Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Ice Wall was good for seeing Bwanga's extremely awful sprite again if nothing else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

InfinityComplex posted:

Wait, why does Aganzo use soul bender poo poo?

It's not Aganzo. You assume the form of some faceless Slayer using a stick for a weapon. It was loving awful because instead of going fast, you ended up being a clunky stick fighter.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Galaga Galaxian posted:

This game looks interesting, but its not what I expected at all. For some reason I thought it was related to Dungeons and Dragons, like a Chronicles of Mystara style thing. Instead it seems to be some crazy Beat-em-up+Fighting Game Mechanics+Guilty Gear style visuals going a billion miles a minute. Every video I've looked checked in this thread has so much poo poo going on I can't follow it at all. :psyduck:

It kind of still is related to Dungeons and Dragons! There's elves and dwarves and bigass loving dragons to kill. It's just instead of you picking Warrior or Elf, you kinda pick Sol Badguy or Chun-li.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Ice Wall was good for seeing Bwanga's extremely awful sprite again if nothing else

Bwanga owns.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

baram. posted:

what's the pros/cons of male vs female launcher

Female launchers 2nd awakening makes her non-cube skills absurdly strong, to the point that male launcher DPS pales in comparison.

Before that, they are fairly similar, but the edge would probably go to the male launcher for his superior first awakening.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

OneDeadlyBum posted:

Female launchers 2nd awakening makes her non-cube skills absurdly strong, to the point that male launcher DPS pales in comparison.

I thought Overheat was the thing that did this, and that's definitely in the game now and thus presumably a first awakening skill?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

baram. posted:

Male has a better laser and female does a little more damage overall. Male's awakening is better on smaller mobile bosses and female's is good against big slow bosses.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I thought Overheat was the thing that did this, and that's definitely in the game now and thus presumably a first awakening skill?

Yes but the second puts it into overdrive.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Overheat is part of it. Overheat and AJ reinforcement (the 2nd awakening passive) combined make her much, much better.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

baram. posted:

Male gets more Laser Rifle boosts I think, and his awakening passive lets you essentially see enemies offscreen for better sniping.

Female gets pretty much everything else stronger due to Overheat.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

booksnake posted:

It kind of still is related to Dungeons and Dragons! There's elves and dwarves and bigass loving dragons to kill. It's just instead of you picking Warrior or Elf, you kinda pick Sol Badguy or Chun-li.

The worst thing about DFO is that nothing really ever comes out of those treasure chests you find in dungeons. I was expecting gold, equipment, items, anything, even a mimic for all I care. But you never get anything.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Eddain posted:

The worst thing about DFO is that nothing really ever comes out of those treasure chests you find in dungeons. I was expecting gold, equipment, items, anything, even a mimic for all I care. But you never get anything.

The ones in Bramble Garden very rarely drop Nightmare Orb Shards! :eng101:

Except... very very rarely. So your point basically still stands. :eng99:

I assume we don't have the Abandoned Mine dungeon from North Myre relocated anywhere else? That one had toothy one-eyed treasure chest mimics.

Edit: Oh yeah, so if anyone cares, the cutoff point for getting growing FP the next day is somewhere between 83 and 75. I would assume it's literally halfway at 78 fp remaining, but I haven't managed to regulate my fp usage to perfectly narrow the window yet.

booksnake fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 9, 2015

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Eddain posted:

DFO is great because visually, every part of it is a like a cargo cult of western fantasy settings. They know they're supposed to have elves, dwarves, dragons, treasure chests that you open by attacking them for some reason and so on, but everything is mashed together through this bizarre, zero-context lens.

You've got Keebler elves sitting next to these weird robot-demon-looking things that are apparently on the same side, working together. There's no correlation between how alien and baroque something looks and how powerful it is. The world of the future just kind of hangs in the sky so they can justify having bombs and rocket launchers in not-medieval europe, and everything that happens in the game is a plot by cynical New Yorkers to destroy the world so they can beautify Central Park.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

DFO is great because visually, every part of it is a like a cargo cult of western fantasy settings. They know they're supposed to have elves, dwarves, dragons, treasure chests that you open by attacking them for some reason and so on, but everything is mashed together through this bizarre, zero-context lens.

You've got Keebler elves sitting next to these weird robot-demon-looking things that are apparently on the same side, working together. There's no correlation between how alien and baroque something looks and how powerful it is. The world of the future just kind of hangs in the sky so they can justify having bombs and rocket launchers in not-medieval europe, and everything that happens in the game is a plot by cynical New Yorkers to destroy the world so they can beautify Central Park.

This is why m. gunner should be the canonical main character, because he's basically that

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Kinda sort've, maybe.

Depends on how you view the korean webcomic and the japanese anime.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

booksnake posted:

The ones in Bramble Garden very rarely drop Nightmare Orb Shards! :eng101:

Except... very very rarely. So your point basically still stands. :eng99:

I assume we don't have the Abandoned Mine dungeon from North Myre relocated anywhere else? That one had toothy one-eyed treasure chest mimics.

