Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I can either have the Technic Launcher working, or FTB. FTB needs some weird options set up in the system environment variables, and whatever I set there stops blightfall from running, so it's one or the other :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

So I can either have the Technic Launcher working, or FTB. FTB needs some weird options set up in the system environment variables, and whatever I set there stops blightfall from running, so it's one or the other :(

What options? Maybe I can figure out what we can do to help.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

30.5 Days posted:

What options? Maybe I can figure out what we can do to help.

I have to add a system environment variable in Options called _JAVA_OPTIONS and then set that to -Xmx256M when I do that, FTB works fine, but it doesn't work in the Technic Launcher, so I tried moving it to 2048 which made blightfall to work, but crashed out FTB.

(I have no idea what these options do, or if I can set them to work inside the launcher.)

e: The EnderStorage folder in the world save just corrupts for no reason, and isn't fixed unless you delete it (which causes you to lose everything in EnderStorage.) So a quick heads up if the server just stops launching or whatevs.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 5, 2015

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Turtlicious posted:

I have to add a system environment variable in Options called _JAVA_OPTIONS and then set that to -Xmx256M when I do that, FTB works fine, but it doesn't work in the Technic Launcher, so I tried moving it to 2048 which made blightfall to work, but crashed out FTB.

(I have no idea what these options do, or if I can set them to work inside the launcher.)

e: The EnderStorage folder in the world save just corrupts for no reason, and isn't fixed unless you delete it (which causes you to lose everything in EnderStorage.) So a quick heads up if the server just stops launching or whatevs.
You can set these in either launcher. There is a command line options thing in settings or java options line.

-Xmxnnnn sets maximum memory allocation.

256M is also a really small amount of ram and no modern mod pack will run with that much. At the same time, allocating something like 2 gigs to the launcher is kinda silly. So definitely don't set an environment variable for this.

First thing to do is make sure the launchers are using 64bit java as the default. Second thing to do is make sure at least 2gb of ram is allocated in the launcher options:

In technic there is a "Launcher Options" in the top right. If you hit Java Settings you can see the java version it's using, the memory allocation (at least 2 GB for most modpacks), and you can set Java Args (like -Xmx but you shouldn't need to use it here because you can set the Memory option).

In FTB there's an "Options" tab near the top right, and you can set the RAM Maximmum there. Near the bottom of that tab it shows the java version used in an unclear way and you can hit advanced options for command line parameters and selecting a java exe.

Thankfully we're in the 1.7.x world so you don't have to mess with command line parameters anymore unless you're running a server. And Java 8 works. Yay.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 5, 2015

The Journey Fraternity
Nov 25, 2003

I found this on the ground!

Datasmurf posted:

So, is there a server coming, Stealth? I need my OMP-i fix, and single player keeps crashing.

You too eh? For me it's anytime I hit R on something in NEI.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now I'm having a different issue all together, "The state engine was in incorrect state SERVER_STOPPING and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded."

e: whatever it is, I'm on the technic IRC trying to work it out there.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 5, 2015

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious posted:

Now I'm having a different issue all together, "The state engine was in incorrect state SERVER_STOPPING and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded."

e: whatever it is, I'm on the technic IRC trying to work it out there.

Fixed it, by using a new world and copying over the region files for beta and gamma, HeroQuest and CustomNpcs

It was caused by a corrupted region or something IDK.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I tried the good ol' copy/paste my save from my laptop to my desktop with Blightfall, and all I got was a crash with NullPointerException, and it doesn't point towards any particular mod. All my mod/modpack versions are matched between the two, so I'm not sure what the hell caused it.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any machines in enderio or thermal expansion that will flatten a large area?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Reason posted:

Are there any machines in enderio or thermal expansion that will flatten a large area?

No. Botania can do it, so can buildcraft.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Taffer posted:

No. Botania can do it, so can buildcraft.

Ohh what in botania will do it for me?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Reason posted:

Ohh what in botania will do it for me?

Rod of terra firma

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i've got a rod of terra firma right h oh gently caress wrong thread

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010

The Journey Fraternity posted:

You too eh? For me it's anytime I hit R on something in NEI.

Yeah, trying to view recipes in NEI crashes my OMPi single player too.
Stack Trace:
http://pastebin.com/qwz3b3Qr

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I'm having trouble with NEI. I'm using the latest version for 1.7.10, and it shows no items. The GUI is up just fine, but no items show up.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Glory of Arioch posted:

I'm having trouble with NEI. I'm using the latest version for 1.7.10, and it shows no items. The GUI is up just fine, but no items show up.

Most likely, one of the mods you have loaded is using the NEI API improperly, which breaks it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Serifina posted:

Most likely, one of the mods you have loaded is using the NEI API improperly, which breaks it.

