Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
mind

blown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Sorry guys, just got home from picking up my daughter from school.

Pretty sure Mad Katter is lying, what with me being the Troublemaker. fwiw I switched Anidav and Asphyxious.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MaliciousOnion posted:

Pretty sure Mad Katter is lying, what with me being the Troublemaker. fwiw I switched Anidav and Asphyxious.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Somebody's lyyyyyyyyyying :allears:

This just keeps getting better!

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
hot drat

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Somewhere trendy in Melbourne, TOML is laughing his arse off.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Somewhere cold, Bif has a spreadsheet open

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

SKY COQ posted:

Somewhere trendy in Melbourne

lol good one

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Hi. First post I have no idea what I am doing.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MaliciousOnion posted:

Sorry guys, just got home from picking up my daughter from school.

That's a lycanthropic claim right there, dogman

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Anidav, what was your role

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

(I know he was a villager but I want to see him say it)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Villager. No night action but people are switching me around and have had no PM since?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Anidav posted:

Villager. No night action but people are switching me around and have had no PM since?

Yep

Only the Insomniac REALLY knows what they are in the morning.

I switched you with me, which means you at some point were a robber, and either still are a robber, or are back to being a villager again. I think.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

That's a lycanthropic claim right there, dogman

Wait, you've been caught in your own lie, and now you're trying to back up Mad Katter's lie? Seems suspicious. Still, I suppose you could be the Tanner.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MaliciousOnion posted:

Wait, you've been caught in your own lie, and now you're trying to back up Mad Katter's lie? Seems suspicious. Still, I suppose you could be the Tanner.

I'm more inclined to believe Katter because

a) Early claim
b) They didn't ninja edit their post, or am I mistaken about that too?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I really want to know what bif has now

BIF

BIIIIIIIF

roleclaim plz

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Jesus gently caress NO what the hell happened here

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

I'm more inclined to believe Katter because

a) Early claim
b) They didn't ninja edit their post, or am I mistaken about that too?

a) Not much I can do about that, though I did explain that I was out doing parent stuff.
b) I didn't ninja edit my roleclaim post. I did edit my reply to you because I got Hunter and Tanner mixed up.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Oh. Ohhhh. I think Birdstrike got Tanner.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I am sure that MaliciousOnion's post suggested I could be Hunter before I quoted it rather than Tanner.

It doesn't matter and I'm not mad because this is a fun short paced game remember :v:, but it makes me more inclined to believe MK

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

MaliciousOnion posted:

a) Not much I can do about that, though I did explain that I was out doing parent stuff.
b) I didn't ninja edit my roleclaim post. I did edit my reply to you because I got Hunter and Tanner mixed up.

You don't edit your posts in mafia. EVER. It's a modkill offence.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

I really want to know what bif has now

BIF

BIIIIIIIF

roleclaim plz

Hi, just getting off work and I can say that I can defintely shed some light on one of these conflicts but I'll type it up properly once I finish driving home. don't want to type it up in haste and let the fakeclaim side come up with a good excuse.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

At least he WAS but if MK switched us then I'm now the tanner? If so lol no fuckin way am I going for my win condition.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
MaliciousOnion is telling a lie.

I was also telling a lie, although I was the troublemaker last night, and I assume that I still am. (Robber and troublemaker are out of play, but I'm not 100% convinced on Birdstrike's witch claim).

The two people I chose to switch were MysticalMachineGun and Asphyxious.

Birdstrike was really acting weird (what's new?) with his witch claim, so I thought I would throw it out there and see if he would claim werewolf after I said I switched him with Asphyxious.

That obvious didn't happen, but it did get MaliciousOnion to pipe up with some outrageous accusations.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Mad Katter posted:

Quoting this because it's important that people don't miss this part, and I can't go edit my other post to bold it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mad Katter posted:

MaliciousOnion is telling a lie.

I was also telling a lie, although I was the troublemaker last night, and I assume that I still am. (Robber and troublemaker are out of play, but I'm not 100% convinced on Birdstrike's witch claim).

Birdstrike was really acting weird (what's new?) with his witch claim, so I thought I would throw it out there and see if he would claim werewolf after I said I switched him with Asphyxious.

That obvious didn't happen, but it did get MaliciousOnion to pipe up with some outrageous accusations.

Wait maybe MO is the tanner? Hey doofus, editing your posts won't count as a win.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Birdstrike what the hell were you to let me know what I am now.

Bif please let me know what you've done so I have a complete picture.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mad Katter posted:

Oh well, that doesn't prove much. With neither being the insomniac we don't know what we are now or if we were even switched.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Oh well, that doesn't prove much. With neither being the insomniac we don't know what we are now or if we were even switched.

Oh wait I got MMG and Birdstrike confused.

Okay I need time to think this one through I'm getting way more frazzled than I expected.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

Ok, sorry, this is my first mafia game. To be fair, I openly admit that I did ninja edit, and it was only because I made a mistake. I'm not trying to hide it.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Yes, don't edit your posts for any reason.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh yeah MMG dont you need to specify which cards you look at which 2 did you pick

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MaliciousOnion posted:

Ok, sorry, this is my first mafia game. To be fair, I openly admit that I did ninja edit, and it was only because I made a mistake. I'm not trying to hide it.

We all make mistakes :) to fix up mistakes in future just make a second post straight after and say "I meant tanner" or whatever, it's called a mafia edit

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

okay. I got the witch. So Birb's clearly lying about that part. He could be the tanner, but Katter's odd gambit makes me very confused. Will post more soon after getting some food.

In the meantime I'm hoping MMG can clear up which cards he looked at as the seer so I can verify if he's telling the truth if I ended up looking at the same one.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

oh yeah MMG dont you need to specify which cards you look at which 2 did you pick

I looked at 1 and 2. 1 was the hunter, 2 was the villager.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I looked at 1 and 2. 1 was the hunter, 2 was the villager.

ohhhhhh my!

3 was a villager!

(which I gave to Mith)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

This makes me suspect Katter's gambit was trying to help wolfbro Gaspy avoid the lynch usong Birb's tanner dodginess, but I am pondering it further and things should become clearer the more calories I can shove in my face.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I suspected that Birdstrike's dodginess meant that he was a werewolf, and by telling him that I had switched him, and that he was now town, he would have revealed himself. That was the plan anyway.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

But I swapped Gaspy and Anidav, which would make Anidav the wolf. And considering Bird's dodginess, they're probably HunterTanner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

This makes me suspect Katter's gambit was trying to help wolfbro Gaspy avoid the lynch usong Birb's tanner dodginess, but I am pondering it further and things should become clearer the more calories I can shove in my face.

Very convenient for you that

1. You happen to choose the card that MMG doesn't and give it to Mith
2. It happens to be a villager, and
3. Mith robbed Anidav but wanted Anidav to confirm what card he had

• Locked thread