Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thejoshie
May 3, 2013
How the flying frack did I miss this!?

Will be posting shortly. A Heel even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

"The Breaker of Spirits" Margrethe Wolfram

Hails from: Hamburg, Germany (Has a Residence in Blackpool England)

Entrance: This.

Fighting style: Margrethe fights with a ground and pound submission mentality. She uses suplexes to put an opponent down, then a follow up hold to attempt to keep him or her there. Her aim is often to end the match suddenly with the Blitzkrieg (The Kaja Hijime, or more commonly known as the Tazzmission)

Kayfabe Bio
The self proclaimed 'Natural Born Champ' and the 'Pinnacle of German efficiency', Margrethe Wolfram is quite possibly the longest tenured wrestler in the TWW who has yet to actually win a championship inspite coming within a razor's edge several times. Thus her goal is now beyond just 'winning' the top belt... but proving she was meant to be there all along.

A woman with great technical instincts and an even bigger ego, she has backstabed, connived, and cheated her way to the top... and when her usual tactics didn't work, then her wrestling abilities were more than adequate, holding the TWW record for the most submission victories (Which stands at 35 and counting since she is still active. It's a mark she takes pride in, especially since her Patented Blitzkrieg submission has never been broken out of (outside of her having to let go due to a rope break).

.Real Bio:
Backstage, Margrethe either likes you, or hates you. She loves the sport of wrestling, having been trained in Blackpool, England for several years before setting foot in the independent circle (She has fond memories of her time in England, even keeping her 'Better off dead' theme as a subtle tribute), thus, she has no time for people who feel that they are 'God's gift to wrestling'. If she feels that you're humble and care about the sport more than yourself (in other words, you "get it"), she'll be your best friend, help to make you look good, and pretty much bat for you when your time comes. However, her judgement tends to be skewered, as she is getting more and more paranoid as to whether or not she is being taken seriously backstage. She has the clout, but do they really respect her? She's in great shape and it's apparent that she has many, many years left in the tank, barring injury, so now she is wondering if she should be more ruthless in tasking what she thinks she deserves.

In the TWW, she has recently helped the 'Next Big Thing's of the world transition from Mid-Card to the upper Echelon, and whenever a top villian was needed, she filled the void. Doing the grunt work for the company for years, however, has it's dividends, as she is often in the conversation as to who will be pushed next. She hasn't been pulled yet, but she expects her name to be drawn anytime. She can't be ignored forever.

She'll not allow it.

quote:

The Veteren

Look 1 (0+1)
Power -1,
Real -1,
Work +1

Moves:

FINISHING MOVE (Russian Nightmare):
When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. Choose whether you or your opponent gains +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: you use your veteran skills to force a win, and gain +1 Heat with them; or you let them look strong in defeat, and they gain +1 Audience. On a botch, you win by countout, disqualification or interference (Creative’s choice), and you lose -1 Audience.

VETERAN INSTINCTS:
Gain +1 Momentum when you start a match.

TOP OF THE CARD:
When you demand a match, it must be granted by Creative.

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 5, 2015

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

neonchameleon posted:

The RPG.net WWE thread has just taken a detour into what works in wrestling, how the stortytelling works (and why people really don't like Cena). Probably not news to most of you - but I found it worth reading.

neonchameleon posted:

If you want to go deeper, the Shawn Michaels/Hulk Hogan 2005 feud that the link mentions is one of my favourites despite being an utter disaster wrestling-wise. Here's the both backstage and front of house background to it. (For the record, HBK = Heart Break Kid - Shawn Michaels' nickname). His promo dressed as Hulk Hogan is pretty funny. His promo at Montreal in 2005 is a masterpiece of an in-ring heel Promo - just listen to the boos of the audience. (For a bit more background, the Montreal Screwjob is relevant - a screwjob: When creative openly schedules one side to win the match, but secretly tells the Ref and the other wrestler the other should; HBK had beaten the Canadian favourite Brett Hart), The match itself was ... a mockery.
Thanks for these! I'll check them out.

