Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress Duke?
This poll is closed.
gently caress Duke 94 11.39%
gently caress Duke 80 9.70%
gently caress Duke 79 9.58%
gently caress Duke 82 9.94%
gently caress Duke 85 10.30%
gently caress Duke 81 9.82%
gently caress Duke 78 9.45%
Total: 133 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

OKC just fired Brooks.

Countdown to Billy Donovan leaving has begun :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ehud posted:

OKC just fired Brooks.

Or Hoiberg!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

OKC just fired Brooks.

Having a coach that will never leave owns

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

SA2K posted:

bro he is like 90

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MourningView posted:

bro he is like 90

70!

Okay change it to "won't leave for another coaching job"

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Wait Steve Fisher is only 70? I've been an SDSU follower for a decent amount of time and I thought he was pushing 80

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@WojYahooNBA
Despite public statement, UConn's Kevin Ollie has significant interest in OKC coaching job, sources tell Yahoo. He's a top choice for Presti

:ohdear:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Wait Steve Fisher is only 70? I've been an SDSU follower for a decent amount of time and I thought he was pushing 80

He turned 70 like a month ago

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SA2K posted:

Well to be fair, Billy Donovan has been the coach of the Gators since I was like 10 years old and I'm almost 30 now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

Well to be fair, Billy Donovan has been the coach of the Gators since I was like 10 years old and I'm almost 30 now.

Didn't he leave for the Magic for like 10 minutes

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SA2K posted:

Didn't he leave for the Magic for like 10 minutes

Okay well subtract those 10 minutes and it's still like 20 years!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Seems that Chris Wood is returning. If Rice can't win with these players then lol

or he's entering the draft. Best of luck to him.

Lessail fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 23, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Fisher is one of those dudes who has always been old.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chris Walker is leaving the Gators.

http://www.onlygators.com/04/23/2015/report-chris-walker-not-expected-back-at-florida/

quote:

Florida Gators sophomore center Chris Walker, a highly-touted five-star prospect that has struggled to make an impact in the college ranks, is not expected to return to the team next season, multiple sources told Scout.com‘s Evan Daniels.

According to Daniels, Walker has not decided whether to transfer to another program or play professionally, but the end result will be the termination of his career at Florida.

Ranked as one of the top 10 players in the country coming out of Bonifay High School, Walker struggled to become academically eligible for the Gators as a true freshman. He worked diligently on his grades during the offseason and earned that eligibility for the 2013-14 spring semester but missed additional games while working through an NCAA rules violation.

Coming off the bench for a Florida team that made it to the Final Four, Walker averaged just 1.9 points and 1.3 rebounds in 4.8 minutes per game that season. He was expected to truly develop in the offseason ahead of the 2014-15 campaign and play a major role for a Gators team in drastic need of frontcourt help.

Instead, Walker missed the first two games of the regular season while suspended for a violation of team rules and failed to show any consistency on the court, averaging 4.7 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 14.6 minutes per game despite being one of two centers on the roster. His inability to develop and become the post presence that UF needed was one reason for the team’s struggles last season.

Multiple sources told OnlyGators.com at the conclusion of the 2014-15 season that Walker’s future at Florida was up in the air. The player never planned to spend more than two years with the Gators, but his struggles to comprehend his coaches’ desires, coupled with his overall lack of production, led him to understand that he probably needs more fine-tuning before trying his hand at playing the game professionally – either in the United States or overseas.

However, sources also told OnlyGators.com that multiple non-basketball factors would heavily influence his decision at season’s end, whether it be to try and earn trust back at Florida, move to another program or pursue a professional career.

Walker joined the Gators with an AAU teammate and fellow five-star prospect in point guard Kasey Hill. His potential departure would leave Florida with the fourth open scholarship it needs to sign its entire 2015 recruiting class.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Farewell, Less Skilled Patric Young

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If he went to Kansas like he almost did people would be blaming his lack of a lottery pick on Self. Some guys just don't get it upstairs.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MourningView posted:

Farewell, Less Skilled Patric Young who doesn't actually care about being good at basketball.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

kittenmittons posted:

D'angelo Russell sure is taking his sweet rear end time to announce an obvious decision.