They show up in timegate but dfog doesn't have that yet.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I will never bother reading the plot ingame but I love what I know about it from summaries on the internet.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I will never bother reading the plot ingame but I love what I know about it from summaries on the internet.

You should read the plot.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So Neople slimmed down F. Fighter's sprite and to celebrate, they're handing out this:

http://df.nexon.com/df/pg/yoyobangi

It's a fat baby. Literally. :gonk:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I guess all that lard had to go somewhere.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So uhhhh. Whats a good starter class? :confused:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Refer to this post http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708485&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=21#post443473343

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah, saw that. Besides calling the creator "The Easiest" class (but doesn't look/sound very interesting), and saying a few are very input/skill intensive, it hasn't really helped me decide! :shobon:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'd say a physical-focused Exorcist is probably the most newbie-friendly melee class. An Asura or a Launcher is probably the most friendly ranged one. At least those are my experiences, as a noted easy character lover in fighting games.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Yas posted:

Anyone know the network ports needed for coop? The only reference I can find is like 6 years old.

5063 7101 7102 7103 10000-10006 10010-10044

Somefool posted:

Map design sucks (2 dungeons share the same layout), exp sucks, and quests suck. Also gently caress the nightmare section. At least you guys don't have to suffer playing as the hooded slayer with a lovely sb skill set.

I was so glad I wasn't the dick slayer. Bludgeon Soulbender with 2 skills that dies in 2 hits.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I FORGOT. I forgot how hilarious a Weapon Master with a Short Sword is. I knew there was a reason I made my guy a SHort Sword/Lightsabre dude, and now I remember. This is fantastic.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah, saw that. Besides calling the creator "The Easiest" class (but doesn't look/sound very interesting), and saying a few are very input/skill intensive, it hasn't really helped me decide! :shobon:

What looks cool? There's your answer.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Does anyone have pictures of how the new F. Fighter default sprite looks??

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Gologle posted:

I FORGOT. I forgot how hilarious a Weapon Master with a Short Sword is. I knew there was a reason I made my guy a SHort Sword/Lightsabre dude, and now I remember. This is fantastic.

Uh.... what's so hilarious about it? I thought short swords were for SBs due to their MAtk focus.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I can't believe how amazing F. Brawler got at 35 then at 40. Net into Venom Mines into Raging Vulcan is hilarious

(ed) And Ground Kick too :v:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Raruna posted:

Does anyone have pictures of how the new F. Fighter default sprite looks??

LogicNinja posted:

Uh.... what's so hilarious about it? I thought short swords were for SBs due to their MAtk focus.

It makes your SST and Draw sword stupid strong.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Anonymous Robot posted:

What looks cool? There's your answer.

Yeah it doesn't seem like you can go wrong besides "not Creator or Necromancer". Recently coming in, I've got a Launcher, Crusader, Rogue and Spitfire each at level 40-50 and they play differently enough to be a breath of fresh air after finishing the fatigue on one of them, and they are on different points on the intensity scale for whatever I feel like at the time. If you like the game, chances are you'll have more than one character, and you might not even want to stick the character you pick first once you start grouping and see what other classes look like.

If you just want someone to throw a class out there, I think Female Spitfire is a very safe bet that can appeal to multiple playstyles. You get some nice close-range kicks and mobility plays, you get grenades and mines and remote control C4, and you get to throw lots of bullets/arrows downrange. I say the female variant because the male can't throw grenades while airborne or dodging, and it is too sweet to give up.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 9, 2015

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

Kild posted:

It makes your SST and Draw sword stupid strong.

Basically this: SST gives multihitting waves with every slash that have a lot of range and Draw Sword essentially turns into Lightning Draw Sword with the screen-encompassing energy wave except you get it 30 levels earlier and it costs much less MP to perform.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
applied to gamergirls with Fragtastic

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Huh, she DOES have a neck. I'd wondered about that.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I like that they trimmed down her thighs before giving her a pair of fuckin' pants.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

As others have said it's ultimately up to your personal preference since the classes are all pretty different and even 'weaker' ones are often still fun to play and perfectly functional. That being said, you might want to avoid making any sort of Mage as a 'first character ever' since it can be a bit of a pain early on compared to the other starting classes and can make it hard to get into the game unless you really like Magic Missile. You might also want to avoid Soul Bender as a first character unless you're patient; it's a great class, but it takes longer than most other classes to really start to shine.

Creator and Dark Knight are both not at all good first choices though since they both get locked out of or otherwise don't have access to some stuff later on and Creator in particular plays wildly differently from any other class due to having WASD movement and using the mouse to attack.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
My favorite part of the plot is the GBL lady on Behemoth who says "oh God" a lot but instead of god she says some generic western name and shes the only character in the game to do so.

Or I missed something important in the GBL storyline

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Doublestep posted:

My favorite part of the plot is the GBL lady on Behemoth who says "oh God" a lot but instead of god she says some generic western name and shes the only character in the game to do so.

Or I missed something important in the GBL storyline

The western name (Leslie Bagrans or whatever?) was the founder of the GBL. She mentions her when you first talk to her.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is it actually worth reading the text on an alt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is it actually worth reading the text on an alt.

It is good that the monsters are in sleep.

• Locked thread