Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

Greg Norman was number 1 for about 25 years and only won 2 British Opens.

Who are you to doubt El Dandy Sergio? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

DJExile posted:

Who are you to doubt El Dandy Sergio? :colbert:

I love Sergio as much as the next guy but it's pretty hard to win a major.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

I love Sergio as much as the next guy but it's pretty hard to win a major.

Oh no question, I just think he's more likely to win one than forever miss out.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

DJExile posted:

Oh no question, I just think he's more likely to win one than forever miss out.

If he was a tennis player he definitely would have won by now but golf is so full of random poo poo and complete scrubs coming from nowhere and putting in rounds of their lives.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Tiger is the main draw here, so why is there not a camera pointed at him for every shot? With all due respect to whoever is in Featured Group 2 at noon.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

AndrewP posted:

Tiger is the main draw here, so why is there not a camera pointed at him for every shot? With all due respect to whoever is in Featured Group 2 at noon.
They wanted coverage of all different groups across the 2 days, and Tiger was streamed yesterday.

Also, the Augusta chariman chided Tiger after his infidelity was exposed.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

If he was a tennis player he definitely would have won by now but golf is so full of random poo poo and complete scrubs coming from nowhere and putting in rounds of their lives.

Fair point.

AndrewP posted:

He'll be the main draw if/when he makes the cut. The draw on Tiger is mostly his ability to dominate/come back on Sundays.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

When do the group streams go up online? I need to watch Spieth instead of work.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Dr. Remulak posted:

Featured group 1 starts in 30 minutes.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
OMG FURYK

Edit: ricocheted his tee shot on 12 off the stick, almost spun back into the water. Stopped a foot up on the bank.

Kameh fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 10, 2015

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

They wanted coverage of all different groups across the 2 days, and Tiger was streamed yesterday.

Also, the Augusta chariman chided Tiger after his infidelity was exposed.

I'm wondering if your second sentiment has anything to do with viewers getting stiffed re: Tiger. Phil had internet coverage yesterday and will have TV coverage today. Tiger had TV coverage yesterday, but we'll only be able to see him on masters.com's coverage - Amen Corner, 15, and 16. For this being his first Masters in two years and first full tournament in 2 months or something, that's pretty ridiculous. He's the main draw and somebody people want to watch, whether you care for the guy or not.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Els just has the smoothest swing. Watching him on the tee on those par threes it looks like he's taking a leisurely practice swing and then the ball comes flying out and goes 170 yards.

Unknownmass
Nov 3, 2007
Spieth just continues to kill it today. This wont even be close if he keeps it up.

Unknownmass fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 10, 2015

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dr. Remulak posted:

You're welcome: http://www.masters.com/en_US/watch/live.html?videoChannel=fg2

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Unknownmass posted:

Spieth just continues to kill it today. This wont even be close if he keeps it up.

It's Spieth. He's great, but so far doesn't seem quite old enough to possess the ability to deal with some of the pressures that come with being in the lead. He'll crumble a bit for sure... just needs to be sure he gets a big enough lead to give him a cushion.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013

AndrewP posted:

You mean the featured group with the current leader who is absolutely putting on a clinic? Granted, featured groups were decided before Spieth set the course on fire, but with all due respect, if you don't want to watch what he is doing to the course, you don't really enjoy golf.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

This is not true at all. Go look at the list of the major winners in the 10's. 21 majors so far, 6 different winners

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kameh posted:

I'm wondering if your second sentiment has anything to do with viewers getting stiffed re: Tiger. Phil had internet coverage yesterday and will have TV coverage today. Tiger had TV coverage yesterday, but we'll only be able to see him on masters.com's coverage - Amen Corner, 15, and 16. For this being his first Masters in two years and first full tournament in 2 months or something, that's pretty ridiculous. He's the main draw and somebody people want to watch, whether you care for the guy or not.

Phil is playing with Rory isn't he?

Tiger is playing with Jimmy "the human Ambien" Walker.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Presto posted:

Els just has the smoothest swing. Watching him on the tee on those par threes it looks like he's taking a leisurely practice swing and then the ball comes flying out and goes 170 yards.

Seriously, you forget just how huge the guy is because it's like he's swinging the club as lightly as possible.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oosthuizen is having himself a pretty good round today.

E: Which reminds me of his great ad he did for Ping a couple years ago

DJExile fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 10, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sergio :(

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Garcia has boarded the bogey train. It's time to get off now, please.

TheMirage
Nov 6, 2002
I have the feeling Spieth is going to take the potential of a drama filled Sunday away. This is ridiculous what he's doing.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
I'm always conflicted when there's a huge lead after 2 rounds (yeah, it's not over yet). Either it'll be a runaway victory, or it'll be a tremendous collapse. I don't know which one I want to see less.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Is it me or have there been quite a few eagles this year so far?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

whatever happens with Spieth this is probably the greatest 30 hole stretch i've ever seen

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Goddamn I know I'm probably jinxing it but just give Spieth the jacket now :stare:

Barring a huge weather change or something I don't see him giving this lead up at all.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

whatever happens with Spieth this is probably the greatest 30 hole stretch i've ever seen

It's better than Tiger's 1997 win. He went -2, -6, -7, -3 over the 4 rounds and set the record for the lowest aggregate and to par at the Masters (270, -18).

Spieth could conceivably break that.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

DJExile posted:

Barring a huge weather change or something I don't see him giving this lead up at all.

There's a big cold front coming through later today/tonight....

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mattfl posted:

There's a big cold front coming through later today/tonight....

oh hell yes :munch:

bad weather majors are the best majors

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Tiger hit his tee shot on the eleventh 388 yards. :stare:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Question on the rules: I just saw a shot where the ball was hit over a pond, spun back off the green, and went into the water. Is the player allowed to drop where the ball entered the water or does the player have to play it where it first went over the water hazard? (I hope this question makes sense)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Presto posted:

Tiger hit his tee shot on the eleventh 388 yards. :stare:

Holy poo poo

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

daslog posted:

Question on the rules: I just saw a shot where the ball was hit over a pond, spun back off the green, and went into the water. Is the player allowed to drop where the ball entered the water or does the player have to play it where it first went over the water hazard? (I hope this question makes sense)
That was a direct hazard (yellow line/stakes), so he can't drop where it last crossed the margin of the water hazard. If it were a lateral hazard (red line/stakes), he could drop 2 clublengths from the last point of entry, no closer to the hole.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tiger who? :smug:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

This Hoffman guy is right on Spieths heels.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mattfl posted:

This Hoffman guy is right on Spieths heels.
Titleist: Serious Clubs for Serious Golfers

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Charlie Hoffman is 4 back and it seems like he's twice that, Spieth is unreal.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Josh Lyman posted:

That was a direct hazard (yellow line/stakes), so he can't drop where it last crossed the margin of the water hazard. If it were a lateral hazard (red line/stakes), he could drop 2 clublengths from the last point of entry, no closer to the hole.

Thank you sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Hoffman's had a great round but I don't know if I can see him keeping up that pace.

• Locked thread