Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Omobono posted:

He's playing Spec Ops no Surge: the Line.
He's not getting the message.

How many souls have you absorbed into the Maternal Overseer today?

edit: hi new page, did you see a cool thing on the last page

Kadorhal fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Alright kids, with the Maternal Overseer dealt with the for moment it’s time to switch back to Delta and Cass, who are of course now carrying something they’re not even aware of.

What’s up? Did something happen?
I received a message from Sonwe’s Protector. Horus wishes to speak with you two.
Really!?
Maybe something happened. We should get to Syestine fast.
That would be best. I shall accompany you.

Horus, however, was.

Greetings. I have called you here because there is something I wish to discuss.
I sensed a mysterious power around you when we last met. The strength of these Waves is extremely strong…
The power of these thoughts is in near-perfect harmony with Our own. What happened to you?
…Huh? Nothing really…
I haven’t really done anything, either.
…The Waves emanating from you are the same as they were previously.
However, there is something nearby… Casty, it appears to be at your waist. There is a life similar to Us there.
What!? A life at my waist!? Maybe it’s inside my bag…?
Delta, there’s something weird in here.
Wh-What is that?!
…A Quaternary Conformation Core. It is also known as the Heart of a planet. Where did you obtain that?
I-I don’t know, it was just sitting in my bag when I opened it up…
I see…
In order to grow the Heart of a planet, power on the level of the Will of a planet is necessary.
This still appears incomplete… However, if you possess the level of thought necessary to complete it…
You would be able to create a new home, with your own hands.
Wait…you’re saying we could create a PLANET?!
A planet is a lifeform. The planet Ra Ciela was once alive, as well.
It simply takes a different form than you do.

It’s hard to imagine now to look at it, but not too long before you all were born the planet wasn’t able to support life.

Long ago, visitors came to this planet with Genom of superior souls, capable of becoming the Will of a planet.
Is there one such as them on your world now?
A Genom with a superior soul?
…Could that be Cosal?
I don’t know… But he is the Lord of the Genom.
Do you have an idea?
We can’t be sure, but…perhaps the Lord of the Genom…
If you bring him here, I can speak with him.
Got it! We’ll bring him!
W-Wait a minute. Is there even a way for us to get back to our world?
Oh… Man, I totally forgot. We need to find a way back first.
I do not believe that I can assist you in traveling between worlds.
That’s okay. This is a problem for us to solve. Thank you for teaching us so much!
If you do manage to bring this Cosal here, feel free to return.
We will. Anyway, we’ll be going now.
One more thing.
…?
…Delta.
M-Me…?

Horus also had some concerns for something else they’d noticed.

I have never seen a form such as this until now.
I do not believe a normal human can endure multiple Waves in a single body for long.

I do not know your circumstances, but I ask that you be careful.

…it’s okay, Delta. It’s just a little longer.
We’ll find a way to save our world soon, as long as we keep looking. I’ll be with you.
Yeah, I know. Sorry for making you worry.
It seems we have finally found the light of hope. All that’s left is a way for you to return…
Yeah, that’s right.
We have never traveled to other worlds, but the scientists in the Tower may know something. I shall ask.
Thank you very much!
Regardless, it seems clear now that our ancestors were indeed from the same world.
This is a historic discovery. I wish to tell my brethren of this, as well. Is that alright?
Of course. Thank you for everything.
Thank you too, Sonwe.
It was my pleasure. Return at any time.

They’d probably have just been stuck here, if not for the intervention of a clever and attractive young lady.

Video- “Shurelia’s Plan”

Watch

Aaaah! Delta!
…Why are you panicking?
I-I’m not panicking.
I you say so… So why ARE you here?
Oh, um, no reason…
Is it okay for you to leave the Amplification Tower?
I didn’t tell Father before I left, so I’ll be fine! Not sure how I ended up here, though…
Oh, so you’re lost.
No, I’m not. I don’t get lost, okay?
But you look confused.
I-I’m not confused. I’m just looking for a way back.
I’d call that lost.
I said I’m not lost!
If everyone looking for a way back is lost, then everybody in the world is lost.
Not sure I buy that logic.

I understand your mother’s accounts scandalously suggest I have a tendency to get lost but that’s obviously ridiculous. I mean this tower is basically an extension of my body, I couldn’t possibly get lost here. A-And even if I did, what would be so wrong about it?

The important thing is that I might have found a way to get you home, so I went to find you.
Wait, really?! Why didn’t you say that to begin with?
B-Because you started talking about other stuff!
All right, calm down you two. Just ignore Delta, I always do. What can you tell us?
Oh, right. Sorry…
Um, you can use an ultra-high purity Grathnode Crystal and a Parameno Crystal to open a hole in space-time.
That doesn’t sound too hard!
Well…you have to place the Grathnode Crystal in this world, and the Parameno Crystal at your destination.
So that means we’d have to find a way to send a Parameno Crystal back to your world…
Sounding a lot harder now…
I’m sorry.
Oh, its not your fault, Shurelia. Thanks for looking into it, at least.
…Hey, I just had a good idea.
Did you now?
Remember that bag of yours?
…Oh!
It worked before, and then there was the time with your pant—
HAYAH!
Delta!?

A-Anyway, Cass kinda knocked Delta out. Scary lady, that one.

Could you tell us where we can find the crystals we need?
Solius of the Storm who lives at the Silvaplate can make the Grathnode Crystal for you.
As for the Parameno Crystal, I’ll give you the one I’m carrying with me.
System Message: Obtained 1 [Parameno Crystal]!
Wait, really? Are you sure?
I don’t really need it for anything.
Thank you, Shurelia.
Now, let’s go to the Silvaplate to get that Grathnode Crystal.
Um, what about Delta…?
He’ll wake up eventually.
Okay…
The Silvaplate is on the way back, so I’ll go with you.
Sounds good. Let’s go visit Solius of the Storm!
Y-Yeah!

I definitely didn’t get lost on the way to Solius.

Huh? We were talking just a minute ago…
…She’s not here.
No way… Did she get separated?
Sheesh… I guess we have to look for her.

Oh, and this reminds me. You all would know, what’s the terrible problem with these slippers your mother gave me?

No, YOU need to be more careful about getting separated from US!
What are you talking about? You do realize I’M the one who knows where Solius lives, right?
That means you’ve gotta follow me!
No, this is definitely a dead end!
I came here to see some bunnies. You know what bunnies are, right?
No, what are they?
They’re really cute, they make a sound like “squeak squeak.” Isn’t that adorable?
I don’t care. We need to get going, we don’t have time to play around.
Hey! Wait! Squeak squeak!

Feinne’s Notes:
I honestly have no idea if this is supposed to be the same Solius of the Storm we run into while scaling Ar Tonelico in the original game. It’s certainly possible she’s something that could still be alive all those years later, given the setting.

I mean they’re adorable but everything she gives me has some catch like that alarm clock that told me I was old whenever it went off and it’s eating at me that I haven’t seen it yet.

Let’s try talking to her.
Hello. You’re Solius of the Storm, right?
Solius: …What do you want?
U-Um, we want to make a high-purity Grathnode Crystal. Can you do that?
Solius:
We really need it. It’s to travel through space-time!
Solius:
Is that a no? We’re willing to pay, or do whatever else you want. How’s that sound?
Solius:
Please!
Solius:
…No good, I guess. drat, what are we going to do now?
There’s no other way to get a crystal! Delta, you might need to dance naked and beg…
What?!
You’re our only hope now, Delta.
A-Are you kidding me…?
Solius:
Will you make it if I dance for you?
Solius: Maybe.
R-Really? All right then, if that’s what it takes…!
Solius: You don’t need to dance. Just go gather some Song Stones from around here. Five should be enough.
Oh… Okay! No problem!

