Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Zoolooman posted:

Do armor dyes drop in the main game since I have the DLC installed, even if there aren't any dye merchants until B&W?

Someone did post a mod for it earlier in the thread though. Only one I could find from a quick google search also lowers the price (might be necessary, not sure?).

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1955/

Not sure if it's the same one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Lotish posted:

Does the "I can quit anytime I want" achievement require exactly seven potions or decoctions? Because I took 10 and didn't get the achievement.

I've had 3 decoctions and multiple potions on, tried drinking every potion under the sun without decotions and have never had it trigger. At one point I counted like, four or five more effects than what was "needed" (pops mold antidote, drowner pheremones). Do I have to take off the "Get an extra point of toxicity for each level 1/2/3 recipe known" skill off, or what?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Arcsquad12 posted:

Both. KOTOR 2 is definitely the better game, but I still love the original. It was my first real PC game and I've played it at least a dozen times.

Yeah, 2 is definitely better but 1 still has some really good moments - I especially love the Dark Side ending to 1, especially the scene where one of the Chief good guys is talking to your apprentice who is leading them into an ambush, and you're standing in the background smirking and going :ssh: at them.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Zoolooman posted:

Reading over the descriptions, I suspect the other super cheesy skills are the activatable Quen shield and any build that would allow you to drink a synergistic combo of decoctions instead of just one.

If you get far enough in any skill set, you will become powerful enough. The cheese, however, is when you put things together. For example, the max toxicity per recipe known skill in the alchemy tree, later on, allows you to chug two decoctions called ehkidna and ekimmara (iirc) which makes any damage you deal and any stamina you spend heal you. Yup.

Maxed out quick attacks subtree with cat gear and superior oil? If you hit them once, they are already dead, they just don't know it - you are a goddamn anime ninja samurai from not-Poland. Fancy attacks not your poo poo? Then go strong attacks, get bear armor, max Quen and go Skellige juggernaut one-shotting motherfuckers in the road to the next pub to own some fools at gwent.

(Only thing that has become more underwhelming as the game got patched, imho, is if you go with a pure signs build. While you can easily go that route and it will kick rear end, it isn't the absolutely overpowered poo poo-is-going-to-be ruined as it once was.)

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Transmetropolitan posted:

(Only thing that has become more underwhelming as the game got patched, imho, is if you go with a pure signs build. While you can easily go that route and it will kick rear end, it isn't the absolutely overpowered poo poo-is-going-to-be ruined as it once was.)

Blood&Wine buffed that with aard improving mutation that gives it freeze and instakill effects, and grandmaster griffin gear set bonus letting you doublebarrel spells.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

So is it a normal thing that after adding the expansions all my mastercrafted gear crafting diagrams disappear? Because that kind of sucks.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I just started playing this again, and got right to the point where I left off last time (Novigrad, trying to find Dandelion). I still can't believe how much effort was put into this game.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the bit near the end where you get the xenonaut achievement was just flabbergasting.

like, they could have just recycled a bunch of assets and enemies, but no - a whole bunch of new poo poo, for a single quest.

e: YOU. YES, YOU. HAVE YOU GOT WATER ON THE BRAIN?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

the bit near the end where you get the xenonaut achievement was just flabbergasting.

like, they could have just recycled a bunch of assets and enemies, but no - a whole bunch of new poo poo, for a single quest.

e: YOU. YES, YOU. HAVE YOU GOT WATER ON THE BRAIN?

these games are really expensive, it makes me happy and sad all at the same time

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Anti-Hero posted:

I'd like to know the answer to this, too. From what I know of NG+ there doesn't seem to be much of an advantage, if any, over just starting NG again.

Less hunting down gear and ability points, more just playing through the game.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Arglebargle III posted:

Less hunting down gear and ability points, more just playing through the game.

You don't have to make all the potions, oils and decoctions all over again either.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

So I take it theres not really a "good" ending to this heist, huh? Looks like a bag of dicks no matter how you play it.

Which brother is less of a oval office?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Nephthys posted:

So I take it theres not really a "good" ending to this heist, huh? Looks like a bag of dicks no matter how you play it.

They're both equally cunty, just in different ways.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I killed em both. :v:

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Radiation Cow posted:

So is it a normal thing that after adding the expansions all my mastercrafted gear crafting diagrams disappear? Because that kind of sucks.

