Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Hello, and welcome to this low-effort as hell post for Rival Kingdoms, the new game from SpaceApe, makers of Samurai Siege! And art done by Rhianna Prachett. (Tomb Raider Reboot)

Now, you may be wondering, "What makes this game so different from other Poopbreak Games such as Clash or Plunder Pirates?

Well for starters...

-During each fight, you are joined by a Guardian, who, when you destroy enough buildings, provide certain skills in battle (Extra Attacks, Buffs, Reinforcements, Etc)

-Normally, when a shield is up after you have been attacked, you must lose you shield if you want to attack another player. Such is not the case here.

-You are limited on how many times you can attack by the number of Battle Stones you have. (Five, they replenish over time, and more can be won via chests after multiplayer battles) Not sure if there is a way to increase the capacity.

There is a guild system, known as Kingdoms. No, one is not place yet. If I or someone else sets up one, this section will be updated.Goonalot is now up and running!Make sure to say something goony in your request.

Other than that, all of the information is primarily in Youtube videos (Hell, even SpaceApe's own forums are still focused on Samurai Siege Only) So, I knew this post was going to be low effort either way. I just know that this game recently came out on ios, it's kinda fun, and I would like to see goons to at least give it a chance. :kiddo:

The man called M fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Reserved For Goon Ancient Strategies

Gamehunter (Not a goon, but still useful) Videos on Ancients

Foreveil

Kestra and Nakati

Nyrax

Yalenati

Aegis

Emberclaw

Jal

Sulric

Lyris

Admiral Lee

The man called M fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 13, 2015

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Reserved for Goon Unit Strategies

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Reserved for anything else that is important/Game updates

-Goonalot is formed! Make sure you say something goony in your request.
-If you go to the redeem codes section, and enter the code, "Samurai" you get a free Essence Master Ancient.

The man called M fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 8, 2015

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
This game is officially not as bad as Samurai Siege. I like that there are no training times on troops, and instead there is a flat energy system on attacks. I like that spells can be switched out based on what wizard you pick for attacking and for defending. The slot machine nature of the Epic and Rare wizards will probably make SpaceApe a lot of money. So far I have Sulric, Nyrax, Essence Master, and Kestra, and I don't feel like any of them are more/less powerful than the others. Also the guild system is neat, with assigned roles and stuff, but I don't know how it actually affects anything besides minor bonuses and clan castle.

Edit: Also I still haven't figured up how to level up the wizards or what it actually does when they level up.

Roshambo fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 10, 2015

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
I'm going to run out of poop with all of these poop games.

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
Master list of all the promo codes you can redeem in the menu:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kingdoms/comments/35eho8/rival_kingdoms_codes_promo_master_list_updated/

Not sure if this game is going to catch any traction, Goonalot has been at 3 members all weekend.

Edit: Also, consumables in battle seems pay to win, although I am still enjoying the game so far.

E2: Still haven't seen any rare or epic wizards yet, so those are probably more powerful than the common ones, possibly another strike against the game. The one I'm using most now is Nyrax. His tier one spell lets you spawn hordes of zombies to distract defenses while your ranged troops destroy everything. Tier two is a heal, but it doesn't work on the zombies so it is less useful. Tier three is a DoT that kills almost any defense, but by the time you get it most of the defenses are down anyway. Best strategy: spawn infinite zombies.

Roshambo fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 11, 2015

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
This game is pretty fun. I especially like being able to fast forward through the slow parts of a battle. I just got my stronghold up to level 5, and entered an individual tournament where I got 5 free battle stones.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Added some videos about some of the Ancients.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Our little "Kingdom" just won our first war! We're up to 6 goons now.

A couple more pointers for people starting up:
-Finishing the "Tracking Foreveil" will give you access to a Dragon Roost, and once you build it (18h build time) you'll get a dragon in your battles. Can probably finish this at SH5, maybe even 4.
-Doing the Individual Tournament will give you 5 free battle stones, and doing battles from there still gives you streak bonuses, so there is no downside to doing them.
-Focus on upgrading offensive stuff before defensive stuff, and try to rush to Stronghold 6, then catch up with defence there.
- I agree with Roshambo, Nyrax is the best ancient so far. Even better than the rare ones I've gotten so far.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Can people with androids get this nonsense yet or is it still iOS only

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

McSpankWich posted:

Can people with androids get this nonsense yet or is it still iOS only

It work for android now.

EDIT: I guess only in Canada? I have it for my android phone, but they just announced that they are releasing it for android May 21

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.
Was rushing towards SH5 (started yesterday) but I only have like 70/150 necessary rings even though I have enough gold. Do I need to string together some big winning streaks? Been attacking a lot but my longest is 12 or so.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Spyde posted:

Was rushing towards SH5 (started yesterday) but I only have like 70/150 necessary rings even though I have enough gold. Do I need to string together some big winning streaks? Been attacking a lot but my longest is 12 or so.

It's pretty much impossible to go over 12
Can you do the individual tournament?

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.

Crell posted:

It's pretty much impossible to go over 12
Can you do the individual tournament?
Couldn't do the tourney until I hit SH5 I think. I grinded out a bunch of attacks and got the rings though, didn't take as long as I thought it would.

e: Kingdom stuff seems kinda cool. No idea what my donations are doing though!

Spyde fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 18, 2015

milward
Nov 5, 2009

In as same name as here, sent an invite to goonalot.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I just downloaded this game for Android, I will probably send a request to the goon clan thing in the OP, as long as it's cross platform

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

None of you play this anymore, do you. My request for the clan has been sitting idle for like two days now. Shame as it's actually pretty good, and really different from coc.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

McSpankWich posted:

None of you play this anymore, do you. My request for the clan has been sitting idle for like two days now. Shame as it's actually pretty good, and really different from coc.

Your'e in. And what the hell is with your name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Don't hate on the j's man

Edit: Also holy poo poo the kingdom was way more in depth than I was expecting. What is all this stuff I can donate to? What do I do with loyalty points? Can one of you tryhards just make a proper OP to answer all of my newbie questions?

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 31, 2015

• Locked thread