I've been mixing and matching different styles of promotions: USA stuff, puroresu, lucha, indy... Just to see how they differ. My completely uncultured verdict: not... much, except for WWE having the most consistently boring matches. My favorite match choreography is the little I've watched of Pro-Wrestling Guerilla. The only thing I watched from Lucha Underground was this, which was excellent.

thejoshie posted:

She'll not allow it.
We already have a Russian submission! Maybe you can change your nationality to something else that also works?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

neonchameleon posted:

If you want to go deeper, the Shawn Michaels/Hulk Hogan 2005 feud that the link mentions is one of my favourites despite being an utter disaster wrestling-wise. Here's the both backstage and front of house background to it. (For the record, HBK = Heart Break Kid - Shawn Michaels' nickname). His promo dressed as Hulk Hogan is pretty funny. His promo at Montreal in 2005 is a masterpiece of an in-ring heel Promo - just listen to the boos of the audience. (For a bit more background, the Montreal Screwjob is relevant - a screwjob: When creative openly schedules one side to win the match, but secretly tells the Ref and the other wrestler the other should; HBK had beaten the Canadian favourite Brett Hart), The match itself was ... a mockery.

Thanks a lot, I've spent all day going down the wikihole about the worst moments in wrestling.

That Sean Michaels/Hulk Hogan match is hilarious, though. It would seem pretty unprofessional on Michaels' part if you didn't know how controlling Hogan was. I love how clearly confused and pissed off Hogan gets as he realizes what's happening.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Cyphoderus posted:

We already have a Russian submission! Maybe you can change your nationality to something else that also works?

You have many, many post USSR countries you can pick from after all.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
:eng99:

Sorry, didn't look hard enough in my attempt to get an app up asap (so I wouldn't hold anything up).

TheNabster posted:

You have many, many post USSR countries you can pick from after all.

Which is true, but I'm not going to pick them, since as stated, there is already a Russian wrestler and I want to give that Nationality some space to be unique. So I'm moving further west...

Hamburg, Germany. I already can imagine her thick German accent.

Will that suffice?

e: And I'm going to have to change her name to. Name change incoming to reflect her new Nationality. :p

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 5, 2015

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

thejoshie posted:

:eng99:

Sorry, didn't look hard enough in my attempt to get an app up asap (so I wouldn't hold anything up).

Which is true, but I'm not going to pick them, since as stated, there is already a Russian wrestler and I want to give that Nationality some space to be unique. So I'm moving further west...

Hamburg, Germany. I already can imagine her thick German accent.

Will that suffice?

Someone apped a German too, I think! I was gonna app a German but then I saw that and I was like "oh."

Spin the globe again~

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Austria isn't taken and might be a good fit for you. Also, should I add a pic to 238?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Someone Awful! posted:

Someone apped a German too, I think! I was gonna app a German but then I saw that and I was like "oh."

Spin the globe again~

Actually, I'll take the bump here. I can go further north without changing the gimmick too much.

Just need to change the names and the hometown.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
e: ^^^^ Disregard, I'
ll stay since Lazy decided to bump his character instead. Thanks dude. :D

MelvinBison posted:

Austria isn't taken and might be a good fit for you. Also, should I add a pic to 238?

As always, leave it to Bison to solve the problem (he has his own money, thus he's always right!).

Linz, Austria it is!

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 5, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Hopefully fully edited, added some finishing moves and a bit of story.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I love every single submission, but sadly we can't do a full roster game, with concurrent matches. How awesome would a big TG championship be?

These are the wrestlers I like best:
El Dragón Fuego, Memnon and Mikaela Winters as faces
Takeo Honda, Le Grande Mort and Margrethe Wolfram as heels

Next step is heat questions. Since there's 7 of us, it's gonna be hard to find a time to get together over an instant messaging system. We can try, though: I'm free most days from 21:00 - 24:00 GMT.

We're probably going to have to work it out through the forums. I'm thinking about a way to make it work. Does anyone have suggestions?