Feinne’s Notes:
The Song Stones are on the ground around Silvaplate after you talk to Solius, it’s easy.

Wait, what? They’re just slippers? Are you sure? I don’t know, I think I’ll still be careful.

Solius: …I see.
It’ll take a little while. Just wait around here somewhere.

I’m trying not to talk about Grathnode crystals because it is a rather painful and awkward subject for me. Suffice it to say they make up a pretty significant part of my body.

I’m using a number of them in my body.
Using them?
I’m an artificial lifeform called a Reyvateil, created to administer the Amplification Tower.
An artificial lifeform!?
Yes. It takes a lot of Grathnodes and Paramenos to send and receive data between the Tower.
So a number of high-purity crystals were embedded in my body.
Communication equipment inside your body… That’s actually pretty cool.
Being able to communicate without a terminal or anything sounds really convenient.
It is, but…it really hurts to put the crystals in.
I still only have about 20% of the required number… I have a lot of pain to look forward to.
Thinking about it makes me really sad.
Oh, so that’s what you meant when you said the security control program hadn’t been installed yet…
Yes. I’m sorry about that…
No, no, I should be apologizing to you. I didn’t know.
Thank you, Delta.

Anyway, Solius finished up the crystal for them and we were ready to go.

Oh, thanks!
Um, do you need money?
Solius: I’ll bill you later.
Okay. Thank you, Solius.
Is this okay? I mean…we don’t have any money here…
Don’t worry. I can cover this one.
Like I said, there’s already a bunch embedded in my body.
I’m sure Father won’t notice!
…Is that the issue here?
Don’t worry about the details. Come on, let’s go to the Orgel of Origins!

I’ll tell you what happened there a bit later, I think it’s time we resolved that little cliffhanger in Cass’s Dives next.

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: Resolution

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I don't know if I like that the bags being wormholes somehow became an actual plot point instead of a dumb joke about the shared inventory.

Did Solius in AT1 get involved in some sidequests involving grathmelding or is she just there? The name may be a title for a family of crafters.

Oh, right, the translator dropped the ball pretty badly here, at least in the Vita version Shurelia calls herself a Revatail or something equally stupid.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Better for it to be mentioned as a joke and then used as an actual plot point rather than being forgotten. It shows internal consistency!

Because it would be rather frustrating to go do a complicated series of fetch quests/events when you have a shared inventory and the item's right there.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I find the shared inventory thing more amusing than anything. If you're going to try and integrate your entire game into this fictional universe you might as well go as far as your technically capable of, even if they never do give an adequate explanation for this in particular.

Omobono posted:

Oh, right, the translator dropped the ball pretty badly here, at least in the Vita version Shurelia calls herself a Revatail or something equally stupid.

Yeah it's like that in the original so this is clearly a correction Feinne made.

I'm almost afraid to ask how many stealth corrections have been made up to this point because the answer may just end up being depressing.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

EponymousMrYar posted:

Better for it to be mentioned as a joke and then used as an actual plot point rather than being forgotten. It shows internal consistency!

Because it would be rather frustrating to go do a complicated series of fetch quests/events when you have a shared inventory and the item's right there.

I'm not complaining about the lack of the fetch quest, it's just that I'd liked a better explanation for the bags that "they're messy". It's a small thing, though, I was being :goonsay: / :fishmech: there.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

I find the shared inventory thing more amusing than anything. If you're going to try and integrate your entire game into this fictional universe you might as well go as far as your technically capable of, even if they never do give an adequate explanation for this in particular.

Yeah it's like that in the original so this is clearly a correction Feinne made.

I'm almost afraid to ask how many stealth corrections have been made up to this point because the answer may just end up being depressing.

It's a loving lot, I've also been trying to keep their mentions of the ship's name even remotely consistent.

So there are some fans of this series who are really serious about things being precisely correct and get really huffy about poo poo not being localized right, and even they seem totally fine with spelling Reyvateil with a 'y' because that's definitely how it's pronounced in English.

I know why they did it because I think that's a direct literal transliteration of the word but unlike NISA they don't seem to always get the actual intent of this poo poo. Like the ship is DEFINITELY the Soleil and not the "Soreil", because one of those is an actual word that means and implies things and is of a language they've stolen from before.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Aug 28, 2015

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Feinne posted:

It's a loving lot, I've also been trying to keep their mentions of the ship's name even remotely consistent.

So there are some fans of this series who are really serious about things being precisely correct and get really huffy about poo poo not being localized right, and even they seem totally fine with spelling Reyvateil with a 'y' because that's definitely how it's pronounced in English.

I know why they did it because I think that's a direct literal transliteration of the word but unlike NISA they don't seem to always get the actual intent of this poo poo. Like the ship is DEFINITELY the Soleil and not the "Soreil", because one of those is an actual word that means and implies things and is of a language they've stolen from before.

It's kind of funny that you bring up the Soreil/Soleil and fans getting huffy about proper wording together in the same post. After all, this is the series where people freaked out about Cloche's name, and insist on calling her Croche. Because again, one of these is an actual word and stuff.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I think that given how things are with Delta, they could have bullshit something a little better with the shared inventory. Like, it has to be something Delta puts in or whatever.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's kind of funny that you bring up the Soreil/Soleil and fans getting huffy about proper wording together in the same post. After all, this is the series where people freaked out about Cloche's name, and insist on calling her Croche. Because again, one of these is an actual word and stuff.

Not only that but Cloche even means something relevant. It's Arucard syndrome all over again.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Glazius posted:

I think that given how things are with Delta, they could have bullshit something a little better with the shared inventory. Like, it has to be something Delta puts in or whatever.

I'm pretty sure the right answer is "Sarly did it." That seems like something she'd randomly BS out of nowhere given how all of her item synthesis conversations go.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

I'm pretty sure the right answer is "Sarly did it." That seems like something she'd randomly BS out of nowhere given how all of her item synthesis conversations go.

Mumbling the word 'quantum' and suggesting you wouldn't get it even if she explained.

I got Delta/Cass 2 recorded, probably Sunday. Last week's 'got totally wrecked on sake' got rescheduled to tomorrow, so yeah not then.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Super Jay Mann posted:

I have no idea if this is true, but it seems like this is the sort of thing that could be explained in Ciel. Maybe Ion gave Cass one of the bags without realising just how important it was? But then again it probably is just "Interdimend lol".

Also I honestly don't remember Solius in AT1 at all. It's been too long since I've played that game.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Feinne posted:

I wish I could say I was surprised, but the Ar Series are kind of niche titles in the Americas. They were probably translated/produced over here on a shoestring budget.

Glazius posted:

It's not Delta's inventory (I don't see any pockets on his outfit, and there's no way Cass is carrying anything big in that zip-up she wears), it's the player's.

On the subject of Delta's outfit, are his sleeve garters metal bands? How does he put on his frayed denim athletic shirt?

I'm not even sure those are sleeve garters, I think he's wearing three shirts.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 29, 2015

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Hope to have an update later, not sure if I can get all of Delta/Cass 2 done in one update, I'll see how things look when I've got the screens taken.

EDIT: Yeah I'm going to split this, it'd be a bit long as one whole update.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 30, 2015

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

We left Cass in pretty bad shape at the end of that last Dive, didn’t we? Well, now we’re going to see how bad things really were.

Delta had been revived by Prime’s sacrifice, but the world was still in ruins.

