Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

quote:

Name: Le Grande Mort
Hailing from: Marseille, France
Entrance: Dark & Emotional, plus pyrotechnics. Because wrestling.
Fighting style: High-flying, very dramatic to watch. Lots of displays of gymnastics and that kind of thing, backed up by solid technical work.

Bio: The son of a circus ringmaster, Mortimer was groomed from a young age in the art of the trapeze, the tightrope -- all of the most dangerous stunts a performer could do. But the others in the big top got jealous of his spotlight, and one day, while performing, there was an... "accident". The tightrope snapped, and so did Mortimer's neck. But that didn't stop him from getting his revenge -- first on his killers, and now on the world!!!

Real bio: Antoine really is the son of a circus ringmaster (though more Cirque du Solelil-style than anything), and he brings his theatrical background to the ring. He never liked that he hadn't really earned his reputation in the big top, and found professional wrestling to be an avenue that satisfied his need for dramatics and was still athletically challenging. His gymnastics background and flashy style quickly caught the notice of recruiters, and he found himself making more waves than he'd ever expected to on the wrestling circuit, and recently earned himself a spot on the TICWW roster. He'd probably call himself something of a method actor, and his brooding, angry ring persona sometimes accidentally bleeds into his backstage life.

Gimmick: Provocateur
Role: Heel
Starting Audience: +2

Look +1, Power -2, Real 0, Work 0

Moves:

Mind Games
When you engage in bizarre, outlandish
or mysterious behavior to psych someone out, roll +Look.
On a 10+ pick 2, on a 7-9 pick 1: you gain control (of the
situation, or of the match); gain +1 Heat with them; they
gain +1 Heat with you; take +1 Momentum. On a botch,
it reads as silly, lose all Momentum.

"Strangely Captivating"
When you're the sole focus of a segment, roll +Look instead of +Real.

Finishing Move: Tightrope Moonsault
When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6: On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. Choose whether your or your
opponent gains +1 Audience. On a 7-9, they make you work for it. Choose: you get the win through guile instead, gain
+1 Heat with them; or they help you play up your unique approach, and you each gain 1 Momentum. On a botch, you
still get the win, but pick one: it looks terrible, lose -1 Audience; or you mess up and injure your opponent.
Le Grande Mort
Audience +2 | Momentum: 0

Footage of last week's Triple Threat match plays: Le Grande Mort and two mid-carders -- one billed as a home-country hero -- brawling in the ring. The dead man is taking a rain of blows from both men, his costume makeup smeared slightly; it doesn't look good for him.

Le Grande Mort (voiceover): "They thought they could defeat me."

The two men are shown teaming up to beat on Mort. They are shown doing a bearhug hold/high kick combination; Death sells it like he means it. "They thought they could put me down." The Corpus King takes a rather brutal suplex in the middle of the ring. Cut to a dramatic-angle shot of him laying there, seemingly out cold. The other two men are distracted fighting one another now that the threat has been neutralized. "But they forgot one ... little ... thing."

Dramatic music as -- shock! -- Le Grande Mort suddenly sits bolt-straight, eyes fixed on the pair -- hungry for victory, for vengeance.

"Death. Doesn't. Die."

A series of cuts, each a highlight -- Bam! Spinning heel kick to the hometown champ. Pow! Catching one of the men with a clothesline, knocking him down. A few more spots for good measure, ending on a Tightrope Moonsault into a pin. The crowd is noisily booing the heel's upset victory as he stares -- first at his fallen opponents, and then at the audience itself, drinking it all in. At some point the referee handed him a microphone; he grabs it angrily.

"You can try to crush me; you can send anyone you want! But no one -- in this stadium, in this world -- can ever... truly escape... Death Itself."

His theme kicks in, all heavy guitars, as he throws the mic down and walks out of the ring. It barely drowns out the crowd's fury at having seen their local Superstar take a loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

(( Oi, sorry! I got poked, I'm here now. :blush: ))

Le Grande Mort
Audience +2 | Momentum: 0

(Yeah, a pre-taped promo makes no sense here.)

The lights drop. Aside from the crowd, there's silence -- but only for a moment. Guitar rolls in, twangy but with a hard edge. In the darkness, the Dead Man Walking steps forth before the titantron -- the effect is to make it look like he appeared from nowhere. Distortion kicks in, a burst of pyrotechnics, and a spotlight.

There he is. Death personified -- Le Grande Mort -- walking boldly down the ramp. He stands in the ring, expressionless and hard. As the lights come up, he begins to speak in gently French-accented English, which helps lend arrogance to his already-pompous presence.

"So it is you who I am to fight? Hah." That laugh says everything -- he's not taking Mikaela Winters seriously. "Alvarez' cowardice will not save him from his fate. I know he is watching. I want him to know that when I win --" his smug attitude almost gets drowned out by the crowd here "-- when I win, I will be coming for you."

He finally acknowledges Mikaela, though only briefly. "It's a shame you have to suffer for a man without honor. I will try to make this quick." He laughs again, a taunting laugh intended to earn more crowd-hate. He tosses the microphone off to the side, out of the ring, and steps back to await the beginning of the match.

(Should probably roll +look for Cutting a Promo, right?)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Cheers.

Cut a Promo: 2d6+1 7
Not bad! Gonna take +1 Heat with Mikaela for treating her so lightly, if that works.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Le Grande Mort
Audience +2 | Momentum: 0 | Heat with Mikaela +3

Le Grande Mort takes the handshake, but Death isn't one to fight fair -- he uses his grip on Mikaela to whip her into the ropes, an underhanded trick. As Mikaela's momentum leads her to bounce off the ropes, he runs toward her, arm out, to catch her with a clothesline. He's already getting good heat -- no sense not to play it dirty from the start.

(Since this's a very in-character way to get things started, rolling +Look.)

Wrestling +Look: 2d6+1 3

(Welp.)

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 27, 2015

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Cyphoderus posted:

I think you guys have done it already, but just to be clear, Mort gets Momentum -1 and Mikaela gets Momentum +1 and control of the fight.

(I can't get negative Momentum, can I? Do I just stay at 0?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Le Grande Mort
Audience +2 | Momentum: 2 | Heat with Mikaela +3

(Looked and you're right, I should've had 2 momentum. Dunno how I forgot. Lost 1 and regained 1 so here I am, I guess!)

This is just gonna be one of those matches, isn't it? It's hard to not show the frustration on his face as Mort gets back to his feet, and he's gonna be feeling that shoulder all night. Just gotta find a rhythm, he tells himself, and springs back onto his feet. The two trade blows, and the Deadman seems to be losing ground, falling back each time one of her punches connects. When they near the ropes, though, he throws himself backward, bouncing himself off them to get momentum for a lariat takedown.

(Dunno if you still want me/us to hold off rolling for a post once we have momentum or not, or what to roll here, but I am posting!)

• Locked thread