Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

The server that I'm currently playing on uses Optifine, but it's causing a poo poo ton of visual bugs and generally making a lot of people mad. What's a good replacement for optifine that will help improve performance/give better visuals without being a buggy piece of poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Glory of Arioch posted:

just uninstall optifine

you can add fastcraft which might help some

ducttape posted:

Fastcraft works much better than optifine for me, but from what I understand it depends on your computer

E:f,b

Thanks. I'll install fastcraft and take out optifine.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Ok, so I'm having another problem. I'm setting up a server mod list and so far it's been going ok. I've downloaded the mods I want, and began trying to run the game through the Technic launcher. Each time I do, I get a message telling me that I need some other mod or core file or whatever, which is fine. I download that file and move on. However, I got to a point where the game tells me I need CoFHCore 1.7.10R3.0.1 minimum, and so I download the CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.0.3-303.jar file. Once I install that, the game crashes on startup before it loads fully. I pasted the crash report here. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

ImpactVector posted:

Looks like Extra Bees is blowing up. Someone else is having the same issue: https://bitbucket.org/binnie567/binnie-mods/issues/346/alveary-load-crash

Though I'm guessing it's actually something changed in Forestry, since that version of Extra Bees has been out for a few months already and Forestry updated two days ago.

So, I should probably grab the older version of forestry then, or leave out the extra bees. Cool, thanks!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Ok, so I found out that a ton of the plugins and poo poo for Forestry are for version 1.6, when I want everything to be on 1.7.10. So I took all of the addons for Forestry out excluding Forestry itself, and now when I try to start the game I get an error about mod sorting cycles or something, with this crash report.

EDIT: I tried taking out Forestry itself and any other jar files that had been added or modified today, and it now crashes on load. [url=http://pastebin.com/nCJU8PUp]Here's the crash report for that, if it helps.

EDIT2: Actually ignore everything you see above. I am stupid smart and forgot that I backed up my folders when i left off last night, so at most I lost like 20 minutes of tinkering with poo poo and nothing important. Go me.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 24, 2015

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, it occurred to me and the other guy I'm working with that instead of building a mod pack from scratch, it might be easier to start with an established modpack and add/remove stuff as needed. To that end, does anyone have recommendations for good ones? We're not sure if we want a specific theme for our server, and so far it's been a mish-mash of tech and magic things. A lot of our prospective user base likes to branch off and do their own thing, so having a wide variety of mods to play with is always a plus.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Bhodi posted:

That's pretty much what the various tekkit packs are for. Might want to check out the feed the beast packs as well!

Hmm. We're going to be using the technic launcher, so I'll check their packs out then.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, while I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but the last server I was a member of, the thing got clogged by the fact that it had over 15k entities, a few very large reactors, and some other things like botania's mana spreaders and the like that were in general causing lag. On the server I'm helping to set up, this is a major concern for me, since we obviously want as lag-free a time as we can get. We've decided we're going to go with a slightly modified 1.7.10 modpack for our server, so what should we know for keeping stuff like that in check? My main idea is to remove Big Reactors from the mod and add Opis, but obviously that doesn't cover anything else. Are there any mods I should add in or things I should be aware of for this sort of issue?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Glory of Arioch posted:

BigReactors shouldn't be lagging very much, it's designed to be pretty friendly to servers. The main thing is to set maximum reactor sizes to a sane setting, and don't let folks continually pump new water into a reactor. Turbines and reactors can transmit water and steam between each other if their inlets and outlets are touching, and eventually the reactor will stabilize and not need more water.

Make sure to use a recent version of Botania, also. Passive flowers are set to decay after a while, which is an immense performance boost. The reason mana spreaders cause lag is because people would make tens of thousands of them to collect mana from hundreds of thousands of the bottom tier flowers. If your users need ideas on how to collect mana more efficiently, check my post history (the question mark button) and on the last page or two there will be some of my mega-sperg Botania posts. I'll link them when I'm not on a phone later.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

the megasperg posts are here (Corporea), here (flowers1), and here (flowers2), and they're good, and powerful, and my friend

Thanks for these. I haven't read the links yet, but I'm gonna try keeping in Big Reactors and cut the allowable size down to 1/4th of the default. Who thought it was a good idea to make it so you could build 32x32x48 reactors?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Yeah, some of that stuff killed the last server I was on.

