Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Ben roethlisbarger is the devil. I hate watching him so much that I can't even enjoy watching Bengals victories against the steelers. I just grimace and watch him shrug off sack after sack. He is the only player I actively root to see injured.

Brandon Tate is my least favorite active Bengal and it's not close. Dude is absolute mediocrity at everything he does. Cincy fans are more excited to see our starting cb risking injury on kickoff and punt returns because he might actually do something with the opportunity. He can't catch well and dropped like fifty passes at least in our latest playoff loss. He can't get yac if he manages to actually catch one. Finally and most infuriating IMHO the coaches unconditionally support him, and we just resigned him. I'm surd he's a nice guy but I hope Mario Alford puts him out on his rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I really hate Riley Cooper because he disappears whenever we need him to actually catch passes. Also he is a racist.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Anaranjado posted:

Ben roethlisbarger is the devil. I hate watching him so much that I can't even enjoy watching Bengals victories against the steelers. I just grimace and watch him shrug off sack after sack. He is the only player I actively root to see injured.

Brandon Tate is my least favorite active Bengal and it's not close. Dude is absolute mediocrity at everything he does. Cincy fans are more excited to see our starting cb risking injury on kickoff and punt returns because he might actually do something with the opportunity. He can't catch well and dropped like fifty passes at least in our latest playoff loss. He can't get yac if he manages to actually catch one. Finally and most infuriating IMHO the coaches unconditionally support him, and we just resigned him. I'm surd he's a nice guy but I hope Mario Alford puts him out on his rear end.

The worst thing is having the steelers in a 3rd and long situation, and before the ball is even snapped you know the fucker is going to convert it. After the snap you get your hopes up as one of your linebackers has him dead to rights but is just shrugged off.

The biggest moment of dread is after he's shrugged off a tackle or five and starts scrambling around, because you can just feel the incoming 30+ yard touchdown.

I seriously feel more at ease when having the Steelers at a 3rd and short situation.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Sour Diesel posted:

The worst thing is having the steelers in a 3rd and long situation, and before the ball is even snapped you know the fucker is going to convert it. After the snap you get your hopes up as one of your linebackers has him dead to rights but is just shrugged off.

The biggest moment of dread is after he's shrugged off a tackle or five and starts scrambling around, because you can just feel the incoming 30+ yard touchdown.

I seriously feel more at ease when having the Steelers at a 3rd and short situation.

when one of our front seven has a straight line to ben I just know for a fact he's doing to shrug it off, sometimes recently they've been able to haul his idiot rear end down and i am always surprised

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Josh Norman drives me absolutely loving insane. He has occasional moments of brilliance, but for the most part, he talks a ton of poo poo without backing it up and will sometimes even ruin his own success by being a flag machine. It feels like a teammate is constantly having to drag him away from somebody, and I've even seen Thomas Davis tearing into him during games. I think he's really overhyped within the Panthers fanbase and there's not a player on the roster that works my nerves more (Byron Bell could've qualified, but fortunately he's gone now).

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

Everything about Roethlisberger's career is sincerely infuriating and the 3rd and long completions are like a microcosm of his hosed up bullshit nfl career.

The only reason he started was because Tommy Maddox got hurt, he probably would have sat for a couple years otherwise.

The Steelers don't win Super Bowl XL if Carson Palmer's knee doesn't get busted, if Mike Vanderjagt had put down the bottle just for one day, or if the refs werent in their pocket in the super bowl to make a feel good story for Jerome Bettis (ok that one didn't matter much but gently caress you!!!!), all this while Ben puts up the worst performance of any super bowl winning quarterback.

We're also spared his career if he:
-got his head splattered all over some pennsylvania backroad in that motorcycle accident
-got charged with sexual assault
-got charged with sexual assault, the second time

and then that stupid santonio catch against the cardinals

gently caress im salty

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Charlie Batch would have let that team to the Super Bowl if he stayed healthy, hth

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I for one cannot wait for that sasquatch to be retired by a high low hit by any one of the AFCN front 7.

Edit: is this how the AFCE feels about Brady?

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Flikken posted:

I for one cannot wait for that sasquatch to be retired by a high low hit by any one of the AFCN front 7.