Okay, he declared.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

kiimo posted:

If he went to Kansas like he almost did people would be blaming his lack of a lottery pick on Self. Some guys just don't get it upstairs.

Lol you can come down from that cross now

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Someone post that Marshall Henderson gif please.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

To the surprise of no one, SDSU's Winston Shepard will return for his senior season next year.

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart

kiimo posted:

Nah I don't think anyone's ever said that Self can't get big men drafted high. He gets bigs drafted TOO high and they play like poo poo in the league compared to their college production (except you, Markieff). The effect of college coaches on the development of NBA players is way overrated IMO.

bearic fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 24, 2015

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I didn't know where to post this but I figured you guys more than anyone would appreciate some Bill Walton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bGEpXKzPE8

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SA2K posted:

I didn't know where to post this but I figured you guys more than anyone would appreciate some Bill Walton

this is some zen poo poo

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

SA2K posted:

it belongs wherever there are Bill Walton fans, which is every thread in existence.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Malik Newman just committed to Mississippi State.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
Love that Gary Parrish is coming off like an rear end in a top hat after the tantrum he threw on twitter about this.

korrandark posted:

Malik Newman just committed to Mississippi State.

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015
holy poo poo what?

John Calipari's Twitter posted:

@UKCoachCalipari: #BBN check out http://t.co/ONDat6gCwd & stay tuned for my upcoming #virtualreality experience @ceek @NextGalaxyCorp

Video

I love how John Calipari's shameless self promotion has made him a cartoon caricature of himself now. He's a "step right up" away from PT Barnum. Which, let's face it, is exactly what the Kentucky fanbase wants.

Also I love how the interviewer just goes completely off topic to try to hamfist some "talking point" questions in there.

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade
I think you've got it a little backwards. If you win at Kentucky, you can do anything you loving want. You want your own lane on the interstate for just you and a supply train of prostitutes? Sure thing. Want to install a zip line from the 5/3 tower down to Rupp? By all means, let's make it happen.

Even so, this is getting a fair amount of "really?"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

He's just disappointed that the museum closed before he came here.

By the way, we had a UK basketball museum in the Lexington center shops (it's attached to rupp arena)

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

hobbesmaster posted:

He's just disappointed that the museum closed before he came here.

By the way, we had a UK basketball museum in the Lexington center shops (it's attached to rupp arena)

The museum was really neat.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I seem to be teaching in Minneapolis/St. Paul for the next school year. Anyone that way have advice? Bear in mind that as an NC State fan I already have the fanbase fatalism/cynicism thing thoroughly covered.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

elentar posted:

I seem to be teaching in Minneapolis/St. Paul for the next school year. Anyone that way have advice? Bear in mind that as an NC State fan I already have the fanbase fatalism/cynicism thing thoroughly covered.

Drink.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

elentar posted:

Get hockey tickets.

Also, start looking for a winter coat, gloves, hats, and scarves. Should be able to get a deal now.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

There is a second division pro soccer team in Minneapolis. Their games are really fun, if that's your thing.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Austin Hatch is moving to medical scholarship. It was great to see him get on the court this year and score a point.

Things must be looking good for Jaylen Brown or Kenny Williams.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Regnevelc posted:

Austin Hatch is moving to medical scholarship. It was great to see him get on the court this year and score a point.

Things must be looking good for Jaylen Brown or Kenny Williams.

It seemed pretty obvious from his appearances on ESPN and stuff that he couldn't actually play in a competitive game, so I'm not sure if him going on medical actually means anything with regards to recruits. It seemed like a sure thing.

Bring on Jaylen Brown though, this is totally the time Kentucky doesn't get every top recruit

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Welp, Brandon Ingram just chose Duke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
They won't suck as much as I hoped they would. Oh well...

• Locked thread