Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
This looks fascinating - I'll give it a go :)

So basically I don't need to choose a flavor until after I get the rolePM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Confirmed

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
##town Awful

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Oh fine
##Town Dark Baby

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Alasdair: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0kB25iPuZB3

I don't read Axe Cop as scum at all - but Big Nothing seems suspicious.
##Vote Big Nothing

I'd prefer to lynch a lurker if we can't get enough for Big Nothing. Byers has been uncharacteristically quiet this game.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Morning all, I'll come back after I drive the wife to work.

Byers: I just re-read Alasdair and while I could see you pushing a meta-case as he's definitely playing differently than he was in the last couple games I've seen him I'm not seeing where you're reading scum on him. Can you clarify what you're seeing or is it a meta-argument?

TheRam: Sorry dude but that post restriction is dumb as gently caress yo.

Currently I still think Big Nothing is our best lynch today so I'm leaving my vote on him - I'm willing to change to avoid a nolynch situation. Now that Byers is playing I'm sure we could find another lurker should that become our best option (ie - BigNothin starts making sense)

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Morning Kleedrac. When you return will you explain why?

Certainly, the biggest reason is because 8 out of 14 post-joke posts are questions - in previous games this was the best scum strategy - it looks like you're adding content when literally a majority of posts are asking others for content. That said ...

Byers2142 posted:

It's not a meta-case at all. Voice copping is dumb and adds nothing worthwhile, but he started out the game like it was an A+ scumhunting tactic because it lets him generate fake content. He spends a fair amount of the early game talking about needing a lynch, but not who and drives a case on AXE because AXE called for a no lynch, but immediately after the extension he switches to BN. Read page 5 of the thread, you can see a switch in his casing from AXE to BN in which he admits he had a town read on AXE's responses to Alasdair, yet he was driving that case anyway.

1) I didn't notice the time span - when I re-read someone I generally just bring up their posts and each post in and of itself didn't look suspicious - the timestamps honestly do help your case
2) I disagree about voicecopping - I find it meta in the extreme and there are people who can lie easily via voice so I'm not sure if it's super-helpful - but it generates discussion and gives some content

I'd certainly be willing to vote Alasdair now that you've pointed that out to me - but currently I think Big Nothing is our strongest lynch - he's generating literally nothing. That or a lurker as they're somehow generating less than BN.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Big Nothing posted:

Whats wrong with people casing multiple people?

This is literally a majority of his posts! It really feels scummy at this point.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Big Nothing posted:

Would it be too cruel to lynch the dog
More questions - no content

Big Nothing posted:

Guess i should claim

im both a Watcher and a Tracker. I get to see who targets my target and who my target targets.

As near as I can tell you were at 5/8 to be lynched or hammer -3 and you decide to claim?! Not to mention in a power-heavy game your claim seems less useful and while it may be meta that seems like something scum would be given for a fake-claim. I'm really happy with BN getting lynched today.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

it was a frame job that works on the NK victim to make them flip vanilla scum

Except now we know this is a lie as Byers didn't flip scum. Your story really doesn't add up.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

That was an edit - that's not what I saw

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I'll let met sort this out, and ask him if I should post what I saw.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote wall monitor

I'm not a hundred percent sold on this partially because alasdair flipped scum so at least part of his story was a lie. That said it's not the worst Lynch we could have today.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

TheRam posted:

*ramdog looks fiercely at kleedrac and demands he full claims right now, otherwise kleedrac will face a similar fate to BN and Alasdair*

##vote Kleedrac

No, and you're an idiot.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

TheRam posted:

*sniffs and finds his nose in your pocket, runs and picks up a crayon in mouth, draws a picture of a cannister, of... kerosine???*

bark bark! bark bark bark!!!

Yay for lovely post restrictions - are you calling me an arsonist? Are you claiming you're an arsonist? Or are you still :colbert: barking up the wrong tree? :boom:

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

wall monitor posted:

Good dog.

##vote Kleedrac

So you agree with his case of "bark bark woof woof" huh? Perhaps I was wrong about you too :P

For the record - I'm not claiming day effing two.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Sorry I just got in and its after midnight.

I'm going to agree with AN for now and
##Vote: TNL

I'm not certain about Wall Monitor right now for part of the reason Exakt has said - trusting a scum once we know they're scum seems wrong - I'm not saying I'm unwilling to lynch him - just that I think there are better options right now.