Also, for everyone who hasn't made one yet, I'd like to see a description of your signature finishing move! You aren't required to do it when using the Finishing Move Move, but it is something flashy that easily identifies you in the eyes of the audience.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Could get a time together and use IRC, maybe?

I'll get a finishing move going.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
With those hours it'll be tough- Fridays I'm off work though.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

IRC could work if people are able to just leave it open somewhere. Otherwise, we can just try to get things done here.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Dang. Oh well, it was an honor to be considered. GG everyone, see you in the peanut gallery.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Takeo's finisher is the Okinawa Running Spinebuster. He runs at his opponent, grabs, lifts, and spins them 180 degrees before depositing them on the mat spine first.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cyphoderus posted:

I love every single submission, but sadly we can't do a full roster game, with concurrent matches. How awesome would a big TG championship be?

These are the wrestlers I like best:
El Dragón Fuego, Memnon and Mikaela Winters as faces
Takeo Honda, Le Grande Mort and Margrethe Wolfram as heels

Next step is heat questions. Since there's 7 of us, it's gonna be hard to find a time to get together over an instant messaging system. We can try, though: I'm free most days from 21:00 - 24:00 GMT.

We're probably going to have to work it out through the forums. I'm thinking about a way to make it work. Does anyone have suggestions?

Also, for everyone who hasn't made one yet, I'd like to see a description of your signature finishing move! You aren't required to do it when using the Finishing Move Move, but it is something flashy that easily identifies you in the eyes of the audience.

I can do that time on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

I'd be available on Friday for the earlier part of that, and I could probably make at least some of that time on Saturday and Sunday. My schedule is somewhat wonky during those hours due to family stuff and work and such, but I can make it work for a one-time thing like this.

As for a finishing move, Memnon uses the ፈነከተ (pronounced "Fänäkätä"), a vicious attack where Memnon first stuns the opponent with a series of chops to the chest, neck, and head. He then raises his arms up and riles the crowd, then puts his hands to his thighs, kneels down, and shakes his head in a circle almost violently in a dancing motion for a few moments. Once finished, he grabs his opponent's hand, throws him into the ropes, and once they rebound back towards him, Memnon throws his head back and headbutts the opponent as hard as he possibly can in the opponent's face.

Lager fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 7, 2015

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
First off, thanks for having me. :D

Margrethe Finisher, The Blitzkrieg, was described in her bio. But he it is in more detail:

It's real name is the Kata Ha-jime. While it's mostly a pain hold known to cause quick tap-outs, it's also capable of knockout as well if held on long enough (technically, it's a choke-hold. Don't ask why it'a allowed in wrestling, it's one of those plot holes that is ignored). Very difficult to break out of once it's locked in** (and if it was easy to break out of, it would make a poor finisher, wouldn't it?)

The move itself is here

And here's the move when used in an actual wrestling Match (used by the guy known for it, Tazz (who called it the Tazzmission) here

**While it's not required, the 'locking in' of the Kata Ha-Jime requires to first apply the hold (which is often enough for the victory), then to pull the victim down to the mat and grapevine the legs around their body for leverage. You may have already seen this aplenty in the second video.

I'm off tomorrow and even though there is no guarantee that I'll be available, I can try to make it if there is an IM chat get together (it'll be 4pm-5pm for me.)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Le Grande Mort's finish is a springboard moonsault (ie, a moonsault done off the top rope), which he calls the Tightrope Moonsault. Something like this.

That time shouldn't be hard for me to make on any particular day.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Any plans for what day and time to give the questions a shot?

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Lager posted:

Any plans for what day and time to give the questions a shot?

Seeing as tomorrow is mother's day and we'll have trouble synching schedules during the week, I thought about doing it through forums, unless you guys are okay with waiting until next Sunday. I say let's just do it here and don't sweat it.

Phoneposting right now; later on today I'll make the heat questions post and the NPW roster.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Forums is fine by me.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Through the forums also works for me, yeah.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Alright, sounds good.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, that's cool. Should we just post the questions and answer them first come first serve?

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, that's cool. Should we just post the questions and answer them first come first serve?

