Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Frijolero posted:

Why did I just watch a teenager get raped while Luke Skywalker watched on? Was it really necessary?

Dany was 13 in Season 1 where her brother fondled her and Drogo raped her. There's a reason GRRM is a creepy motherfucker.

e:

Barreft fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Bad things happen to good people and everything is terrible: the series.

Like there's no one left on the show worth rooting for.
Is Sansa not worth rooting for or did she just earn that rape? There's probably 30 people worth rooting for, I don't really see how people keep saying this show is all about bad people.

Chris James 2 posted:

Life: The TV Show :smith:
Yeah just to be clear this show has nothing to do with life and is not a metaphor for anything, it's mostly about dragons and tits, it's not a commentary on capitalism or anything.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm a little sour about the episode because it had no Stannis who I think is the last person I give a poo poo about.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Is Sansa not worth rooting for or did she just earn that rape?

Sansa's story is horribly depressing. She's been tosses around from horrible person to horrible person and the people get actually worse as she's passed around. She had that one tiny moment where she talked back to the crazy girl and I thought she was going to show some backbone with Ramsay but nope she's a scared girl. My guess is she's going to summon Team Terrible At Their Job to somehow gently caress things up again.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 18, 2015

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Is Sansa not worth rooting for or did she just earn that rape? There's probably 30 people worth rooting for, I don't really see how people keep saying this show is all about bad people.

Yeah just to be clear this show has nothing to do with life and is not a metaphor for anything, it's mostly about dragons and tits, it's not a commentary on capitalism or anything.

its hard to root for sansa because shes really boring and hasnt done anything cool yet

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol
Do you think its regular poison that has an antidote or that magic basilisk venom? I'm trying to find something to cling to.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sansa's story is horribly depressing. She's been tosses around from horrible person to horrible person and the people get actually worse as she's passed around.
I dunno Tyrion was ok, except he was infatuated with someone else, at least 15 years older than her, and related to the person that killed her dad

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

its hard to root for sansa because shes really boring and hasnt done anything cool yet
Bad things happened to her, so as empathetic human beings we're supposed to want her to win. I can't believe two consecutive posts don't know this. Sansa's the good guy, we root for the good guy.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Mister Kingdom posted:

I...don't know.

It really felt like there were half a dozen places they could have cut to the credits and maintained 99% of the uncomfortableness of the rape-consumation. Ugh :smith:

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

feedmyleg posted:

Ramsay is like Worse Joffrey, but the actor is incredibly charismatic than Joffrey's purchase face. I loved to hate Joff. I love to love to hate Ramsay.

No way. Ramsey is the worst but only because Joffrey is dead. That kid quit acting because he made everyone hate him so much.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Barreft posted:

Dany was 13 in Season 1 where her brother fondled her and Drogo raped her. There's a reason GRRM is a creepy motherfucker.

e:

For once he's blameless. Sansa rape is (at least for the time being) entirely a show thing

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
She had to consummate the marriage with Ramsay for political reasons. That Ramsay is a monster was, well, awful.

I would expect she's now going to plan Ramsay's untimely death ASAP.

I'm interested in seeing how Littlefinger's machinations work out this season. He essentially has the Warden of the North title secured either for him or for Sansa, I think even if Stannis wins.

Mumbly
Apr 12, 2007

The Unnamed One posted:

For once he's blameless. Sansa rape is (at least for the time being) entirely a show thing

Well, sorta. In the book it was a different girl. The same age as Sansa. Who hadn't been seen since the first book and was brought back to be brutalized in this bit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I know they are the words of House Martell, but uh... that's some title for the episode considering the ending.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Well she did feign ignorance when Arya was being questioned by King Robert.

But no she didn't really earn it.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Also this is a joke, right?

NomChompsky fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 18, 2015

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

William Bear posted:

Even Khal Drogo didn't make others watch.

Theon had to be the proxy faceshot because showing her during that would be too brutal even for GOT holy gently caress.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also Tommen is getting even more pathetic with each passing episode. Cersei's dumb plan has to blow up in her face somehow

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
I am only getting through this by telling myself Sansa knew she would have to do this when she told Littlefinger she'd go through with marrying Ramsey. Its still awful and horrfying and I was screaming at Theon to snap and shank the fucker before it happened but at least it was something Sansa knew was going to happen and accepted as a horrible cost of avenging her family.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Bad things happened to her, so as empathetic human beings we're supposed to want her to win. I can't believe two consecutive posts don't know this. Sansa's the good guy, we root for the good guy.