Tomorrow I'll make more posts and do a big re-read of the thread. - night all.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

TheRam posted:

*Ramdog picks up a dictionary and drops it at the feet of WM, it falls open on a page with the entry for "False Dichotomy" highlighted*

*ponders over whether WM is this stupid, also considers that it's probable (and sad) that at least one of WM and Orvin are actually ~~that stupid~~*

*goes back to barking at Kleedrac, who knows exactly why I smelt kerosine*

*If Ramdog hadn't smelt kerosine and sulphur on the clothing of Kleedrac, Ramdog would be encouraging a WM turbo since there is really no reason not to*

##vote Kleedrac

woof woof bark *pants*

Urgh - TheRam - I now think you're town and just realized what's going on. You've managed to sniff out my flavor of being a fire-eater in the circus. You've managed to make the sad leap in logic that I'm so unoriginal that I got handed a role of "arsonist" and came up with that weak rear end flavor to go with it. Let me assure you you are wrong. I am town-aligned and not an arsonist. I am not willing to full claim in this game for reasons which would become clearer upon my demise. On a meta note I kept reading the thread and being frustrated by your post restriction and Hiipfire's railing on you for being THE ULTIMATE IN TOWN and wasn't thinking clearly. You're wrong about role and I didn't think of flavor. Now I'm going to re-read the thread shortly - but I really like AN's case on TNL right now and I suggest you all read it as well! I wouldn't be opposed to a WM lynch today if we can't get TNL but I still have doubts if we should trust Alasdair.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Day one recap:

Byers2142 posted:

Your scum picks go BN, WM, Alasdair, in that order? One Bark yes, two Barks no.
Byers was suspicious of WM yesterday.

Byers2142 posted:

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

As for my vote for Orvin, out of all the votes being placed on Big Nothing, theirs was the most bandwagony, and the details of it were incorrect.
Reminder for everyone, this was the stated reason GG voted Orvin.
There's an implied "BN is town, scum must be voting him" or at least an implied "scum must be voting him" if he suspected the possibility of a bus. And looking at the votes on BN, he cased Orvin, who was not voting BN.
GG was defending BN.

Byers2142 posted:

TheRam, when this game is over and if you are town, I'd like you to make a defense for why this PR was a good idea.
I still agree with this - though I can't see the scum having a flavor cop so I think TheRam is town.

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

As town I stick to my guns even though they might be aimed at the wrong people to begin with.
Although my casing may seem incomplete, what I do have is conviction. Whereas, if I was scum, I'd try to play up my innocence and discredit my own ability.
I'll gladly (try to)provide some substance to my claims when I get back home.
As far as this is concerned. TheRam's contributions have literally been barks and growls at people.
I think you're town just because that's how you appear. What don't you like about that?
This is scummy as gently caress

TNL day 1:

The Ninth Layer posted:

What was the case on Big Nothing again? I missed it in the last five or so pages.
Also what's voice copping.

The Ninth Layer posted:

If someone can't tell me why Big Nothing is being lynched on this page, I''m just going to assume there isn't a case against him.

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't find Alasdair scummy and I think Byers' case against him here is pretty weak. The voice copping thing seems like a cool idea and I think the idea Byers is pushing about how Alasdair can fake content behind it is dumb. That poo poo only matters on very early day 1, it's not like voice copping would be Alasdair's go-to discussion topic all day. I also disagree that his switching to Big Nothing is scummy; Alasdair explains why he votes Big Nothing and it makes sense for him to move his vote at the time of deadline extension to a lynch he felt better about.

The Ninth Layer posted:

These posts pop out at me because the first one votes Big Nothing for "being suspicious" and the second one goes "oh yeah I still think Big Nothing is suspicious" and doesn't add much else to the case. These are the kind of show up and stamp the thread posts that give me scum pings.
##vote Kleedrac

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm not crazy about either of the two candidates but I'm not really against them either. Would probably go Orvin over Big Nothing based off a gut feeling. ##vote Orvin
Scummy ... as ... gently caress.

TNL don't you always find me scummy. and now your being chummy. i find that...scummy.
I'm surprised Alasdair didn't tell him this in scumdoc.
And a final bad post from GG:

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Could you please explain why you found Big Nothing to be the better vote? The post you claimed influenced you seems ambiguous and noncommittal to actually having a "No Lynch"
Everything about this seems stupid.
As mentioned this was just incorrect.
OMGUS post straight up. Also I don't quote TheRam repeatedly because up until recently it's mostly been garbage. First unwarranted votes against Kleedrac, then a switch to Big Nothing, Then Alasdair, AnonAnarc, WM, so on and so forth. The PR is not generating content and the votes are taking some people close to a lynch. He's not playing for the Dark Baby, and he's deserving of your lynch. More concerning is why Byers is defending him.
Flip-flopiness is exactly what Byers called out Alasdair for, but he has no problem with TheRam and even encourages it calling it "scumhunting" and instead of spending the time to make an actual defense, all we get are block quotes and humorous/annoying flavor. GET REAL DARK BABYIANS.
Also forget that pictures Byers linked, we'd be lynching this:

Ask yourselves... Is this dog a Dark Baby dog? I don't think so.
Byers let whiskey aid in his "debatable scumslip" in Three Axis, so he's a bit more reserved this game but don't be fooled. After inactivity from the weekend(happy belated birthday), he's here to lead the charge against people and his conviction has shifted almost as much as TheRams, but much more subtly.
##vote Byers
##vote TheRam
I don't care which one, but I bet at least one of these two are scum(or both). I retract my former stance on Alasdair, I think he's just pointlessly aggro about hunting scum to the point of almost causing us to make bad decisions, but probably not scum. He's just looking to get that D1 blood on his hands.
Wrong, dead wrong. You also called for a vote right off the bat for Exakt, although it didn't seem serious, it didn't seem jokey either. I invite you to get real with the rest of us Dark Babyians in ferreting out the real scum, unless of course you belong to them. As others hilariously point out, *been getting tips in the scumdoc*, for who to go after?

