Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OfU7CGY5DQ

They just released this teaser so, yeah.

All thats known is that 1. it's set in southern California instead of southern Louisiana 2. it starts airing on June 21st, 2015. 3. nic pissoloto really likes highways and refineries

Kumo posted:

Here is some more information about Season 2 of True Detective. I don't believe character names are spoiler worthy, but I don't post here often, so I'll redact the rest.

Colin Farrell will play detective Ray Velcoro.
Vince Vaughn is playing criminal Frank Semyon, a “career criminal [who's] in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.”
Rachel McAdams is detective Ani Bezzerides.
Taylor Kitsch is war vet and motorcycle highway patrol officer Paul Woodrugh.

Apparently it will involve "the secret occult history of the United States transportation system." according to Nic Pizzolatto

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uxGbhO4ag

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

maduin posted:

Could have been worse, but that circle shot where they zoomed in on each of the three protagonists was some terrible loving television.

I thought it was pretty good except for that scene yeah, that was pretty corny.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Anyone else notice they snuck in Woody and McConaughey into the intro?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I was a bit confused at first, but a re-watch clarified the few confusing things and also changed my opinion from "eh it was ok" to "that was good."

Zombies' Downfall posted:

]Are there really that many huge Lovecraft dorks who are too dense to see the supernatural motifs in this episode writing television criticism? Did they actually fall into the trap of being seduced by Rustisms when the entire point was that his philosophy was some combination of wrong and dangerous that he used to wallow in his personal pain and overcame slightly at the end? Idk man

Absolutely, especially on this forum, a lot of nerds are still sore about it not being Cthulu behind the mask.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

as the credits rolled on True Detective Season 2 Premiere, I let my body try and determine what I would think of the episode. I stared at the screen, and from deep within my belly a great descriptive force welled up and overtook me. It was the most powerful of "mehs"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

tie theory time!!!!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

oatgan posted:

I like the insane bar with scar woman and brooding singer

I'm starting to think they're going to include it in every episode, with the same musician singing a similarly depressing song, as some sort of unreal greek chorus setting.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

rejutka posted:

Next episode starts with the masked man looking down at Ray and the ground. He pats his pockets like he's going for smokes, sags, then breaks out an e-cig. He lifts the mask up to take a drag, then drawls, "Your stomach is a flat circle, Ray." Velcoro looks back up and rasps, "Fukken robot dicksucker"

The masked man replies, "No Ray, I like to think of myself as a realist. I have been to Carcosa and I know who I am. Do you know who you are, Ray?"

Velcoro just looks baffled. And in pain. 'Cos he just got loving shot like point blank. "I dunno what the gently caress you're on about." The figure takes another drag and responds, "True, detective", then walks out humming a familiar refrain.

and the goon chorus moans in unison a powerful meh

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

also i appreciate this thread descending into The Worst once again, however instead of being due to nerdy overanalysis its very serious television viewers rushing over each other to declare the show terrible

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

That Conway Twitty scene owned.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lil Stan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Eyes Wide Shut scene was pretty cool.

• Locked thread