Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I wish we had this thread before AJ Hawk went to Cincinnati. Either way, I'm glad he's gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
My least favorite player is Peyton Manning. Has owned KC (6-0) since coming to Denver, and knocked the Chiefs out of two playoff rounds as a Colt. I respect the guy's skill but I can't wait for him to leave the NFL. And I don't love watching him play like, say, Tomlinson or Charles Woodson, I just want him to retire.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Dominic Raiola is gone, finally. Dirty player, homophobic douchebag. His tenacity, the most admirable quality about him, also meant that we couldn't get rid of him for years.

Richard Sherman is a raging rear end in a top hat egomaniac, but also easily the most tolerable Seahawk, because at least he is a damned good player and sometimes has a sense of humor. Doug Baldwin has twice the chip on his shoulder and a tenth of the talent.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I have spoken on this topic at length and have nothing more to say on the matter

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

The Eagles have made the playoffs a bunch of times and went deep once with DeSean there, they've had very good offenses with DeSean there with him obviously contributing to it and he's put up numbers against good defenses and in high leverage situations before. Much better receivers than DeSean have experienced less team success so I don't see where all the "What have your teams ever done" talk would make sense. If all he has is speed than how come other receivers who are just as fast haven't done nearly as well? And either there's been like 2 defensive coordinators in the league since DeSean came in who are 'worth their salt' or it's not as automatic as you think it is.

There's always gotta be that one poster that comes into rant threads trying to ruin everyones fun by trying to argue against rants

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

hatred doesn't need logic or reasoning and there's no wrong answer when it comes to hating some rear end in a top hat

like kyle boller for instance, who is bad and made a hobby out of shortening todd heaps career every sunday

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Peyton Manning is an overrated rear end in a top hat and I enjoy laughing at him every time Tom Brady loving smokes his rear end

11-5 head to head and three more rings, Peyton! He was drafted five rounds later than you!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The only thing funnier than watching Peyton's rear end get crushed by the Pats/Bengals this year was watching Manziel's failure reach the point of performance art

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Ray Lewis/Terrell Suggs in equal measure for being violent psychopaths that the loving media fawns over.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Alter Ego posted:

Ray Lewis/Terrell Suggs in equal measure for being violent psychopaths that the loving media fawns over.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Dang I thought this was a least favorite player on your own team. Am disappointed

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

SA2K posted:

Dang I thought this was a least favorite player on your own team. Am disappointed

You're welcome to read my post about Kroy loving Biermann.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chilichimp posted:

You're welcome to read my post about Kroy loving Biermann.

I did! It was good. Later I will post something about Johnnie Troutman

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

br*d st lou*s

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

SA2K posted:

I left it vague so we could do both! I encourage many rants about many players!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Parmesan Basil posted:

I left it vague so we could do both! I encourage many rants about many players!

Word.

I'm with Ross in that I was hoping to read about lesser known bad players... there's a disturbing lack of effort posts going on here, though.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
I don't think you could find a Bama fan whose least favorite player on their own team isn't always "the kicker"

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
gently caress Kyle Boller. I wonder what Todd Heap could have done with a real QB.

Also, who was that Saints safety/CB like 7 years ago that was statistically worse than having nobody there?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Going with the easy target here..

Growing up as a kid in Northeast Ohio my father pretty much would plan out Sundays to watch the expansion era, Butch Davis era and pretty much every other era awful Browns with me. We'd crank the radio up to hear Jim Donovan and Doug Dieken to call some really horrible football, along with some heartbreaking losses. I can recall being very apathetic about the Steelers because I kind of viewed teams at the Titans, and Ravens as bigger rivals. Really, Why shouldn't I at the time? The Browns had actually played the Steelers fairly well pre-2004, and I had rarely came across any of their fans in my slice of Suburban Ohio. This was Tribe, Buckeye, Browns and soon to be Cavs country.

2004 came and it's my freshman year of high school. My first year actually playing football. I seem to remember there was buzz during October and September about this QB from "Ohio" playing for the Steelers, and began to notice an influx of a number of kids wearing Steeler jerseys. Only they wern't the type of kids you'd expect being hard core football fans...they were, band geeks and nerds. Not the "cool" type of nerds mind you that you could discuss comic books, and classic video games with, rather idiots that loved rocking "SYSTEM OF A DOWN", "LINKIN PARK", and "DISTURBED" shirts during the first part of the week that wasn't friday, when they'd all show up proudly wearing Steeler gear.

Anyways, this garbage began to get worse and wore as the next couple of years wore on. The idiot himself almost led them to a Super Bowl in his rookie season, and the douche off was on in my neck of the woods. I can remember hearing week in and week out the STUPIDEST discussions I can ever recall from these "fans". Ranging from bitching about Tommy Maddux and Charlie Batch to claiming that Hines Ward was the best defensive player for the Steelers. This was all pretty much caused by the fact that the fact that some QB happened to be located within the same state as I, allowed them to jump ship. "MY AUNT WAS A STEELERS FAN AND FROM PITTSBURGH" would be the excuse every. single. time.