…!
Where is this…?
What happened to me? Don’t tell me that Cass…!?
I don’t ever want to feel like that again…
That’s why, I want you to be a part of me, so I always know where you are… What you’re thinking…
…!? Cass? Where are you, Cass…
…There!
Cass!!
Cass, are you alright!? Get a hold of yourself!

Hey, Cass… Cass!

Cass, what’s the matter? Answer me!
Cass!!

…Cass. I couldn’t protect you… Again?
…No, we don’t know that yet. There might still be some clues somewhere around here.
…Cass, hang tight, alright? I’m going to make you normal again…!

And with the world empty, so was Cass.

What happened to Zill…?

…!?
I… I feel like I’m forgetting something very important…
What is it…? Something really deep down, inside my heart…

Though, perhaps there was something there still. Or at least, someone.

There has to be something… Something to heal Cass…!
???: Delta.
…!? Who’s there!?
Hello, Delta.
Nelo… What are you doing here?
I was worried about Cass, so I came to check up on her.
You knew what happened to Cass…?
Our minds are connected, so of course I do. Right now, she’s just… Empty.
There are so many things eating away at her heart that she’s become an empty shell.
How can we fix it!? Nelo, if you know, then please, tell me!
Of course, I can tell you… That’s why I came here in the first place.
Cass’s heart has been damaged. Needless to say, Zill’s influence was large, but… She was always fragile.
Her heart is fragile due to her lack of confidence. She truly believes she has absolutely nothing inside…
The deeper that feeling goes into her subconscious, the stronger it becomes. So deep down, she’s empty.
Her higher level of consciousness may not realize it yet, but… It will soon show as a loss of self-confidence.
I want to save her before that happens. Zill’s attack had a strong effect on me, too…
So, what should I do, then?

Nelo, for all her faults, had come to the rescue.

System Message: Obtained the [Seed of Purity]!
This is…! A seed?
You need to plant that inside of Cass’s treasure chest.
A seed of… Purity?
The reason her chest is empty is because… She herself is not yet aware of the qualities she possesses.
So, you need to help her grow various trees that will make her aware of this fact.
“Purity” is something I can say she has with confidence. So, I have no doubt it will grow.
How can you be so sure…?
Because I was saved by that feeling of hers.
…Oh, right. You said something about that in your world, huh?
Yes. Like I’ve mentioned before, Cass considers me a friend.
Even when everyone in the entire world called me an enemy… Cass called me her friend.
No matter what anyone around her says, she will never give up her own opinion… That is her purity.
And thanks to that, I was able to see a single ray of light inside this world.
It gave me reason to believe I cannot let this world wither.
The reason I’m able to maintain the peace is all because of Cass.
That’s right… I guess Cass did save you.

Though her help alone wouldn’t be enough.

No matter what other say, Cass’s purity cannot be denied. I’m sure it will grow.
Thanks. I’ll do my best.
Please do.
I suggest you collect the rest of the seeds from her other friends. Cass has much more than just her purity.
Yeah, of course… I’ll ask everyone else.
Nelo, thank you. When Cass is feeling better, could you come visit her?
Certainly. I look forward to it.

Delta rushed back to plant these first seeds.

Whew… That should be it…

Cass…
Cass, can you tell it’s me?

…You might not understand me, or even hear me, for that matter.
But, I just ran into Nelo. She was worried about you.
And you know, she said she was saved by your purity.
You remember how you wouldn’t let anyone convince you otherwise? I guess that really helped her…

Honestly, you really are amazing. Even me, in the beginning… I wasn’t sure about her.
But, you were right, Cass… Nelo really is a good person. From the bottom of her heart.

I plan on growing a lot of trees in your treasure chest. And maybe then, you’ll see what’s around you.
So, watch closely as you’re filled with hope.

I’ll be back.
…Alright! Time to go get some seeds…!

Luckily, more of her friends were around than Nelo.

Sarly! Are you okay!? I thought you died inside of Zill’s world…
I was able to come back after that, for some reason…
Of course, I have no idea who revived me, or how…
…I see.
…!?
…Delta? What’s the matter?
Oh, no, it’s nothing… Anyway, I’m glad you’re okay.
That doesn’t matter now. Where’s Cass? Is she okay? I regret a lot of the things I did inside of Zill’s world.
Well, the thing is…
…I see. So that’s what happened to her…
So, I’m trying to grow a forest inside. I need your help, Sarly!
Yeah, I’d be happy to. What do you need me to do?
I need seeds. Seeds that will grow inside her heart.
Sure, that’s nothing, really… Take this one.
System Message: Obtained the “Seed of Consideration”!
This is…
The seed of “Consideration”.

Sarly had a bit of a story that went back to Ra Ciela.

When I was much younger, I was ill. The doctors said I wouldn’t make it. I was 10 years old.
I couldn’t leave my house or go to school that much, either. Cass was the only one who came to visit often.
While it might still be true… Back then I wasn’t great around people. They’d get tired and leave…
But Cass was different. For some reason, she would never leave my side.
And that didn’t change during the migration, either… Cass always put my happiness above her own.
Sure, sometimes she might’ve gone too far, like with Shirotaka… But maybe she knew me better than I knew myself.
That’s one of the best things about her.
Without Cass, I probably would have disappeared from this world… Quicker than Ra Ciela.
So, I want to give you this seed, with gratitude. The Seed of Consideration.
…Thanks. I’ll let Cass know your story when she wakes up. I’m sure it’ll make her happy.
Yeah, thanks.

He returned again with the seed of consideration.

Whew… That should do it…
…Cass, I just went and saw Sarly.
She said you meddled too much sometimes… Haha, I can actually see where she’s coming from.
But, that said, I was actually a little jealous of you two. Always having so much fun.
You talk to each other so honestly, about all your worries… But in the end, you mean the most to each other.
I never had any guy friends like that, so I always looked up to you two.

Cass. Hang in there, or Sarly’s gonna be sad, alright?
I think you’re her only real friend, too, you know…

…We’ll come back. I’m gonna fill this place with green, okay?

Next he ran into Nay.

Nay! Thank goodness… You’re alive, Nay?
Um, yeah? Who the heck do you think I am?
…Is what I’d like to say, but I think you actually saved me. You stopped Zill’s expansion, right?
…!?
…? What’s the matter?
No, it’s nothing… But thank goodness nothing bad happened to you.
And, to you… So, where’s Cass?
The thing is…
…I see.
Don’t worry! That girl’s a lot stronger than she looks.
Really? If you ask me, you’re the tougher one of you two.
I just pretend to be strong… But Cass has some real guts.
Do you remember when Cass learned about Interdimend?
Yeah, how could I forget?
Cass was ready to fight the world, if it was for you.
When you became a PLASMA soldier, she stubbornly said she was going to take care of you on her own.

Nay had a very different view of Cass than Delta expected.

Yeah, in your loan-shark hell… Though, that did seem like it would be your world.
You were buried in debt, so you might not have realized, but… Cass saved me back there, too.
The only reason I was able to escape that downward spiral in my own Soulscape was because of her strength.
I see…
Do you have any idea how lucky you are? You’re never going to find a girl as cute and as pure as her. Ever!
Take good care of her, okay?
…Yeah, of course. So… There’s something I want to ask you.
What is it? Go ahead and ask me anything.
I need seeds. I’ve decided to plan her world full of lush green trees.
Oh, that’s it? Easy… Take as many as you want.
System Message: Obtained the “Seed of Strength”!
This is…?
The seed of “Strength”. I don’t think I need to explain that one, yes?
Yeah, I’ll be fine. Thanks, Nay…
Delta… Please, make Cass happy.