Eek -- that is going to be a major witch hunt. Guess I got some work to do -- thanks :)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Man there's really nothing to motivate you to learn the nuances of AE2 like "oh gently caress I just broke the AE2 network someone made and have no idea how to fix it"

Twenty minutes of frantic wiki reading later, it's fixed :shobon:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

It's honestly kind of impressive how quickly we got to the late game. I was farting about getting a CV node up and went to bed (stupidly with the node in my inventory) and the next morning there's already an alchemy station, a CV node and a full fledged AE storage network set up :v:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
We're largely post-scarcity at this point, we got an awakened ichorium pick going today and raided the bedrock dimension. I tried and failed to get thaumic autocrafting going (though we have mundane autocrafting going pretty strong), I have no idea why the arcane assemblers I made will plug into the network but read device offline - I don't think it's a channels problem because the rest of that chunk of the network isn't shutting down :shrug:

Is there any way to do mundane (ie base AE2) autocrafting pattern storage that doesn't involve making an ME Interface for every ~8 recipes you want to use, or a molecular assembler per recipe? Seems kind of obtuse and awful, tbh

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

door.jar posted:

Yeah, trying to view recipes in NEI crashes my OMPi single player too.
Stack Trace:
http://pastebin.com/qwz3b3Qr

Thaumcraft NEI was the culprit, mod dev in particular in his own words "I refuse to work with any NEI other than the reccomended, please downgrade." So gently caress him.

E: Added Thaumic NEI, a nearly identical duplicate with a dev who is willing to do something other than bitch. :V

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 7, 2015

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Some more updates for MPS today:

Omniwrench now uses code ripped off of Redstone Arsenal (CoFH) so it should dismantle machines safely as well.

EnderIO capacitor recipes should be fixed, but they'll require you to re-gen the recipes (simply set "Auto-extract recipes" to true in the config and delete the old recipe files).

Recipes will no longer duplicate themselves every time you reconnect to a server without restarting the client (or under any other circumstances).

The 'detailed summary' frame in the top right of the tinkering interface now does something relatively useful: Tells you your total weight (and armor and energy capacity) for all equipped items, and marks it in green if it's under the limit, red if it's over. Weight capacity is now configurable.

You can now click the scrolling arrows instead of using the mousewheel (I wrote the code to do this before but somehow hosed up the order of operations, so it was checking for mouse clicks after updating the scroll amount for that tick... :downs:)

Fixed the localization for mod-specific modules (aurameter, apiarist armor, hazmat, etc.) so they should have their descriptions back.

Magres posted:

Is there any way to do mundane (ie base AE2) autocrafting pattern storage that doesn't involve making an ME Interface for every ~8 recipes you want to use, or a molecular assembler per recipe? Seems kind of obtuse and awful, tbh
No there is not. It's a more modular replacement for the huge multiblock crafting computers of AE1. It fits nicely in my wall and imo looks pretty okay:

Maybe you're using it wrong? If you're worried about resources at post-scarcity, then you are weird.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 8, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Magres posted:

make an interface terminal so you can access all your autocrafting slots at once from a central location

this is also why you name some of your ME interfaces so you know which ones are which

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Clairetic posted:

Maybe you're using it wrong? If you're worried about resources at post-scarcity, then you are weird.

I more had it in mind for playing with my girlfriend where we're at like stone, maybe iron tech and I want to get AE2 shinies up asap because they're such a big quality of life improvement. I can deal with limited autocrafting until we get rolling, though!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

yeah don't worry too much about autocrafting at all and just get a me drive and some crystal growth accelerators and a crafting terminal

that alone is quality of life+++ and you can sperg out about autocrafting later

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Glory of Arioch posted:

yeah don't worry too much about autocrafting at all and just get a me drive and some crystal growth accelerators and a crafting terminal

that alone is quality of life+++ and you can sperg out about autocrafting later

Ideally with some alternate recipies for fluix crystals and CPUs.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Alkydere posted:

Ideally with some alternate recipies for fluix crystals and CPUs.

honestly, i went through the early parts of AE setup just this afternoon (started a new server with some friends this weekend) and I didn't really have any complaints

the trick is to ignore pure crystals when you're starting off

i didn't even try to make pure crystals until I had 2 or 3 accelerators online

now i have a basic ad-hoc network with a drive full of 1k cells and a crafting terminal and 5 accelerators just making GBS threads around my 1x1x1 big reactor + leadstone energy cell (plus the inscriber/charger)

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Glory of Arioch posted:

honestly, i went through the early parts of AE setup just this afternoon (started a new server with some friends this weekend) and I didn't really have any complaints

the trick is to ignore pure crystals when you're starting off

i didn't even try to make pure crystals until I had 2 or 3 accelerators online

now i have a basic ad-hoc network with a drive full of 1k cells and a crafting terminal and 5 accelerators just making GBS threads around my 1x1x1 big reactor + leadstone energy cell (plus the inscriber/charger)

Honestly Pure crystals isn't really that much of a deal other than how clunky it is to pick up stuff in your inventory and throw it out to "craft" stuff, either the fluix or the pure stuff. The real frustration for me is the imprinters. Frustration that would be vastly reduced if they could hold a stack greater than one.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Using block-style Interfaces with Assemblers is kinda a bad idea to be honest. You can fit 5 panel-style Interfaces around each Assembler, giving you 40 possible slots each.

