Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Avengers AGe gf Ultron was pretty great.

Not as great as that girl's rear end from the previous thread but still pretty great. Other than the Vision sucking.

uh linku~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

also :firstpost:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Midniter posted:

Tusen Takk, sorry for the wintergreen vaping comment from last thread. It was really just a poor attempt at ribbing you - lord knows I know how difficult it is to stop a nicotine addiction. My bad. My congratulations were heartfelt.

My beard comb came in the mail today, since this is the longest I've ever let it get and I needed something to tame it a bit. I just combed my face for like ten minutes and now it feels numb and tingly and amazing. It's addictive.

haha no worries dude, I didn't think it was that terrible though it did make me wish I had one lol

no hard feelings

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fucknag posted:

Question: when did this trend start on facebook of uploading viral videos in about 29p resolution with random clips edited in (like someone going "HOE DONT DO IT" or a baby laughing "at" the thing in question or whatever) instead of just the original video? Do people think stuff is funnier with "america's funniest videos"-style random wacky sound effects added in?

it started on Vine I think then you can share it from there

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

STR:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beach Bum posted:

Oh poo poo, look what I started :v:

Yeah :10bux: is totally fine, those are gonna be a hell of a conversation starter. Hell, I want four of 'em.

EDIT: Because I feel bad

code:
Username		Qty	Link
Beach Bum 		4	[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post444837875[/url]
Motronic		1	[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post444838043[/url]
STR			1	[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post444839965[/url]
Pham Nuwen		1	[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post444840221[/url]
Terrible Robot		1	[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post444841045[/url]
Galler			1	[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post444842076[/url]
iwentdoodie		1	[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post444843939[/url]
BrokenKnucklez		1	[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post444844022[/url]
Senior Funkenstien	10	[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post444844126[/url]
Professor Bling		1	[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post444844303[/url]
Ether Frenzy		1	[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post444844329[/url]
Ragnarok the Red	1	[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post444845225[/url]
Sinestro		1	[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post444845375[/url]
		Total	25

me too! one please

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I'm pretty sure that a popular upgrade for the TDI is to use the BorgWarner K04 turbo - the exact unit found in your MS6. You obviously need to do a big turbo swap for that so the K04 can find its rightful place in the VW. Now you're not dumping any money in the car.

Mods please namechange forums poster "Somewhat Heroic" to "Mostly Heroic" tia

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Her mother was a drunk and prescription pill addict who tried to kill herself 4 times in two years. I'm just a bit worn out because every time someone in our lives suffers a loss my girlfriend goes over the same "they got to say goodbye" speech. It is very exhausting.

Honestly idk how you would be able to contain your eyes from them rolling so hard

no offense but your gf sounds like a huge drama queen

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Motronic posted:

Because neither of them is a tarted up Accord.

:vince:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

It sounds more like his Girlfriend had totally disconnected from her mother due to her issues in order to preserve her own sanity and does not grasp the issues with other people's connection to their mother.

Which is perfectly understandable if you realize your mother/father/etc. is basically too far gone to save and want to save yourself the heartache of the coming slide into nothingness.

that is a much better hypothesis

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

in the span of a month rascal has tripled in size, going from 7lbs when I brought him home onApril 3rd or somewhere in there to being 21 pounds today

Vet is guessing 70-90lbs lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my coworker is 24 and he married his longtime girlfriend who was like 20 last year

just found out they're getting a divorce because she told him that she wants to spend her life with him but would like to "be with other dudes as well"

aka have all the benefits of being married to a successful dude while she is out slutting it up after her shift at the local men's sports hair salon with big tittied hair dressers place

He's taking it really well; if my wife told me that I wouldn't be able to get out of bed

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

T1g4h posted:

Oh, her excuse for it was even better. Apparently she was "picking ticks off him because he's from Texas and not used to how bad the ticks are up here." And she was bare assed because she had a mole on her leg or some poo poo? I don't even remember, her justification was hilarious. On the plus side, I know exactly what his car looks like, and it's real fuckin' obvious and stands out :v:

(Not saying I'm gonna gently caress with his car, just that I now know what to watch out for in case the dipshit decides to try something.)

I would text her and warn her of the dangers of Lyme disease

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

some texas redneck posted:

For what it's worth, "open relationships" work for some people, including married couples (an ex of mine and his wife are handling it pretty well, there's been shenanigans between me and him with her full consent, and she's been with a few people with his consent). I know several people in long term relationships (married etc) that have kept things a bit open now and then for 10+ years.

Not saying it's the norm (far from it), but for some people it does work.

