Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Can someone explain to me why do we have people unironically praising Hatred in this forum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Alain Post posted:

Hell there's room for all opinions on this forum.

I realize this, and I admit that I have been overdramatic. I am just surprised that it found so many stalwart defenders considering that it is both mockable and downright immoral.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

we do?

but i mean there are definitely unironic racists, homophobes, and all manner of weird political and social cranks (fascists, anarchists, hardline marxists, etc) who post on these forums with a thin veneer of irony and other peoples' assumption that they must be joking as their only shield so

HELL, one of the mods was a pedophile!!!

Yes we do. There's an Hatred thread made by someone who felt the other threads talking about it were too focused on mocking it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

It's not even May, you wrong-coasted weed-addled badposter!

It's May here in Europe, that's close enough.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Motto posted:

I don't get why so many people got angry over Hatred. The reveal trailer was controversy-bait to a hilarious degree, but somehow people listened to that speech and got seriously concerned instead of laughing.

You know all that beautiful progress we have made as an industry, trying desperately to show the world that we are not, in fact, a bunch of manchildren that refuse to give up their toys and grow up, that videogames can be something more than mindless adrenaline-driven entertainment for hormone-overdriven teenagers?

Hatred decided to take a massive poo poo on all of that, while enjoying the sustain of GGers.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Motto posted:

How does some some random indie dev making a dumb shooty game ruin the grand reputation of electronic toys?

It doesn't, but it's a pretty gross strike against said electronic toys, and it happens in a situation in which it'd be really grand if this sort of childish "gently caress those sissy SJWs!" bullshit wasn't on the table.

I dunno, maybe it will be all forgotten two weeks after launch, but I would have much prefferred if the whole thing got nipped in the bud; meaning that the consumer base as a whole said "we don't want your edgy mass murder simulator", something like that.

Problem Sleuth posted:

It doesn't, he's just explaining the thought process of the people who get really mad about hatred existing. In their minds, it does.

Full disclosure: I am slightly mad. I am not going to lose any sleep over it, but it's something I wish found no legs to stand on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Motto posted:

You do that by not buying the game, not crying for it to get pulled like some people did, which is silly since it looks cheap as gently caress and in all likelihood nobody cares about it aside from the silly controversy it generated. It'll profit, but only because it's probably being made extremely cheaply, such that a tiny number of sales will make them money.

Of course I am not giving those chumps my money, it would be hypocritical of me to do this whole soapbox monologue and then encourage what I am criticizing to become popular.

• Locked thread