Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Warhammer Odyssey came out today!

So far it's pretty decent. Warhammer Fantasy world, WoW playstyle. In as Calyxis.

Hey, nice, looks cool! Been looking for something new to get into, might give this a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I hope there's some cross-platforming there cause I'm on ios.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Warhammer Odyssey came out today!

So far it's pretty decent. Warhammer Fantasy world, WoW playstyle. In as Calyxis.

What server are you on?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I tried Rogue Adventure and it's weird because the base cards for Wizard, Assassin and Necro are really good. So I just avoid picking up any card except a couple that give extra mana, and the ones that double Strength and Resilience, and use gold to upgrade the class ability, use crystals earned from not taking cards to buy good skills and, just loving dumpster every fight with no problem.

The common rewards are truly terrible compared to the what you start with for non-warrior classes, you just hold out for good rare cards and have like 9 relics by the end of the run.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Wayfaring Stranger posted:

What server are you on?

You didn't ask me but I picked the first one I was presented with which was Ranald I believe. Didn't really get to spend much time with it yet but seems neat enough. Runs like crap on my Note20+ with everything maxed out so I definitely need to dial it back a bit :sweatdrop:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Lone Goat posted:

I tried Rogue Adventure and it's weird because the base cards for Wizard, Assassin and Necro are really good. So I just avoid picking up any card except a couple that give extra mana, and the ones that double Strength and Resilience, and use gold to upgrade the class ability, use crystals earned from not taking cards to buy good skills and, just loving dumpster every fight with no problem.

The common rewards are truly terrible compared to the what you start with for non-warrior classes, you just hold out for good rare cards and have like 9 relics by the end of the run.

Yeah that's honestly the balance of the game, weirdly enough. Your starting deck tends to be really good, so you supplement it with synergistic cards instead of removing it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Arzaac posted:

Yeah that's honestly the balance of the game, weirdly enough. Your starting deck tends to be really good, so you supplement it with synergistic cards instead of removing it.

Last Necro run I think I added 5 cards to my deck, then removed one of them because it was a quest card that I mixed up with another (I don't need 9 Weak when every other card I play adds 3 lmao) and duplicated a card twice. I had near infinite crystals because I was was skipping almost every card offered to me, and there were almost no strategic choices to make.

What's the point of having all these different cards when none of them matter? "Ignore 98% of what's offered to you" isn't really balanced lol

Maybe the other classes are more interesting? I'm hardly motivated to grind the same classes over and over to unlock.

Do things get more interesting at higher Inferno levels? I'm up to i2 on a couple classes and it's just a small HP nerf and extra cash to start with.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

That's the answer yeah. Some classes just have a strong enough starting deck that they can really power through low inferno levels with little effort.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
For rogue adventure feel like I am playing every class wrong when I am not playing druid. It is just so much better than every other class in my experience. I spent like a dozen tries trying to do inferno 10 with hunter, go back to druid and breeze through inferno 13 the first try

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light

Lone Goat posted:

Last Necro run I think I added 5 cards to my deck, then removed one of them because it was a quest card that I mixed up with another (I don't need 9 Weak when every other card I play adds 3 lmao) and duplicated a card twice. I had near infinite crystals because I was was skipping almost every card offered to me, and there were almost no strategic choices to make.

What's the point of having all these different cards when none of them matter? "Ignore 98% of what's offered to you" isn't really balanced lol

Maybe the other classes are more interesting? I'm hardly motivated to grind the same classes over and over to unlock.

Do things get more interesting at higher Inferno levels? I'm up to i2 on a couple classes and it's just a small HP nerf and extra cash to start with.

I think you also unlock more cards as you complete more runs through the game. The higher difficulties make the base decks a lot harder to get running so you need some filler stuff sometimes. Also, some themed cards are way better than the starter deck cards. If you get a rare card that scale armor or attack gain off the number of angles, beasts, robots, ect they can really help you out on the bosses that deal 100+ damage every attack. Building a themed deck can make some of the really junk cards way better with the right synergy or they just boost the number of the theme you have and you ignore them when they are in your hand.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011

explosivo posted:

You didn't ask me but I picked the first one I was presented with which was Ranald I believe. Didn't really get to spend much time with it yet but seems neat enough. Runs like crap on my Note20+ with everything maxed out so I definitely need to dial it back a bit :sweatdrop:

I'm not very far and was going to scrap my char whenever I found out what world goons were on. I'll probably reroll there then!