Here's how I think is best. We know your Gimmicks, and from the number of players we know you're just going to ask all questions. So:

Heat Questions

Who was holding Mikaela Winters back as her tag team partner?
Who's trying to learn by watching Mikaela Winters in the ring?
Who's jealous of Mikaela Winters skill?
Who is trying to teach Mikaela Winters to be more of an entertainer?

Who always has El Dragón Fuego's back?
Who mentored El Dragón Fuego when he first joined this roster?
Who's ripping off El Dragón Fuego's style?
Who wishes they could do what El Dragón Fuego does?

Who did Memnon have to kick the poo poo out to show how badass he is?
With whom does Memnon have a reluctant alliance?
Who does Memnon think is a slave to management?
Who wishes they were as cool as Memnon?

Who did Takeo Honda debut with (and leave behind)?
Who's taken Takeo Honda under their wing?
Who's jealous of Takeo's Honda rapid rise?
Who has taken it upon themselves to teach Takeo Honda a lesson in the ring?

Who helped Le Grande Mort get to where he is now?
Who thinks Le Grande Mort is all smoke and no fire?
Who is trying to steal Le Grande Mort's approach?
Who's Le Grande Morte's fan, even though you're peers?

Who is Margrethe Wolfram keeping out of the spotlight?
Who is Margrethe Wolfram's protege?
Who is undercutting Margrethe Wolfram?
Who has no respect for all the work Margrethe Wolfram has put into this company?

Here's how we're gonna do this. Everyone, please pick 4 of the questions above and answer them with "Me!", then give us a very brief explanation to why that is so.
Every question should be answered only once and by only one character. This way, we'll have answers to all the 24 Heat questions.
Every time someone answers one of the questions relating to you, write their name down in your sheet and increase Heat by +1.
You can answer multiple questions from the same character, if you want them to start with higher heat with you.

After all of your questions have been answered, take +1 Heat with every wrestler from the opposite role as yours (faces vs. heels) and tell us what your Heat list looks like!

Cyphoderus fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 11, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Okay, here we go.

Who is trying to teach Mikaela Winters to be more of an entertainer? Me! She has potential to be a crowd-pleaser since everyone loves big slams and suplexes, but she needs to learn to work the crowd more.

Who helped Le Grande Mort get to where he is now? Me! We actually debuted as a tag team, but once he got popular he stabbed me in the back.

Who's Le Grande Morte's fan, even though you're peers? Me! I respect his ability in the ring, since our styles are similar.

Who is Margrethe Wolfram keeping out of the spotlight? Me! She feels that I'm just getting by on a popular gimmick rather than my actual skill.

Why yes, I am setting up a rivalry with Le Grande Mort, thank you for asking. I think it's good fit given our styles. Maxwell Lord, are you okay with that?

Current Heat:
Mikaela Winters +1
Memnon +0
Takeo Honda +1
Le Grande Mort +3
Margrethe Wolfram +2

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Cool with that. On phone now.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

Current Heat:
Mikaela Winters +1

Love the high flyer feud!

But Heat goes to the question asker, not the answerer. In your case, for instance, Le Grande Mort just got +2 Heat with you, but not you with him. You'd have to wait until people have answered Fuego's questions before we know what your Heat list looks like.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Who's trying to learn by watching Mikaela Winters in the ring? me! Her style is similar to mine but she's much more advanced.

Who's jealous of Mikaela Winters' skill? Also me! If this makes sense, I admire her but am also resentful that I'm not as good.

Who does Memnon think is a slave to management? Me! I got an automatic push from the start of my career and I've been very reluctant to speak up and make waves.

Who is undercutting Margarethe Wolfram? Me! Not intentionally but we work a similar gimmick, she's been struggling for years and I was handed a push.

Heat calculations later.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Who is Margrethe Wolfram's protege? Me. We're both women in what was until recently a man's world working styles that aren't easy on the body and take a lot of work in-ring. On-screen may be a different story, but behind the scenes, there's definitely a lot of teaching between the two.

