Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
The previous game looked like a lot of fun, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Sorry guys, just got home from picking up my daughter from school.

Pretty sure Mad Katter is lying, what with me being the Troublemaker. fwiw I switched Anidav and Asphyxious.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

SKY COQ posted:

Somewhere trendy in Melbourne

lol good one

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

That's a lycanthropic claim right there, dogman

Wait, you've been caught in your own lie, and now you're trying to back up Mad Katter's lie? Seems suspicious. Still, I suppose you could be the Tanner.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

I'm more inclined to believe Katter because

a) Early claim
b) They didn't ninja edit their post, or am I mistaken about that too?

a) Not much I can do about that, though I did explain that I was out doing parent stuff.
b) I didn't ninja edit my roleclaim post. I did edit my reply to you because I got Hunter and Tanner mixed up.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

You don't edit your posts in mafia. EVER. It's a modkill offence.

Ok, sorry, this is my first mafia game. To be fair, I openly admit that I did ninja edit, and it was only because I made a mistake. I'm not trying to hide it.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

But I swapped Gaspy and Anidav, which would make Anidav the wolf. And considering Bird's dodginess, they're probably HunterTanner.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Mithranderp posted:

3 people in this game are definitely lying

JFC

Isn't that the point?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ok this game is a lot harder than it looked but I've done some sleuthing and I think I've figured it out. Bear with me.

First of all, whichever way you slice it there's three liars. Birdstrike has been dodgy from the first post and hasn't been able to provide an explanation. Then there's me and Mad Katter, obviously claiming the same role, so one of us has to be lying. The third liar is a bit trickier. Sky Coq is claiming to have been, and still be, the Insomniac - a claim that could be a lie, if Birdstrike is telling the truth (unlikely). Anidav claims to be a Villager, and is backed up by Mithranderp, the robber; this is unverifiable but unremarkable, so I'll assume it's the truth. Same goes for MysticalMachineGun's claim of Seer, and the reveal of spare cards #1 and #2 as Hunter and Villager. That leaves us with Asphyxious and Bifauxnen, who would have us believe they're Villager and Witch, respectively. Now, one of them is probably lying, which leaves us with a few options.

The four possible liars are myself, MK, Gaspy and Bif; the five possible roles are Villager, Witch, Troublemaker and two Wolves. Since MK is claiming to be Troublemaker when I am, I can assume they must be Wolf. That leaves one Wolf, the Witch and the Villager left. Now, Wolf could be the third spare card but then there would be no reason for Gaspy or Bif to lie, so I assume it's in play. That means the third spare is either Villager or Witch. What strikes me as odd is that Bif took a long time to claim the role of Witch, a role that was conveniently left open. Let's assume for a moment that Bif is, in fact, a Wolf: claiming Witch is perfect, as it gives Bif a cover, while at the same time shifting suspicion on to Gaspy (by claiming the third spare is Villager). It also cements Birb's untruthfulness, which doesn't hurt. I'm not sure why Gaspy then decided to throw me to the mob, maybe they think I am actually the Wolf and are just trying to solidify a vote.

tl;dr: Mad Katter and Bifauxnen are the Wolves, Birdstrike is the Tanner.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Also Witch is the third spare.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Apparently a half-assed job at eradicating the werewolf menace is Good Enough for this village.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

you shoulda seen what we would have to do to lynch NO werewolves!

If everyone's in agreement that there's no Wolf, it'd be easy enough to just have everyone vote for the next player alphabetically, with the last player voting for the first. Only issue I see is if the Tanner can vote for themself, they'd win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

If it weren't for you meddling kids, I would've got away with it too!

Seriously, though, game was a blast. I thought I had a pretty good chance until Bif came in with their logic and reasoning.

• Locked thread