Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I dreamt of 7 ancient rings melted and reforged into a crown of great power. A man leant forward out of the darkness and claimed it, his face frozen in mirth as his eyes bled milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
there are all these boxes of cheerios in my house but i dont remember buying them... i think more of them appear when i go to sleep

maybe its my roommates buying them actually

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

gary oldmans diary posted:

strange voices, walls seeming to twist and distort, that sort of thing
is general mills meddling with forces they couldnt possibly comprehend

in general milfs meddle with forces they couldn't possibly comprehend

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
the witch in the walls sprinkles sugar on me every night, my dreams are getting worse

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
These are delicious. I've been trying to eat them with some fresh fruits but bananas instantly blacken with rot, strawberries shrivel into their wild and bitter state, and the blackberries dissolved into a swarm of biting flies when I mixed them in. Anybody have any success eating these with fruit?

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
the bowl and the cosmos are one

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
When he added the seventh grain,there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven spoons were given to them.

Another angel, who had a golden mug, came and stood at the altar. He was given much coffee to offer, with the prayers of all God’s people, on the golden altar in front of the throne. The smell of the coffee, together with the prayers of God’s people, went up before God from the angel’s hand. Then the angel took the mug, added to it cream and sugar from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
how is one grain more ancient than any other?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Through the darkness of future's past
The Magician longs to see
One chance out between two worlds
Bee Happy Bee Healthy

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I literally can't stop eating them!

Please call the police.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Has anyone else started to experience harassing phone calls from General Mills? An automated voice asks me if I want to take a survey, but all the "questions" are just heavy, obscene breathing.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
'No more than 5 grains inside any one box.' These words are plastered all about the production line.
We do not dare trust the machines with this. They can not respect it, they can not fear it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I held one up to my eye and looked through, but what I saw was terrifying to behold.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

C̖̝̦͜o̭̪̗̲̝ͅm̺͓̺̮̬̮͓̀p̫̜̀l̻̳e͢te ̯̭̞̪̙̻͠ͅt̩̠̟͔̞h̩̦͘ẹ̰̪̹̀ ̰̳͇̬̠̜͢c͈̻̟ir͙̘͇̣̟̮͈͡ć̫̜̻̭̳͎l҉̗e̫̪̤͎
̶̗͉̻̤̣͔C̘͝u̟t ̯͖a̫̗̝̘̤̦n̸͚͚̯d̲͎̫͍͚͈ ͈̻̬͟s͙͕̪̙̥̙a̤̣͖͇v̪e̮ ̠̫̱t͈̦̩h̩̩̲̼̻̲̲è͔̳̗ ͉͙͕͙ͅb̲̝̩͓o̦̰̻̣̝̺͘x͉̬͕̕ͅ ͟t̸o͏͉̤p̶͍̩͈̪s̰̱͖̬͙͞
̛̬̳A͚̞͙͡N̬̘̗͈D͈ ̭̣͚̟̗̫̲͠RḘL̹̰̺̀E̞̜̹͢Á̭̠͇̰̦͔ͅS̙̰̝͟Ę͕̤̦̝ ̭̘̳̗̝̕M͍E͢ ̟̳̦̳̜̘F̡̣͙R̹̹͇̳̱̭̭͠OM̸̖ ̼̬́T͕͖H̠̻̤͎̲̲͕͡IS̞̘͎̻̺͇ ̶͍͚͉P̧̭̣ͅR̫̯̯̟̣̰͟I̳̼̦̭̮Ş̦̭͍Ò͎̟̪ͅǸ̼̞̬͇̣!̛

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
they told me that there was a whole lot of power in those little o's but I didnt listen. I worshipped a graven idol of angled wheat and they took my eyes as recompense

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

There's nothing supernatural or magical about the power of the ancient grains. They just possess technology beyond our understanding.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
i pleaded with the elders of my village to abandon their idolatrous ways but they refused to obey the one true cereal. I left the town and the o's told me not to turn around, but still I could hear the screams as they were turned to pillars of spelt

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

America's #1 consumer of Cheerios + Ancient Grains is the sleepy colonial seaside town of Millsbury, MA, with a full 10% of all boxes being shipped there in daily truckloads along the one dirt road connecting the town to the outside world. Oddly enough, the reporter we sent to write a puff piece on Millsbury's apparent Cheerio Fever claims that the town's one grocery store doesn't carry any cereal at all, and whenever he tries to follow a Cheerios truck to its destination he always loses track of it somewhere in Millsbury's vast array of old-growth forest. We'll have more details on just where all these Ancient Grain Cheerios are going as soon as he finds the time to call us again; he's been oddly quiet these past couple of weeks...