Delta brought these seeds as well.

Whew… Grow up soon, alright?
…Cass. You know, Nay spoke really highly of you.
She said so, I heard it… “Cass is stronger than me.”
How strong ARE you…!?

Say, Cass… When you learned about the Interdimend, you protected me. Thanks.
It’s easy to say “for the greater good” or “to save the world”… And I had to be sacrificed…
And, it’s true, too. If I Interdimend, we might’ve been able to save the world and the people on it…
But, I guess feelings aren’t that simple. You got more angry about it than I did… And you saved me.
…Even if it meant turning your back on the entire world, you wanted to be by my side… I felt so special.

So, I want to be by your side, too. No matter what… I swear.
Cass, I’m gonna go and come back again…
To make this world lush with green…

There was just one more person to meet.

Delta… It seems you’ve been saved, too… Has Zill’s curse worn off?
…!?
What’s the matter?
…No, it’s nothing…
Actually, I hate to ask you this, but I need a favor from you.
What might that be?
…I see, Casty is…
Which is why I’m trying to fill this deserted wasteland with greenery again.
Of course, I have a seed perfect for that task…
Here.
System Message: Obtained the “Seed of Kindness”!
…This…?
This is the seed of “Kindness”.
Before, after I sang the yal fii-ne noh-iar;, I couldn’t find a reason to continue living…
Oh yeah, I remember. That caused us a lot of trouble…
And, I thank you, too, Delta. For what you’ve done. Of course, Casty, as well…

Yet another friend Cass had helped more than she even knew.

Thanks to her, I was able to start my shop in Tenryosara, and give back to this world in ways I couldn’t…
Casty and I were enemies then, but she found it inside herself to show me kindness… And gave me hope.
The reason I exist right now is all because of her.
I see. If Cass heard that, I’m sure she would be really happy.
And, I would love to thank her in person, if I can… Please, do save this poor child.
While, I don’t know how useful this seed may be… I cannot deny it is what saved me.
I have no doubt it will grow up into a fine tree.
…Thanks, Kanon.

Delta returned with the final seed.

Whew… Can’t wait for it to sprout.
Cass… You know, Kanon was thanking you a little earlier.
You really are amazing, aren’t you? Because she used to be the leader of the people you were fighting.
You know how to show kindness, even when the situation is grave…

I wish I had even a fraction of that kindness that you do, heh.
Cass… Even with a small fraction, do you think it’ll be enough to make you happy?
…No, sorry. I guess that’s up to me. What the hell am I thinking, asking you?
…I promise I’ll make you better…
Promise…

Hmm? What happened next? Well, we’ll see next time. For now, how about we get a snack?

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: Hope, Part Two

Feinne fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 31, 2015

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
I can't help but notice that Delta hasn't been put in an awkward and/or dangerous situation yet this dive, and I'm guessing things aren't going to stay that easy for him. I wonder what the inevitable complication between planting the seeds and successfully rebuilding Casty's sense of self-worth is going to be. Or maybe I'm completely off base and we're already at the traditional end-of-cosmospheregenometrics victory lap, who knows.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Little tag error at the very bottom of the post.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Thuryl posted:

I can't help but notice that Delta hasn't been put in an awkward and/or dangerous situation yet this dive, and I'm guessing things aren't going to stay that easy for him. I wonder what the inevitable complication between planting the seeds and successfully rebuilding Casty's sense of self-worth is going to be. Or maybe I'm completely off base and we're already at the traditional end-of-cosmospheregenometrics victory lap, who knows.

There's an interesting pit stop during the victory lap where we'll maybe also discover where the hell Prim/Prime came from and exactly why we'd be sons of bitches not to try and save her.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Update tomorrow with the last normal Dive for Delta and Cass, after which I might actually slip about five minutes ahead in the plot to get into Ion/Nay 2 because whoo boy that's a can of fuckin' worms.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Feinne posted:

get into Ion/Nay 2 because whoo boy that's a can of fuckin' worms.

:japan: :salute: (is there a salute smilie? I recall one, but I can't find it)

Cass has been quite tame on the horribly uncomfortable bullshit (e.g. Aurica's Lilim costume), so I guess they had Ion overcompensate.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do think one of the things they lose with this system is that sense of personal progression you got from following one Cosmosphere for as many entries as it had. This feels like it's a grand finale for Cass, but at the same time it doesn't seem like a lot happened.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Omobono posted:

:japan: :salute: (is there a salute smilie? I recall one, but I can't find it)

You're probably looking for :patriot:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Those are just delicious, aren’t they? Now, let’s get back to the Dive from before. Delta had just gone and planted the last of the seeds Cass’s friends had provided.

Alright. I think that covers the whole treasure chest.

I wonder if these are gonna grow…
No, what am talking about! Of course they are. Alright… Time to give them some water!
…Whew, that should do it!
You’re working hard, aren’t you?
Oh, Nelo.
Is there anything I can do to help?
No, I’m fine. More importantly…
Do you think this is going to be enough? Will I be able to fill Cass’s heart in lush green?
Delta, don’t worry. Believe in Cass…
Delta, do you know why Zill was so fixated on Cass?
Huh…? I guess I never really thought about it.
It wasn’t always that way. It was only after they were Chained to each other, forcibly…
Cass’s mind and heart were shining. Zill only realized that when they Chained together…

Nelo had some insight into what had drawn Zill to Cass, and how important saving her turned out to have been.

That’s why she always puts reason first, and feelings second…
But Cass was the opposite. Her mind was shining with purity, attracting people without a problem.
That strength is the source of Cass’s power. And it is also what makes this world so valuable.
Everything that Zill wanted was inside of this treasure chest. The very soil that you so diligently plowed.
She wants dirt!?
I mean that metaphorically. We’re inside Cass’s mind, so… The dirt would be, say, her charisma.
Zill wanted that pure charisma that she lacked. To make herself grow as the Maternal Overseer…
So that’s what was going on… I didn’t know this dirt was so valuable.
It is. So, this area is going to be full with green. That is, depending on how hard you try, of course.

Now, look… You can see it beginning to sprout.
Really!?

Their work was already bearing fruit.

Congratulations, Delta. But the true challenges still lie ahead of you.
In order to turn this little sprout into a proper tree, it will take a lot of effort.
I know… I’m prepared for that.
I see… Well, in that case, good luck. I will be wishing you the best.

And after quite a bit more, he got some additional visitors.

Well, look who’s such a hard worker.
Nay… Don’t you know any Song Magic that could help me with this?
What? You’re complaining about a few weeds?
No, you wouldn’t believe how tough these things are.
These weeds are ruthless… By the time you finish, the ones you pulled in the beginning are back again.
Hahaha. Now, that’s some healthy dirt. That just shows how much potential it has.
I have to commend you, for filling this place with this much green. All from one single seed…
Yes. I cannot believe how well they’re growing. I’m impressed.
Kanon…
Allow us to help you pull these weeds.
Yeah, I’m gonna help, too! Alright… How about you start on that end, I’ll start over here?
Yes, of course. I might not seem like it, but I can pull weeds pretty fast, you know?
I won’t lose to you, either… Are you ready…? Set…?
Nay… Kanon...
Cass, what do you think? They grew pretty nicely, didn’t they?

I’m not giving up on you, alright? Just how you never gave up on me when I was under Interdimend…
I believe that you’ll get better… I really do.

… Cass…
…I’m gonna keep trying, okay!? I’m gonna make you better, I swear!

Weeds were not the only problem that came up, either.

