Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone always asks for it, so I guess it's my turn.

Everything and the kitchen sink mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alright I went with goon fave OMP-i. Now I just need to find a cheap server host.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vib Rib posted:

Honestly, the best "kitchen sink" modpack I've played lately is Resonant Rise 3 on the ATLauncher. Now I did do a lot of tweaking to it, adjusting some configs, pulling out or adding some mods just to polish it off, but the custom modlist it has for you to pick through when you install it is really interesting. I've put more time into that than any other modpack of late that didn't have like a skyblock-style quest progression (Blightfall, Agrarian Skies, Regrowth, etc). It's fun running through all the different angles that mod gives you.

I hate using other launchers, can you rehost that one on the Technic Platform?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone used HQM to make tutorials for the really popular Tech / Magic mods?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Adventure Backpacks are amazing and every mod should have them.

Those and inventory pets.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also if you're doing an insane amount of work... HQM quests to walk us through progress trees and how to use certain mods.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Play on OMP-I but wait for the update in 2 - 3 days

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stealth Archer, make sure you add portal guns to ompi thank you.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OMP-I is taking forever to load, is that something new? Or is there an issue? It's been about 30 minutes now, so I'm thinking it's something with the update and everything having to initialize once?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

m2pt5 posted:

Is it compatible with NEI yet?

Does it still do server check to see if you're banned from the mod?

Does it still have DRM?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gilok posted:

I saw that mod in Technic and I've been wondering which of these two is true, since I know they didn't model all howeverthefuckmany pokemon there are.

a)They use sprites they stole from Nintendo

b)They modeled like 12 Pokemon and that's what's in the mod

c)Pokemon do not exist as entities, and are only inventory items or notes on a sheet. For art for these, see a.

No there's a ton modeled, like in the 400 range, and they are emulating the pokemon battle/breed system perfectly, using the same exact formulas from the game.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cerepol posted:

Which I think is a waste. Why would I want to play some turn based combat in a large open world with Pokemon's everywhere

because it basically makes a pokemon mmo, and then you can make your own gym and gym badge.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vib Rib posted:

Cerepol has it right: why emulate that? I guess I like the childlike whimsy and the packrat collectathon appeal of a land brimming with weird collectible monsters, but the combat in Pokemon sure leaves a lot to be desired. Now that you have a full 3D world to explore and all these pokemon modeled in it, all I could think was "why would you stick that dated turn based combat in?"
But then I guess Minecraft's actual combat leaves as much or more to be desired in the first place so hey, I guess it's a bad choice either way.

There are no mobs, and you don't have to fight, so you can go around earching for Zapdos or Gyarados or whatever.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In Omp-I as soon as you have iron, twice cook it for steel Skip your way to the top of the pick tree.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BJPaskoff posted:

Is OMPi supposed to take 15 minutes to load since the update? I thought it'd be a one-time thing after I updated it, but this is the second time and it's taking forever. God help me if this crashes.

I have this issue as well.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Should I wait for it too boot? I'm currently 18 minutes in, and 98 / 234 mods are loaded.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StealthArcher posted:

Turts, just how terribad is your computer, honestly.

E: Seriously, nobody is having load times like this. Is this a 2004-era toaster or what?

E2: Are you allocating an actual amount of RAM? You need at least 2GB and should give it 3. Or are you stuck with an unbelievable amount, like the Xbox One the third Xbox?

Another person stated they had the same issue. Not two posts ago.

I have a Lenovo y410p

The Cpu is an I7-4700MQ
The video card is Nvidia 755m
I've got 8 gigs of ram.

The game is still loading right now, It's on 2 Loading Entity Renderer, and it's been about 40 minutes.

http://pastebin.com/5WgZnQJY

Here's a log, I'm going to quit out and see if something is wrong with my settings.

E: I have 4 gigs of Ram given on my system, and 8 gigs total, I'm using java U_45. Task manager says that the game is only using 2 gigs of ram to boot, but that's normal for me.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 20, 2015

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chrisf posted:

The ftb reddit has similar posts of other modpacks with loading issues, apparently some version of forge has an issue where it gets stuck in a loop if you're viewing the window while it attempts to load. Try minimizing the window and see if it loads faster?