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

hey not to sound like a noob or anything but how do you throw away the cereal? i want to get rid of it because im pretty sure its responsible for my nightmares but it keeps coming back

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Bro Dad posted:

hey not to sound like a noob or anything but how do you throw away the cereal? i want to get rid of it because im pretty sure its responsible for my nightmares but it keeps coming back

According to the General Mills FAQ page:
Pin the box to a willow tree by a silver spike.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Applewhite posted:

According to the General Mills FAQ page:
Pin the box to a willow tree by a silver spike.

I can verify this works but don't do it with any willow tree you own or have a sentimental attachment to. The tree in my backyard is growing really weird leaves now. They're, like, strings of tiny little circles or something? I tried taking the box down but it started screaming.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

I can verify this works but don't do it with any willow tree you own or have a sentimental attachment to. The tree in my backyard is growing really weird leaves now. They're, like, strings of tiny little circles or something? I tried taking the box down but it started screaming.

Yeah should have mentioned DO NOT PULL OUT THE SPIKE. EVER.
It will only make things worse.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I grabbed a box of ancient grains + cheerios the other morning but I had a really weird dream last night, and when my infant daughter started crying in the night and woke me up I went to go check on her but she was crawling on the ceiling. I guess I was just kind of dreaming that though.

I'm sitting here at work now and I have a headache the won't go away and every time I blink I hear screaming and see a brief flash of a dark dimension of some circular form hurtling through a void of visible darkness. Maybe I should try tylenol? Please advise.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Brought one of the single serving boxes to work to eat for lunch today. Opened it via the flaps on the front, but instead of cereal there were organs inside as if I'd just cut open a tiny, rectangular animal. The tiny heart was still beating, even!
Needless to say it spoiled my appetite.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
I thought they were supposed to be little Os but mine are non-euclidean geometric shapes.

On the plus side, I am slowly turning into an immortal fish person. 4/5 stars would buy again.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Every time I try to pour the cereal into a bowl of goats milk/blood it starts to swirl and a tiny maw with a million sharp teeth forms into existence and sucks in all cheerios while a thousand doomed voices whisper vile things in my ear. I mean the box of cereal never empties but it's starting to get annoying because how am I going to get my daily fiber?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Opened a box of it, didn't find any grains inside but every time I look inside I can feel something gazing back at me and I get this weird urge to draw on my walls for the next several hours. Now there's a bunch of eyes on my walls and I can't tell if they were there the whole time or not. Was very disappointed.

Went back to the store to return it only to find out that it had burned down over 50 years ago or something? Sounds like some kind of scam to trick people out of refunds, Yelp's gonna hear about this.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Ever since I clipped the box tops for my son's school the children have been eerie quiet and one class locked their teacher in the room and beat the poo poo out of her.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Anyone else ever notice that when you hold the box up to a mirror the pictures and writing aren't backward?

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

what a night. the wasps finally stopped and i shooed them all out of my apartment with only a few stings. when I came back in though there was something on my wall

it's circular and about the size of a car tire maybe? hard to describe beyond that because if you give it anything longer than a passing glance the pain is unfathomable and you can feel all your bones contorting and trying to pull themselves out of place

i really wanna get this thing off my wall but if just looking at it is that bad I'm afraid of what'll happen if I try to touch it

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Moldy Taxes posted:

Ever since I clipped the box tops for my son's school the children have been eerie quiet and one class locked their teacher in the room and beat the poo poo out of her.

Kids these days! Mine has just started to talk, oddly enough the same day I bought these cheerios. I can tell she's trying to say "daddy" but it keeps coming out as "dagon"

naem
May 29, 2011

apparently my stainless steel silverware has high iron content because when I dipped my spoon in the bowl the milk curdled and a high pitched keening overwhelmed me

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Is anyone else having trouble with the activity section on the back? Tried to do the word scramble but all the clues were extremely personal allusions to my own deepest insecurities.
Also every time I think I've got the maze figured out, I swear it changes so I can never escape. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

now the weird circle things are on EVERY wall so I have to keep looking at the floor. and the bathtub and sinks are all filling with poo poo even though the faucets are off. ironically, the toilet seems fine?

in any case i have never in my life been more dissatisfied with a cereal purchase and general mills is gonna get the nastiest email over this

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
I don't know what all this nerdy lovecraft poo poo that you guys are talking about, my Ancient Grains cereal is just fine.

Wait a second... *looks at box* when did Post start making Cheerios?

What th

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

i'm not saying it was quinoa

but it was quinoa

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
at first i only ate them for breakfast or maybe a late night snack, but I soon felt myself craving them more and more. lunch and dinner were cheerios. i would wake up in the middle of the night and find myself, seated at my breakfast table, eating. i do not remember my dreams anymore, just the horror of them. faces on the street become O's and the O's are faces screaming. i do not remember my parents or my brother. i do not remember my name or who i am. i know what i must do. i open the box and prepare to crawl inside, to join the rest of them until i too eat and am eaten. but first i clip off the box top for education and mail it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
No wonder it costs so much; instead of using a plastic bag to keep the cereal from going stale, it looks like it's made out of stitched together intestinal casings!

• Locked thread