Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Congrats on the new thread!

Anyone know when TPPI2 is coming out?
The only major change I know is they aren't including rear end Crashica in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Truga posted:

He rewrote his mod so that it conflicts with forge in as many things as possible, after he dropped it.

If memory serves me correctly (SOMEONE CORRECT ME BECAUSE I'M PROBABLY WRONG), it was one of flowerchild's followers that made that fancy amazing wrapper that lets forge handle mods that normally wouldn't work with forge and handles a bunch of compatibility issues. Flowerchild called the guy a creativity rapist among other stuff and shut it down and it disappeared.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

wylker posted:

I made a spotlight of TE 4, let me know what you think goons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCaOmN4Dvic

Good work!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
There's also that Agarian skies 2 alpha someone uploaded. I've been playing that.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Faldoncow posted:

Am I doing something wrong, or are TE ducts glitchy in the version mechaet uploaded at that url? At least, I'm unable to pipe liquid metal out of my smeltery into a casting table like I used to, and I can't pipe the finished ingot from the casting table to a chest.

I think you need a servo to make them do that now.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

I'm like 95% sure that only cobblestone is free, because smoothstone requires a source block or smelting in a furnace to create normally, and the consumed resources reflect that. It's a very minimal cost though, like 20 mB.

Cobblestone is free, smoothstone requires a bucket of water, and obsidian requires 1 bucket lava and 1 bucket water.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

Botania flowers at least look good and have the common decency not to spread like weeds and automatically replant themselves whenever you try to clear them out.

What?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Gilok posted:

If you specifically want range for killing endermen, they can't do poo poo about Thaumcraft's shock focus wand.

Doesn't the shock focus sometimes set them on fire? Can't collect ender pearls if they keep teleporting 12 chunks away into some random cave.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

What the heck! How do I work around Ars Magica II's incompatibilities?

You will have to be more specific about what and how, it's called "Ars Crashica" or "rear end Crackia" for a reason.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

The guy who makes that is literally 14 and got banned from Technic Pack previously for falling for a "spam technicpack.net and you'll get frree steam keys!" scam. He threw a fit on our facebook page.

:negative: I wonder how do these people exist? let alone not take some computer classes, or GOSH, ASK A KNOWLEDGEABLE ADULT.

Turtlicious posted:

oh my god, i sometimes forget minecraft is a game for children.

I think the more troublesome part is Curse and the toxic community makes it easy to make things bad for children and hard to remove/fix it.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

I just discovered the drawers for sorting items and holy poo poo have my eyes been opened. The addition of a controller just takes away everything tedious about sorting your items, minus the initial round of sorting everything into the drawers in the first place.

I've had bad experiences with drawers crashing, lagging, and dropping FPS, and my computer has no problem OMP packs. Maybe it's just me and my talent for breaking things.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Maybe we can take the Monster Girls mod and make a date sim mod pack.

I wouldn't doubt it if a few of those already exist.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Reason posted:

what connects to galacticraft stuff to power it? Thermal Expansion stuff doesn't connect and it won't plug directly in to a Big Reactor

Galacticraft will take just about any kind of power, however GC machines has defined sides for different inputs and outputs and only the appropriate conduit/pipe will connect to those sides.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

GotLag posted:

The only reason I was ever able to build a fusion ring was because someone else on our server had set up a 24/7 automated Enderman farm+trap - all of which required other mods. From memory, something like 1300 pearls were required for the full fusion assembly.

In IC2 breaking a machine with anything not a wrench would make it drop a metal block instead of the tool. I could deal with that, it's fair enough that you have to disassemble a machine with some care.
In Gregtech the machine exploded, but not until it had sent out packets of electricity to fry other cables and machines. Greg even patched this to make it send the packets in increasing size so it would cause as much damage to connected machines and wiring as possible.

What? I hope he at least made that configurable.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

bigperm posted:

It was made using decompiled code because Greg doesn't use any version control at all and literally doesn't have the code for GT5 anymore since he overwrote it for GT6.