* Pant pant * Dammit… How the hell am I supposed to keep this many bugs away?
You seem to be having a rough time.
Oh, Sarly… Isn’t there anything you can do about these bugs? Do you have some sort of spray or something?
I wouldn’t suggest any sort of pesticide… It wouldn’t be good for Cass’s heart.
…Yeah, I suppose so. Well, then I suppose we’ll just have to bite the bullet and get rid of them.
A great idea. And I shall help you.
Sarly, weren’t you… Really bad with bugs?
Me? Nonsense, I used to go catch bugs with Cass together…
Okay, well then… I suppose we have nothing to worry about!
Hehe, don’t be surprised by my ability to catch these suckers…
Is that like a declaration of war or something? Are you challenging me?

Still, in spite of everything Delta managed to grow the forest.

Cass, look, it’s a forest… Your heart isn’t empty!
Cass!!
See, Cass? Isn’t it beautiful!? Your treasure chest is full of trees!
This is your true strength… You really are amazing, you just don’t realize it.

…Haha, Cass… C’mon, now. You’re just trying to surprise us or something, right?
I know you can be shy sometimes, but… If you’re joking, this has gone long enough…

Can’t you, you know… Cut it with the act? Please, say something. Or even move your finger. Anything…

Cass! This isn’t like you at all! Everyone worked so hard for you. You know that, right!?
Everyone believes in your strength! And they’re waiting for you to get better!
So why… Why won’t you say anything?!

Cut the crap! Do you mean to tell me this was the extent of your strength…?
And I guess… This was the extent of mine, too…

Delta was almost at the point of breaking himself.

Dammit… Dammit!!

I care for you so much…
I love you this much…
…!
WHY!?

C-Cass!? What are you doing here…?
I have the day off today, so I came to help you, obviously.

Wh-What’s gotten into you all of a sudden!? That’s your job, of course you’re going to do it!

…The whole time.
You’re really amazing.
How long do you think we’ve spent together?

But, right now, you’re in front of me. You’re the real Delta…
It’s the only reason why I can live life to the fullest. Every moment.
Delta, I love you… From the bottom of my heart, I do…
Delta…
…Thank you, Delta…
…!?

But in the end, things worked out.

…!? Cass? Where are you…?
Cass!!
…Delta.
…Cass…
Delta, thank you so much… You did all this for me…?
Cass…!? Oh, Cass… Thank you so much… I’m so glad…!
Delta, I saw you. The whole time… Watching you plow the field, and plant those trees…
It made me so happy. I couldn’t move yet, but… But I wanted to…
…Thank you.
Cass, I think I love you more than anything in this whole world.
I’m not gonna lose to anyone else! I love you more than anyone!!
…Yeah, I know.
We’re connected on such a deep level… Of course I would know. Even if you don’t speak your thoughts…
…Th-That’s good.
…But, it does make me feel much better when you put it into words.
Delta… You know I…
…I love you more than anything in the world.
The fact that I was able to meet you… Means the world to me.

I’ve often wondered what it feels like, to truly connect on this level with someone else. I mean, I don’t really work like that. I can fake it, but it’s not really the same as the genuine article. Oh, and something they’d been forgetting finally came up.

Yes, well… Everything we see, you did for me, Delta.
No, I couldn’t have possibly done all this on my own. You had so many friends who cherish you, Cass…
And, without your own inner strength, none of this would be possible, you know?
Hehe, I suppose so… This world is the result of myself, Delta, and… Everyone.
…Yeah, that’s right.
But, I wonder why… Why am I crying…?
…!?
This should be a really happy moment, but… For some reason I feel a huge hole in my heart…
Like I’m forgetting something very important…
Cass, you too!? I’ve actually had that same feeling. I’m forgetting something really important…
…!?
Delta!? What’s the matter? Are you okay?
…Yeah, I’m fine…
Cass… I get it. I know why there was such a hole in our hearts…
…Huh?

Because Delta finally remembered what happened to Prime.

She protected us… Me, you, Nay, Kanon… And Sarly. From when Zill was becoming the Maternal Overseer.
…No way…
She gave some of her own thoughts to us… Which is why we’re even alive right now.
Then, Prime took the fall for us…? Does that mean she’s dead!?
I don’t think so. She might not be in our Soulscape anymore, but… I don’t think she’s dead.
She just returned to inside our hearts… Where she was born. Between you and me…
…No, that’s not good! Because… I can feel Prime disappearing from my memories right now…!
Huh?
I realized… Why Prime… And why Prim was born from us…
And right now, I… I’m about to forget that reason. That’s probably because she’s dying…
H-Hey, Cass! Prime and… Prim… What exactly are they to us!?
They’re an important fragment inside of our hearts… Something we’re not supposed to forget.
Cass!!

And that led to Cass realizing the true sorrow of their present predicament, both here and in the real world.

Cass…
I’m sorry I just ran out like that. But I didn’t know what else to do…
Delta, please. I want you to hear this before my memories of Prime disappear completely.
This is a memory you should have… But right now, you’ve lost…
That’s why now, I… I need to tell you what little remains of it.
O-Okay.

Because it turned out there was more than met the eye to Prim and Prime.

The name Prime is her real name, but we gave her the nickname “Pram”.
When we were young, we used to play together, the three of us. Gathering in our secret base… Talking…
But one day, Pram died…
A shield, designed to protect us from debris from outer space, fell on her house…
It all happened so suddenly, I had no idea what to do… So I cried and cried… For a while.
That’s how much she meant to me. She was such an important friend, Pram…
And since Prim was born from our emotions… I think she has a lot of Pram’s memories.

I really wanted to share these feelings with you.
Cass… I remember.
…Huh?
Or rather, I should say it just came back to me… After listening to what you said… Pram is coming back.
…Huh? Really? Did you get back all your memories, Delta!?
I don’t know. That may be so, or it may not… If it isn’t, maybe you and I are connected on a deeper level…
But I remember the three of us talking about our dreams, making different things…
That huge pot that was in your world… That’s something we made together, right?

There was another player in the story of Prime, though that’s a story for another day.

To think you couldn’t even remember any of that until now… You are a cruel man…
Yeah, I guess so… I am a cruel man.
Delta… Delta, please… Don’t go anywhere.
I’m so afraid that you’ll just disappear one day. Or die or… Something. I’m afraid!
When Pram died, I was very afraid… I thought the people close to me were going to start dying, too…
Like how when Pram suddenly died… What if you disappear one day? I can’t bear the thought…
Cass…
Don’t worry, Cass. I’m always going to be by your side. I won’t die, leaving you behind.
…You promise?
Of course I do. So, stop crying, alright…?
DELTA!
…Thanks, Cass… For telling me about Pram.
…Huh?
I think I was beginning to forget about Prime because Pram was gone… But…
But I’m so glad I was able to remember our last memory together with Pram.
…Me too, Delta.
Now, let’s get going.
Huh?
Everyone’s waiting for us. They want to see you up and well… They’re waiting.

For now let’s focus on what’s in front of us.

Yeah! We need to become even happier than before, now.
With everyone… Together, forever…
I think that’s the only way to repay our debt to Prime for saving us…
…I guess so. Let’s go to where everyone is…
Yeah.
Delta, thank you. I feel like I can always face forwards and live on because of your support…
Now, and forever…
You’re the best partner I’ve ever had…

You’ve heard your mother’s story so you already know where this is going just from looking at the locale.

Delta, Cass!
Sarly! Nay!
You all came…
But of course we would. We were waiting for you to get all better, you know?
Yeah. At any rate, we’re glad to see you’re doing well, Cass.
Thank you, guys… And I’m so sorry to make you worry.
Now, now, now, now…! Let’s get this party started, shall we?
Huh? Get what started?
It’s time to celebrate the two of you. Now, Casty, we need to get you ready. Please come this way…
H-Huh!? What’s going on?
Delta, you’re coming with me.
This all seems rather sudden…
We’re going to give the two of you our blessing, so you can live together, happily…
Yes, a ceremony of vows…
Vows…?
Yes, vows… We’re going to connect you and Cass together, on a very deep mental level.
By doing so, the two of you will be able to enjoy the strongest bond between anything on this world…
W-What the hell does that mean? I’m starting to get nervous…
Now, let’s not get so tense. I guarantee it’ll be a wonderful ceremony.
Alright! We’re all ready!
…Delta…
…!? Cass, you’re…!

Delta got a bit of a surprise.

…!

…Surprised? That I’d kiss you out of the blue?
Are you… Really Cass!?
What’s with that reaction…? Was that a bad move?
No, that’s not it. It’s just…
It was so, forward and extreme… And you’re so beautiful, I was surprised.

Hey, Delta… Do you remember the first time we kissed?
Yeah, during that tournament, right?
Yeah… Back then, I was so embarrassed, I could only kiss you for a split second… But I regret it…
…That’s why I’ve been meaning to make it up to you.
But, I’m sorry it all happened so suddenly. I thought you’d be calm, but… I couldn’t help it, seeing you.
…Couldn’t help it…? In front of all these people…?
Because… I wanted to show them how much we loved each other…
When DID you become so bold…?
Whose fault do you think that is?
Say, Delta… Can we do it again? It’s okay, right?
…U-Umm, sure. I guess I don’t have a reason to turn you down…
Hehehe, that makes me so happy.

Delta, not being an idiot, wasn’t going to turn down the girl he loved because it was a bit awkward in front of her friends.

System Message: The Ultimate Attack, “Bonds of Love” is now available!
Now, we can really be together forever…
Yeah, together forever.
Oh, look at those two just having a blast by themselves…
Nay, do you mean to tell me… You’re jealous?
Well, maybe a little… I don’t think that ever used to bother me, but… Things can change, can’t they?
I understand that feeling of yours… It wouldn’t be unnatural for people to strive for what you have.
I want the two of you to be happy…
Yeah… For as long as you’re alive.

Feinne’s Notes:
We just got an ultimate attack we can trigger in combat, we’ll talk about it when we get in a fight and get a tutorial for it. I think we could have actually done this a bit earlier but we couldn’t have finished, we’d have gotten stuck at this point.

The Embrace Role lit up, and they hurried to the Hymmnofort.

Delta! There’s something really strong overflowing from that door!
A door!?
Uwaah!
Eeeeeeeeeeek!

Because a very new friend wanted to give them some help as well.

My name is Horus.
Horus…? You mean the Will of the planet Ar Ciel?
Yes. It is my first time appearing like this…
Why is the will of a planet inside Cass’s mind?
On Ar Ciel, I am the goddess that governs love and prosperity. I exist as the will of the grand earth itself.
The growth of a soul. It is my job to witness that, and give my blessing to value the importance of love.
I have come to bless your thoughts.
Why… Uh…?
Your love… And your hearts that care for each other so dearly… Your thoughts shone brighter than any other.
I want the two of you to lead everyone else in this new world, with the power of your love.
Th-Thank you very much!

Horus had a pair of gifts for them.

System Message: Cass’s Song Magic, [Ar Ciel Sphere] has been woven!
And, this…
System Message: Obtained the “Seed of Love”!
This is… A seed?
Exactly. That is a seed that represents “love”. I think it represents the two of you quite nicely.
If you make a wish upon that seed, even miracles may happen.
Thank you very much! You’ve taken such good care of us…
Please, create a successful planet together. For those that matter most to you, too… I hope you use your love…
Horus!
Thank you, Horus… We’re going to do our best.
Me, too! If I’m with Delta, I think I can work hard, without giving up…
Delta, thank you so much… For supporting me for so long.
I can’t believe there was a time when I tried to push you out of this world… Ashamed of what you might find.
In the beginning, it was really tough, huh…? I didn’t understand you for what you were.
No, you would always try so hard for me, Delta…

After Horus left, they reminisced about the earlier Dives.

We traveled through so many people’s worlds, and… They helped us a lot, sure…
But, even through all of that conflict, you were always there, by my side…
Right now, I can say it without a doubt… I think we can continue to live together…
And create a happy household…
…Maybe we’ll even have kids one day!
If we’re talking about kids, I think it should definitely be a boy. A strong boy like me…
No! It has to be a girl, obviously. I’d be up to my eyeballs in stress if I had to take care of another “you”!
Ouch…
Hehe… I’m just joking. I just have one wish. I want the baby to be a healthy and happy one.
Yeah. So, I guess we gotta make this world a really great one, for the sake of that child, as well…
…Yeah.
To be honest, though, I wish Prime could’ve been here to see this, too.
…Yeah.
She’d always help me in Genometrics… She’s the only reason I made it this far.
I see… Well, maybe we should look up at the sky and shout our thanks.
???: There’s no one up there.
…Huh?
You’re kidding…?
If you want to say your thanks, you can say it right here.

Though the miracle of love, Prime was reborn.

You were… Alive? Oh, thank goodness…
It’s not like I’ve been living secretly… I think “resurrected” is a more appropriate term.
The power of those seeds that Cass is holding… That’s what brought me back.
And, the feelings of the both of you, of course.
The power of the seeds…! Of course! The seed that Horus gave us, “Love”. That’s what revived you!
Prime… I’m sorry… I’m so sorry, I… I made you disappear.
No, that’s not your fault, Cass. I did that on my own accord. In fact, I want to apologize to the two of you…
For causing you so much trouble… Making you worry…
Yeah, and we were worried sick! But, I’m glad you’re back with us…
Yes… I’m so happy to be able to witness the ending with you…
Me, too.
Now, why don’t we open that door together? All three of us?
Huh!? Door…? You mean, there’s still more?
I can’t say… In fact, I don’t even know.
But these doors… They’re more for “completing” an existing world, than for traveling to the next one.
Now, let’s go through that door, and complete each others’ love…
Yeah! Let’s go. Delta, Prime.
Yeah… I pray that our… And everyone’s futures are a happy one…

This wasn’t actually the last time they Dove, mind. There was still one more little thing, but that’s a story for another day. I think we’re kind of on a roll here, actually. Let’s switch gears to Ion and Earthes’ Dives next time, because they’ve got some business with Nay to sort out before they finish their own story.

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: Dependence

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I got really confused at the Pram reveal for a bit because I had no idea Pram was supposed to be a girl in the first place. Though that may be lack of reading comprehension on my part, I haven't checked for sure. Then again she was barely in Ciel Nosurge as is other than being a plot device. The accident referred to here is literally the first or second thing that happens in that game.

Since we're finally done with these I've gotta say I wasn't particularly fond of the Cass-focused dives, mostly because they were all either retreading ground that was already covered better in the main story or going into massive self-esteem issues that frankly aren't represented in any real way in her actual personality. I feel like the true denouement to Delta and Cass's story already happened when Cass came to terms with what had happened to Delta and reconnected the player. Except that there was still a whole third of a game left to go from there and the two need to remain relevant somehow. Thus this whole "Zill invades her mind! Also Prime is a genom created from the memories of their dead former best friend" business.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Imaginary Incarnate, created from the memories of their dead former childhood friend, brainwashed into working for the enemy with false orders...

LES GENOMES TERRIBLES

e: Also, as usual, love is the ultimate destructive weapon. And I could call Prime a child of Infel Phira now.