So, I'm trying to modify the 1.7.10 modpack to use as a base for the server I'm working on. One mod I wanted to remove from the modpack was Galacticraft. I deleted the jar file, the configs, and the folder for it in the modpack, but when I launch the game, between hitting the Play button in the technic launcher, and the game window popping up, a warning will pop up asking me if I want to install Galacticraft. I want to get rid of that check, but I can't find anything that would call for it. Where do I find it and/or what do I do to get rid of it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was missing a jar.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 26, 2015

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, I've never run into this particular crash error before. What's the error and how do I fix it?

Taffer posted:

You shouldn't need to cut down reactor sizes. I've run servers where people (me) built literal arrays of huge reactors + turbines and the lag it created was negligible compared to other things.

Botania is fairly laggy when sparks and spreaders are spammed, encourage people to keep the numbers of those down when possible. Large numbers of flowers are usually fine unless someone builds fields of dayblooms. Use opis and cauldron on the server, and fastcraft on clients. Entities are far and away the biggest causes of server lag, so keep farm sizes down. Mods these days are pretty good about keeping lag down but edge cases can always be a problem. Pipe loops shouldn't be a big issue anymore, but encourage people to use AE in place of pipes when possible. AE is basically the king of optimization in the MC modding world and even gigantic sprawling systems will probably outperform a single vanilla mob.

Hoppers are massively optimized when using cauldron, but are still not great. AE or TE pipes are still a better alternative lag-wise. It's just mobs that are the big problem. Huge mob farms, or huge spawner/grinder/cursed earth setups will always be the bane of servers and that's always what you should target first to reduce lag. Just don't put buildcraft on a server. It is Bad with a capital B. EXU transfer nodes can be really cool for specific setups but are probably the worst offenders of pipe lag besides TE, so if you have them on your server try to keep them to a minimum.

But again it's mobs. I can't stress enough about how it's mobs. A single chicken swimming in the ocean will oftentimes dwarf the lag that a single large base creates. It's hard to over-stress how terrible mobs are on servers.

I'll definitely remember to keep that in mind. I haven't heard of Cauldron, so I'll likely add that to the modpack with the first revision. I have yet to use Opis from an admin's position, so I'm hoping it becomes more useful for things like that once I do. I could barely read out what was causing lag on the server as a regular player.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

What are the go-to mods for ops/admins? I know about Opis, but I'm wondering what else I should add into the admin pack for my server?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Taffer posted:

cauldron which allows you to use bukkit mods. Then get worldedit and worldborder, they are The Best

Can forge mods be installed on a server that has Cauldron installed on it? The modpack we're going to be using is made entirely with Forge in mind.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Fortis posted:

Cauldron is Bukkit with Forge, so you're good. Cauldron is a replacement Minecraft server JAR.

Cool. My next question then is about exactly how the files need to be laid out. Installing Cauldron on the server put a Libraries folder in the main directory, along with 3 jar files. Do I just copy all the folders for the modpack into that same directory as the libraries folder?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, I'm tyring to get the server started, but it keeps crashing on load. The crash log tells me it's got something to do with the core file for Project Red, but I have no idea why it wouldn't be able to read the file. All of the project red related jar files are at the latest release version, so I'm at a loss on what to do to fix the issue. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: The other part that's giving me pause is this, specifically:

quote:

[15:09:29] [main/WARN] [FML/]: Missing @MCVersion: aroma1997.core.coremod.CoreMod cartfixes.asm.LoadingPlugin codechicken.core.launch.CodeChickenCorePlugin cofh.asm.LoadingPlugin atomicstryker.dynamiclights.common.DLFMLCorePlugin fastcraft.LoadingPlugin codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader mrtjp.relocation.asm.RelocationPlugin ic2.core.coremod.IC2core invtweaks.forge.asm.FMLPlugin ivorius.ivtoolkit.IvToolkitLoadingPlugin chylex.java7check.JavaCheckerCoremod logisticspipes.asm.LogisticsPipesCoreLoader mekanism.common.asm.LoadingHook mrtjp.core.handler.CorePlugin codechicken.nei.asm.NEICorePlugin openblocks.OpenBlocksCorePlugin openeye.CorePlugin openmods.core.OpenModsCorePlugin com.dynious.refinedrelocation.asm.LoadingPlugin xreliquary.common.asm.DepLoader thaumcraft.codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader thaumic.tinkerer.preloader.ThaumicTLoaderContainer codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader

I have no idea if that's important, but nothing else on the log shows any sort of warning that I can discern. I got nothing at this point. Someone please help me out here.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 28, 2015