Who always has El Dragón Fuego's back? Me. Despite the fact that all of his comments on being more of an entertainer, he's got his heart in the right place and is willing to put his body on the line all the time, which earns a lot of respect from me.

Who's jealous of Takeo Honda's rapid rise? Me. The man can barely string together a sequence without making others work to cover for him. He's not awful, but he's being rewarded for some great legacy for some corrupt Japanese wrestling family.

Who wishes they were as cool as Memnon? Me. He seems natural out there, doing whatever he wants to do. I can entertain the crowd with impressive sequences, but it always feels a little forced when I do promos.

Heat with heels: Wolfram, Honda, Morte

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Who's ripping off El Dragón Fuego's style? Me! The athleticism of luchador has always had a major appeal, which I may have begun to... borrow. Subtly.

Who did Takeo Honda debut with (and leave behind)? Me! We were both young rising stars in the business, but Honda's has been burning a lot brighter than mine. It's a constant frustration, but it also pushes me to work harder.

Who did Memnon have to kick the poo poo out to show how badass he is? Me! That was a rough match. A lot of posturing, a lot of talk about how he could beat death itself. And he didn't hold back, either -- those headbutts hurt almost as bad as they look like they would.

Who wishes they could do what El Dragón Fuego does? Me (again)! El Dragón Fuego makes his moves look effortless -- and graceful. I don't struggle, but I doubt I'll ever have the sheer skill in the ring that he does. I wonder what his secret is.

Editing with heat numbers in a sec. haha i lied

Heat with Faces: El Dragón Fuego, Memnon, Mikaela Winters

Faces:
El Dragón Fuego +3
Memnon +3
Mikaela Winters +1

Heels:
Takeo Honda +0
Margrethe Wolfram +0

Looks like I've got two rivalries cooking here: a semi-friendly one with El Dragón Fuego, and a... slightly less so one with Memnon.

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 10, 2015

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
#1 Who was holding Mikaela Winters as her tag team partner? ME!

This is one of the longest feuds in TWW. When Margrethe turned heel, this was the catalyst of it. Mikala and Margrethe were a tag team and (on-screen, mind you), Magrethe got jealous of Mikaela, paranoid that the woman was undercutting her, etc.

During a special Tag Team Tournament, Margrethe, after letting the woman wrestle the match by her self for close to twenty minutes (Margrethe was faking a knee injury in the corner) struck. When she was finally tagged in, Margethe put the exclamation point on the betrayal by catching Mikaela in the Blitzkreig, refusing to let go of the hold (she conveniently rolled herself and Mikaela out of the ring so that she could lose by countout).

Ever since then, these two women has all ways crossed paths at the oddest of times, and with it, years of rivalry.

#2. Who mentored El Dragon when he first joined the roster? ME!

El Dragon wasn't always El Dragon. He was just some generic Johnny nobody that Margethe helped. When he became El Dragon and his popularity shot through the roof, Margrethe is kind of refusing to move out of the way. After all, she feels he is not ready yet (ties in to the Heat question he has on me).

#3 Who did Memnon have to kick the poo poo out of to show how badass he is? ME!

Margrethe decided to help push Memnon by having him kick the crap out of her during a promo against (who else) Mikeala. The creative team likes Memnon's edge and needed to seal the deal to the audience by having him kick an established person's rear end. Margrethe volunteered, hoping to get yet another debt owed to her from the creative team and bookers (or at least have Memnon in her pocket in case she need a big win down the line).

Sawful beat me to it! :p

#4 Who's taken Takeo Honda under their wing? ME!

WARNING: Backstage politics incomming!

This is a power move more than anything else. She's not likeing the favoritism that Honda is getting backstage, and remembering what happened with El Dragon (see above), she took Honda under her wing. This time, she is a bit 'wiser' in that she will continue to make sure he stays 'under' her wing. This guy WILL not be champion before she is. drat that! She has paid her dues!

Current HEAT:
Faces
Mikeala Winters +2
El Dragon +2
Memnon +1

Heels
Honda +1

I'm okay with any storyline you guys can come up with, but be forewarned: Margrethe has a bit of Triple H in her. She wants to establish herself as a legend and if people won't get out of the way of that goal, she WILL attempt to bury them.

