Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hoping again for troublemaker, but I better think of someone different to switch in case I get it. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

I really want to know what bif has now

BIF

BIIIIIIIF

roleclaim plz

Hi, just getting off work and I can say that I can defintely shed some light on one of these conflicts but I'll type it up properly once I finish driving home. don't want to type it up in haste and let the fakeclaim side come up with a good excuse.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh yeah MMG dont you need to specify which cards you look at which 2 did you pick

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

okay. I got the witch. So Birb's clearly lying about that part. He could be the tanner, but Katter's odd gambit makes me very confused. Will post more soon after getting some food.

In the meantime I'm hoping MMG can clear up which cards he looked at as the seer so I can verify if he's telling the truth if I ended up looking at the same one.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I looked at 1 and 2. 1 was the hunter, 2 was the villager.

ohhhhhh my!

3 was a villager!

(which I gave to Mith)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

This makes me suspect Katter's gambit was trying to help wolfbro Gaspy avoid the lynch usong Birb's tanner dodginess, but I am pondering it further and things should become clearer the more calories I can shove in my face.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Very convenient for you that

1. You happen to choose the card that MMG doesn't and give it to Mith
2. It happens to be a villager, and
3. Mith robbed Anidav but wanted Anidav to confirm what card he had

dude if you're the tanner you're supposed to get yourself lynched, not me!

ooh lotsa new posts, hang on still typing up proper stuff here but still leaning towards Gaspy/Katter double down wolf combo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mad Katter posted:

I didn't suspect Gaspy at the time, but god I wish I had claimed to have swapped Birdstrike with just about anyone else right now.

I'm starting to think that Gaspy and MaliciousOnion are the wolves, with Birdstrike being the tanner.

btw Katter, if you really are the troublemaker and not just making up your picks and changing them for the sake of convenience, why'd you pick to switch Gaspy with MMG in the first place?

I picked Mith cause I thought Gaspy and Anidav would be prime targets for switching, more newbie Mafia players might also get caught in the crossfire, she seemed like a good solid dependable choice to get some more data out of.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I think MMG is telling the truth cause no one has counter-claimed Seer. He could be a sole wolf who saw the seer in the pile, but I think we've got too many counterclaims going on to have only 1 wolf.

so if MMG is telling the truth, we have:

discard 1 - Hunter (according to MMG)
discard 2 - Villager (according to MMG)
discard 3 - Villager (according to me)

This means either Anidav or Gaspy was lying about starting off with a villager card. If it was Anidav lying, then Mith must ALSO be lying to cover for him and no one's counterclaimed robber to contradict her. Then where the hell does the Katter/Onion conflict come from if Anidav and Mith are the wolves?

Now I just gotta double check who has what by now and who can actually get lynched....

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So here is the state of affairs as I believe them to have been at the start of the game:

player 1 - Anidav is villager #1
player 2 - Gaspy is wolfbro #1
player 3 - Me, I'm the witch
player 4 - Birb, gotta be the tanner pulling such crazy claims, definitely not the witch anyway
player 5 - Katter is wolfbro #2
player 6 - Onion is the true troublemaker
player 7 - Mith is the robber
player 8 - MMG is the seer
player 9 - Coq is the insomniac
discard 1 - hunter
discard 2 - villager #2
discard 3 - villager #3

Night time START!
* Gaspy and Katter get confirmed to each other as wolfbros
* MMG the Seer sees discards 1 and 2.
* Robber Mith swaps her card with Anidav's, sees that he is a villager. They both remain town-aligned.
* I, DIO the Witch, peek at discard 3 and give Mith that fresh new villager card, no change.
* Troublemaker Onion swaps villager Anidav with wolf Gaspy. :siren: Anidav is now a werewolf, while Gaspy is town :siren: Katter would be the 2nd wolf.
* Coq confirms that he remains the Insomniac

If Katter's telling the truth though, let's redo that last bit:
* Troublemaker Katter swaps Gaspy with MMG, suggests Gaspy and Onion would be the wolves. Except now that he switched, it'd be MMG and Onion who're the wolves, with Gaspy switched over to town, right?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gaspy, whichever troublemaker is real you gotta be one of the wolves. But both of them are claiming to have switched you! You should be town now! Sell out your evil former brethren for victory! :getin:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

Not necessarily a wolf TBH, Birb is very much out there, but Birb always does weird things, so it could be just Birb being Birbwolf.

well, you know from your role that Anidav was a villager. From the rest of the data that tells me that Gaspy was lying about his own villager claim. If he's a tanner instead of Birb, Birb was goofing around so much he was hoping we'd think he was the tanner and not lynch him as a wolf. And Gaspy would be the tanner needing to get lynched to win. Now maybe his "Gaspy cannot be lynched" complex goes so far he actually would've preferred to lose, but I think it would've been more fun to pull a "oh no, don't throw me in the briar patch" routine and get himself lynched to win.

But ANYWAY yeah that is all moot cause both troublemakers are saying they switched him with town. So Gaspy should just confess his former status.

Anidav posted:

Wouldn't I get a PM if I were to become a wolf?

NO that is the point or else it'd be too easy

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Actually, if Gaspy was the tanner all along and NOT wanting to fulfill his win condition, he should've just cleared up that he was the tanner early on, cause we wouldn't want to lynch him then. And we could've then turned on BirbWolfstrike instead as the liar. So yeah, I think Gaspy's gotta be an ex-wolf and Birb the tanner.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So who's still actually a wolf?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So Gaspy's saying Onion was the wolfbro. Katter's gambits was just so suggestive of him being a scrambling wolf that I find this hard to believe. But would Gaspy actually throw the game out of some misplaced ex-wolf sense of loyalty?

I am currently re-reading the thread from the mindset of this alternate universe I have been suddenly dropped into see if that makes sense or not.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Better question: would gaspy lie?

Would gaspy lie to lose a game?

If it goes against your own private win condition in your head, maybe :v:

But eh, how about this - I'll believe you if you still stick with your story after this:

If your wolfbro was Katter all along, that means we get to lynch Anidav! :dance:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Also I have two win conditions:

- find all scum
- don't get lynched

And I achieved the first one with my role PM :haw:

But that's why that sounds too boring for that to be the end of it when instead there could be riddles within riddles and the real success is to still fool us all somehow!

...but okay yeah I'm prolly being too paranoid. :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

What is funny is "swapping gaspy for MMG"? That's exactly what Beet claimed he did as scum last game.

See, I knew it sounded weird!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this is nuts thank you for being considerate of my equally nuts paranoia in these final moments

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

do we win if we lynch only one werewolf? or do we have to lynch both?

you shoulda seen what we would have to do to lynch NO werewolves!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If I'd been the tanner, I'd have tried being all "hahaha heeeeeey guess what guys I got vanilla townie villager again, for real this time though!" and try and twig people's paranoia that I was really trying hard to not get caught as a werewolf again.

It seems like a hard role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MaliciousOnion posted:

If it weren't for you meddling kids, I would've got away with it too!

Seriously, though, game was a blast. I thought I had a pretty good chance until Bif came in with their logic and reasoning.

I was pretty convinced it had to be Katter instead of you till right near the end, though. Once I figured Gaspy had to be the first wolf, claiming to switch him with the tanner seemed way too convenient!

looking forward to seeing what the new roles are.

• Locked thread