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, this isn't a modding question, per se, but I wanted to have RTG on my server, but either it's broken or I can't figure out how to configure it to work with the 1.7.10 server. I figured I could work around this by creating a separate modpack that was only different in that it had RTG in it, start up a local SSP world, generate the world, then upload it to the server. I did that, uploaded the map, and then the server shat itself with a mile-long error dump that I couldn't even get a pastebin copy of, it was that long. Am I missing something? RTG only effects terrain generation on the overworld, so if I'm using Worldguard to limit the size of the world to what's generated and just uploading what I have, it shouldn't be an issue, right?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Taffer posted:

Installation

Thanks, but it turns out that wasn't the issue, and I fixed it shortly after I posted the question, as always. The issue was that I have witchery on my server, and it messes with villages, and I needed to turn that variable off in the configs for RTG to make it work.

I do have one last question though. Back when I was having all the server crash issues, I had to get Akliz support involved to help out with the problem. One of the things they did was update Forge, and ended up getting rid of the Craftbukkit.jar file and installing a KCauldron.jar file. Currently, the server is running smoothly on the Forge 10.3.4.1517.jar file. Could we switch over to the KCauldron.jar file with no issues and run Bukkit plugins that way, or is there something else we would need to do?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Threep posted:

You can't install vanilla Bukkit and Forge on the same installation, Cauldron is specifically a project to make Forge mods work on a Bukkit server so yes it's what you want.

Thanks to Minecraft drama it's in legal limbo but get a 1517 version here.

Cool, thanks. So just grab the latest version of KCauldron, set the server to run that, and then I should be able to run Bukkit plugins alongside my forge mods, correct?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Is there a good mod for pulling the biome layout of a map out and displaying it? Voxel maps does a great job in game, but I want to be able to export the layout as an image, or upload the map somewhere and have it display as an overlay.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Well, I'm glad that went through before we officially started up the server I've been working on. Should I just be able to switch out the jar file and have the mod be updated, or will this require a complete wipe and restart?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

You guys do realize that you can hook EnderIO conduits to a mana exchanger and pump the mana into a portable tank, right? I believe with standard numbers pre-this-recent-change, 1 mana pool held 1 bucket or 1000mb worth of mana. You can absolutely just hook the tank to an empty pool, set 1 flower of each type to output individually to the pool and measure the output by looking at the tank after X amount of time.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So... I completely forgot to set up PermissionsEX when we let the server go live. I read the wiki and know how to set it up, but I don't know where to go to get lists of the various permissions for each group. Do I have to go to each and every mod and manually add them? Because I have like 200 mods in the pack.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So hey, I'm on my server, and I want to change a section of the map from Outback to something more green, like Jungle or Plains. I know I can use Worldedit to do that, but when I try to pull up the biome list, it's blank. Does anyone know why that is? I did try setting the biome to plains, but it said "For parameter 'basebiome': can't recognize base biome type 'plains'" Google isn't helping me figure this out at all right now.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Fortis posted:

I've always had better luck editing biomes on the fly using the WeatherMan plugin.

Thanks, this looks like it'll be perfect.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Meskhenet posted:

I think i asked on the goonrun Disasterpiece Theatre server to be whitelisted, Havent checked or tried to log yet, but their mod list looks pretty good.

You haven't yet, but please feel free to do so! We've got almost every mod that's been mentioned recently, outside of the big modpacks obviously, and I really think it strikes a good balance between magic and technology mods.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I'm not sure this belongs here, but I'm not sure where else to ask it. My server has Computercraft and Railcraft, along with Open Peripherals. I'm in the process of making a train station with a destination selection screen. What I want is to have options on the screen that can be selected, and have a confirmation button that will print a ticket from a ticket machine for the last selected destination. I can get the individual selection buttons to print a ticket using booleanInfo = TM.createTicket("A"), but I'm not sure what syntax to use to print a ticket using data from an existing variable. Anyone got any ideas?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, so our server runs Railcraft. I know that by default, that mods sets it so that all carts can't be stacked higher than 3 in inventories and chests. I changed the config option to set the stack size to 64, and now all the Railcraft carts stack to 64, but not the standard vanilla ones. Does anyone know why that is? Did I miss a config option somewhere?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

neogeo0823 posted:

Hey, so our server runs Railcraft. I know that by default, that mods sets it so that all carts can't be stacked higher than 3 in inventories and chests. I changed the config option to set the stack size to 64, and now all the Railcraft carts stack to 64, but not the standard vanilla ones. Does anyone know why that is? Did I miss a config option somewhere?

