Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress Duke?
This poll is closed.
gently caress Duke 94 11.39%
gently caress Duke 80 9.70%
gently caress Duke 79 9.58%
gently caress Duke 82 9.94%
gently caress Duke 85 10.30%
gently caress Duke 81 9.82%
gently caress Duke 78 9.45%
Total: 133 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Was there ever any doubt?

Okafor deserves to go number one in the draft, so there's that. Um, Winslow kicked at players in the Elite Eight, uh, did you know that Coach K a thousand wins this year, uh, Kentucky lost? They're probably going to lose their entire starting roster and still have more All-Americans on their team than entire conferences. Syracuse is going to be dead in the future for awhile. The Big 12 apparently secretly sucked, but maybe they'll be good next year. Big 10 sent a team to the title game despite being generally shrugged about all year, just like in football, but with different championship results. Bill Walton owns. Chris Weber owns. Everyone else kinda sucks.

Get ready for next years star Duke product, Matthewson Plumlee or whatever, bet you didn't know about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

At least I can take comfort in the fact that some day the universe we know will cease to exist and none of this poo poo will matter.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
gently caress Duke
gently caress Coach K
gently caress the NCAA
gently caress everyone who cheers for Duke
gently caress this stupid rear end world that lets this happen

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern is going to the tournament, chumps

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern is going to the tournament, chumps
No one cares about the NIT.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

SourKraut posted:

No one cares about the NIT.

Everyone did 2 years ago, for at least one game.

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!

Lessail posted:

gently caress Duke
gently caress Coach K
gently caress the NCAA

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
College basketball sucks and is stupid

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Benne posted:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Lessail posted:

gently caress Duke
gently caress Coach K
gently caress the NCAA

Benne posted:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Aztecs are gonna win the MWC next year, sorry Lessail

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Bo Ryan's petulant bitching about the refs just proved how in over his head he was that game. You're playing Duke in a goddamn meaningful game and you don't know how things are going to go in that aspect? :cmon:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Checkbox poll best poll

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

uncurable mlady posted:

Everyone did 2 years ago, for at least one game.
I would like to know more.

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected
News: Stanley Johnson teasing all of us about maybe possibly not actually declaring this year
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...r-the-nba-draft

Views: Go get paid dude, I'm sure being an NBA lottery pick is at least as fun as college life

Views2: gently caress Duke

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It's funny seeing Ryan call out the one-and-done when he can't even get the kids that stick around under him to graduate on anything resembling a decent rate(Duke is way, way better). I guess having dullards that stick around for 4 years is OK though.

Source: http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/04/03/when-it-comes-graduation-heres-real-ncaa-final-four-winner

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

SA2K posted:

Aztecs are gonna win the MWC next year, sorry Lessail

you should know by now that i don't trust dave rice at all to coach the team

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008
I hope they change the shot clock up like they did in NIT for good (30 seconds or less) and the one charging rule.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Go Duke. Grayson Allen/Tyus Jones are gonna be a blast to watch next year

True story: the homeless dude in my subway station is wearing a Wisconsin shirt this morning

Adun fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 7, 2015

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Smashlampjaw posted:

I hope they change the shot clock up like they did in NIT for good (30 seconds or less) and the one charging rule.

God yes, please go to a 30 second clock at least.

Also, gently caress Duke. I don't even like Wisconsin, but I would have preferred them over Duke.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lessail posted:

gently caress Duke
gently caress Coach K
gently caress the NCAA
:boom:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Peak commercialization.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Duke is annoying but this is actually one of the most tolerable Duke teams I can remember. The fans are still insufferable but I don't actually dislike any of the players this year except Plumlee 3.0 just by default.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I'd be cool with Duke winning if it wasn't for a kid named loving Grayson.

The rest of the kids seem pretty awesome though.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Lessail posted:

gently caress Duke
gently caress Coach K
gently caress the NCAA

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Regnevelc posted:

I love watching Okafor and Winslow. If they don't go 1-2 in the draft, the GMs of those teams should be fired.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

extendedsolo posted:

I love watching Okafor and Winslow. If they don't go 1-2 in the draft, the GMs of those teams should be fired.

Towns? Russell?

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Regnevelc posted:

Towns? Russell?