February 3rd through February 6th of 2006 was pretty much football fan hell. I walked in to find a wide array of idiots wearing Pink Polamalu jerseys with terrible towels tucked into their pants talking about the game. Even had some guy lie his rear end off about how he was "There last night" in the vain of the "MY UNCLE WORKS FOR NINTENDO" guy we all know and love. At that point I was considering a switch to be a Colts fan, but it was some weird point me, and my friends all wanted to spite these people, so to this day? I've stuck with this stupid excuse for a team ever since..

As for the man himself? Not only did he inspire a group of Ohio Benedict Arnolds within the greater Akron-Canton region, but the man also seems to magically embody everything you could possibly hate as an Ohio/Cleveland sports fan. This is a kid that ironically grew up over in Lima yet chose to not support the Bengals, or Browns, decided to not play for Ohio State as a tight end (A DREAM for most kids I knew that played football), but also seems to mimic John loving Elway in terms of his style of play. He always seems to find a way to pull a win out of his rear end at the last second in a very similar manner. To top it all off? Dude treats women like trash. Two allegations of rape and a gray dick do not make for a good person.

He pretty much embodies all I could really hate in a professional athlete.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I was going to write about Miles Burris but he got cut today so instead I am going to celebrate.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

E_Motion posted:

Also, who was that Saints safety/CB like 7 years ago that was statistically worse than having nobody there?
Jason David

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
*utters the name Christian Ponder

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

So, have at it! Who is your least favorite player on your favorite team?

glad we stuck to this rule for about 2 posts

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
It pissed me off so much when The Blindside came out and everyone though Michael Oher was good because of the movie.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
I was considering doing an effort post but then I found a better one.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2jex90/whats_wrong_with_matt_kalil_i_broke_down_every

Seriously I loving hate Matt Kalil. And the Vikes signed the option on his contract and I'll have to watch him risk Bridgewater's potential greatness on every play.

gently caress this guy.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

commy gun posted:

I hate Nick Foles because people were convinced he was good after he padded his stats against lovely defenses. Boy is he a steaming pile of average.
Nick Foles is a beautiful man and I'll not hear you besmirch his good name :colbert:

He's gonna lead the Rams to the promised land and it will be heartbreaking to watch him play for the Rams :smith:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

I'd like Nick Foles on my team...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Nick Foles has giant mutant hands and it's all I see when I his pictures come up since I noticed it.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Nick Foles is an upgraded version of Mike Glennon

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Also Matt Elam, because he loving sucks

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.

Grittybeard posted:

Nick Foles has giant mutant hands and it's all I see when I his pictures come up since I noticed it.

Better to have giant mutant hands than tiny hands...

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jimmy Clausen you dumb babyheaded spikehair Notre Dame quarterback shitfest, you're not fit to be the middle finger Jay Cutler uses to insult people.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

I hate Kent Graham. Why? I don't know. But gently caress him.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Finally, let's end this up with something no one can argue. Alex Smith is the most boring man alive. On and off the field. Anybody got an interesting Alex Smith story that isn't "saw him in a Home Depot once"? If you're going to suck, then at least be funny about it.

My best friend saw Alex Smith at the gym. Smith was hogging the bench press, texting instead of lifting. My friend asked if he could use the bench and Smith told him to gently caress off. Seems cool to me.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Homestar Runner posted:

Below is a compilation of TFF posts I've made over the years, selected entirely at random --

Andre Caldwell. Not even once.

You know what I really dislike about Andre Caldwell? He looks like he should be a really good player. You watch him play and you think he should be an all-time franchise great , but then he just delivers absolutely nothing. At least if he fumbled all the time or dropped passes all the time you convince yourself he has potential or something, but he brings nothing to the table.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Dominic Raiola once snapped the ball on a play that was either going to draw the defense offsides or be a timeout

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Chichevache posted:

My best friend saw Alex Smith at the gym. Smith was hogging the bench press, texting instead of lifting. My friend asked if he could use the bench and Smith told him to gently caress off. Seems cool to me.

Oh so he's a jerk too? Of course

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Whoever the left tackle for the cardinals was like 2 or 3 years ago. He was so bad febreeze made me a cardinal hanging himself. gently caress that left tackle.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Parmesan Basil posted:

Oh so he's a jerk too? Of course

Better update the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Homestar Runner posted:

Below is a compilation of TFF posts I've made over the years, selected entirely at random --

Andre Caldwell. Not even once.
Andre Caldwell actually owns.

• Locked thread