I've been rooting for Sansa since Season 2. She's a pretty underrated character and one of my favorites, and I still have hope that she'll get out of this one way or another. I think she's realizing she does have friends/allies and thus at least a little power over her situation here. She just needs a chance to use it.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Tumbler posted:

ATTENTION ANYONE WHO WATCHES GAME OF THRONES

let’s get #JusticeForSansa trending on twitter

let’s get this assholes ratings to drop so low that they’ll be put on the chopping block just like sansa was

justice for our beautiful snow queen!!! she’s a direwolf, not a piece of meat!!!

oh ffs

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I know we're supposed to root for her, but she's been boring at best and annoying at worst. I will cheer if and when she dies.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
sansa refused the aid of someone willing to help her and then agreed to marry ramsay loving bolton on the advice of the weasel king of westeros

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I mean, without awkwardly justifying the rape of Sansa, can we all agree that this show is specifically not boring enough to only be about tits and dragons? If it was only about that nobody would have continued watching after five years.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i dont think sansa is boring, but her decisions are pretty subdued and are surrounded by more active characters so she pales in comparison in terms of resonance but she does in fact make choices, have internal struggles, and isnt a complete idiot. shes just surrounded by a billion asslords that want to use her so they can own fantasy canada

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

lol at anyone who thinks this show could get cancelled over a rape scene

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

sansa refused the aid of someone willing to help her and then agreed to marry ramsay loving bolton on the advice of the weasel king of westeros

i know right, bitch got what she deserved

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

NomChompsky posted:

I mean, without awkwardly justifying the rape of Sansa, can we all agree that this show is specifically not boring enough to only be about tits and dragons? If it was only about that nobody would have continued watching after five years.
It's also about betrayal

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

Brienne does not exactly come off as the most trustworthy person when she comes out of the blue and says "I'm here to help you. Your mother told me to help you and I can't corroborate this in any way especially since she's dead." I mean, Arya was going to stick with the Hound, of all people, over her

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also Tommen is getting even more pathetic with each passing episode. Cersei's dumb plan has to blow up in her face somehow

Based on articles about the production of this season, I have some suspicions about how this is going to turn out. Regardless, all I want from any comeuppance is for Olenna to be there every step of the way, delivering maximum cattiness.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

NomChompsky posted:

I watch because i am 13 years old and i identify with teenage boys who get to bang hot older women

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

I've never posted in this thread before, but I wanted to see the reactions to this episode in the hopes of understanding mine. Both my wife and I, and she's read the books, simultaneously decided we are done with the show. I can't think of a show I liked so much that I abandoned so abruptly.

I'm not here to tell people who still like the show how wrong they are, I'm hoping to understand why I don't anymore. Yeah, the final scene was the last straw so to speak, but this is a show that has built a mountain of cruelty out of worse things than happened to Sansa. Maybe the rest of the show has stalled out such that it can't rise above the brutality? I honestly don't know.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Shaking initiated.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

NomChompsky posted:

I'll also grant that it's about having one shocking event per season. But really gently caress else happens. I'm kinda over pretending this is even one of the ten best dramas on TV right now. The first two seasons were great but we've done nothing since.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Brienne does not exactly come off as the most trustworthy person when she comes out of the blue and says "I'm here to help you. Your mother told me to help you and I can't corroborate this in any way especially since she's dead." I mean, Arya was going to stick with the Hound, of all people, over her

you're right. imo it was a pretty interesting decision to make which is why the whole resolution is really upsetting. you want her to do the right thing but she made two awful choices because littlefinger is a manipulative snotsucker.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I've never posted in this thread before, but I wanted to see the reactions to this episode in the hopes of understanding mine. Both my wife and I, and she's read the books, simultaneously decided we are done with the show. I can't think of a show I liked so much that I abandoned so abruptly.

I'm not here to tell people who still like the show how wrong they are, I'm hoping to understand why I don't anymore. Yeah, the final scene was the last straw so to speak, but this is a show that has built a mountain of cruelty out of worse things than happened to Sansa. Maybe the rest of the show has stalled out such that it can't rise above the brutality? I honestly don't know.

Ok bye

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Don't think I've felt as bad watching the show since the red wedding... That last scene was pretty drat brutal... :saddowns:

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
That fight between Jaime and the Sand Snakes was so bad looking. Am I watching network television or a show with a goddamn budget? Hire some choreographers ffs.

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol
I'm hoping the next episode begins with Theon ganking Ramsey and then Sansa putting the candle in the tower.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Whenever Game of Thrones does something offensive to your sensibilities, one should think about this gif.

I don't get why people get so upset over a movie, tv, etc. The fact it's making you emotional is something to be celebrated.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I'll also grant that it's about having one shocking event per season. But really gently caress else happens. I'm kinda over pretending this is even one of the ten best dramas on TV right now. The first two seasons were great but we've done nothing since.

If there is one large allegory you can draw from this show to the real world it is about climate change. I'll leave it to you to figure out why, but it's pretty obvious.

I mean, at this point, anyone who is dropping the show altogether because of that one scene has some interesting places where they draw the lines considering all the other innocent people who have had horrible things done to them both on and off screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

NomChompsky posted:

Shaking initiated.
I don't think this person knows what the fridging a character means

• Locked thread