I don't think I could handle it myself, I'm too jealous.

he's pretty religious and she was until she experienced wide open freedom with nothing holding her back

so while he's not too religious to know that something like that is irreconcilable and divorce her after a year, he's too religious to be okay with his wife bringing home the trendy STI's

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm stuck in The Witcher since I quit playing it in 2011 and idk if I should start over again so I can import my save to the Wother 2 so I can import that to the witcher three or if I should just say gently caress it and move on to the Witcher 2

Fuckkk

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You guys have me dying to see Mad Max :saddowns:

I've been working 58hrs/week and taking an advanced probability and statistics class so I've been crazy busy. I don't remember if I mentioned that I got the internship at Dassault that I wanted to get that's in the SysAdmin tract of my degree, and I'm hoping to be able to transfer to their Dev internship after November so I have on the job experience in programming as well as computer janitoring

I'm getting spoiled here, though. It makes me really dislike my Retail job, mostly because I start at 8a every day, leave for class at noon, come back and am done by 4p, then go to my retail job and work 5-9 or 6p-2a

Soon we'll have money to buy a house, I'm hoping it's the one I posted about before with the huge parking lot and barn, but there are some other possibilities that could work out too

Oh, and Rascal has tripled in size since we got him, going from 7lbs to 21lbs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tommychu posted:

I've got a $500 cart waiting for me to nut up and pull the trigger, and there's a few other bits I could add to use the whole thing. Are their credits transferrable though?

he could just order it for you and sent it to your address

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My new tires, which I can only assume were hand made to order at the Hankook factory, are finally shipping after 3 weeks.

What's the preferred way to remove Plasti-Dip? I need to either redo mine or get them coated before the winter and would like to know the easiest/best way to remove it.

I always use a solvent to get it off (like paint thinner) on a rag and it comes right off

That's on my rims where there isn't any paint underneath to remove though :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Darchangel posted:

Good lookin' pooch, there, sir. (He looks so serious!)

He likes to pretend he is a wolf

:3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

LloydDobler posted:

Here's my input: I had a gnarly ingrown once, it got super infected and swollen to the point where I couldn't wear my shoes anymore, too much pain. So I started treating the toe with salts and whatnot, and bought some sandals. I wore those until the ingrown toe went away. Yes, with socks, to work and out in public and everything. A month went by, and I went to put on my shoes and realized THEY WERE REALLY loving TIGHT. I'd been wearing a size too small for years, but I was used to the way they fit and liked them tight. I went up a size and haven't had an ingrown toenail ever since. And now I like my shoes roomy.

So I'm guessing you can't wear sandals but maybe try going up a boot size and see if it helps.

Yeah I had the same problem and was about to post this

Plus you know what big feet mean, right? :pervert:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rascal's favourite activity is shredding all of his squeaky toys. I've never had a dog with such a crazy prey drive :stare:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yeah he already murdered a Kong, plus he's gone through a pretty big rawhide. :rip: Lambchop and Cookie Monster toys

In other news, lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Previa_fun posted:

Seems legit. Can I borrow a hundo?

Also that hiking across America thread is hilariously sad.

I'm the Christian.simanski@germanuni.de lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Suck my oversized titanium balls, bitch

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

Suck my oversized titanium balls, bitch

Kiss my shiny metal balls would have been much better in retrospect

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gluten sensitivity has been proved to be "special snowflake syndrome" in the last month I think

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mooseykins posted:

I don't know what gluten is.

Always hear people talking about stuff like proteins/carbohydrates/saturated fats/gluten/lactose/etc.

Don't have a loving clue..

It's in wheat products and I think it's used as an additive in things to make them bind together

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

People with wheat allergies often eat gluten free and I could see how there is some confusion there by the only true blue gluten sensitivity comes from celiac disease

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Just got a call from the police!

Someone broke into my old garage and I guess the oval office of a property manager gave them my name as a suspect! And to make matters worse, I adamantly denied being anywhere near there last night (I was at a benefit concert) and then recalled that I did go pick up my girlfriend from her friend's place. Her friend that still lives there. That was an awkward call back. "Uh yeah actualu officer I was over there AND I'M TOTALLY NOT MAKING MYSELF LOOK GUILTY RIGHT NOW."

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.
If you're upfront and honest with them and make sure to call them sir at every chance you get in my experience this makes the interaction go much, much smoother.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I'm not native!

Also we're going to vacation in Florida this fall I think. You should send me your resort details.

Actually, you're going to jail fucker

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Have you thought about lawyering up against the complex management? Sounds like both libel and harassment.

in the us it's not illegal name who you think could be guilty, and she could claim that to her it made sense since he used to rent the place and they have a history of hostility/whatever you want to call it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nm posted:

This is why you NEVER loving talk to the cops.

Are you loving kidding me?

I never did drugs so the only thing I ever got hassled for was hanging out in parking lots with my car and the only thing cops did was pull me over :v:

They have massive egos and the more you "respect" them the faster they gtfo

Again, ime. Also Aussie cops are quite different except nazis about speeding so idk

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Apparently the avatar limit is now 100kb not 150 :(

What the gently caress

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Oh it's always been 150x150 and 100kb, I was confused too

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

why has nobody bought this yet???

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Just got back from seeing Mad Max AND HOLY poo poo IT IS PERFECT IN EVERY loving WAY

a movie actually lived up to he hype holy loving poo poo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Ok dating older women definitely has it's advantages. She contacted me first, chatted with her for a while last night and this morning she says lets grab lunch. Time for some ice cream :dance:
is that what the kids are calling it nowadays? :pervert:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Is that all GM trucks of that year or just the SS model?

Just got outta Mad Max. loving awesome.

I think it's just the Trailblazer in general from that vintage, I've never heard of someone having good luck with those cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

http://kotaku.com/the-vehicles-of-mad-max-fury-road-in-shiny-lego-form-1706740949

• Locked thread