Edit: is this how the AFCE feels about Brady?

Even when Tom Brady did die on the field the Patriots still won 11 games with Matt loving Cassel. So I can only imagine that if an AFCE team does manage to disintegrate Tom Brady, Jimmy Garoppalo will inherit his essence and win for another fifteen years.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Everything about Roethlisberger's career is sincerely infuriating and the 3rd and long completions are like a microcosm of his hosed up bullshit nfl career.

The only reason he started was because Tommy Maddox got hurt, he probably would have sat for a couple years otherwise.

The Steelers don't win Super Bowl XL if Carson Palmer's knee doesn't get busted, if Mike Vanderjagt had put down the bottle just for one day, or if the refs werent in their pocket in the super bowl to make a feel good story for Jerome Bettis (ok that one didn't matter much but gently caress you!!!!), all this while Ben puts up the worst performance of any super bowl winning quarterback.

We're also spared his career if he:
-got his head splattered all over some pennsylvania backroad in that motorcycle accident
-got charged with sexual assault
-got charged with sexual assault, the second time

and then that stupid santonio catch against the cardinals

gently caress im salty

it sounds like you're mad, to me

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

football fuckerman posted:

i'm

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

He should.

Being mad Salty is undervalued, IMO.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Even when Tom Brady did die on the field the Patriots still won 11 games with Matt loving Cassel. So I can only imagine that if an AFCE team does manage to disintegrate Tom Brady, Jimmy Garoppalo will inherit his essence and win for another fifteen years.

Pittsburgh spent the 20 years between Bradshaw and Roethlisbereger going to the playoffs virtually every year with quarterbacks of Matt Cassel quality, so you may be right

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Pringles up in here I swear.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I'm not ashamed to be caremad.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I'm not ashamed to be caremad.

The truest way to enjoy football is to be mad at unjust and evil teams ala the Steelers.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Parmesan Basil posted:

The truest way to enjoy football is to be mad at unjust and evil teams ala the Steelers.

You would bend over and suck your own rear end in a top hat for a rapist qb if it meant losing Alex Smith

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You would bend over and suck your own rear end in a top hat for a rapist qb if it meant losing Alex Smith

parmesan basil is cool because one of the players on his favorite team murdered the mother of his children and blew his brains out at team facilities, yet his team is not evil by his own rubric, so he's disingenuous from jumpstreet

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
ESPN the Magazine had like a 10 page article about how great Jimmy Clausen was before the draft. It was propaganda so tight Leni Riefenstahl had to give it props. When the Panthers drafted him I thought we were getting the next Joe Montana after reading that article. I told all my friends it was on this year, Clausen was the steal of the century.

The only thing that got stolen was his salary. My friends busted me on it constantly. I have hated him ever since.

Luckily these same friends said I was crazy for wanting them to draft Cam over Blaine Gabbert so they don't get me for it anymore, but man, that article, I talked like Peyton 2.0 was gonna take the field.

Maybe I should watch 25 snaps of college football if I am going to pretend I know what the hell I am talking about when it comes to the draft.

I don't really hate any current players on the teams I like. Sure the Panthers offensive line is offensive (boom-tisk) but the players just suck. They aren't shitheads or anything, they just suck total rear end.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

You're evil for this.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

parmesan basil is cool because one of the players on his favorite team murdered the mother of his children and blew his brains out at team facilities, yet his team is not evil by his own rubric, so he's disingenuous from jumpstreet

every nfl team has terrible people on them but to qualify as evil they need to have a lot or one super evil person. seriously its not hard

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

every nfl team has terrible people on them but to qualify as evil they need to have a lot or one super evil person. seriously its not hard

Yeah, man, Belcher needed to off at least 2 more people to bump into the super-evil category.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

pretty sure that murder ranks higher than rape in just about every western culture's mores, so again suck it perennial losers

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

the brain damage guy on the team i root for killed his wife. but, get this: it's ok, because then he killed himself.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

pretty sure that murder ranks higher than rape in just about every western culture's mores, so again suck it perennial losers

I disagree with this point, but the Chiefs are Def more evil because their stadium has literally been splattered with brains. Literally. For real.