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I'd assumed there were like three levels of difficulty in Rogue Adventure, and thought it seemed a little simple. Turns out there's about a dozen difficulty levels, and a lot of cards and strategies to go with it. It's pretty complex if you stick with it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm partial to the Beastmen strategy where you just pile up beatsticks, poison, Armored and shields, myself.

Or there's Void, where you get semi-random decks and have to pick and choose amongst the dregs it hands you.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Re Rogue Adventures

I find the best success with Necromancer, Druid and Hunter.

As a general rule I would suggest staying away from burn damage and use poison instead. Burn procs after the enemy attack and is affected by armor. Poison procs before their attack, and isn't affect by armor. It's not even like poison damage is rarer than burn, its just as common in cards and I think is more prevelant on relics.

Also Weak is a pretty great debuff, and the relics only make it better.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
This is for the Raid Boss goons. Posting here since it's easier than in game.

I recently sent a somewhat angry email to the dev about melee dps and the splitting of the equipment, and this was his response.

"Thanks for the feedback. The red items will be available in new ways as well as alliance raid and alliance shop. We will be introducing a new shop and new challenge events that drop red items. So there will be more ways to earn red items soon!

Melee DPS will be getting tuned as well. We are aware that they are weaker than they should be. Thanks again for the feedback.

PizzaDan"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I don't know if you're exaggerating, but please don't actually send real, angry correspondence to developers of games.

There is no need to be angry about a game. At least not angry enough to email someone working on it.

Constructive criticism is fine.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
New Dicast hero is out along with some balance changes:

code:
 3.5.0 PATCH NOTE

[SYSTEM]
- Bailey the cat will help you bail out from the jail now in Arena battle.

[CONTENT]
- New Hero [CAROLINE] will join the battle.
[PIRATE TAX COLLECTION] : Upon successful attack, you receive30%/50%/90%of the target's gold as pirate tax.
[PIRATESHIP SHELLING] : If an enemy is in the opposite line, fire 1 cannon ball with damage equal to 30%/40%/50% of AP.
If you have more gold than the enemy, 1 cannon ball is added per 20 Gold difference. (Max 4 cannon balls)
[CANNONADE] : Add 1/2/3 shots to [PIRATESHIP SHELLING]

- New Guild cooperating content [GUILD MISSION]
Cooperate with your fellow guild mates to complete Guild Missions and receive rewards!

- 8 New Cards
Special Card: [PIRATESHIP SHELLING, HALF SWORD, SPECIAL CHAOS, HALF LIFE, HAND CHANGE, GOLD CHANGE]
Special Combo Card: [ENHANCE MAGIC BOOK, SUMMON REVERSE DICE]

- New Caroline Emoji

[IVY]
When [SHARPSHOOTER] activates, [ENTANGLEMENT] effect will not be renewed.

[CARD]
Few Special Card effect adjusted
[PURIFICATION, IMMUNE DEBUFF] : Available to use in Sneed's Ice Prision. When used, prision and ice road will be removed.
[UNEXPECTED LUCK] : Applies to card purchased in Battle Shop. When receiving more than 1 card, only applies to 1 card.
[DRAW DICE] : Only summons forward direction dice cards. Will not summon reverse dice cards.
[SUMMON TRAP, RELOCATION, GOLD ROAD] : When changing the blocks, all of the block applied effects will be removed also.

[HEROJACK]
- Overpower round: Additional attack will be added every 5 round
- If DRAW occurs consecutively, the attack power will increase cumulatively.
- You can now select the Hero in Random match and Friend match also.
- Team HP will be displayed to help understand the battle situation.

- Jack Hit Hero Skill will be adjusted as the following,
[CRITICAL] : Additional damage will be given to other player that was not targeted.
[RECOVER] : When revived, revives with HP 1
[BUFF] : AP increases
[CARD] : Gets 2 Special cards
- 1 Special card given at Jack Hit is removed.
I'm going to miss getting negative dice cards from Draw Dice. I was using that in every deck.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

If they're actually adding guild missions I guess I should join the goon guild, huh?

