Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck. marry. t-rex

alnilam posted:

butt sheik is rich

drat right he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther

bunny babe?

pig slut lisa

irl is good

you know who said bb a lot...

Miss Psychosis

pig slut lisa posted:

you know who said bb a lot...

:dogstare:

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
Is con illness a real thing, or is this something people take out of proportion? Like where it seems like some super virulent strain of the flu sweeps across the con building. If so, maybe there should be a con for rare diseases.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lil Cunty

yes

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

Qwerinty posted:

Is con illness a real thing, or is this something people take out of proportion? Like where it seems like some super virulent strain of the flu sweeps across the con building. If so, maybe there should be a con for rare diseases.

I think it's like legionnaires or w/e they get on cruise ships and is just basically caused by too much gross stuff too close for too long

ty crap

ty landy

pig slut lisa

irl is good

if you talk poo poo about my conference next month i will end you

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

they have, like, a different kind of comiccon every month here. it's hosed up, it screws up down town, and the smell is obscene

Lil Cunty

pig slut lisa posted:

if they demonstrate appalling hygiene and an inexcusable dearth of manners I will

ty crap

ty landy

FluffieDuckie

pig slut lisa posted:

what are you dressing up as?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Jimi Changa posted:

if they demonstrate appalling hygiene and an inexcusable dearth of manners I will

good news! urban planners are:
  • polite
  • trendy
  • likes beer
  • ride a bike to work
  • government secrets
  • humble about their strength
  • me and my friends
  • "grease the skids"

pig slut lisa

irl is good

FluffieDuckie posted:

what are you dressing up as?

bizcasfri

FluffieDuckie

pig slut lisa posted:

"grease the skids"

ew

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

pig slut lisa posted:

good news! urban planners are:
  • polite
  • trendy
  • likes beer
  • ride a bike to work
  • government secrets
  • humble about their strength
  • me and my friends
  • "grease the skids"

smelly/sweaty beer drenched conspiracy theorist crackpot fashion show

----------------

Lil Cunty

Qwerinty posted:

smelly/sweaty beer drenched conspiracy theorist crackpot fashion show

ty crap

ty landy

Ace of Baes
i went to otacon when i was 16, it was weird

----------------

Wertjoe

suicide bi cop posted:

i went to otacon when i was 16, it was weird

I went to Acen a year ago for no reason. I'm an adult. I realized how poor of a decision it was about 5 minutes in.

DinosaurDavid

Froody
Went to a comic con last weekend with my mates.

It was a UK one, that I'd been to around 10 years ago a few times. I was young and it was amazing, a dual event for Sports Memorabilia and Comics. There was only one group of people dressed up and they were Storm Troopers, the good kind. Got to meet most of the cast of Red Dwarf, and they were super chill and it was more like they were hanging with their friends, and occasionally someone would walk up and talk to them and ask for a photo, rather than anything weird. And all the stuff on the stalls seemed awesome.

Going back to the same event, with another decade of experience and it changed a lot and was probably bad to start with as well. The American con-scene has influenced it a lot, so it tries to be a massive event, but being in the UK it has none of the space or resources, or American willingness to just throw people and money at a problem until its solved. All the cool stuff I wanted to buy when I was young seems dumb now, or I'm too old to appreciate it. Like I kinda want that 2foot tall statue of Spawn... but do I NEED it? I honestly think my biggest gripe was the cosplayers. Its cool that people express themselves by dressing up, and there's a small majority of them that are just chill people who dressed up as a Dr Who or something. But the vast majority have schtick now... like a group of Judge Dredd Judges who ordered people to move out the way, and then started actually bodying people. Or the hundreds of Harlequinns who put on some awful faux brooklyn accent. Or the guy dressed as an anthropomorphic fox, who snuck around tapping people on the shoulder and hiding and poo poo.

I'm worried now, because my friends are talking about a mass The Warriors cosplay... And as a group, none of us really have that physique, so we'll just be a bunch of chubby guys in red leather...

alnilam

you gotta go to every trek con because you never know which one is going to be the one at the end of galaxy quest where the real ship crash lands

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
fuckboys? it's comicon.

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Nice. :mrgw:

----------------

lumpycnt

ive never been to a comic con. i have been to the copenhagen fashion week though. it was horrible everyone there pretended to have an accent and all wearing mannequin costumes
i had a bad hangover and had to look at fashion and have coked up fashion people tell me about their fashions for more than 8 hours and 3 event centers
i kinda imagine comic con a bit the same, just with weirder fashion. and fatter maybe, everyone at fashion week seemed to survive on nothing but vodka-club soda and shallow flattery

gently caress fashion its the worst job i ever had

drilldo squirt

lumpycnt posted:

ive never been to a comic con. i have been to the copenhagen fashion week though. it was horrible everyone there pretended to have an accent and all wearing mannequin costumes
i had a bad hangover and had to look at fashion and have coked up fashion people tell me about their fashions for more than 8 hours and 3 event centers
i kinda imagine comic con a bit the same, just with weirder fashion. and fatter maybe, everyone at fashion week seemed to survive on nothing but vodka-club soda and shallow flattery

gently caress fashion its the worst job i ever had

I don't believe you.

----------------

lumpycnt

drilldo squirt posted:

I don't believe you.

yet its true
getting a job in a store that sells clothes means you get to go to copenhagen fashion week and make like you give a gently caress bout this stupid fashion poo poo

if you want to sell a loving shirt dilly
you must spend loving ages being 'inspired' by fashions at some event center twice a year
whats so unbelievable about it dillo

drilldo squirt

Prove it then.

----------------

Tebulot

im hip now bois

drilldo squirt posted:

Prove it then.

This is getting intense

fuck. marry. t-rex

drilldo squirt posted:

Prove it then.

Lil Cunty

I believe you

ty crap

ty landy

ron color
iron man, but it's made out of those industrial air fresheners that are timed to spray every once in awhile

ron color
hulk mint

lumpycnt

drilldo squirt posted:

Prove it then.

disprove it

you will not make fascism in this thread dillydoo

all posters are innocent until proven guilty
justice is chill
chill dilly

Lil Cunty

yesterday I saw a bevy of buxom babes in superhero outfits made out of duct tape, a Mario marching band, and a group of dudes dressed as my little ponies but they were wearing mini skirts too for some reason even though I never saw a my little pony in a mini skirt before

also a lot of poo poo I didn't understand that I assume has to do with mangas or something, including a very bloody girl in a red hood who wanted to try on clothes in the shop. I told her it might be better if she came back after she showered

ty crap

ty landy

lumpycnt

sounds like you ought to bleach exposed body parts and an std test maybe.
these people sound like in a nightmare. be careful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Jimi Changa posted:

also a lot of poo poo I didn't understand that I assume has to do with mangas or something, including a very bloody girl in a red hood who wanted to try on clothes in the shop. I told her it might be better if she came back after she showered

are you sure this wasn't a LARP of the pelican brief

• Locked thread