Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!
I have a gripe about the character designs. Mostly it's due to me having a raging fan-boner for Yoshitaki Amano's artwork, but the one that specifically grinds my gears is Farangese, who in the original OVA's looked like a badass Paladin, but in the 2015 series just looks like ridiculous cheesecake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Kyte posted:

I assume Arakawa didn't appreciate having so few sexy ladies along the manly men so she had to concentrate all the sexiness into one character.

It's hard to take someone fighting in a bikini and loin cloth seriously.

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Razzled posted:

That didn't stop Conan's enemies from getting hosed up

Conan wore armor.

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Of course Arnie didn't wear armor in the movie; he was a professional body builder and the whole point was to show off his physique.

Same with the Conan art by Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell...both were body builders in their free time and wanted to showcase the human body.

In the actual Conan stories, he wore armor every chance he got.

Anyway, armored up paladin Farangis just plain looks cooler than stupid battle bikini Farangis.

• Locked thread