Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

With all the swapping, it's possible there's only one liar and everyone else is just basing their words on the cards they got to see.

I could very well be the werewolf, but at the start of the night I was the seer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asphyxious posted:

Better question: would gaspy lie?

Would gaspy lie to lose a game?

Sounds like a pretty tanner thing to do

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

With all the swapping, it's possible there's only one liar and everyone else is just basing their words on the cards they got to see.

I could very well be the werewolf, but at the start of the night I was the seer.

I'm the seer now, animal. :frogc00l:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

Sounds like a pretty tanner thing to do

Either way I'm not getting lynched so that's a bit of a reach.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asphyxious posted:

Either way I'm not getting lynched so that's a bit of a reach.

Nah the reach was getting Jojo murdered :downs:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Better question: would gaspy lie?

Would gaspy lie to lose a game?

If it goes against your own private win condition in your head, maybe :v:

But eh, how about this - I'll believe you if you still stick with your story after this:

If your wolfbro was Katter all along, that means we get to lynch Anidav! :dance:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

But eh, how about this - I'll believe you if you still stick with your story after this:

If your wolfbro was Katter all along, that means we get to lynch Anidav! :dance:

Nah I've always been against the anidav lynch injoke. I think I've used it once or twice to scum hunt, but ultimately I think anidav much like Harold Krell should be spared. If he's being bad he will earn al lynch later. Otherwise there are always better targets.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Also I have two win conditions:

- find all scum
- don't get lynched

And I achieved the first one with my role PM :haw:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
But I'm a good person.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Also I have two win conditions:

- find all scum
- don't get lynched

And I achieved the first one with my role PM :haw:

But that's why that sounds too boring for that to be the end of it when instead there could be riddles within riddles and the real success is to still fool us all somehow!

...but okay yeah I'm prolly being too paranoid. :v:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

But that's why that sounds too boring for that to be the end of it when instead there could be riddles within riddles and the real success is to still fool us all somehow!

...but okay yeah I'm prolly being too paranoid. :v:

Yeah sorry bif. Anticlimactic but switching out a wolf for town is a nice easy town win. Guess I was lucky someone wanted to swap me.

What is funny is "swapping gaspy for MMG"? That's exactly what Beet claimed he did as scum last game.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Gaspy's a snitch and should be lynched accordingly.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

What is funny is "swapping gaspy for MMG"? That's exactly what Beet claimed he did as scum last game.

See, I knew it sounded weird!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

Gaspy's a snitch and should be lynched accordingly.

The whole game is about the townies with roles snitching :)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MysticalMachineGun posted:

The whole game is about the townies with roles snitching :)

Bif tryna see me, weak hearts I rip,
MMG and Gaspy be some mark-rear end bitches.

I HIT EM UP

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm a killer and I usually know my victim,
So I score a lot of bodies on the homie system

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Asphyxious posted:

##vote MaliciousOnion

So we're voting MaliciousOnion when the day ends?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Ok this game is a lot harder than it looked but I've done some sleuthing and I think I've figured it out. Bear with me.

First of all, whichever way you slice it there's three liars. Birdstrike has been dodgy from the first post and hasn't been able to provide an explanation. Then there's me and Mad Katter, obviously claiming the same role, so one of us has to be lying. The third liar is a bit trickier. Sky Coq is claiming to have been, and still be, the Insomniac - a claim that could be a lie, if Birdstrike is telling the truth (unlikely). Anidav claims to be a Villager, and is backed up by Mithranderp, the robber; this is unverifiable but unremarkable, so I'll assume it's the truth. Same goes for MysticalMachineGun's claim of Seer, and the reveal of spare cards #1 and #2 as Hunter and Villager. That leaves us with Asphyxious and Bifauxnen, who would have us believe they're Villager and Witch, respectively. Now, one of them is probably lying, which leaves us with a few options.

The four possible liars are myself, MK, Gaspy and Bif; the five possible roles are Villager, Witch, Troublemaker and two Wolves. Since MK is claiming to be Troublemaker when I am, I can assume they must be Wolf. That leaves one Wolf, the Witch and the Villager left. Now, Wolf could be the third spare card but then there would be no reason for Gaspy or Bif to lie, so I assume it's in play. That means the third spare is either Villager or Witch. What strikes me as odd is that Bif took a long time to claim the role of Witch, a role that was conveniently left open. Let's assume for a moment that Bif is, in fact, a Wolf: claiming Witch is perfect, as it gives Bif a cover, while at the same time shifting suspicion on to Gaspy (by claiming the third spare is Villager). It also cements Birb's untruthfulness, which doesn't hurt. I'm not sure why Gaspy then decided to throw me to the mob, maybe they think I am actually the Wolf and are just trying to solidify a vote.

tl;dr: Mad Katter and Bifauxnen are the Wolves, Birdstrike is the Tanner.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Also Witch is the third spare.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this is nuts thank you for being considerate of my equally nuts paranoia in these final moments

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

MaliciousOnion posted:

Ok this game is a lot harder than it looked but I've done some sleuthing and I think I've figured it out. Bear with me.

First of all, whichever way you slice it there's three liars. Birdstrike has been dodgy from the first post and hasn't been able to provide an explanation. Then there's me and Mad Katter, obviously claiming the same role, so one of us has to be lying. The third liar is a bit trickier. Sky Coq is claiming to have been, and still be, the Insomniac - a claim that could be a lie, if Birdstrike is telling the truth (unlikely). Anidav claims to be a Villager, and is backed up by Mithranderp, the robber; this is unverifiable but unremarkable, so I'll assume it's the truth. Same goes for MysticalMachineGun's claim of Seer, and the reveal of spare cards #1 and #2 as Hunter and Villager. That leaves us with Asphyxious and Bifauxnen, who would have us believe they're Villager and Witch, respectively. Now, one of them is probably lying, which leaves us with a few options.

