Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Anything that involves a transmission and isn't a drain/fill/flush, I expect to pay at least $700. If it's less then great, but generally that's what it's going to cost bare minimum for labor/tools/expertise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Tomarse posted:

We still don't seem to have confirmed if we are talking a Saab 9-3 or a '93 Saab. If its a '93 Saab we could be talking a c900 an ng900 or a 9000.

From his previous thread, it is a 1993 Saab 9000.

epic bird guy fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 1, 2015

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I've asked a number of mechanics, both in the Bay Area and in San Diego, about the cost to do the same job (down to removing the engine because the transmission can't come out the bottom, with the addition of having to disconnect the AWD) on the Volvo V70R I'm buying. $1068 is the best price I can find. It's not easy.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Thanks to this thread, I am not looking into purchasing a Saab 900 9-3 Intercooler for my Audi.

drat you.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

From his previous posts it seems like he's either just a troll or doesn't think things through very well. He bought a Saab because he's "good with electrics", disregarding the fact that the car in question was pissing transmission fluid all over the place.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

Thanks to this thread, I am not looking into purchasing a Saab 900 9-3 Intercooler for my Audi.

drat you.

Saab engineers did some crazy poo poo, but it was always with the best intentions and usually even worked!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Saab engineers did some crazy poo poo, but it was always with the best intentions and usually even worked!

Its just what I need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

Its just what I need.

Just make sure you get the crossflow for the HOT engines. (I learned this by reading the thread that your image came from, so you probably already know this)

E: like this: http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/70106/Performance-Intercooler-Crossflow-ICM100/

• Locked thread