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Sep 3, 2015

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Lunar Suite posted:

e: Also, as usual, love is the ultimate destructive weapon. And I could call Prime a child of Infel Phira now.

Well, in this case the ultimate destructive weapon is a goddess giving them her phone number; though now that I think about it they're summoning her through love so it still counts.

Super Jay Mann posted:

I got really confused at the Pram reveal for a bit because I had no idea Pram was supposed to be a girl in the first place. Though that may be lack of reading comprehension on my part, I haven't checked for sure. Then again she was barely in Ciel Nosurge as is other than being a plot device. The accident referred to here is literally the first or second thing that happens in that game.

Pram gender is mistranslated, either here or in Shirotaka's DLC dive (they're siblings). In that one, Pram is referred as an he.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Yeah I have no idea what gender Pram actually was.

Prim being a lady suggests that but the art they showed is pretty androgynous.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

The guy translating Ciel noSurge videos had Pram as a boy too, so I think it's just Cass' genometrics translation that's wrong

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Two guys and a girl is much more common, but I'd like it better if it was two girls and a guy so that's what I'm going to believe :v:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

MarsDragon posted:

Two guys and a girl is much more common, but I'd like it better if it was two girls and a guy so that's what I'm going to believe :v:

On the other hand, Pram's fate definitely counts as fridging so for once I'd rather have a guy be fridged.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's not stated in Japanese, in this part, so they could've gone either way without any context. But yeah, just from watching 30 seconds of a Ciel video it'd be pretty hard to argue that that Pram is a girl.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I was going to make a crack about debris shields, but I suppose space debris continues to move even if the colony ship secretly isn't.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Glazius posted:

I was going to make a crack about debris shields, but I suppose space debris continues to move even if the colony ship secretly isn't.

This was back when they were still on the planet. The shield was there to stop nasty radiation from their sun going supergiant, but it wasn't holding up well.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Omobono posted:

On the other hand, Pram's fate definitely counts as fridging so for once I'd rather have a guy be fridged.

Which definition of fridging are we using here? Female character dies for male character's motivation/development? In that case, Cass isn't a guy, and the reaction to Pram's death is way more about Cass than it is about Delta.

But apparently Ciel establishes Pram as a guy anyway, so whatever.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That is some awful translation work.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Might be able to get an update out today, not sure whether I want to split the current Dive or where if I do.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I think I promised another Dive last time, right? Well, let’s get to it, with Ion and Earthes returning to Nay’s world.

As he often was, Earthes was greeted by Nelico.

No no no, I’m not just saying that. I really do think you did a great job.
I didn’t think you had it in you, but the lighthouse keeper has opened up her heart to you.
…At any rate, this really is a wretched place… Though, it looks somewhat familiar.
It’s Nay’s world.
Ahh, that’s right. The desert world, yes… But back then, it wasn’t this desolate…
What could’ve possibly happened since our last visit…!? It’s just one thing after another, isn’t it?
I can hardly wait to see what kind of shameful sight the lighthouse keeper has in store for me… Heh heh heh.
You’ve got issues./I’m excited too.
Well, I’m bored, after all… So, I’m grateful to be able to enter others’ minds like this. Truly.
It’s like I’m enjoying really taking a trip around the world. I can’t remember when I had this much fun!
But… You sure you haven’t lost faith in the lighthouse keeper since Renall’s world?
No, I haven’t./Yeah, I did.
I see… You and the lighthouse keeper really are bound by a strong force.
She’s good at only showing her “good” side in public, so I’m sure there are a lot more skeletons…
Whatever happens, you should try and take a step back and observe… Even steel nerves won’t help you here.
Haha, I wish you the best of luck in there. Heh heh heh!

The next person was a bit more unexpected.

I am discussing issues with Ionasal, in an attempt to make this world a better place.
Let me see Ion.
…I understand. Then, I shall go ask Ionasal. Please wait here.
Ionasal would like to see you… Please, come this way.
Earthes, you came for me! I was waiting for you!
Did you come to help us make this world a better place? You have, right?
But isn’t this Nay’s world?
Yeah, that’s right… But the truth is we’re in a bit of trouble…
The world was destroyed by Nay… I was against the idea, but… She wouldn’t stop…
It would seem that some problem had surfaced, leaving her with no choice but to destroy it.
And, at this rate, the existence of Nayaflask is in danger, which is why Ionasal and I are working together.
Yeah… So, we want you to help us save Nay. Please…
Okay./No way.
Oh, thank you so much!
So, we have something we want you to do. We’re going ot see Nay, but… Do you think you could come with us?
Nay has been acting really strange lately… And we’re afraid to go alone.
If you accompany us, it would make me feel better. We could talk to Nay a little longer.
I’m going to go get ready… Do you think you could wait a bit for me? Take a look around the castle.

It is my understanding that at this sort of level in a Dive you should probably just go do your own thing, and Earthes did just that.

System Message: [Discovered a secret passage]!
???: …! Uh…
Break down the door./Try knocking.

Earthes had found Nay, exactly where she’d been left in Renall’s world.

…Mm…
I… broke…everything.
That thing came, and… I died… But I came back and…!
…Revenge… I swore it, yet…
She took everything away from me…! That damned BITCH! I’ll destroy her!
Calm down!!
…It’s all gone… I’ve been broken…
From father… And the organization…
And even that woman.. DAMMIT! Don’t mess with me!
Whoa there!!
Nay!
No, you can’t! Don’t be mad!
Why you little-! Nei Yuuki! You’re the reason this happened to me!
I’m gonna kill you… I’m gonna destroy you!
I brought you some feed, but if you act like that, I’ll just take it home.
Are you trying to kill me!?
Now, just stay calm. I’m going to feed you, okay?

U-um… Ion?/This is just great!

The situation seemed just as unusual as it had been there, too.

Did you see that just now? Nay is not acting like herself… She’s scary…! That’s why I wanted you with me…
This is all YOUR fault!
Hey, Nay! I’m not gonna feed you if you behave like that!
…!
There you go, good girl… Now, open wide… Aaaaaaahm.
Ahhhhh…
What do you think? Taste good?

The silent treatment?
…It’s good…
Hehe, great! You know, I actually cooked today’s feed myself.
I’ve been working on it all morning, so it took me a little while. I’m sorry for the wait.
Earthes, do you think you could feed her until it’s all gone?
I have another errand I need to run. Please?
Alright, Nay… Cheer up, okay? I want to bring you back to the castle as soon as we can. Everyone’s waiting.

Ion left, at which point Nay’s rant began again.

…She took… Everything from me.

She’s… Ion’s… No, Nei Yuuki came into this world, out of nowhere…
Before that, I ruled over the world. Yet, she took everything away from me…
“Empress”… My warm castle… My friends, my peace… Everything.
…That’s not all… She even took my body…
That’s why now, I… I look so pathetic. Hmph.
You mean in reality?/That’s true, especially the breasts…
Obviously!
As a result, right now, I… I oversee the palace as Divine Empress…
But until that, while she took my throne, how many times do you think I nearly died…
She destroyed my whole life…
I’ll let you out of here, Nay./Do you want to eat?
It’s fine… I’m fine here.
There’s nowhere I can run. Even if I did, she’d catch me right away.

Earthes then headed to the vice, which had closed in significantly since last time.

