Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Do you still need people? I'm a people, sign me up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Good morning/midday, I'm confirming I'm a super cool dude IRL.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
The guilt about my lies in that last post is hanging heavily upon me... I am at best only pretty cool :(

I hope you can all forgive me for my deceit.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Max posted:

Lynch all liars

##vote Puntification

Trap sprung, I am clearly the coolest dude you overeager scumlord ##vote max

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Max posted:

If I could vote twice, I would.

Being a double-voter is pointless if you don't use it, I agree.

Rurea posted:

Cpig why did you give me such a lovely role

Just never use it and pretend you're VT (the best role) and your problem is solved.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I am VERY STRONG and TWICE AS ATTRACTIVE AS I AM STRONG and also SON GOKU

Since I always think people look like their avatars I think this statement is true.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Let's just chill with getting super simon on each other's asses, somber is a lovely fellow even if he's in huge denial about his obvious nerdhood.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

*looks @ u* yeh m8 im proper rotten over that DBZ comment, that I am, he's gonna get the old one two, ye olde fisticuffs, right-o. Blam is what I'll say to the bloke, I will, when I gank that chav. Quite.

:britain:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I think silly voices are a-ok because you take power away from hateful people by mocking them

The problem with mocking chavs is that they have gently caress all power for you to take away from them; it's basically going lol poor people are awful. Britain is a ridiculous country in so many ways, you could at least aim a bit higher tbh.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Like, by that metric, I can't make fun of the KKK either. The KKK are really lovely people deserving of all mockery one can muster. Unless I misunderstood this from a previous time, Chavs are also definitionally lovely people, yeah? Not just a poor thing but rather an immoral/cruel thing.

People argue that yes but it's most frequently used in the media to suggest that being poor and being lovely is the same thing, a popular classist dog-whistle if you will. But even still they are generally at worst petty criminals or mostly just harmless idiots rather than anything like a racist organisation of murderers though. I didn't take it seriously fwiw I just thought it was worth pointing out they are hardly people who need taking down a peg or two.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

As I understand it, they form gangs and go around beating up people for their stuff and sometimes even killing them. But then, this is all gleaned from other people I've talked to. I admit I have zero firsthand knowledge.

No that's the police.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

Scum wouldn't claim confirmed masons d1, c'mon.

I feel like this isn't necessarily correct. Scum isn't an actual irl thing we're playing against people so prescriptive expectations about scum behaviour are bound to be confounded imo. In fact I'd probably be willing to test this masonry claim with a plorping.

My vote on max is now non-joking, he seems cagey to me, like he's doing a lot of short comments that aren't giving much away or being particularly useful and there's no real difference/improvement in content from his jokephase votes on ram/me/diqnol and his serious one on wall monitor:

Max posted:

Little Mac posted:

My mamma she-a de best lady I ever did see-a. Since I moved outta de Italy I gotta say I miss-a her so much-a. When I was-a da little bambino I ate-a de pasta anna de pizza anna she made-a me have-a de best gut-a! My gut-a says I should-a ##vote wall monitor but that's-a just-a my gut talking!!!
I hate PR but also ##vote wall monitor

Serious voting time comes and he's quoting mac and complaining about their PR but doesn't talk about the person he's voting, so I guess we can infer he agrees with mac's gut?

I also take issue with the post by LUTR that poque complained about, I didn't like the way it was putting the onus on others to generate content and made vague threats/promises of future content. Would probably vote them as a distant second/third choice.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Look Under The Rock posted:

Btw my new least favorite buzzphrase is any variation of "generating content"

And sorry for asking people to quit jokephase but 1) it worked and 2) it worked

Maybe instead of policing my use of language you could engage with the points made? Nice job taking credit for other people's work without doing anything as well, makes me feel better about you.

Look Under The Rock posted:

Actually I'm on board because "generating content"

##vote punt

Lazy opportunism and laughable reasoning. EAT MY VOTE SCUMBO ##vote LUTR

Pinterest Mom posted:

Deflecting from "come on, a confirmed mason claim isn't a good place to start looking for scum" with "what is even the nature of scumminess, or existence, or anything" is awkward af. It's a good vote.

That's not a deflection your entire position rests on the assertion that set scum behaviours exist, pointing out that I think that is flawed logic is entirely legitimate.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Hey guys sorry for missing the deadline last night, I can't tell the time apparently.

Anyway I'm gonna join the claim-party, my role is spirit medium and I can commune with the dead:

Somberbrero posted:

Eventually someone will nk them, or that doesn't happen and they're scum.

Pin being a real Butt this game. Could do pin.

Somber's telling us from beyond the grave to kill pinterest.