Loonytoad Quack posted:

I started DiceDiceBaby as a Dicast goon guild if anyone wants to join one. It's application only at the moment so drop your name in here if you do join.

Applied as TomcatBuchanan.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Rubicon posted:

This is for the Raid Boss goons. Posting here since it's easier than in game.

I recently sent a somewhat angry email to the dev about melee dps and the splitting of the equipment, and this was his response.

"Thanks for the feedback. The red items will be available in new ways as well as alliance raid and alliance shop. We will be introducing a new shop and new challenge events that drop red items. So there will be more ways to earn red items soon!

Melee DPS will be getting tuned as well. We are aware that they are weaker than they should be. Thanks again for the feedback.

PizzaDan"

The tendency for units to shuffle is what pissed me off. They move to a location and then will just start moving for no reason. Like why? Also, so much of the game is tuned too tightly. I just got the final healer challenge done yesterday. I had almost no other character growth options aside from stars. Characters were level 70 with as maxed skills as I could get. The challenges should be challenging, but shouldn't require a perfect comp to complete.

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs
Caroline in Dicast seems OP. Level up quick and just play opposite of your opponent as much as possible and you'll do like 10+ damage a turn. She's fun as hell.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I haven't played as or against Caroline yet as a result of her being so new but she seems super fun to me. Also seems like she might be the future go-to newbie character; every guide recommends maxing gold mine, so why not run a character that can capitalize on all that gold gain?

In other news, Glacial Tower is currently the bane of my existence. It seems pretty overtuned to me, as it's pretty much straight up better than Flame Guild. It makes fighting just about anyone super annoying, but especially Sneed and Ivy.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Arzaac posted:

If they're actually adding guild missions I guess I should join the goon guild, huh?

Applied as TomcatBuchanan.

Applied as donincognito340

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Arzaac posted:

I haven't played as or against Caroline yet as a result of her being so new but she seems super fun to me. Also seems like she might be the future go-to newbie character; every guide recommends maxing gold mine, so why not run a character that can capitalize on all that gold gain?

In other news, Glacial Tower is currently the bane of my existence. It seems pretty overtuned to me, as it's pretty much straight up better than Flame Guild. It makes fighting just about anyone super annoying, but especially Sneed and Ivy.

Yeah I maxed out Glacial Tower but I'm probably not supposed to use it with Locoi because it fucks up my own strat. If I'm on the square in front of them with the fear ability that punishes odd rolls, they can still get me with a 4 if the spot they're on is iced out. whoops!

Caroline looks fun though I'll start saving up for her, having all the quests for her this year month is a good incentive too.

Also, do we know what levelling the guild missions does? We have enough guildbucks to do it and we're not near capacity

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Now that Caroline is out, we now have enough heroes to man four L5 bases to craft gold.

I recommend Gold Mine obviously, and also

Elm, Flame and Tent each do one of the equipment, and also gold.

Lone Goat posted:

Yeah I maxed out Glacial Tower but I'm probably not supposed to use it with Locoi because it fucks up my own strat. If I'm on the square in front of them with the fear ability that punishes odd rolls, they can still get me with a 4 if the spot they're on is iced out. whoops!

Caroline looks fun though I'll start saving up for her, having all the quests for her this year month is a good incentive too.

Also, do we know what levelling the guild missions does? We have enough guildbucks to do it and we're not near capacity

I like Tac Tent for Locoi, it lets you ramp to that big one-shot Onslaught real fast.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I was really enjoying Dicast but after a couple of weeks I'm now at Plat 3 and I'm fighting people who have like 40 or 50 health when i start with 28 or 30. I have no L5 chars and no equipment.

There's no real way to go back down to people with characters at my own level except by losing 100 times. And it's boring grinding wins against unbalanced opponents.

Is that just the end of the game now? I'm not interested in p2w.

keeper
Jun 5, 2002

Spermanent Record posted:

I was really enjoying Dicast but after a couple of weeks I'm now at Plat 3 and I'm fighting people who have like 40 or 50 health when i start with 28 or 30. I have no L5 chars and no equipment.

There's no real way to go back down to people with characters at my own level except by losing 100 times. And it's boring grinding wins against unbalanced opponents.