What do you think you’re doing here?
Why are you here, Kanon?
I’m patrolling… If the walls close in any more on the world, there will be no more castle.
I want to help Nay./Ion’s crazy.
I see… Nayaflask does not concern me, but you raise an interesting perspective.
I, too, was curious about Nayaflask’s treatment…
This is Nayaflask’s world. Of course, it’s a little too ruined to be called a “world”…
Ionasal said she herself destroyed it. Which is why we decided letting her go would only make things worse.
Normally, it’s frowned upon to intervene too heavily in another person’s world.
I’m glad you have some common sense.
No, I think that’s to be expected.
And, you? How do you feel this should be settled?
I want to open the vice.
I see… Well, I suppose if we do that, the world would grow back to its original size.
When that happens, Nayaflask’s heart, too, shall regenerate.
I don’t know how to expand it… But we should search for it, together.

They searched until they found a suspicious dead end.

And past it, the control room.

And, frankly, I don’t even know how you expect ot use this room.
Nay might know.
True… She’s the ruler of this world…
Now, I must return to the castle soon. Too late, and Ionasal will begin to question what I’m doing.
Thank you, Kanon.
It’s perfect fine. I pray that you can make Nayaflask happy.

Earthes rushed back to give Nay the good news.

…If I could, I would’ve done it a long time ago… I don’t even know where the control room is anymore…
I know where.
…!? Really?
I know how to make it move…
Then let’s go open it.
Yes… Finally, I’ll be freed from this pain and suffering…!
You’re amazing…! Hurry up and take me with you!

And together they returned to the control room.

You’re amazing, truly you are!
Let’s open the vice.
Yes, let’s do that…
Now finally… Finally I’ll be free of Nei’s constraints!
It’s moving! Yes… The world’s returning to normal…
Uwaaaaaaah!
What’s this sound?
…This is…
It’s the sound of the castle falling!
The castle is sandwiched in the vice… At this rate, it’ll fall to oblivion…
And Nei Yuuki, too…!
Ion and everyone will die. Let’s stop./Let’s continue. It’s their own fault.
Huuh!? You’re joking! Let them die!
No way!/True, let’s continue.
Argh! You’re leaving me no choice… Just when this world was returning to normal!
???: Hey-! What do you think you’re doing!?
Oh no-! They found us!
Sharl A: You’re the captive, Nay!
Sharl B: We must take you into custody!

Feinne’s Notes:
Okay buckle up guys, it’s been a long time since we had a particularly Ar Tonelico piece of CG art and the game’s aware of this. It’s been saving one for just this occasion. Maybe don’t have this open at work? Or in front of anyone whose opinion of you matters to you? Fair warning of what’s coming in a few images.

The Sharl dragged both of them back to the castle.

I was trying to make this world normal again… And kill you!
What!? Are you really saying that?
No… Nay… How could you…?
I’m trying so hard to save you, Nay. Why do you have to try and kill me…!?
You’ve already killed me many times over. That’s why the world is what it is now…
Besides! I’ve been locked up in that hole for so long!
You’re misunderstanding something, Nay… I’m trying to keep this world from falling apart, it’s for your-
LIES! Do you have any idea how difficult it is for me? Being locked up in there!?
You say something too, Kanon.
…Huh? Kanon?
Hm, Ionasal… There’s something I would like to discuss with you.
Y-Yes…
Ionasal.
Keeping Nayaflask imprisoned in there does not seem like protecting her to me…
…Don’t you agree, Ionasal?
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. I’m doing this to protect Nay. You’re misunderstanding me, Kanon!

And that’s when things started to go badly.

It would appear I misunderstood. I agree with Ionasal.
Say whaaaaaaaat!?
Say, Earthes… Kanon thinks the same way I do.
Think for yourself, no?
Of course… Even now, I receive advice from you, and in the end, I make decisions…
See? You’re growing too, Kanon. You’re applying what you’ve learned in the previous genometrics class.
On the other hand, look at the two of you… Nay, Earthes… Are you so fixated on destroying this world?
Nay’s always caused me trouble. And, so has Earthes, since he came into our lives.
This would mean that the ruler will condemn you, for the sins of which you are found guilty.
Eek!
I really didn’t prefer to be the one on the stage, but there is a second part in your pocket.
So, regarding your punishments…
I’m going to dismantle everything below your head, Earthes, so you can’t cause any more trouble.
And for Nay…
I think you should lick my feet…?
Whaaaaaaaaaaa-!?
Hey, seriously! You better cut this crap! I will REALLY mess you up!

Really badly.

And what? You think I’d just come crawling to you, after you broke me completely!? Don’t mess with me!
…How unfortunate.
I’m sorry, Nay… But it looks like I won’t be able to keep feeding you.
You’re free to go wherever you want now… I guess it was all my fault to begin with, right? I’m really sorry.
…You…?
What’s the matter?
I will never… EVER forgive you!

Like incredibly so. Though you have to wonder what this situation says about the three of them.

Ahhhh! Oh, that feels so good, Nay.
…! Urk… I think I’m gonna throw up. You remember this because I WILL kill you one day.
Earthes can’t do anything on his own anymore without a body… So no more pranking.
Isn’t this just wonderful!? I picked the best possible spot…
Turn me back./This is great!
Why? You don’t have to do anything anymore… Isn’t it so much fun?
And what about you, Nay? Doesn’t it taste so good…?
Not a chance in hell!
Aww, don’t stop now.
I knew you’d give in, so I sprinkled a little lemon on my feet. I know that’s how you like it, right?
…!
Nay… Why don’t you come to the castle. I’ll let you lick my feet every day.
You’re despicable. How dare you come into my world, and destroy it…!
Nay, you always talk about that incident, but right now, I’m the only reason you’re keeping your sanity!
Why’s that!?

W-What? Oh my, your mother’s certainly told you about some, um, surprising things. No, I don’t know if they were, um, like your aunts.

What!? Why the hell do I need to thank her for that!?
You’re not the only one who suffered after that! Because of you… Everyone in the town was…!
Aww, I’m sorry.
But, I know you so well, Nay… I was kinda hoping you’d thank me for what I did… Well?

F-Fine!
I thank you for inadvertently stopping me from wiping out the Sharl completely.
There, are you happy!?
Hehehe, you’re very welcome.
I must thank you, as well, for preventing it.
You, too, Kanon? Now that just makes me happy!
This is weird! Too weird!!
Earthes, you…
You’re the one who’s acting strange, Earthes.

Earthes had noticed that something was terribly wrong pretty early for a Dive, but wasn’t in a position to do anything about it anymore.

How could you not be satisfied, looking at this peaceful scene?
Kanon, open your eyes!
Mmm… Maybe I was wrong. I thought he couldn’t get in our way anymore if it was just his head, but…
You know, Earthes. I don’t even need you in this world. It’s my, Nay’s, and Kanon’s world, after all…
Mmm… Say, Nay… There’s something I want to ask you.
What!? You want me to do something for YOU!? You got a few screws loose or something!?
Could you throw Earthes’s head off of that diving board?
I refuse!
If you do, I’ll stop bothering you.
…Huh?
You mean a lot to me, Nay, so I tried to take good care of you, but… I guess you didn’t want that.
So, if you go drop that head for me, I won’t come back to this world. You can do whatever you want here…
…Okay… But you promised. You can’t go back on your word!
Have I ever broken a promise? Trust me.

This is a pretty terrible bind, no? Well, the resolution will have to wait for next time.

Next Time, Ar Nosurge: Dependence, Part 2

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
This is wrong on so many levels. :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This was the part where I was like "Oh that's right, I'm playing a Gust game, thanks (not) for reminding me :geno:" It just kind of sneaks up on you right when you've put it in the back of your mind.

The sad part is I'm not even sure this is more :japan: than mind-Shirotaka double marrying mind-Sarly and her exact clone.

• Locked thread