He told me if you look at his voting record it's inconsistent lazy garbage, particularly if you look at how it goes from his vote on my handsome self (over stupid garbage) and then switches to lutr (my vote choice) soon after = he thinks I'm scum but is willing to follow my lead on the lynch? His parting vote on doug is pretty awful as well. He's also super snipey and rude and not at all chill. My ghosts command me ##vote pinterest mom

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

what does claiming get you here

If you took that for a serious claim I don't know what to say, I am clearly just agreeing with something he wrote pre-death in that post and not actually using spooky powers at all.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Max posted:

I'm having problems with this post.

Worried about your scumbuddy huh?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
drat that ghost-whisperer he's pegged both of us!!!! AAAAaaaaaaarrrrgghhh *max and pinterest fall into a giant chasm named scum who got owned by punt*

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

my main problem is that just because Somber is dead doesn't mean he's right. like, I kind of agree with it. but it's not like a cop investigation, it's just Somber's restated opinion.

It's a bit more than that actually, I'm not simply restating somber's opinion. I put my own thoughts on the matter that go beyond what somber said - he never discussed pin's voting behaviour or his lack of chillness. those are 100% punt-thoughts.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

your case against me is fine on its own. why drape yourself in the habits of a dead player to make it?

Mostly I thought it would be amusing. Also interesting to see who would try to make mountains from molehills about it.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

If Mac is scum I think that actually makes last night's mechanics make more sense. Mental note to review

Opopanax posted:

Mostly that, yes. If Mac is scum could be that Ram is too, after all

Could you explain the logic of this, slowly as if to a dumb child please?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

I explain why I move off Ram here. I can't make the logic work for Ram to be scum if Mac is town. If Mac is scum, then it's possible.

Ok but here's a thought we have no actual evidence for him being a shopkeeper at all.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Didn't he say it was a night action?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
hello everyone I have a series of stunning revelations to make:

I really am a PR but it isn't related to talking to ghosts, n1 I targeted diqnol and my action failed and n2 I targeted theram and discovered I was targeting wall monitor instead, so we have a bus-driver in play.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

TheRam posted:

Uhm what did you do that fails on a jailed player?...

I'm not gonna fullclaim if I can help it tbh.

wall monitor posted:

If someone was switching me and theram then... who would benefit?

It is a v interesting question I agree. if ram was scum maybe the scum thought he'd be investigated maybe?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

wall monitor posted:

My pet theory is that it's a scum busdriver, thought people would investigate me and get whatever alignment theram's got instead

Not to be rude but why investigate you? Ram's been way more noisy in the thread. You could be scum and they might be trying to stitch ram up...

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

For the very reason we just had votes on Ram?

They would have to know a PR would target one of them and get a flavour PM revealing the switch as a result unless you're suggesting I'm scum?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

So how did you come to know you were actually targeting wall monitor?

Cpig told me in a PM, your wiki blerb refers to the bus-driven and a cop not knowing since I'm neither of those, it doesn't apply I guess.

TheRam posted:

yeh let's kill opop he fits the criteria for a scum rear end in a top hat like I thought Pmom was I just have him too much cred for being bad because it's opop

Let's lynch this guy he's just like that other guy that flipped town?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

TheRam posted:

Yes that's the reasoning you nailed it.

Probably shouldn't have evoked a mislynch in your justification for voting someone if you didn't want to be mocked for it.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
We do need to revist the theram and wall monitor situation later but I am happy to lynch perpetual and mac first after that ##vote little mac

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I have just come back and will be here off and on until the deadline.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
ram targeted ernie.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'm guessing since my action failed.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
##vote ernie

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Well the lack of nk made me think that ernie is the mafia goon and his jailing meant the nk didn't happen but ram's reaction is totally wtf

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
##unvote

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

TheRam posted:

yeh no I thought the same as you but targetting failed. so you targetted ernie I guess too and go the message he wasn't there? cpig didn't give me flavour because he's tired or something which is okay with me.

literally said "you fail"

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I wanna kill wall monitor now

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Am I the only one to whom this looks like a scum who withheld a nk just to make this claim?

Both me and ram already claimed to have targeted ernie and had our actions fail so unless you figure it's a triumvirate scum gambit this doesn't make sense.

EXAKT Science posted:

Hey I'm doing a limited reread, can someone recap who's flipped how? CPig doesn't have it in the OP.

somber - lover/bp
UTR - lover/hider
max - vt
pinterest -vt
mac - vt
ecco -vt
sam -vt

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
He also appears to be suggesting that scum kept a hold of their actions until after the nightkill results came back, which doesn't seem right - they have to be processed at the same time so the mod knows if RBs hit protective PRs or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

punti your thought process coming into this day doesn't make any sense.

Admittedly it was the middle of the night and I was quite drunk but what about it doesn't make sense? I got a pm telling me targeting ernie failed, I assumed ram jailed ernie as with d1 and diqnol and the lack of nk made me think ernie was the killer. The possibility ernie was the target only occurred to me after I discovered that ram wasn't the reason my action failed.

• Locked thread