Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I made too many decisions in my life based on what other people and family thought would make me happy. I dumped the girls they didn't like. I married the one they disliked the least. I went to the school they wanted me to go to, studied what they thought I should study. Your early 20's kind of suck for decision making.

Eventually I moved several states away from them for a new job, and became my own person, and did what the hell I wanted to do. I often got disapproval from 700 miles away, but at that point it was easy to put it out of my mind.... until eventually their opinions stopped mattering at all. My own decisions ending up being good ones, and I was finally happy, and my own man.

They say you are never hated as much as by the people in your home town. Get away. Let it go. Be free.

Good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread