Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Me 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Quoting so TOML can see this.

Hrm maybe

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

I'm going to be boardgaming all day Sunday(get to try out the x-com game finally!), so I'd probably prefer a Monday start if possible, not sure about other peoples thoughts

Easy either way

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

alright, everyone into the delorean, we're going to the future

hi goons

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i'm always very chill

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

Good morning :3:

hi mith

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

So TOML has nothing to worry about till after the game is over. :v:

what?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

we're all space boat people on this new planet, and should work on being excellent to each other.

get in the loving airlock

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i don't like first days, i am not patient

i want things to happen

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

Wow hostile much?

Also we already landed, you can't space people now.

sorry tbk you know i'm just kidding

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Lying is not good for town you know.

hey beet how were burgers last week

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

They were good bro. Muyb said they take ages but I think we got our food within five minutes? And a seat inside.

nice. i hope i can make the next one. missing a burger appointment, a shameful toml

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

How was Douglas was he good?

he was great. we drank some port

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Soag's done a lot of scummy lampshading and none of his town style doggedness, would vote, but not certain.

cool

##vote white mans burping

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

never not lynch d1

always lynch d1

always

never not

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

whaaaat

why not at least leave the sleep vote just in case so if we like your pick we can jump on it later? Also your Riker looking like a smashed avocado is unnerving me.

##vote razorrozar

yeah that's pretty compelling actually

##vote razorrozar

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

there is no way anyone can verify this.

It also sticks out as really odd. Not voting is anti-town. Removing all role madness stuff the only weapon town has is the lynch so by not exercising your town power (voting), so as to meet your own special secret project conditions, strikes me as not being very beneficial to town.

How would we know if your secret project is worth trusting you on not having to vote. It'd an excellent way to fly under the radar, except for the part where you've drawn attention to yourself.

I'm not keen on this.
I can't verify that specific claim, obviously, but I have a secret project with what sounds like a similar condition, so it doesn't strike as inherently improbable.

Also, my secret project condition was followed by a clarification from the mod, so again I can also buy that Kommando isn't quite sure on how his works.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

so here's what I don't get about razzorrazzamatazz

1) why he is still awake

2) why he returned to the thread only to defend himself

3) why he's so concerned with saving his own skin. if you're vanilla townie, you know that your death doesn't really matter (except in so far as it lowers the total town numbers). if you're vanilla town, you just want town to win, you don't care if yourself survive. so typically you'd expect a good vanilla townie to say "welp, i'm town, watch who's leading this".

that makes me think he's either a bad mafia player, a scum player, or a townie with a role

the way he suddenly knew to return to the thread to defend himself makes me think scumdoc.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

We all have secret projects so the idea isn't what I'm challenging, it's his usefulness as town, if he is town, when he can't vote and the benefit to town for accepting that risk.

I am not 100% sure that he outright can't vote at all. The fact that he's seeking clarification, and the fact that I've had mod PMs about a seemingly similar secret project condition, make me think he might not be lying.

If his uncertainty gets resolved the way I think it will, then he's not useless to town.

My secret project condition basically invites me to gamble. If I can achieve it, sure, something great might happen. But bad poo poo might happen along the way, and there's no guarantee I'll get it anyway.

Let's wait and see what Kommando gets by way of clarification.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

also, helen razorazorazauruz, i am sorry if i have misgendered you

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

##unvote

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i'm really not feeling the push on gaspy tbh

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i am kind of suss on beet at the moment for pushing on gaspy today and for arguing with me about kommando yesterday

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

suss on me like every game ever. right.

yeah it's not exactly news that i find you really hard to read and this routinely makes me suspicious of you

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

I'm just working with what I've got. I'll spell out my thinking thus far:

1) Kommando posts that his secret mission is completed if he doesn't vote for a town lynch twice. After thinking about it for a bit I reckon that admission makes him more likely town than not. There was no real pressure for him to post it, and if he was scum that's the kind of thing you'd keep to yourself since it'd be relatively easy to complete.

2) Kommando votes for Amnistar.

3) The vote count gets to 7, bif and I think wmb suggest that Kommando takes his vote off Amnistar so as to not gently caress up his project.

4) Gaspy hammers.

So my reason for voting for you is that by hammering, you screwed up a likely town's project. Argue with my conclusions if you want, but don't pretend that my "straight off the bat shade throw" came from nowhere.

this is the most persuasive thing i've seen said about asphyxious

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kommando posted:

I really wish Mithranderp would just post and not just promise to effort post later.

that behaviour of mith's made me super suss on her last game but it turned out she was town then. i think uni really does just devour her weekdays.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i'd like to vote for someone but i don't know who

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Toml you're more quiet than your recent quiet chill games.. No comment on gaspy painting you 50/50?

:shrug:

i'm not good at mafia, beet. my reads are famously unreliable. i'm just reading at this point.

as for gaspy painting me 50/50, i don't mind. if scum think there are people in the thread who doubt my alignment, i'm less likely to get nightkilled by them. no one seems to be taking gaspy's suspicion of me super seriously, so i don't feel the need to defend myself.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

##unvote I feel the posts since WMB have revealed a fair bit more scummy behaviour than his idiot post

this is the most town thing GS has done imo, i haven't really considered him as scum because I thought this was quite genuine and insightful

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i have no loving idea tbqh

##vote white mans burpin

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

hahaha just when I thought I was having a game where I was never suss on you for once you show up to just vote something outta nowhere pretty late! But then, you were town last time I was watching you do that all over the place and thought it was scummy... but it's for Soag, and he sounds like his usual scumhunting self, I think.
i genuinely have no idea this game

i don't know what soag sounds like, he asked me to keep him on ignore for this game.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

wmb - it's an old user name of his

i'm about to eat some pasta and go watch game of thrones, might not be back in time for hammer

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

don't, it's really not worth it

(the GoT not the pasta. pasta is always worth it)

yeah i know, this is probably my farewell to the show.

the pasta was good btw

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i breadcrumbed that all the way through day one you loving morons, good work

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

just staggeringly loving stupid

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i mean, my god

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Breadcrumbs are useful because you can later refer to them if pressed, you can say look I am not making this up because it's convenient , I flagged this earlier

Of course that would require there to be a conversation, but no, much better to pile on after a poster has left the thread and can't defend themselves. God forbid a player ever goes to watch some tv.

Also lol at anyone saying my Breadcrumbs were too subtle, because it's loving stupid to expect a town doctor to be too obvious because the scum will then know who to kill

Also it should have been obvious that I was town from my secret project chat, especially after the secret project discussion with Kommando and the sp info in the flips

Anyway good luck town, you need it

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kommando posted:

I fixed it

I'm a fixer.

my god

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

actually kind of hoping town loses at this point, scum have this poo poo loked down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

##nerve staple TOML

Sry bro

• Locked thread