I'm using a little hyperbole, but yeah those two will be there also. I mean so much can happen between now and the draft. But I just look at guys like Winslow and Okafor and I see more potential than when I watch russell just based on their size and agility. Winslow is 225 at 6'6". Winslow is probably already a decent 2 way player in the NBA, while I can't wait to see Okafor mature physically and his game get added to. I just view those two as the highest ceiling. I wouldn't dismiss if you had Russell or Towns as the eventual best player out of this draft.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12635698/john-calipari-kentucky-wildcats-expects-5-7-underclassmen-make-jump-nba

espn posted:

Calipari projects that Willie Cauley-Stein, Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, Karl-Anthony Towns and Trey Lyles will declare for the NBA draft. He's not so sure about Dakari Johnson and Devin Booker.

This draft can't go well for all 7.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Every Plumlee has won a ring. gently caress the Plumlees and their stupid loving faces.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crotch Bat posted:

Bo Ryan's petulant bitching about the refs just proved how in over his head he was that game. You're playing Duke in a goddamn meaningful game and you don't know how things are going to go in that aspect? :cmon:

My favorite part of his gigantic poo poo fit after the game was him acting self-righteous about not having "rent a players" even though the only reason he doesn't get those guys is because he's not good enough at recruiting to do it, not because he's taking some stand against it. He went hard after Diamond Stone (who will likely be a Top 10 pick next year) this year and recruited Kevon Looney last year.

Bo Ryan is a huge rear end in a top hat and a baby. His teams have also benefited as much as anyone from Big Ten officials looking the other way and swallowing their whistles on contact in the backcourt so gently caress him.

extendedsolo posted:

Winslow is not even remotely in the discussion for that, nor should he be. He'll go like 5th at the absolute highest, and I think even that is overrating him. He was not nearly as good on the season as a whole as he was in the tournament and his offensive game is seriously unpolished.

Eh, it will for pretty much all of them. The twins are the only ones who aren't at least in the first round discussion, and Aaron's the only one likely to go undrafted. Towns is probably the current favorite for the top pick and would go 3rd at the absolute latest. WCS is a lottery lock. Booker is a definitely 1st rounder and possible late lottery pick. Lyles is pretty close to a first round lock unless he bombs workouts/testing (a possibility because he's not super athletic, but he's supposed to look crazy skilled in practices). Johnson would defintiely go in the second and could sneak into the back half of the first. And someone would give Andrew Harrison a look in the 2nd because he's a 6'6" dude who nominally plays PG.

Regnevelc posted:

That dude is going to be the most hated player in college basketball by next year at the absolute latest unless he's completely terrible. White dude named Grayson with the haircut of a Republican Senator? Did anyone else even bother recruiting him? I don't think he's even a real person, I think Duke built him in a lab.

Hopefully Tyus Jones leaves early, but his stock tops out at late first so I kinda doubt it.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 7, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

sportsgenius86 posted:

Duke is annoying but this is actually one of the most tolerable Duke teams I can remember. The fans are still insufferable but I don't actually dislike any of the players this year except Plumlee 3.0 just by default.

You'll appreciate this tweet by Kendall Marshall.
https://mobile.twitter.com/KButter5/statuses/585290172255707137

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So does Bo Ryan complain about literally everything? I've never seen a coach complain so much after every game his team wins

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

SA2K posted:

So does Bo Ryan complain about literally everything? I've never seen a coach complain so much after every game his team wins

Izzo

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Final Four Team Michigan State lost to CBI team Minnesota

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Illinois State Assistant killed in plane crash returning from Final Four

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Illinois State Assistant killed in plane crash returning from Final Four

He was on the plane from Indy? Too bad :(.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

MourningView posted:

That dude is going to be the most hated player in college basketball by next year at the absolute latest unless he's completely terrible. White dude named Grayson with the haircut of a Republican Senator? Did anyone else even bother recruiting him? I don't think he's even a real person, I think Duke built him in a lab.

I'll say this for him, he really is athletic and has good coordination in the air. But still, gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nah, Ryan is way worse. Izzo can be irritating but he wouldn't have pulled the poo poo after the game that Bo did, if only because he's a lot more media savy (which I suppose is what happens when you make a deep tournament run EVERY GODDAMN YEAR NO MATTER HOW BAD YOUR TEAM IS WHAT THE gently caress).

• Locked thread