Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i really hope they get t bone burnett back, but judging from the teaser he's at least back in spirit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Phanatic posted:

Yeah. What song is that?

this is as much progress as I can make re: that song. it seems to be an unreleased track

http://www.bustle.com/articles/75248-what-song-is-in-the-true-detective-season-2-trailer-the-haunting-tune-is-perfect-for

White Rabbit posted:

Most importantly, it says the photography is still some of the best around.

Looking at Vaughn's first shot in this trailer finally gives me hope it'll look and feel great like season one, regardless of who's directing.

no poo poo, there's more acting in that one grimace from vaughn than in the last decade of bro movies

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Drifter posted:

But there WAS no supernatural element to season 1. Just a bunch of crazy rich dudes fuckin' young chicks, and crazy poor dudes kidnapping more chicks to gently caress. I mean, just because I have a Shamanism book on my bookshelf doesn't mean I'm a wizard if I put on a feathered headdress.

Literally everything bad and scary was just the deprivations of humanity and people finding sick nasty symbolism to help make it more fun. Raping girls, this is getting kinda old...well, how about doin' it while you're wearing this kickin' rad stag head and having your buddies standing around in a circle?!

I guess you could try to argue Rust's hallucinations were supernatural, but...eh.

this is on point. the supernatural element of se1 was crap by intention. what people are mistaking for a supernatural influence is simply dread, the first season was full of dread to great effect. and dread isnt precipitated by spooks

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Vanderdeath posted:

Speaking of Southern Gothic, I'd love to see an anthology series based on Absalom, Absalom! done on HBO. That would be rad

james franco's take on as i lay dying is on netflix now if youre just jonesing for some faulkner or southern gothic in general

of course its not very good but builds up steam and ends on a fairly strong note. that may be the result of the source material though

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Philthy posted:

He was trying to kill himself.

i dont know how a rational person could interpret this scene any differently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

Doesn't the opening to the first episode indicate he's alive? Wasn't that a flash forward? Most likely the shotgun was loaded with bean bags or some other non-lethal ammo.

thats what i thought seeing as how hes in future episodes. rock salt or something

• Locked thread