The four possible liars are myself, MK, Gaspy and Bif; the five possible roles are Villager, Witch, Troublemaker and two Wolves. Since MK is claiming to be Troublemaker when I am, I can assume they must be Wolf. That leaves one Wolf, the Witch and the Villager left. Now, Wolf could be the third spare card but then there would be no reason for Gaspy or Bif to lie, so I assume it's in play. That means the third spare is either Villager or Witch. What strikes me as odd is that Bif took a long time to claim the role of Witch, a role that was conveniently left open. Let's assume for a moment that Bif is, in fact, a Wolf: claiming Witch is perfect, as it gives Bif a cover, while at the same time shifting suspicion on to Gaspy (by claiming the third spare is Villager). It also cements Birb's untruthfulness, which doesn't hurt. I'm not sure why Gaspy then decided to throw me to the mob, maybe they think I am actually the Wolf and are just trying to solidify a vote.

tl;dr: Mad Katter and Bifauxnen are the Wolves, Birdstrike is the Tanner.

:wtc:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
do we win if we lynch only one werewolf? or do we have to lynch both?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

wait nvm re-read the rules :)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

do we win if we lynch only one werewolf? or do we have to lynch both?

you shoulda seen what we would have to do to lynch NO werewolves!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Apparently a half-assed job at eradicating the werewolf menace is Good Enough for this village.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

you shoulda seen what we would have to do to lynch NO werewolves!

If everyone's in agreement that there's no Wolf, it'd be easy enough to just have everyone vote for the next player alphabetically, with the last player voting for the first. Only issue I see is if the Tanner can vote for themself, they'd win.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Based on there being two werewolf cards we've got at least one.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I actually spent my bus ride to work this morning planning to claim no-friends Mason. Then I realised just before game start there were no masons :doh:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

I actually spent my bus ride to work this morning planning to claim no-friends Mason. Then I realised just before game start there were no masons :doh:

Haha same

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Then I thought "hmm, witch goes after seer, I know I'll say I hunter-switched someone. Coq hasn't claimed yet right? There! Wait... Coq claimed insomniac?? FU :suicide:"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If I'd been the tanner, I'd have tried being all "hahaha heeeeeey guess what guys I got vanilla townie villager again, for real this time though!" and try and twig people's paranoia that I was really trying hard to not get caught as a werewolf again.

It seems like a hard role.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm actually going to be voting for MMG because once you roll with the pack you don't turn your back on them. MO is my wolfbro.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I will vote for the most compelling argument below this post:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:itwaspoo:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:spooky: :siren: :spooky: :siren: THE DAY IS OVER :siren: :spooky: :siren: :spooky:

PM me your vote as soon as possible. You do not have the option of withholding your vote.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:parrot: :spooky: :parrot: THE VOTE :parrot: :spooky: :parrot:

Anidav votes for Birdstrike!
Asphyxious votes for MysticalMachineGun!
Bifauxnen votes for MaliciousOnion!
Birdstrike votes for Asphyxious!
Mad Katter votes for MaliciousOnion!
MaliciousOnion votes for Mad Katter!
Mithranderp votes for MaliciousOnion!
MysticalMachineGun votes for Asphyxious!
Sky Coq votes for MaliciousOnion!

At the end of the voting:

Asphyxious has 2 votes.
Birdstrike has 1 vote.
Mad Katter has 1 vote.
MaliciousOnion has 4 votes.
MysticalMachineGun has 1 vote.

:pcgaming: MaliciousOnion is lynched! :pcgaming:

As your friendly Moderator, it is my job to reach across the table and reveal MaliciousOnion's Role Card. It is...

Werewolf.

:krad: TOWN VICTORY!!! :krad:

So here's what happened:

quote:

I shuffled the deck and dealt:
- Anidav a Villager card
- Asphxious a Werewolf card
- Bifauxnen a Witch card
- Birdstrike a Tanner card
- Mad Katter an Troublemaker card
- MaliciousOnion a Werewolf card
- Mithranderp a Robber card
- MysticalMachineGun a Seer card
- Sky Coq an Insomniac card

- Leftover 1 a Hunter card
- Leftover 2 a Villager card
- Leftover 3 a Villager card

This is what happened at night:

The Werewolves (Asphyxious and MaliciousOnion) were informed of each other's identity.
Seer (MMG) looked at Leftover Role Card 1 (revealed as Hunter) & Leftover Role Card 2 (revealed as Villager).
Robber (Mithranderp) swapped her Role Card (Robber) with Anidav (Villager).
Witch (Bif) reveals Leftover Role Card 3 (Villager) and swaps it with Mith's Role Card (Villager).
Troublemaker (Mad Katter) swaps Asphyxious's Role Card (Werewolf) for MysticalMachineGun's (Seer).
Insomniac (Sky Coq) looks at his Role Card (still Insomniac).

To recap the situation at the start of the day:

Anidav started as a Villager and finished as the Robber.
Asphyxious started as a Werewolf and finished as the Seer.
Bifauxnen started and finished as the Witch.
Birdstrike started and finished as the Tanner.
Mad Katter started and finished as the Troublemaker.
MaliciousOnion started and finished as a Werewolf.
Mithranderp started as the Robber and finished as a Villager
MysticalMachineGun started as the Seer and finished as a Werewolf.
Sky Coq started and finished as the Insomniac.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

*howls*

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm watching you, Birdstrike.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Oh well, I still was curious enough on Birdstrike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asphyxious posted:

I'm watching you, Birdstrike.

You know how I feel about snitches, bruh.

• Locked thread