And Big Ben at least wasn't raping in the stadium.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

last time I checked he didn't get a fuckton of money after that like your pet rapist so maybe quit being so mad when your team is accurately called out as foul and awful! If you're mad at me for being correct then maybe you should take a long, deep look at yourself!
d-link with either not respond to this post or he will make a bad ironic post like "cool story bro" or "nice post"

That number seems low. I think Search is on the fritz still.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Speaking from experience are we?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

last time I checked he didn't get a fuckton of money after that like your pet rapist so maybe quit being so mad when your team is accurately called out as foul and awful! If you're mad at me for being correct then maybe you should take a long, deep look at yourself!
d-link with either not respond to this post or he will make a bad ironic post like "cool story bro" or "nice post"

That number seems low. I think Search is on the fritz still.

Speaking from experience are we?

you didn't correct me at all, bro. you're caught in a logical fallacy of your own design, and i like agitating it *ruffles your hair at the bald spot*

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

you didn't correct me at all, bro. you're caught in a logical fallacy of your own design, and i like agitating it *ruffles your hair at the bald spot*

It took you six minutes to drop the "u r the mad one" bomb even after the rss feed you have set up for people who insult the Steelers (a team which harbors rapists and proponents of domestic violence) went off.

a bad poster

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Ribsauce posted:

ESPN the Magazine had like a 10 page article about how great Jimmy Clausen was before the draft. It was propaganda so tight Leni Riefenstahl had to give it props. When the Panthers drafted him I thought we were getting the next Joe Montana after reading that article. I told all my friends it was on this year, Clausen was the steal of the century.

The only thing that got stolen was his salary. My friends busted me on it constantly. I have hated him ever since.

Luckily these same friends said I was crazy for wanting them to draft Cam over Blaine Gabbert so they don't get me for it anymore, but man, that article, I talked like Peyton 2.0 was gonna take the field.

Maybe I should watch 25 snaps of college football if I am going to pretend I know what the hell I am talking about when it comes to the draft.

I don't really hate any current players on the teams I like. Sure the Panthers offensive line is offensive (boom-tisk) but the players just suck. They aren't shitheads or anything, they just suck total rear end.

I had an embarrassingly buttmad reaction to us drafting Jimmy Clausen and I stand by it to this day.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

It took you six minutes to drop the "u r the mad one" bomb even after the rss feed you have set up for people who insult the Steelers (a team which harbors rapists and proponents of domestic violence) went off.

a bad poster

You have a real bad case of the GBS Delusion, my dude.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
back on subject

shonn greene is probably the worst back ever to get paid a $10 million dollar contract (4.15 mil guaranteed)
in a combine 2 seasons all he has to show for it is 687 yards and 6 tds on 171 carries.

how does a player convince a team to give him that contract but can't convince the team to give him touches? i'll tell you why it is because he is terrible. he is a powerback that can't convert on short yardage situations. while in the goal line it would be more beneficial to run cj2k up the middle than him. how is a 230+lb man worse in than a scatback in short yardage situations :psyduck: not only that but he can barely get into a rotation that includes dexter mccluster and leon washington. shonne greene is the absolute worst and i hate him for it.

p.s. gently caress ruston webster for signing him

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
D link is a good poster despite the fact that he used to post in the worst forum, v2 b1tch

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ribsauce posted:

lmfao

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

You must have brain damage or something dude straight up. I'm sorry but christ almighty.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

D link is a good poster despite the fact that he used to post in the worst forum, v2 b1tch

:respek:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

You have a real bad case of the GBS Delusion, my dude.

dang I was a post off in predicting you would ironically sidestep! Aw, I'll get better about that!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

dang I was a post off in predicting you would ironically sidestep! Aw, I'll get better about that!

hey man, if you wanna spend your mid 30s developing some weird Dad philosophy about good and evil as it relates to the NFL to make you feel better about your feckless fandom, that's really kind of cool in a turbo nerd kind of way.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Parm b wants to try on gimmicks like Frank Caliendo impressions until he lands on one that elicits the barest of chuckles or more likely the sincere responses of better posters so he can feel like he's better than them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

It's better to spend the majority of your time talking about how much you like things you like instead of how much you hate things you hate, imo.

• Locked thread