Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Remember that Ofaloaf has to code all of this, so we shouldn't see too many out of whack religions, if only to make life easier on him.

yeah because one thing we know about Ofaloaf is that he doesn't like creating mods that change everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

YF-23 posted:

I hope we do turn French.

Hell we have already started a centuries long conflict with the British.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
The above plus the fact that a large amount of Americans come from Northern and Western European countries and when you add that to the current Northern and Western Europeans you have a large English speaking population to whom the Norse have cultural resonance.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Merdifex posted:

I wouldn't know of them, then. What are some good mega-LPs on SA?

And I didn't know that the devs posted anywhere outside of their own forum. That's interesting.

:lurkmore:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Merdifex posted:

Before he prepares his host he turns Muslim by event or something. Don't know where the code is but the wiki tells us so.

If its by event its not hardcoded.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Merdifex posted:

Can someone get a hold of all the Gothic cultural names in A:TW files? I'm doing up some CK2 culture localizations and such and need names for "old_gothic" which will be the Gothic version to old_frankish.

Seriously stop posting.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Merdifex posted:

Wow. Paradox actually spent cash on an actual good looking trailer.

I'm afraid they're going to exaggerate the importance and opulence of the silk road. It wasn't exactly an unending train of caravans going to China and back.

:colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCQRIl9McAU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Merdifex posted:

Since those trailers, I should've mentioned. A fancy trailer for a DLC, how about that.

well there flush with CiM:Skylines and PoE Money now

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

:golfclap:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Merdifex posted:

Listen closely, suggesting stuff and discussing history does not mean I want to appropriate the LP. So stop with this crap.

Your taking the fact that you offered help with localisations to mean your a co lper stop.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

NewMars posted:

I'll support the man, the man with the great plan for mega-Iran.

Indeed.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Merdifex posted:

So we'll play CK2 with Sunset Invasion, right?

I thought you said you were shutting up.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Dude just stop you are making a fool of yourself.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Drone posted:

But Azeri did result in some very good Kelly-style political cartoons from... who was it, kangol?

Thanqol

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

YF-23 posted:

No King nor Emperor was fit to rule the Italian realm. The Central Roman state, having secured Italy from the Emperor of the west but under persistent siege from all sides and unable to pursue dreams of establishing itself as Empire in the Mediterranean entered a crisis of leadership as the purpose of the realm was uncertain. Without any practical source of legitimacy for the pretenders and under pressure from the heretic Goths and pagan Avars to the north, the Italian Romans found a common cause in defence of the faith, with the Bishop of Rome playing an increasingly active role in the state, culminating in a Great Compromise: the acceptance by the Roman Senate and the Italian nobility of the Pope as the highest authority in the realm.

The Western Roman Separatists start CK2 as the Holy Roman Empire, a theocracy under the Pope, who is Emperor over a number of duke- and king-level feudal vassals.

Well two out of three ain't bad

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Yeah the T.R.A.I.T.O.R.S flag is literally the best option. Besides text doesn't go well with CK2 CoAs.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
So were going to have at least 4 major branches of Christianity then Arianism Hispanic orthodox Italic Catholicism Ethiopian orthodox and possibly a variant of Nestorianism.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Not limited just weighted. Besides France is weighted pretty heavy as are the Spanish kingdoms

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Two Romes isn't enough

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
if nothing else the Key-Rho should be the symbol for Italic Catholicism

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Merdifex posted:

Hellenic Islam

Unlike OTL where many Byzantine emperors scoffed at Muhammad's budding new religion, declaring it nothing more than some misguided Christian heresy held by backward desert savages, one emperor saw something more; he saw inspiration.

Upon receiving several letters from Muhammad, he put into writing his own improvements to Muhammad's own theology. Why would Theos (the term he used instead of Allah) speak to some desert barbarian in his own guttural tongue rather than to an emperor who spoke one of the most beautiful and prestigious language on earth?

In reality, the language of revelation was Greek, since the archangels Gabriel and Michael appeared to this emperor and pointed out that Greek was not only the best language, but also that Muhammad misinterpreted them greatly.

