Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I'm not allowed in my local grocery store anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Wanted to feel my naked bottom on the conveyor belt for reasons

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I feel like if I pick the wrong person they will feel like I'm stalking them so sometimes I leave that line and go to another line and try to act inconspicuous.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

joke_explainer posted:

for a long time, queue management in in lines has been many different registers, then a line for each one. most grocery stores operate like this.

several stores are trying to change that. it's been known for a long time that in queue management, it's easier to have a single line, which then is dished out to multiple employees one at a time. This eliminates any wasted time where people are switching positions or where a cashier runs out of people to scan though some still exist in other queues.

it's proven it takes less time, shaving off minutes from your average grocery store trip. banks use this strategy, as does your typical phone system queue.

what's odd though, is that even though it takes less time, customers seem to hate it. it may just be resistance to change. one typical complaint was that the person felt like they did a better job sniping a good position in line when they were seperate queues. that might be true, but why should they build the grocery store around your desire to get an unfair slice of the queuing pie? both waiting for the right opportunity and the system overhead are unacceptable in my opinion.

anyway, ask your grocery store to go to a single queue, so everybody isn't wasting their lives in grocery store lines any more than is needed.

this is what they do at Michaels when I'm buying art supplies and it makes me nervous because it's like cattle being herded together and I'm never sure if I could have gotten to a cashier faster if there were little separate lines

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
also with only one big line you have to cross this wide open chasm of floor space to get to the cashier when they call you and I'm always nervous people are watching me and I might go too fast or too slow or trip. It feels like I'm Liam neesons daughter in taken and I'm being paraded out as a sex slave in front of leering Arab men.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

GEExCEE posted:

you're insane

yeah that's what some of those people behind me might be thinking and it gets me really nervous

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

MinorLeagueAllstar posted:

I have to grocery shop today. Will check in with the status of the lines as necessary.

photos please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

clandestine grocery store pics

That looks like a nice supermarket. The tiles are maybe a little much but I like their themed umbrellas and relatively open site line.

very small crowd ~10 a.m.

this looks really professional with ample room in the checkout aisle. Also good to see they keep their cashiers weight conscious and young. Really brings down my shopping experience when the cashier is old and worn out and unfriendly and the aisles are really thin and constricting.

I also see that the bagboy has a different colored shirt than the cashier thus differentiating their rank

• Locked thread