So, I hate to be persistent, but does anyone have any ideas on this question? Were trying to build a rail system that pulls carts and engines from an enderchest. Currently, none of the engines stack, the railcraft carts stack to 64, and the vanilla minecarts stack to 3. It'd be much better if we could have a couple stacks of 64 of each type of cart, even if we can't stack the engines.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

SugarAddict posted:

I think railcraft changes the cart crafting recipe so instead of it coming out as the vanilla ID cart, it comes out as the railcraft ID cart. So trash the vanilla ones and spawn in railcraft ones, unless I'm missing something and we aren't talking about the carts made with 5 iron ingots.

Actually, as far as I know, the railcraft mod only allows you to make the vanilla itemID with alternate recipes that use either steel or copper. I don't have a Railcraft-only standard minecart, just the normal vanilla ones.

Apart from that, I've got another bug question. I've got a program that I run through computercraft that calls upon an api for making buttons on a screen. The programs work perfectly fine if I reboot the computer, but if I have the program running, unload the chunk, then come back to it, it freezes until the computer's rebooted again. Does anyone have any idea what causes that, or do I need to have a chunk loader included with this?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

AFAIK you need a chunk loader. I distinctly remember all the little programs I wrote going to hell when I walked away from them. IIRC it will launch startup in the root by default when the chunk is reloaded. So you can have it start your script up in there. For maximum robustness, you'd want to make the script something like a loop whose state is saved early and often, and it just works off of that state. So that way, it can resume in the middle of some complex calculation without much harm. I did not try it too much, but if you can run your stuff as coroutines, and just raw serialize all that state to disk, you'll probably be safe without having to really declare special data structures.

Hmm, yeah, the script that I'm having issues with is pretty much an API to get a touchscreen effect, then another script that actually runs on startup that has a ton of functions and the only continuously looping bit of code being
code:
while true do
  getClick()
end
It was odd that it stated freezing when I implemented it into actual use, since it worked fine at my testing area. Maybe it's because the actual use area is the spawn town.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Mzbundifund posted:

Question: I'm trying to mass-produce the alternate stone types in Botania (forest stone, swamp stone, etc). I've got an igneous extruder emitting infinite stone to a Minefactory Reloaded block placer, autoplacing it next to a marimorphosa, which turns it into a special stone type. So far so good. The issue is harvesting said block. Using a MFR block breaker turns the block into, say, forest cobblestone instead of just forest stone. Sure I could pump that forest cobble into a furnace to smelt it into forest stone before storing it, but based on my setup it's a little less clean and awkward.

Do you guys know any one-block block breaker type of thing that mines using silk touch?

Autonomous Activator with a silk touch pick?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So hey, I'm having a bitch and a half of a time getting OPIS to work on my server. Apparently MobiusCore just doesn't wanna work with all the mods I have. I already have Clearlag, but it only helps to show what chunks are lagging the server, which isn't helpful when the chunk happens to contain a giant tower of stuff that could be the problem. Is there anything else out there that has the sort of organisation of OPIS, where it shows me exactly which blocks are causing lag, as well as info on entities and other interesting things? I don't need a map or anything fancy, I just want it to work for 1.7.10, and for all the modded crap I have.

EDIT: Also, what's the recommended map renderer for when I wanna show people what my overworld currently looks like?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Taffer posted:

Post logs and remove ClearLag. Nothing else does what opis does.

Why would we want to remove Clearlag? It's obviously not essential, but it does seem to help us out in some situations. We don't really have logs of anything specific that I know how to pull, just things like random slow-downs, periodic block and chat lag, and the like. We auto-restart the server twice a day, and for the most part, we're pretty much completely lag free, it's just these weird random spikes we get a couple times a day, that we'd like to pin down.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

lolmer posted:

There's Sampler (linked in the FastCraft section under "Extra tweaks/tips, Sampler 1.58") which works best when both the client and server have the mod. Similar to Opis, but not as good.

Did you use the MobiusCore-1.2.5-KC3.jar that StealthArcher posted in your Disasterpiece Theater thread? I've used an older Opis/MobiusCore on the Modderation: Permabanned/FYAD servers and while I eventually time out when using Opis, I can get some data out of it. It works best when you have a less latent and faster connection (e.g. LAN instead of WAN) to the server.

For server maps, I believe almost everyone uses Dynmap for Forge. I have it directly host the servers from the Minecraft server itself, but you can also use nginx/apache/whatever to host the files elsewhere as long as you can sync the web data.

EDIT: Also CoFH has commands that can help track down issues, such as cofh tps to see what dimensions (say if you're using Mystcraft or RFTools) are using up the most ticks.

