Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
How many episodes is Arslan supposed to be? 26? 52? TBA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dan7el posted:

I already knew that part of the story from reading what's been translated online. What I really want to know is the "truth" behind Arslan's parentage. Based on what's already been shown in the anime (hence no spoiler here), my best guess is that either one or possibly both the King and Queen are not his true parents.

What's been translated that I've read so far doesn't add to any solution to this mystery. Anyone know? I'd love to know what the deal is.

It's likely that the Queen is his mother since he came out of her, but (and I'm spoilering in case I'm accidentally right) Hermes is actually the King's son and Arslan is the nephew

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

dogsicle posted:

Arakawa would never do gratuitous tity

Arakawa does sufficient titty

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Is NBCUniverssal a sponsor or something? I've been wondering for the longest time now. Also, could that mean that they might adapt a Live Action version for the US?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

this episode was ridiculous

gently caress yes, ballistas!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Was this stuff in the book too?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There's a lot of QUALITY that needs to be fixed in the BDs

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Actually taking Rajendra back to Pars would have been a pretty good move. I mean, I can see why Arslan wouldn't go for it, but it'd work great at keeping foreign influence to a minimum for a few years.

At the very least it made sure a possible front was delayed and ensures a direction of safe retreat.

Europa Universalis map of the region when?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

I didn't care much for it as well although Andragoras laughing at Sam's naivety was a pretty good scene if poorly animated.

I'm not expecting LOGH but I wish they made Hermes and his men much more likable or at least showed citizens enjoying life under his rule.

Kubard's 'gently caress you guys I'm out' was great though and I hope he comes back.

Hermes basically represents an alternate villainous faction, but it probably would help to see his recruitment of Parsians as basically being one of following someone like them over a Lusitanian.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

dogsicle posted:

yeah Etoile had super obvious eyelashes that seemed to suggest "he" is female. it did seem like she had breasts, the flashback seemed like a "you're a girl, you can't go to war" deal, and then to seal the deal she wore "drag" to infiltrate Peshawar.

she seems great for Arslan, Daryun be damned

Even if she is actually a boy, I doubt Parsian law has anything about homosexual relationships, especially if the king is in one

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

dogsicle posted:

if it weren't for that endcard, I wouldn't cadre if this episode just didn't exist. nothing happened

It was basically a set-up episode before the climactic fight. A number of scenes weren't unessential, but a few of them could have been slotted elsewhere with no ill effect. I am curious as to this prophecy that Andragoras is talking about and how it relates to Arslan and Hermes. It may be the main reason Arslan was adopted and his presence tolerated, even though he wasn't of royal blood and that a legitimate heir

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Newest episode up and the first of two inevitable confrontations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Adelheid posted:

Finally, the moment the entire series has been leading up to is happening next episode: Arslan and Etoile kissing

I doubt Etoile is about to kiss some filthy heathen. Even if he is cute.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Adelheid posted:

Well, I guess I understand why the last couple episodes have seemed low-budget, given that they were obviously working on this one for several weeks with all their money devoted to it. God, what a good episode. I can't believe how many frames of animation went into Arslan and Etoile's passionate embrace

Even still, there were a few scene that had terrible quality like Alfreed first getting to the top of the wall.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Are we going to get more Arslan? :ohdear:

I'm sure we'll probably get some in a year or two after Arakawa does more of the manga

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

RabidWeasel posted:

I don't think it worked very well, the way they framed it just made it look like the enemy soldiers were all graduates from Stormtrooper Archery School.

The least they could've done was put in some wind effects

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
And thus the boy would be King.

S2 when?

Also Girl who dresses up as a male knight X effeminate looking boy King OTP

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
And we're not even at the end of novel 4 out of 15(?) and there's also a crapton of stuff that's been omitted since it's not relevant to anything up to this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

RabidWeasel posted:

Now I'm thinking of Twelve Kingdoms and I'm worried :ohdear:

If an S2 is made, it'll probably not be too hard to fold them back in. Again, they were cut because they hadn't interacted with the main plotline as of yet so depending on where the director projects the end of S2, those other plots will get picked up in parallel with the main story or seen as flashbacks before it joins up.

They need to get Arakawa back to storyboarding the series in between doing the manga though since the individual fights seemed to have more punch then. The source material isn't even finished yet, though, so it might be a bit for an S2 or S3 to appear.

• Locked thread