The reason you'd use block-style ones is if you were crafting huge numbers of things at once and wanted the most assemblers possible doing the crafting.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 8, 2015

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

Alkydere posted:

The real frustration for me is the imprinters. Frustration that would be vastly reduced if they could hold a stack greater than one.
I find it's better to just use thermal expansion ducts, servos, and filters for this.

My system is a little overkill; you can get it going with just the tin itemducts and iron servos/filters, and fewer of such. Don't even need an ME network except to supply power.

Just dump materials in the chest; the servo pulls them out and the filters make sure they go to the correct inscriber (or the correct side of the combiner inscriber). The interface just has recipes of the form gold ingot+redstone+silicon = completed logic circuit, so it dumps the materials in the chest and TE handles the rest, pushing them directly back into the interface once completed.

Each filter has a single-item whitelist (except the combiner, which has one for each of the 3 types of printed circuits). The servos are on default settings with redstone low.

Same deal with charging certus:

Just set a whitelist on the servos and dump a stack in there and go do something else.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 8, 2015

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
There's a really good AE2 mod that adds Advanced Inscribers or whatever they're called that can hold stacks and I think (?) automatically switch to the correct press and then combine, and a crystal growth chamber block that's 6 of them that you can pipe in and out of.

It rocks.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Automating inscribers is pretty easy once you figure it out.

You just need 5 of them is all: one for each press, one (or more) for the end processors. The press ones just need power and an interface on the left (your left while facing the front of them) and an import bus on the right, while the presses are in them.

The one (or more) that makes the processors requires two export busses: one on the left, and one on the top or bottom. The one on the left exports Redstone, the other exports silicon bases, and then an interface with the processor recipe goes on the top or bottom. I find this ideal because the autocraft system can then make exactly as many as you need for what you need, with no waste (you will need to force the crafting of the silicon bases though). Acceleration cards in the inscribers helps a lot, too.

Edit: Charged Certus can be done the same way too, just as in Clairetic's post. Interface on one side, Import Bus set to accept charged certus on the other.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 8, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

when i'm automating inscribers I just export gold/diamonds/pure certus/silicon to their appropriate hooberjobbers and slap an export-only storage bus on each one

then i export redstone and printed silicon to a fifth and put the me interface on top with all the recipes (which only contain the printed gold/diamond/certus bits to the finished product)

64 diamonds in hock? it's nothiiing, i'm on it in a day (probably)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Someone on my server was talking the other day about a 6 accelerator setup for crystal growth.

Anyone got any ideas? I know you can get the crystals out of the closed chamber with a botania hopperhock, and assume that's the plan to get them out. Could you get them in with a rannuncarpus? I feel like the rannuncarpus only does things with items that can be placed in the world as blocks, but I'm not positive.

Alternately, something with a piston to move the top accelerator as a botania open crate drops seeds?

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 8, 2015

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Magres posted:

Someone on my server was talking the other day about a 6 accelerator setup for crystal growth.

Anyone got any ideas? I know you can get the crystals out of the closed chamber with a botania hopperhock, could you get them in with a rannuncarpus?

Put 3 accelerators on either side of a flowing strip of water. Drop seeds into the top of the water flow with a formation plane with a fuzzy logic converter, they flow down into an annihilation plane and are sucked into the system. Eats energy and is generally slower growth than doing it normally, and may create a visual bug that spews the visual representation of seeds that don't actually exist everywhere, but is 100% automated.

Edit: The formation plane should drop vertically, or against the flow. If you drop down the line it will fling the seeds at the annihilation plane and there's a good chance you'll get the visual bug.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Sep 8, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Put 3 accelerators on either side of a flowing strip of water. Drop seeds into the top of the water flow with a formation plane with a fuzzy logic converter, they flow down into an annihilation plane and are sucked into the system. Eats energy and is generally slower growth than doing it normally, and may create a visual bug that spews the visual representation of seeds that don't actually exist everywhere, but is 100% automated.

I'm pretty sure they had an idea in mind where you have 6 accelerators around one water block and insert and remove crystals from there.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Magres posted:

I'm pretty sure they had an idea in mind where you have 6 accelerators around one water block and insert and remove crystals from there.

Not sure how you'd get the crystals into that. I do know my automated treadmill idea works, I've used it before.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

Magres posted:

Anyone got any ideas? I know you can get the crystals out of the closed chamber with a botania hopperhock, and assume that's the plan to get them out. Could you get them in with a rannuncarpus? I feel like the rannuncarpus only does things with items that can be placed in the world as blocks, but I'm not positive.
That's correct.

Magres posted:

Alternately, something with a piston to move the top accelerator as a botania open crate drops seeds?
Why not just a sticky piston + formation plane?

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 8, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Magres posted:

you can do it with the help of botania

the spectranthemum can teleport items dropped nearby a short distance (say, into the water surrounded by 6 accelerators) and a hopperhock can pick up items on a whitelist using item frames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Clairetic posted:

That's correct.

Why not just a sticky piston + formation plane?

Very true! Though I really like the idea of teleporting crystals in and out, so I'll probably try Arioch's idea w/ the Spectranthemum