Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Heyo. Wanted to get into minecraft again after randomly stumbling onto a mod showcase where they turned everything ultra-pretty. Except there seems to be some sort of incompatability going between Optifine and Forge right now, and the OP of this thread is a bit out of date? How do you actually mod minecraft properly these days?

At base, I'd want the realistic shaders, textures, trees, foliage and the nocubes mod to all work together, but being able to add thaumcraft and extra furniture and stuff would be swell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ8DVRjsQFM

^ Striving for something like this.

Any tips on A; how to get it working? and B; What texture/shader mod to grab for best result?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I don't know the first thing about shaders, but what version of Minecraft are you attempting to run? It may be too new for Optifine to work properly.

The only versions of forge and optifine that seems to be compatible are 1.2.1, but that runs into issues of other mods not being compatible with that.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I meant what version of Minecraft.

Oh. Uh. Well I have it on both the microsoft windows store and as the minecraft launcher /w java? Using the update version that forge/optifine requires? So 1.12.1?? But the launcher can download a bunch of variants.

This is pretty confusing tbh.