Is that just the end of the game now? I'm not interested in p2w.

If I was working when I hit that part I might have dropped it, but gold income raises a lot with the gold mine and tactical tent at lvl 5 (I made some early mistakes not recognizing gold as a wall). After that without paying can probably get one base or hero a week to lvl 5 with moderate playing. Weirdly Master league has been easier then Plat.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I got hit when a Ragnarok M 2.0 ad and I'm actually kind of intrigued even though I don't do much Android gaming these days. Anyone play regularly?

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs
I spent 6 bucks getting Caroline to 5 and starting with that extra skill point is huge. Return, -1 and Swap seems the best to me right now, for quick leveling and being able able stay opposite of your opponent. She's super fun. I'll Swap even if it gives them a level advantage just to send another few cannonballs up their butt.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Applied to DiceDice Baby as MadMadiSA!

Baron von der Loon posted:

Score! Match has been one of my main games to play in-between stuff. The gameplay mechanics work really well on a mobile, and I especially like that a game is over after about two minutes or when someone has scored two goals. If you're one goal behind, there is still a chance to get back, but at 2-0, there's likely not enough time to get back into the game and it avoids getting steamrolled.

Thanks for this! I'll give it a look!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

the way dicast does guild quests is really stupid, does it seriously only give rewards to the 2 people who participate in them? i hope they change that fast

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Wayfaring Stranger posted:

What server are you on?

Taal.

explosivo posted:

That's strange, I'm on a OnePlus 8 and I can run it at 60fps max settings. :shrug: I feel like your phone should run it way better than mine I thought the notes were super powerful

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Does the Warhammer game get any kind of depth or gameplay eventually? So far it's just running to a marker and holding attack, with a skill tree consisting of 3 skills. Are there dungeons, specs, etc?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Does the Warhammer game get any kind of depth or gameplay eventually? So far it's just running to a marker and holding attack, with a skill tree consisting of 3 skills. Are there dungeons, specs, etc?

No clue, I barely made it past the tutorial before giving up on it. Seems polished but turns out I have no desire to play a mobile MMO right now I guess.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've never felt like mobile mmos were good. Feels to much like they're trying to ape a genre that just doesn't work well on mobile and then they slap an auto battle on it or w/e

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Arzaac posted:

I've never felt like mobile mmos were good. Feels to much like they're trying to ape a genre that just doesn't work well on mobile and then they slap an auto battle on it or w/e

There's no auto battle in this one which is apparently a selling point?

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

someone awful. posted:

the way dicast does guild quests is really stupid, does it seriously only give rewards to the 2 people who participate in them? i hope they change that fast

I just found the option to upgrade missions in the guild shop so now we can do tier 2 missions. There's a current tier 1 one running so I'm not 100% sure but I'm guessing that will allow more people to take part.

Also finding it pretty frustrating that I can't delegate mission refreshing or member admin to anyone, it only lets a single guild master do all that stuff, so sorry if the missions sit waiting refresh longer than you'd like sometimes, hopefully they'll add sub guild masters or something at some point.

Everyone in the thread requesting to join so far has been added now as far as I can tell but if I missed you just shout.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
There is so much dumb poo poo to manage in lineage and its clones that if you're not auto battling, you're basically progressing at half speed. They're closer to eve than wow

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I haven't gotten sucked into a Kairosoft game in forever but picked up Boxing Gym Story and have been enjoying it a lot. There's a lot of downtime between matches which isn't particularly unusual in one of these games but man, it's fun watching my guys fight their matches. My first guy has been my money maker and he's about to retire :ohdear:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Arms_Akimbo posted:

There is so much dumb poo poo to manage in lineage and its clones that if you're not auto battling, you're basically progressing at half speed. They're closer to eve than wow

i installed lineage and started a character who was immediately boosted to like level 300 and my screen exploded into poo poo i didn't understand

i haven't touched the game since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Still fiddling around with Rogue Adventure. The varying difficulty levels and modes give it some shelf life. Grinding up to level 30 to unlock Barbarian is taking some time, but some of the later classes (Engineer, Druid, Shaman) are pretty unique compared to how the starter classes played out. Druid in particular is my jam.