:psyduck: What the gently caress? I'm not big on programming but one of the things taught in programming class is HAVING BACKUPS OF OLD VERSIONS. If this guy has been doing that crap for the entire time, he's just waiting for a power outage while saving and the whole thing becoming corrupted and un-recoverable.

Turtlicious posted:

The thing about Gregtech and IC2, is that it was never meant for single player. I mean in it's first iterations when it was fun, yeah it had a SSP focus, because mods weren't used for multiplayer back then, but then people were running SMP servers, and when they all worked together they'd burn through all the "content" in a few days.

The bullshit came with that, the idea was that there would be a single reactor for a "town" or a group of players, not just one. Add on top of that Servers with "donation" shops, where people would donate and then get a reward, greg and IC2 were pushed into being more grindy, that way server owners could drain their people dry.

(With mining /warp access, materials for sale, extra taxes, in game funny money, that sort of thing.)

:psyduck: If the content is "building machines" and not "using machines to build cool poo poo" then I think there is something wrong with that mod. Of course everyone not a zealot or a wanna be cult leader modder knows this.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Truga posted:

This is so much my poo poo. :3:

I wish I had something I was really interested in and is as good as what you are interested in.

Knowing some programming is a good thing, and I know this especially because I have read the "a ticket came in" and "my boss tells me I don't scream enough" threads.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Good luck with the map not getting corrupted on you!
I had to restart twice because of that.

I wouldn't be suprised if the the osmotic enchanter is still broken :argh:.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Pollyzoid posted:

I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for creating Technic Launcher/Solder. Some of my friends were interested in playing a vanilla-ish mod pack, so I created my own with Thaumcraft 4, Natura and some smaller misc mods.
Setting up Solder and publishing the pack was a breeze (although adding mods one by one took a while).

On that note, couple questions since I haven't played modded Minecraft a lot.
Which TC4 addons are good? We don't have any experience with TC4, so would it be better to just stick with it without addons for now?
Also, would Tinker's Construct fit with the magic-y theme without overlapping with TC4 a lot? All I know about it is that it adds more steps to creating tools, but almost every pack seems to include it.

There are some add-ons that bridge gaps between mods like thaumcraft and tinkers so you can use things like thaumium for your tools.

Tinkers construct is usually used for ore doubling and making BETTER TOOLS AND WEAPONS.
Example: You can make a cleaver that 1 shots everything weaker than an enderman, a logging axe that chops down entire trees, a scythe for reaping mobs or wheat en mass, a hammer that mines out 3x3 areas as fast as a diamond pickaxe and only requires cobblestone to fix.

Simple things that it does better than vanilla minecraft: It lets you put fortune 3 and looting 3 on everything, you can smelt things as you harvest/mine (charcoal from trees), tools are not lost when broken and just have to be repaired, Smelt ores directly into ingots (and smelting stacks with fortune), Add new things to mine... and craft...

Odd things that it does: it adds punji sticks (think spike pits), it adds floating slime islands, it adds baracades (think fences that take more damage), and some other odd things.

Nice things it does: Tinkers tools ARE 100% IMMUNE TO FIRE AND LAVA, tinker tools also take SEVERAL INGAME DAYS TO DE-SPAWN.

/wall-o-text

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

Thaumcraft has a bunch of neat concepts it addresses that no other mod does. Pollution, for instance, is something that I can't think of any other mod trying to incorporate. The problem is the pollution has to be interesting. If my options for dealing with flux are:

C) pipe it into a jar and huck it at a cactus

:cawg: I can't stop laughing at this. If only we could apply this logic to real world problems.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

wylker posted:

So episode 1 of what I hope will be an epic project has been uploaded. This will be a series recorded from the different perspectives of 4 teams, playing the blightfall modpack.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZlWyOL5M8A

My OCD and minecraft sperg is annoyed and I started to make a wall-o-text about everything you are doing but decided against it considering I had to restart this map twice.

