Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
yeah, people not contrubting to our security should be disposed of. We must remain vigilant.

##vote Amnistar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
also if there's a scum SP that involves taking out a town power role I have basically handed it to them on a silver platter for which I apologize

white mans burping posted:

re: NK as vig

We have a saying here in auspoo: "Kill 'em all, and let the grid sort them out"

will do mon frere

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

nice, I just didn't want TOML to roll on Amnistar if they were not lurker

:hb: ##vote Amnistar

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
This is a lynching I can get behind.

##vote Amnistar

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

all right thats 7 votes, Kommando I can drop the hammer but did you want to try and get someone to take your place instead?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

all right thats 7 votes, Kommando I can drop the hammer but did you want to try and get someone to take your place instead?

is that necessary?

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015

Kommando posted:

is that necessary?

what the gently caress mate

what about your special power condition?

noone is even suggesting amnistar is scum were just suggesting hes a lurker

get off the bongs

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kommando posted:

is that necessary?

better not to take the risk if it can be avoided

also just a reminder: don't post in twilight, the thread will be open for discussion at night

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
##vote Amnistar

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye Amnistar!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

too late.

and my food arrived.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Sorry I'm late, had to change from within.

:siren:Amnistar, Town-aligned Wesley CrusherTerraformer (Vanilla Town), has been lynched Day 1!:siren:

The Weather Paradigm Secret Project has been deactivated (Alignment confirmed to the thread if alive on Day 3)

It is now Night 1. Get me your night actions in the next 12 hours.

Thread will remain open.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
that was underwhelming

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Birdstrike posted:

Sorry I'm late, had to change from within.

:siren:Amnistar, Town-aligned Wesley CrusherTerraformer (Vanilla Town), has been lynched Day 1!:siren:

The Weather Paradigm Secret Project has been deactivated (Alignment confirmed to the thread if alive on Day 3)

It is now Night 1. Get me your night actions in the next 12 hours.

Thread will remain open.

...you made me an innocent child? You monster!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Personal Log posted:

Night 1 on Planet

As we suspect sabotage in the Unity Incident, representatives of the various factions gathered today over secure datalink to share intel and discuss our personal observations.

Fingers were pointed, voices were raised, and gradually our eyes turned to one who sat back and said nothing. Thinking this to be sinister and with fear of further malice ahead, we ordered security agents to terminate them.

Our orders were carried out.

A probe team was assembled to investigate the personal effects left behind, and, to the credit of their training, results came swiftly back over the datalink.

We were in error.

It seems our silent suspect was assigned to the terraforming squad attached to their colony pod. I wonder if their silence was merely due to anxiety about the Incident, coupled with worry about their upcoming duties.

We must be more cautious in the future. Our enemies are unknown to us , and we must remain strong not to fall to paranoid delusions.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Amnistar posted:

...you made me an innocent child? You monster!

I'M SORRY

I won't say I didn't laugh when the RNG came up for you though :v: I hope your stay was enjoyable for the time you were here :)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh NOW he shows up :v:

This thread staying open feels weird, but it leaves a lot more time for last-thoughts-in-case-of-nightkill posting. And with extra knowledge of the flip too! But I'm still pretty useless without anything solid to go on yet. This will probably become really useful as the game goes on a bit further, though.

white mans burping
Feb 24, 2015
It was missus marple in the pickling cellar with a hammer!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I warned you about unwarranted violence towards those who can't speak for themselves, bro! I warned you, dog!

Alright I didn't actually but I feel I should have done.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

white mans burping posted:

It was missus marple in the pickling cellar with a hammer!

man this is the weirdest sounding breadcrumb

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

:sweatdrop: crap.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
On the positive side, the odds of lynching a scum next time just improved.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Playing Mafia mostly asleep was surprisingly fun in retrospect

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Night 1 Results:

razorrozar, Town-aligned Scout Patrol (Vigilante), has been killed!

The Secret Project The Command Nexus (1x PsiProof, 1x doublevote) has been deactivated.

The Secret Project :siren:The Citizens' Defence Force :siren:has been activated!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
It is now Day 2.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (13): Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Gough Suppressant, Kleedrac, Kommando, MaliciousOnion, Matthew Beet, Mithranderp, thatbastardken, Those On My Left, Tirade, white mans burping, Zetsubou-san

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 19th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 13 hours, 49 minutes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sure am glad we rushed that lynch through. :rolleyes:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Hey gaspy, why did you drop the hammer so early last night?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

razorrozar posted:

Playing Mafia mostly asleep was surprisingly fun in retrospect

Birdstrike posted:

Night 1 Results:

razorrozar, Town-aligned Scout Patrol (Vigilante), has been killed!

Lol.

I mean

RIP vigilante.

Birdstrike posted:

The Secret Project :siren:The Citizens' Defence Force :siren:has been activated!

So from memory this gave a perimeter fence in every city so in light of razorrozar's secret project, probably more defensive bonuses for whoever just got this.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

I'd put it out of character for gaspy so my only guess would be:

Birdstrike posted:

If so, depending on the flavour of the secret project did he just sacrifice a town to improve his own protection?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
:ghost: Good luck town :ghost:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Tirade posted:

Yeah, I'd like to know this too.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

I'd put it out of character for gaspy so my only guess would be:

If so, depending on the flavour of the secret project did he just sacrifice a town to improve his own protection?

Yeah maybe, but he also screwed Kommando's project by not giving him the opportunity to get off the vote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

Sure am glad we rushed that lynch through. :rolleyes:

Ehhhh, it was only a rush by Auspol 10-minutes-to-deadline standards and the lynch itself wasn't a bad idea really, looks like it wasn't even too scummy to try and get the heat off razor in retrospect.

Unless you're talking about the Gaspy thing. I was working on a nice sassy post to Kommando about making up his mind if he cares about his secret project or not before the hammer fell. I'd like to hear from both of em, actually. Being there ready with the vote and not even saying anything so Kommando could step down was kind of rude. But Kommando didn't seem to even give a poo poo when I asked him about it? They're both acting weird.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Tirade posted:

Two reasons:

One, it was fun. I've never got to hammer someone before and I thought eh why not. It was what, two hours early on day one? Day one is crap anyway.

Two, it's a nice set up because like a lot of my plays it looks scummy, so it'll plum up data AND work towards delaying my inevitable night kill. Scum always keep me around thinking they can train a lynch on me, and they're always wrong.

I'm now in a position where I can observe who is making an approach towards me being the "obvious" target and I'm more than convinced scum will slip up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

"Again I don't explain anything I ever do in Mafia because I'm a GENIUS and anyone who comes after me must be scum. :smuggo:"

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Matthew Beet posted:

"Again I don't explain anything I ever do in Mafia because I'm a GENIUS and anyone who comes after me must be scum. :smuggo:"

Pretty much

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Didn't I just explain why I did it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I have no mechanical information on what my project does, just the trigger conditions and name.

not voting is not helping the town.
and I'm behind lynching lurkers.

also, was out for dinner and farewell for a german friend. with the momentum I probably could have backed out but phyx snyped the lynch.

• Locked thread