I have some notes I posted for Modderation (and NST before that) which can help your server and your players, if you want. The Java flags seem to help my clients and servers, but I never did gather any formal metrics to prove it. ;) Don't give your Java instance (server or client) too much memory as then Java's Garbage Collection (GC) just has more work to do, more often, which causes latency spikes. More memory on your server itself is good for file caching. Having drives with fast write IOP/s is good, especially when generating chunks; Minecraft loves to write data. Often.

I did in fact use that very version of MobiusCore, but it crashed the server before it could even generate a report every time. This is why I can't post logs, unless you know of a different way to get them. I'll check out Sampler and Dynmap this weekend and see how they work out. We host the server through Akliz, so I'm not sure how to add the java args to the that, but I can definitely give people directions on how to add them to their client.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

While we're thinking about Disasterpiece Theater, I go Dynmap working, but the web browser shows a blank black dimension whenever you visit it. If you hover the mouse to open the right hand menu, then you can select the overworld surface map and display that just fine. What do I change in the config files to make it display that view automatically every time someone visits the link to look at the server?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Ok, Dynmap's giving me a serious headache. The configs are impenetrable and the documentation reads like stereo instructions from the late 80s. We have a bunch of dimensions, and we want renders for all the "standard" ones, like the Overworld, The End, the Nether, Twilight Forest, the witchery ones, etc., but NOT for the random RFTools dims people have been creating. I don't know how I did it, but I somehow caused Dynmap to delete every dimension entry except The End and the Nether. After loving with it all afternoon, I'm pretty frustrated at it. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Here's the Forgeworlds.yml file. It did have all the dimensions listed in it until I changed something. After it cleared the list, I added an entry for the Overworld, but then it was deleted on server restart.

Here's the Configuration.txt file. No clue what most of this poo poo means.

And finally, here's the Worlds.txt file. I don't think I changed any of this, but hey, I don't even know anymore.

Nevermind, I got some help from a couple goons on the server. The map is now displaying all the needed dimensions, thank god.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 18, 2016

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, so after we installed Dynmap and Sampler, we've been getting lots of TPS and block lag. I'm pretty sure it's dynmap, so I'm wondering if there's any way to reduce its strain on the server any. Also, as of this afternoon, our server has been periodically crashing. Here's a pastebin of the latest crash log. Can someone please help me decipher it and fix the mess?

Also, and this is far less important, we keep getting "[Server thread/WARN]: Skipping Entity with id" in the console. It happens maybe once every minute and a half to two minutes. I only really started noticing it since we installed dynmap/Storage Drawers/Sampler, but might have started after we installed Malisis Doors prior to those other mods. Googling around tells me that something is trying to spawn an entity with a specific ID, but since that entity doesn't exist, it skips it. However, this isn't giving me an ID to follow, so I don't know what to do.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 20, 2016

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Taffer posted:

For Dynmap, comb through the config file. It's HUGE and kind of a mess but the important stuff is labelled and described in a pretty straightforward manner - there are lots of settings relating to how aggressive it is at re-scanning chunks. Set it to only be active if tps is above 19, certain number of players online, certain waiting period between rescanning, etc.

For the error, ignore it. MC spits out tons of stupid errors that won't impact you, this is one of them.

I tried messing with the config last night. In all honesty, we're likely going to remove it from the server. I probably didn't dial back the features enough, but it had been running our server at ~300% CPU for the last couple of days, and the moment we turned it off, the CPU load went down to ~80% and the lag was gone. We already have Voxelmap for local mapviewing, we just wanted something to provide us with a periodically updated render for people to see how the server has changed over the last month.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, this morning, our server crashed. It was brought back up by the automated system, but I'm wondering what caused it to crash. here is a pastebin of the crash report. Am I reading it right, that the crash was caused by a player logging out? I can never make sense of these crash reports, but I'd like to know what caused this one, in case it's something I can fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Playstation 4 posted:

On a phone so hard to read it all but, it looks like someone was in a bed, and logged out in it. Morpheus, a sleep plugin promptly threw a fit.

I'll look again when I get home.

That's probably what it is. We have LOTS of random disconnects with our server and we have no clue why. It's hosted on Akliz, and the server usually just reports that the client lost connection. It happens with everyone regardless of physical location, and sometimes seems to happen worse than others. I'm debating getting rid of the Morpheus mod anyway, since we have never ever gotten enough people to sleep in a bed to make it morning, and most people have just learned to deal with it.