Edit2: I take back what I said, I'm not going to tell you anything, I'm just going to watch you faff about for days trying to figure something out.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 29, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Honestly my biggest problem with TC liquid essentia is that pipes seem to clog and backup no matter what, and no matter how simple I go there's always a problem. Any functionality at all requires lots of closed systems and a lot of manual, active management.
My other problem is that aspects are spread out in such a way that there will always be aspects that to get one of, with any degree of accessibility, I'll need to also deal with like 7 arbor or 2 bestia/1 slime/4 air. This is why people need void jars.

Azanor nerfed pipes so they can only be used for some very very specific cases, alchemy golems > pipes nowdays.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

El Generico posted:

Frankly it sounds like the performance improvements would be worth it in and of themselves.

I can't play any of these big modpacks without my FPS chugging and stuttering, and I've got a perfectly fine gaming PC.

Have you played with the graphics settings or the java runtime strings at all?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Against better judgment I reinstalled this with the latest version of OMP-i, all mods enabled, and the game crashes anytime I click "mod options" which is kind of a problem because there's over 200 mods and I'm probably going to want to change some of them. Is this a feature of the pack or have I done something wrong.

You can remove mods, you simply won't be able to play on the server. You could ask the modpack author for SP configs as well.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

TheresaJayne posted:

On the server i am playing on (Crackpack from AT Launcher) I was just kicked out of the base i was sharing with someone else,

I logged on to find i had no perms in the claim and a sign placed down saying "I dont want thaum in my base, all your thaum stuff is outside to the right in a chest, this is why i don't base with anyone, bye"

So my ender quarry, other machines, ores and stuff and all the stuff i brought to the base is now his (including all the mob spawners and reactor stuff.)
and I have had to start again.

Why are so many people scared of Thaum?

I mean i have since heard that his base was covered in Flux and taint as he broke the Energised Nodes spilling flux everywhere.

As for ars, you have an obelisk next to the altar, then use the magicians staff (or whatever its called) to link the obelisk to the altar, then flip the switch when you need it for the recipe.

One one hand, he kicked you out of your base (depending on the policies of the server and how the mods/admins feel you could get help.), on the other hand, he doesn't know what thaumcraft is and did all that crap without as much as telling you (and his base is now tainted) you are probably better without him.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Cantorsdust posted:

What are my options for getting rid of liquids in OMP-i? I used to use void pipes on ender quarries with the pump attachment so I could get rid of all the unneeded water, but OMP-i doesn't have those. Any equivalent?

If it has Thermal Expasion, pipe all your crap into a nullifiyer.

edit: Beaten.
edit2: Content

mechaet posted:

GregTech has gotten so bad it creates issues with mods in modpacks that don't even include it.

https://github.com/CoFH/Feedback/issues/574

I guess we should start praying for Minecraft 2.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 5, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Falcon2001 posted:

Honestly I just clear out huge swathes at a time and then come back. It seems to only spread along open block faces so you can be pretty confident on how it will spread back.

I steal the totem at the redwood tree, then I only use flowers and the totem in loaded chunks.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

I thought you were supposed to go to the Nether for tech metals?

The nether isn't supposed to exist and the modpack maker doesn't know how to remove it. Things like wither skulls you are supposed to get though a complicated infusion recipe. Heck, almost everything requires complex and expensive infusion recipes. With the inclusion of Botanica maybe the pylons will make infusions easier and cheaper, or make it much much more expensive because he expects you to be using pylons in mass.

Edit: Hate it when expensive poo poo gets exploded by the infusion alter.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 8, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Dunno-Lars posted:

Managing a small server for some friends, as well as the modpack they use.

How is Ars Magicka now? They really want it, but as far as I know, it's super buggy... Is this still the case, or is it safe? 1-5 people online, not that spread out, if that matters.

It's still the case, some things like mana batteries if linked in a loop will break the server until ars magica is removed. If you do plan to have ars magica, back up your server once a day.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Anyone have any newbie advice for Blightfall? I've got flint tools, no metals or clay, a swamp teleport and a deathly fear of the taint.

