Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

This should definitely be in the new thread:

https://twitter.com/kumailn/status/586678680576925696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Grump posted:

Also, wtf. That entire Kickstarter plot point seemed so out of place and unnatural. At least the first scene when Kumail first brought up donating 5000.

It seems pretty clear they're going to end up funding Pied Piper with kickstarter.

Rewards Tier 1 ($500,000) Erlich jerks off every guy in this room.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

adrenaline_junket posted:

The only thing that was missing to make it credible, was talk about growth first, revenue later. Pretty much every week TechCrunch reports on a startup that is prioritising user growth over revenue.

One of my favourite Hanneman scenes was him pulling up in the McLaren with Limp Bizkit blasting and then trying to leave and it wouldn't go into gear.

Rolling up with Limp Bizkit blasting told me all I needed to know about the character.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Xoidanor posted:

Obviously, I'm saying that it's hilarious considering that he's a self-proclaimed genius entrepreneur who regularly sits on Shark Tank and talk poo poo when he really just lucked out on the dotcom bubble. :allears:

And managed to get his money out of said bubble before it burst, that's not just luck. Don't get me wrong, he's a crazy randroid douchebro, but it's not like he took daddy's money and managed to gently caress up drilling oil and fell rear end backwards into being president of the US.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Whoever got Cuban (or suggested he join the cast) onto Shark Tank did wonders for his reputation.

Fun fact about Shark Tank, though - everyone who walked into the studio before Cuban joined had already given up equity (5%) or a 2% royalty to the company producing the show. He nixed that as part of his agreement to stay on the cast because he thought it was lovely and would lower the caliber of entrepreneurs who would want to appear on the show.

I watch way too much of that show and Mark Cuban really is the least pretentious/terrible rich dickbag on it. For whatever little that means.

Henchman of Santa posted:

You say this like Arrow was actually a contender for best show on television at some point.

You say that like it isn't.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

red19fire posted:

The best joke is that Gilfoyle mentions building a bitcoin miner, then every server thing he brings in housed in a milk crate.

And pushing GPU solutions on them, which if my buttcoin knowledge is up to date, and it very very much is not, have not been any good for mining for at least like 2 years.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Edmund Lava posted:

I think they just wanted someone to say Bitcoin.

I wouldn't mind seeing some greatest hits buttcoin rigs show up, like Gilfoyle has one sitting outside covered with a pizza box on top of it to protect it from the snow (ok there's no snow but still) or he gives himself brain damage falling asleep in the same room as his buttcoin rigs.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Did you just call a hat antiquated? What world are you in?

The world we all live in. Unless you're over 70 anything but a baseball cap or a legitimate cold weather hat is hilariously antiquated and should be mocked relentlessly.

Henchman of Santa posted:

That's like the only thing worse than a fedora

I would argue that driver's caps are worse (second to fedoras of course). If one wants to look like an inbred cowfucker by wearing a stetson, it is at least mostly acceptable in large regions of this country.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Frank Viola posted:

There really needs to be a gif of Russ Hanneman slamming his Masarati door repeatedly to demonstrate the car door function. I lost my poo poo.

Or one of him pantomiming how billionaire's car doors should close.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

EugeneJ posted:

I'm happy Russ is showing vulnerability and not just walking all over everyone.

He's dealing with a lot of important problems right now, it's bound to take a toll on the psyche.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

John Big Booty posted:

And you're friends with them because?

Seriously their car doors don't even open like "THIS" or "THIS."

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

What about the waste heat from the server farm, there are no proper cooling systems installed in their garage which represents a potential fire hazard. This show clearly ignores specific NEC and NFPA 101 guidelines which is unrealistic

Well they're using former buttcoin rigs so adequate cooling is sticking a box fan in the doorway maybe after someone gets brain damage from heat stroke.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Veskit posted:

No you made season 3 by asking.

You changed the outcome by observing it! :argh:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Clipperton posted:

"Madam! Do not call a man a 'fool' on the transom of his own home--a home that happens to be the world headquarters of a company keeping streaming video of a man who's about to drink his own urine online for tens of thousands of Filipinos! Does that sound like 'foolishness' to you?"

They are never, ever going to top that line.

I loved how he then goes "respectfully, go gently caress yourself."

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Yeah, perhaps a sounder approach would've been curtailing the extent of the intellectual property clause since it's honestly kind of insane that making some minor modifications to the software on Hooli's computers automatically gives them full IP rights over it. Especially since Richard probably didn't even use like Hooli's special version of Git or whatever + everything was hosted on Richard's private GitHub.

Nah, that part is completely believable, welcome to intellectual property law - it's not just retarded about file sharing!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Pharmaskittle posted:

I dunno why riviga would take Gavin as a CEO honestly, since his cred is going to be shot with anyone in the know about the nucleus fiasco. I could see him getting put in a powerless figurehead position with pp though, since his firing could be spun to the general public as a genius getting ousted for being too ballsy.

Because I can easily see sperglord Raviga lady basing the decision entirely upon the heretofore success of Hooli and ignoring all the conflicts of interest and bad feelings between him and PP.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Because he's disgraced in rational people's eyes by getting fired from Hooli, but beep boop sperg lady from Raviga would only see the numbers of the situation and well hey this guy ran a hugely successful company and now he's available, numbers!

Also comedy show.

Also the lawyer is still a lawyer, he is just not an attorney, this is an important distinction.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Hollismason posted:

For example, Russ structured his investment as a loan.

If we missed a Silicon Valley version of Pied Piper going on Shark Tank I so want that to be a dvd extra or something.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sir Kodiak posted:

It's completely unrealistic that this thread was never deleted.

Division Post put a bottle of '3 Locked GoT Threads' tequila on the delete button and we still made it through.

(he also refuses to watch this show, so maybe that has something to do with it)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Erlich is the boy twin in How To Train Your Dragon.

That drove me crazy for awhile until I figured out it was him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

PittTheElder posted:

My keys go in my right pocket, because I use my right hand to put them in the ignition. And you don't want to scratch your phone with your keys.

You put the phone's screen against your leg and put the keys on the outside. I've never had this be a problem.

• Locked thread