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 10, 2015

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Who thinks Le Grande Mort is all smoke and no fire?

Me! He might have some pretty impressive acrobatics skills, and his gimmick is cool, but he doesn't seem to be able to put the two together. There's just no energy to his wrestling.

Who is trying to steal Le Grande Mort's approach?

Me! While he thinks poorly of the Frenchman overall, Memnon is putting together a new gimmick based on mysticism that is largely ripped off of Le Grande Mort's schtick. Memnon has only told a few of his fellow wrestlers about this plan, but it's sure to get back to Le Grande Mort sooner or later...

Who has taken it upon themselves to teach Takeo Honda a lesson in the ring?

Me! Takeo Honda is a perfect example of the type of figure that Memnon's kayfabe gimmick lives to rail against! Not to mention that outside the ring, Rufael is irritated about Takeo's legacy status allowing him to rise far higher than Rufael feels his talent on the mic and in the ring merits.

Who has no respect for all the work Margrethe Wolfram has put into this company?

Me! Memnon has some issues with Margrethe. In Rufael's mind, wrestling is all about skills at the mic, and he feels that Margrethe has stagnated for very good reasons. He doesn't respect her, even if he's willing to work with her.

(Also, thejoshie, not sure if you want to take my last unclaimed question on or not, that's the only one that hasn't been taken out of the batch)

Lager fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 10, 2015

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, based on all of the above, Takeo's current Heat is:

(Heel) Le Grande Morte +1

(Face) Mikaela +2

(Heel) Margrethe +1

(Face) Memnon +2

(Face) El Dragon Fuego +1

And from all that my major goal is going to have to be proving that I deserve my spot.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

Alright, that's awesome. We've got a picture of what's going on with our roster. Only two things left:

First of all, everyone, make sure you know what your Heat list looks like, as those are stats you'll have to roll eventually.

Second, as that's the only question left, Margrethe and Memnon have a reluctant alliance. How did that come about?
(Memnon gets +1 Heat with Margrethe for the question)

Transintercontinental World Wrestling's booking department is hard at work polishing the next episode of the show. I'll try and post the game thread tomorrow so we can kick things off!

Meanwhile, let me recommend very heartily Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi from Wrestle Kingdom 9. It's a 5-star match!

thejoshie posted:

And here's the move when used in an actual wrestling Match (used by the guy known for it, Tazz (who called it the Tazzmission) here
You know... of all things, the one thing that's made me seriously go "what the gently caress, pro wrestling" is this lapel choke done without a lapel.
What the gently caress.

Cyphoderus fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 11, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Huh, my Heat worked out to what I had before. Weird. Assuming I didn't screw it up...

Current Heat:
Mikaela Winters +1
Memnon +0
Takeo Honda +1
Le Grande Mort +3
Margrethe Wolfram +2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Cyphoderus posted:

Second, as that's the only question left, Margrethe and Memnon have a reluctant alliance. How did that come about?
(Memnon gets +1 Heat with Margrethe for the question)

I'm kind of struggling with this one.

Off the top of my head? Maybe Memnon and Magrethe used to be part of a heel stable (Whether Margrethe is still a part of it, I'm not sure. I'll leave that up to creative). Memnon is now on his own, but the two has a grudging (on-screen) respect for each other.

quote:

Transintercontinental World Wrestling's booking department is hard at work polishing the next episode of the show. I'll try and post the game thread tomorrow so we can kick things off!

And I'm sure Margrethe is in most of those meetings. XD

quote:

Meanwhile, let me recommend very heartily Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi from Wrestle Kingdom 9. It's a 5-star match!

I second that motion.

Watch. That. Match.

quote:

You know... of all things, the one thing that's made me seriously go "what the gently caress, pro wrestling" is this lapel choke done without a lapel.
What the gently caress.

That, my friend, is the power of Paul Heymon. Him and Joey Styles got the move so over, you didn't have time to think of something as silly as a 'lapel'. :p

• Locked thread