How far in do I have to get before I can start effing around with Thaumcraft and Blood Magic in the book, anyway?

blood magic will remain locked until you explore a majority of the locations, thaumcraft will remain locked until you have an iron ingot. I made an old post about everything a while ago, let me find it. I can't find it.

You should try for saplings until you get something like blood wood. It's very good for making iron level tools.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 9, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

John Quixote posted:

I'm setting up a 1.7.10 server with mods for some people and ran into a small problem this morning before I headed off to work. I understand Treecapitator has Thaumcraft compatibility, but when I tried running the two together, the server crashed. Getting rid of Treecapitator and the "bspkrscore" that I got for the mod fixed it. Do these two mods not play nicely anymore? It looked like Thaumcraft's installation unpacks a version of the bspkrscore, too, so that may be a cause. Thanks in advance.

Tinkers construct lumber axes are the new treecaptor.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

John Quixote posted:

I'll just have to throw everything into a .zip and distribute it to the players.

I guess now would be a good time for you to learn to use the technic launcher to host your own modpack configs and installation.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 16, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
So I was playing OMP sigma 2 and I found a spawner, it didn't throw live TNT or arrows like other ones, it threw FIRE... :stare:

McFrugal posted:

That sounds relatively harmless tbh.

It's not when you are in a dungeon made of flammable stuff.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 19, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Reason posted:

In my latest single player Omp-i world I've suddenly got chunks that flat out refuse to load. Anyone know what might cause that and how I can fix it?

did you exit the world then went back into the world? because that's a vanilla thing that happens.

If that doesn't solve it, then yes you do have a problem.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

McFrugal posted:

In TC4, golems can be fairly durable. If you had enough of them, it might be possible to make them regen fast enough to stay alive in a mob farm. The design of the mob farm is probably the most important factor. I think it's possible to even set up a way for them to use nothing but their ranged weapon- like, leave a half-slab opening for them to fire through or something.

Also to note, golems can't be harmed by environmental things such as cactus, punji sticks and spikes. They can be harmed by lava or fire unless it's a golem made of bricks.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

So what's the most up to date modpack that I can run on a reasonably powerful laptop?
It can't handle OMP-I without chugging sadly.

Take out some mods then. I think the OMP modpacks are meant for multiplayer with a dedicated server, not single player.

For OMP Sigma 2, I took out headcrumbs, zelda sword skills, hats, and darkness mod.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 25, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

I should've mentioned it'd be on a dedicated server for me and my roomates, but even then my Laptop can't handle it.
Is OMP-I really the most up to date modpack? drat.

The OMP modpacks are meant to be the kitchen sink modpacks. You should also check your graphics settings, I always have most of my graphics settings turned down and turning my graphics down helps ALOT.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Synnr posted:

I think im just going to give up on blightfall. I was all hyped up to start crafting junk, but the whole suction thing in pipes and having to run around like an idiot manipulating valves if I want to keep my racks of jars is just too dumb for me.

You are supposed to use an alchemy golem to automate the arcane furnace and jars. Or just crystallize all the essences for later.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Synnr posted:

Yeah I got told that later at some point when I was rambling about how my pipes weren't working, it's just completely unintuitive to me as a solution. I'm not even sure why the golems I spawned in with creative weren't doing what I ordered them.

Right click the arcane furnace with the golem. Then right click the golem with a bell, then right click a jar in the collection of jars.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Echophonic posted:

minecraftmodding.txt

At least they provide a config option for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

bigperm posted:

Awesome. Can't wait.

Is the server going to be a fresh map?

The only thing keeping me from playing Modderation right now is that my computer can only juuuuust play it.

EDIT:

SGCraft and ChickenBones wireless redstone are redundant with RFtools.

And Forestry? :bahgawd: I'd rather have buildcraft if I had to pick one of the lovely 3.

Honestly I would just have parts of forestry and railcraft like the farms, boilers, and giant tanks and the related parts.