Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
One thing I wonder is, have you ever wanted someone close to you to ask if you were gay? My best friend of 17 years (we're in our 30's) has been increasingly withdrawn from our core group of friends of late, and I worry that it's because he's afraid we'll judge him for being gay. I want to ask him since I've always thought so, but worry that he'd be really offended or embarrassed. I want him to come back around more, so I can ask him to be the godfather of my kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

so-i-creep-yeah posted:

This depends on a lot of things. For the most part, I actually would prefer it for a close friend to ask rather than have me try to find some opportunity to come out (in fact, that's sort of my 'policy' at the moment - if someone wants to know, they'll ask, and I'll tell them). I can also see myself, if the topic comes out super out-of-the-blue, denying it almost by instinct and then later feeling obligated to keep the lie going. If you want to go through with it I'd probably focus almost exclusively on your concern about him being so withdrawn, and maybe bring it up like, "you know you could talk to me about anything right? I don't care if you're on drugs, if you're gay, got an eating disorder, whatever, we can talk about anything."

How sure are you about him being gay?

Maybe 70/30. If he's not he's got something else going on, like being asexual. He's talked to my parents about not sleeping with his ex girlfriend (as in, didn't want to despite feeling like it's expected, and her wanting to) and not knowing why.

• Locked thread