Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Running Xpadder in admin mode before launching the game worked fine for me.

I'm using a stick, but on a pad I'd run:
X (attack chain), Z (launcher), C (jump, invincible wakeup, backstep) and A (most used skill shortcut) on the face buttons
L1 to 1 (Health potions), R1 to 2 (Mana potions)
L2 shifts the face buttons to S D F G and L1 R1 to 3 and 4
R2 shifts the face buttons to Q W E R and L1 R1 to 5 and 6
Space (buff motion) on R3 or have the buffs bound straight to the analogue stick directions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Also, You can change most skill motions through the skill menu! For example, I set Will Driver to left, right + space instead of up, down + space because I'm bad at getting a clean up, down motion apparently.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Using up all your fatigue takes about 2-3 hours later on because the rooms are larger and the monsters tougher. Think of it this way, you can get 3 or 4 characters to the cap in the same time it would take for one otherwise.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Don't be a moron like me and actually close Xpadder from the task bar because the red X will just minimize and running as admin won't take when Xpadder is already running.

Firstborn posted:

Yesterday I made 2 characters with reserved names.

I couldn't make another character for 24 hours.
I tried to delete the character to make into a different class. I couldn't delete the character for 24 hours.
Today I deleted the character and tried to use the same name. The name is reserved for 24 hours.

gently caress this game.

If it helps, it takes a good deal longer than 24h for names to be released, I think it was one or two weeks :v:

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

I'm on Win 7, but I had better luck running Xpadder before launching the game. (Running with admin privileges won't stick if Xpadder is already in background, so check the task bar)

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I'm playing on a stick using this config:

code:
Z   A   S   1
               space
X   C   m   2
m is a modifier key that shifts all the other buttons to more shortcuts, so I get the 4 main binds + 4 potion shortcuts + 7 skill shortcuts. Seems to be fine with some manual inputs here and there.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Lobstermobile posted:

Its awesome this is back up! I started a F mech but have been struggling. To be able to do good damage I drain my mana really fast, otherwise I'm left just dropping land runners and waiting for them to do all the work. Only level 18 right now, maybe they get better? So fragile too!

Is it possible to recover alpha characters if I didn't sign up using the facebook account I had used previously? I had a level 30ish summoner that was pretty fun.

You can link your account through the profile page, might have to whitelist it in adblock otherwise the icons get eaten.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Omnikin posted:

Does anyone use an arcade stick to play? I'm curious to know how the set-up works for it

I posted my setup at the top of this page, X is the regular attack string and also used for skill inputs, Z is a launcher and used for skill inputs, C is jump and used for some defensive skill inputs, space is used for buff inputs.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Jowy posted:

edit: Actually that reminds me. Did Female Nens get nerfed or something? I don't hear them getting talked up nearly as much post-2nd awakening as they used to back in the day, but it could just be that everyone is too busy with the objectively best fighter, female grappler.

They got buffed a ton and then got a slight nerf. The biggest changes I remember are: Tiger Flash has 30 sec duration, 30 cd for 100% uptime, Solar Curtain buffs your light element damage and Spiral Nen autocasts like it does for Male Nens and Khai also buffs magic damage.

https://www.dfcentral.com/2013/05/22/dnf-new-balance-523/2/
https://www.dfcentral.com/2013/08/02/dnf-season-3-act-4/6/
https://www.dfcentral.com/2013/12/24/dnf-game-update-1226/

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Raften posted:

Xigncode's support hasn't gotten back to me yet about my log and I can't figure out what could be triggering the stupid loving anticheat. The only thing I can think of is Xpadder, but I really don't want to play the game on keyboard.

Xpadder doesn't trigger it, do you have the joytokey executable on your hdd?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Vanderdeath posted:

Either I'm rusty as hell or Monk feels a bit...fragile compared to what it used to be. My old Monk was a never-ending flurry of juggles and fists but the grab-immune enemies and some random liquid dudes in the Penitentiary are ruining my day.

Yeah, low level Monks feel like they're made out of paper, but you can play kinda lame backdashing whenever something seems even remotely threatening.

Holy gently caress are Rogues fun even with barely any skills unlocked. Some of the cancels and extensions are a bit fiddly though.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 29, 2015

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

SettingSun posted:

Is there a good way to reliably get magic sealed gear, or do I have do blow money at the auction house every five levels?

You get a bunch from quests and Seria lets you reforge two unsealed items to make one with the type of your choice.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Lunethex posted:

I've never been sure why Koreans use these insane programs. I mean, the Korean D&F game client is completely worthless until you go to the game website (a site that only works for Internet Explorer, whole heap of problems there), has ONLINE web security by Ahnlab (the site won't even accept a single click until it loads and it's a buggy rear end thing sometimes) and then clicking a play button on the page which then loads up the game. They're so obsessed with overwhelming security you'd think they're constantly deflecting Chinese hacking attempts, but the only reason I can think of why they went so far is because it used to be that you had to put your Social Security number in just to make an account. A lot of S.Korean websites used to require that, but their government, I believe, did away with that requirement.