At first I thought this was typical computer snake oil, and then it loving worked.

drat.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, also launch it minimized it loads like 500x faster.

E: Is there an xinput mod for minecraft? Specifically modded minecraft?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magmarashi posted:

Ok, so, maybe I'm just stupid about this stuff but..wouldn't skipping 1.8 present the exact same issue as converting to 1.8? I'm not aware of any system changes they made in 1.8 that are going away in 1.9, so they would still have to convert everything anyway.

By looking at what's needed to upgrade from 1.8 to 1.9 they'll be able to better decide whether its worth it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or that one mod that turned the bottom layer into a huge catacomb with flat bedrock and water / dungeons everywhere?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh my god, i sometimes forget minecraft is a game for children.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have a good replacement for XACT crafting? It was this little blueprint thing that hooked up into NEI and would let me craft things straight from the blueprint.

e: NEI tends not to work for whatever reason, it also stopped items from falling out of the crafting table.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Found what I was looking for and I want it in everything

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2425847-xact-1-7-10-port

I've never used a cyclic assembler, but this mod didn't require power, so I could use it in the beginning to set up machine frames and the like since those are hard to remember.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 08:44 on May 24, 2015

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When I add mods to a mod pack, how do I stop technic from removing my mods? (When said modpack updates.)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The thing about Gregtech and IC2, is that it was never meant for single player. I mean in it's first iterations when it was fun, yeah it had a SSP focus, because mods weren't used for multiplayer back then, but then people were running SMP servers, and when they all worked together they'd burn through all the "content" in a few days.

The bullshit came with that, the idea was that there would be a single reactor for a "town" or a group of players, not just one. Add on top of that Servers with "donation" shops, where people would donate and then get a reward, greg and IC2 were pushed into being more grindy, that way server owners could drain their people dry.

(With mining /warp access, materials for sale, extra taxes, in game funny money, that sort of thing.)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SugarAddict posted:

:psyduck: If the content is "building machines" and not "using machines to build cool poo poo" then I think there is something wrong with that mod. Of course everyone not a zealot or a wanna be cult leader modder knows this.

To be clear, it made him a ton of cash from server kickbacks, and is not in fact a good thing.

e: the technic dudes could comment more on this then me, I just hung out in IRC those days, while kakermix was getting DMCA's

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Danger Mahoney posted:

So do you guys just kinda roll with terrible framerates on the megapacks, or is there something you can tweak? I'm getting like 20-30 fps on OMP for some reason, even out in the wilderness.

People hate optifine, but I swear by it and went from 30 -> 60 fps. Just get the right one for 1.7.10 and play with the settings until everything looks and works proper. (you sometimes have to turn off multi-core or Fast OpenGL because of chunk flickering.)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is blightfall fun to play as is right now? What's a good structured "tutorial" pack like that?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What, yeah they were pushed last week. They announced it on the Technic Site. Server's up and everything.

http://technicpack.net/modpack/blightfall.592618

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The biggest thing is the wording on it, you're not buying anything, it's a donation "perk" which, in most people's mind (whether or not that makes it legal is another thing..) makes it ok. They just use these cosmetics and keys like PBS tote bags, as a "thank you," for donating.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The timer hit's 0 at midnight on Wednesday, that blows because Tuesday Wednesday are my days off :(

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can someone lay out the Blightfall Spawn locations from Easiest -> Hardest and some good starter tips.

(Blightfall might need it's own thread, lol.)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OMP-I is crashing when I'm starting a new world, do I need to increase permgen still in the technic launcher?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I can't run minecraft on my second monitor because it locks my mouse in either the look down, or look up position. Apparently this is due to Nvidia cards and something called "Synergy." No-way to know how to disable that, and it blows because I want to play blightfall in 1080p goodness.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there no copper in Beta?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

30.5 Days posted:

So I watched the world's most painful series of blightfall videos the other day & I'm way oversensitive to this, but please read the quests. Please.

show us the videos.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I decided to skip ahead to thaumcraft guys channel.

Uhhh... Thaumcraft expert is really bad at Thaumcraft, like the basics.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats the current best "Everything and the Kitchen Sink" pack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where can I find the tables for each bag, to see what I can get from spawn eggs, or saplings/seed bags, or whatever. In Blightfall