His writings and revelations were recorded by him and his followers in a collection of books called the Theonomy (god's laws.) It was revealed to him that you could marry more than one woman, among other things.

This new faith was called Paradinism, after the Greek word for submission.

gently caress yes. All is forgiven.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Merdifex posted:

Didn't the vote end yet? And just to remind people, if Slavs aren't in Britain, then Slavs aren't anywhere. Ya'll remember voting for that, right?

Truly it would be the best of timelines

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
At least if slavic Britain does mean no Slavs then we won't have helenisised Slavs pretending to be Greek. Just Greeks pretending to be Italian pretending to be Greek pretending to be Rome.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Drone posted:

Can we make the next round of voting be on whether or not Merdifex just goes off to make his own mega-LP instead of backseat driving this one? Since he seems to have Very Strong Opinions On Mapgames and just a dash of I'm Just Speaking On Ofaloaf's Behalf, Guys.

vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Yep send him off into nothingness like the rest of the eastern Slavs

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Coward posted:

Where's that image of the Grim Reaper doing the slam dunk with the flaming basketball? Can we have that as the Gothic flag?

That's cultural approbation we're not Lithuanian

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Merdifex posted:

This is the thread for the LP, the actual LP is whatever will be put on on the archive.

No this IS the LP the archive is just that.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Boreagoths?

Wait the original Gothic homelands were pretty much where classics situated Boreas so hyperboreagoths

Rumda fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 1, 2015

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Ofaloaf posted:

Francia

Francia

We failed....

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Well that's one way to settle yourself in as Roman empress declaring war on Persian Carthage hitting both the ancient enemies in a single war.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Always trust Ofaloaf to disrupt a mega-blobbing France, it just normally takes alcohol to do it.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Raserys posted:

If Seljuk actually makes it to the Byzantines' door, that would be the first Paradox LP where the Turks actually conquer Anatolia.

To be fair Rincewind's Byzantium LP started with the Turks controlling most of Anatolia.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

mcclay posted:

Please give us a detailed write up about the culture and general outlook of this beautiful nation.

And what about the glorious capital Factroy and the good ruler_title Capitalist that built it.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Frogfingers posted:

Why not run with random new world? I've never tried it before.

Edit: I forgot Vic2 exists. whoops.

Because it looks like poo poo.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
There's not really much reason to have them as a separate culture group really. It's not like Gothic or OTL France where a foreign tongue has been layered over the Latin Celtic mix.
I'll be surprised if there wasn't a degree of bilingualism and pidgin languages forming in the merchant classes if not the peasantry.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

tunapirate posted:

Initial note: I know going full endonym was shot down, but I encountered this paper on Celtic endonyms while doing some research for a personal mod; figured I'd leave it out there.

I'd rather have the Briton and Romano-Briton culture groups split because monolithic England is just so vanilla. Maybe also some Dál Riata-type stuff with Welsh-Irish culture seeping into Strathclyde and Mann?

England does not and will not exist

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
1.B
2.C
3.A
4.C
5.B

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Considering that slavery and the dissolution of it is a major part of our history (and a major part of Victoria II's events), it's probably good we didn't deviate too far from reality.

Victoria II would probably crash without the American Civil War... :smithicide:

Well considering there's been no USA in many of the Vicky 2 sections of mega LPs we could do with out one event chain.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

We don't :ssh: It just has to get reworked.

Blood in the Bosphorus reworked it, and so did Wiz's Islam LP. The only question is trying to find an event that can match the build-up and payoff that was the ACW.

Are you telling me you were serious, Vicky is such a kludge that removing the ACW events casues that much damage?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
A

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

So many choices, none satisfactory. I would as soon call a crusade against this kingdom of heretics than reform its government but if it must be done, a council of advisers would be best. The whims of the masses are contradictory, easy prey for demagogues, and clearly something has gone wrong with the government as it is. A council of the wise and experienced, those who know the truth, would be of great benefit in steering Gothia back on course.
The advisors will be picked by the Heretic. He has betrayed the People of Gothia only the People can set this right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Don't be a scab, join the Union.