Still, it makes me wonder.

Moving all the calculations server-side would make client-side hacking unfeasible, but it's good deal harder to implement well and when you can lean on SSNs making bans actually significant, cheaper and simpler is what will be done more often than not. On top of that they are legaly required to use specific ActiveX controls for any kind of ecommerce, and AhnLabs founder holds a chair in the National Assembly.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 30, 2015

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

HotBobaloo posted:

Seriously...I thought I was hearing things. It's really annoying, is there no way to remove that specific sound without muting the sounds in general?

A few pages back, but I'm pretty sure that there are tools to extract and repack the assets. Finding the audio file and replacing it with an empty one should do the trick.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Crono S. Magnum posted:

How do you set this up? I'd love to have an extra page of attacks for my Asura.

Through Xpadder, select a button->Advanced->Set Selector-> Set 2 while held

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

baram. posted:

then you can chain one to set 3 from set 2 while held and get meta

Which lets you have separate sets on each trigger and then a third one when both are held down.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

dromer posted:

Anyone have rogue tips? So far my standard plan of attack is enter room -> hurricane->hit end, then x->bandit cut, x->chainsaw, x->shining cut, repeat until done.

X->Rising Cut->aerial X>Diving Arrow for easy 3 cp. If the target is launchable, press Z while in the Diving Arrow animation to bounce him up for X->Shining Cut/Sword Dance/Bandit Cut etc.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Snicker-Snack posted:

So, how big is the difference in XP between Hard and Ultimate difficulty? I have been trying to clear the dungeons in Ultimate but they're so time consuming.

Somefool posted:

Always run on Hard whenever possible for the most exp and drop rate. Ultimate gives around 50% more exp than Hard I believe but everything has around 2x more HP and deals 2x more damage without a higher drop rate.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Are any other classes as balls to the wall quick and offensive and gently caress defense anyway like the Monk is? I thought I wouldn't but I am REALLY liking that playstyle. Rather used to think I preferred the "bigger numbers == better, doesn't matter how long it took" school, but it seems not, at least in this game.

Rogues are fun as hell and even further on the gently caress defense scale.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Raruna posted:

To be fair, Monks get to say "gently caress defense" because they get crazy evasion. Rogues require a more careful approach lest you get ground to bits by the slightest breeze. But please play Rogue because they're fun as poo poo and do a fuckton of damage, especially now that you can stack a ton of Crit with Magic Seals.

I took the "gently caress defense" to mean sacrificing passive defense for offense, but yeah. Play Rogues everyone!

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah, I didn't mean literal Defense, I meant things like 'careful positioning, attention to mob attacks, etc' :v:

Ah, in that case you'd probably like Asura and Avenger.

Is it confirmed that we will get Elven Knight in OBT2 or is it just "soon"?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

LornMarkus posted:

Daggers attack faster so it's easier to use base attack hit stun to lock up enemies and also easier to chain attacks to stay in the air longer. The actual mastery will allow you to do stuff more often (extra uses of Shining Slice, Sword Dance) or have more mobility (+50% movement speed for Hurricane). Overall though I think the massively larger spinning blades on your Hit End stuff from Sword are much more useful so that's what I'm sticking with too.

Dagger mastery also lets you use Shining and Sword Dance to cancel out of skills so you get a free additional Breaking Rush. But I'm using daggers mostly because mashing Sword Dance is extremely satisfying.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Current F.Fighter sprite looks kinda stubby and clashes with the rest of the characters, so I don't mind the redesign.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

NTRKouhai posted:

I need some help on this.

Does anyone know the proper skills for a Rogue? I've been mostly winging it on things except for Hurricane, Chainsaw, Hit End, Bandit Cut, Shining Cut, Lightning Arrow and Vertical Spiral. I have no idea what's recommended because people barely play Rogue.

Build combo points with X + Bandit Cut, X + Chainsaw (only hold if you relly want the launcher, tapping gets you a quick combo point) and X + Rising + aerial X + Diving Arrow for 3 COMBO POINTS EVERY 6 SECONDS BEST DEAL. The only mandatory skills to max are your cubes and hit end dumps, rest is up to preference. Transformation: Molting is a neat 1 point cya shitlords escape, Breaking Rush can cancel out of skills and has iframes, Slicer nets you a combo point off of a dash attack. Rest is probably obvious.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Controllers or at least xinput is not officially supported, so you'll need Xpadder (the older free versions work, I think?) for the bindings but other than that it works fine.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I just grabbed Xpadder 5.7 and am trying to configure it. How do you do this?

Also, is there a way to get the game to stop registering the 360 Dpad as movement input?

Arzachel posted:

Through Xpadder, select a button->Advanced->Set Selector-> Set 2 while held

This is on the paid version, but it should be similar. Either don't bind movement in Xpadder or only plug in your pad after launching the game.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I deleted my alpha BM because the awakening transformations seemed dumb, but now I know that magical BMs can just skip them :unsmith: The name still isn't released even after three weeks though :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I haven't played since a bit after the launch, what cool stuff have we gotten over the past months?

• Locked thread