I think TNL is our best lynch today - I would get on board for a lynch of WM or GG if people don't want to lynch TNL. I'll start my day 2 notes here in a minute.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Day 2 recap:

Okay so everybody. I started this game as mafia with big nothing, myself, and wall monitor. During the night I was recruited by someone and now serve the town and not the mafia.
I was a framer. I made it look like byers was scum (he isn't)
oh yeah, and there's a role called the mannequin. we the mafia got to pick this role's ability (we chose dayvig) and some unknown third party gets to choose if they are mafia or town.
Oh yeah and wall monitor roleblocked you GG.
So this happened followed awesomely by:

HiipFire posted:

##shoot Alasdair
Worth a shot I guess
Though it should be noted if you find TNL scummy like I do in between the above posts:

The Ninth Layer posted:

I believe you Alasdair.
##vote wall monitor

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

##vote HiipFire
Don't take it personally, but with his reveal and your confirmation of the role, it seems too orchestrated. Is this an attempt to buy you cred for town?
GG wants to hang the dayvig who shot scum?!

TheRam posted:

*ramdog looks fiercely at kleedrac and demands he full claims right now, otherwise kleedrac will face a similar fate to BN and Alasdair*
##vote Kleedrac
I'm ashamed to say this derailed the thread far too long because I'm an idiot who was focused on role and forgot MY OWN DAMNED FLAVOR THAT I MADE UP :P

TheRam posted:

*ramdog nods with a widsom that comes with age, and Ramdog is very old in dog years. He remembers a line involving you smelling of kerosine and sulphur and friends saying you smell like a demon, is satiated for now - also cocks head as if to say "do you honestly think I was unreasonable in my approach?"*
Do you think I'm unreasonable for missing this among your post restriction?

The Ninth Layer posted:

EXAKT Science posted:

The Ninth Layer posted:

Orvin hasn't flipped scum.
I'm talking about Alasdair.
And I'm talking about Orvin.
Moar TNL trying to derail the thread

Orvin posted:

##vote Wall Monitor
My night action gave me information that, in part, confirms Alasdairs claim. Specifically that Wall Monitor is scum.
Although I would be more than willing to lynch TheRam if he doesn't drop the post restriction.
Still not sure what Orvin's talking about ....
I'm not going to post it here but there's almost a full page of Exakt & TNL arguing and while Exakt comes off as odd a few times - TNL seems rather scummy.
And for those voting Wall Monitor - I'm starting to think you're on to something:

wall monitor posted:

Mostly I've been thinking. Alasdair tried to 1:1 me with that claim, and I've been trying to figure out why.
I think scumteam figured out my role, and decided I'm worth sacrificing someone for. Alasdair was pretty consistent vote choice yesterday so maybe they decided I'm worth sacrificing him for. I'm hesitant to roleclaim because even if scumteam already knows then maybe 3P still doesn't.
Byers' weird flip wasn't caused by Alasdair's role, no matter what he claimed, so something else caused it. Some sort of role-stealing 3P? Another scum power? Something intrinsic to Byers that made him flip vanilla?

wall monitor posted:

Alright then...
I'm an Investigator. Each night I can check a target to see if they have a gun or not. The role PM comes with mod confirmation that if someone 'has a gun' that means that they are either scum and/or have some sort of killing power (vigilante, possibly others?).
N1 I looked at theram. TheRam does not have a gun.

wall monitor posted:

I breadcrumbed this when I said that TheRam was a good dog.

wall monitor posted:

1. I thought ram was scummy with his PR.
2. He'd been softclaiming some sort of investigative power, I thought, so it seemed like a target that wouldn't give me a false positive from being a town vig.
This is the dumbest poo poo I've seen. First you think that Alasdair who was basically a janitor was willing to sacrifice himself for you because Your role is so loving badass the scumteam is hosed if you survive. Then you claim a role that basically amounts to "lovely cop" because you can't tell the difference between a town vig and a scum kill role :facepalm: Then you claim that calling the ram a good dog was a "breadcrumb" for your role. Then you checked him to see if he was a scum/vig because you thought he wasn't a scum/vig. What the everloving gently caress.
##Vote Wall Monitor
Note I would also be happy with lynching TNL or GG as they're also scummy - just moving my vote because this doesn't make any sense and really feels like scum flailing against a lynch.

Off topic:

CapitalistPig posted:

I visited anonymous narcotics last night.
But Im not gonna tell you what I did to her.
C-Pig still hasn't said poo poo beyond this - which is lame.

AXE COP posted:

Mostly because i've been playing tons of Town of Salem and arsos are night immune there. I realise that is not a good guide for actual mafia games though.
Axe Cop you should add "Kleedrac" in Town of salem and we should play sometime :D

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
For all the reasons I listed in this post and this post;
##Vote TNL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

TheRam posted:

*laughs like a dog*

*is happy the scum had to nk me and someone doc'd me*

Is it sad I'm honestly shocked they tried killing you? But good job to the doctor :)

• Locked thread