Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

All I need to already know and love that character is in the mustache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Hey I thought it was a great first episode. Maybe not as convincingly in an alternate creepyworld but a lot of fun. Who cares about likable characters. The from-the-headlines corruptcity is a good place to be. It hit the True Detective notes without setting up for redundancy. First episode of the first season was like kind of interesting but this one was exciting. Faster pace for a faster state.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

It's good TV. Stop wringing all the entertainment out of it comparing every aspect to the previous season.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I'm starting to think they're going to include it in every episode, with the same musician singing a similarly depressing song, as some sort of unreal greek chorus setting.

God please let this happen.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I love the mayor.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I've been rooting for VV but they gave him some actual good dialog in this episode and he completely failed to sell it. I'll finally admit it: he was a bad casting choice.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

The bar at the end of the universe and the singer (and the mayor) are the only perfect things in this show.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I got the impression that Bicop's nest egg was from one of the pallets of American cash that fell off the plane on the way to the desert. (Millions and millions in cash missing in Iraq, remember that news story?)

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Charlatan, profligate. rapacious

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

The contracts... they're full of signatures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

To all the cool kids pointing out that they have done MDMA too, have you heard of 'set and setting'? The situation in which you take a drug is in many ways more important than the drug itself. If you took molly inside a kubrick movie you wouldn't have fun. Ani responded realistically, given that the situation was hosed up and so was she.

• Locked thread