I just checked and still have all the witcher gear diagrams, not sure what could have gone wrong
I'm playing on the gog client if that matters

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Drifter posted:

WIthout the minimap the game would have taken me 10 times as long. :eyepop:

I'm still on my first playthrough, playing without the minimap, it owns. Crazy immersive, just getting lost sometimes, actually wandering around villages looking for the Eolderman or whoever.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Vitamin P posted:

I'm still on my first playthrough, playing without the minimap, it owns. Crazy immersive, just getting lost sometimes, actually wandering around villages looking for the Eolderman or whoever.

Yeah, if you're on a second playthrough I strongly recommend turning off the minimap or getting a mod that makes it less distracting.

I've noticed a handful of cool new details at every location/environment I explored my first time through. If you're an RPG immersion turbo-nerd this is the perfect game for you since the absolute best parts are the dialogue/cutscenes and environments/world-building.

e: CDPR spent an enormous amount of effort in detailed world-building, I think you're really missing out if you're not trying to immerse yourself in the game world.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 27, 2016

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Why does nobody talk about how the opening scene of the game is a magical crab pincing a guy in the dick.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Radiation Cow posted:

Are you on PC? If so, download the console mod and add them back. I don't remember the commands but you should find them easily enough on google.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Staltran posted:

Are you on PC? If so, download the console mod and add them back. I don't remember the commands but you should find them easily enough on google.

Oh no, nevermind. I was speaking to the dwarf instead of the Skellige armor lady. :downs:

In other news, I finished up the base game and got the Ciri becomes a witcher ending. What influences that? I'd like to aim for the alternate ending when I do my next playthrough.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Radiation Cow posted:

Oh no, nevermind. I was speaking to the dwarf instead of the Skellige armor lady. :downs:

In other news, I finished up the base game and got the Ciri becomes a witcher ending. What influences that? I'd like to aim for the alternate ending when I do my next playthrough.

If you take Ciri to see the Emperor, she ends up becoming Empress. If you don't do that, she stays with Geralt. If you do the wrong thing for enough of the "good dad" moments, she dies

chaos rhames posted:

Why does nobody talk about how the opening scene of the game is a magical crab pincing a guy in the dick.

Everybody was too stunned from seeing that those sexy legs belonged to Geralt to be paying attention to the scene.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Crappy Jack posted:

If you take Ciri to see the Emperor, she ends up becoming Empress.

Any idea how (or if) this affects The Blood and Wine ending where Ciri shows up at Villa de Geralt after the final events, and her and Geralt talk about her being a Witcher?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

ROFLburger posted:

Any idea how (or if) this affects The Blood and Wine ending where Ciri shows up at Villa de Geralt after the final events, and her and Geralt talk about her being a Witcher?

If you romance Triss or Yen, they show up. Apparently Ciri shows up if they don't (people in this thread have posted that Empress Ciri shows up to talk about being Empress, Witcher Ciri talks about being a Witcher), and if she's dead, Dandelion shows up.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Gwent is going to start soonish for another four hour period. They actually added two more Starter Decks.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Crappy Jack posted:

If you romance Triss or Yen, they show up. Apparently Ciri shows up if they don't (people in this thread have posted that Empress Ciri shows up to talk about being Empress, Witcher Ciri talks about being a Witcher), and if she's dead, Dandelion shows up.

Man I thought I had it bad when both Anna Henrietta and her sister die at the end, and Ciri shows up after having abandoned Geralt when they were walking the path together. I can't imagine Ciri being dead and all you're left with is loving Dandelion

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So I'm unclear. I understand that B&W is meant to be like a farewell to the series, but is it one of those things that only opens up after the game is over, like Dragon Age Inquistion's Trespasser, or is it just intended that way and you can do its content anytime you have a sufficient level to not be curbstomped?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Lotish posted:

So I'm unclear. I understand that B&W is meant to be like a farewell to the series, but is it one of those things that only opens up after the game is over, like Dragon Age Inquistion's Trespasser, or is it just intended that way and you can do its content anytime you have a sufficient level to not be curbstomped?

You can do it any time, but you'll want to be at the recommended level (I think it's like 30 or so, can't recall off the top of my head), since arriving in Beauclair pretty much immediately starts with a pretty tough fight. There's nothing stopping you from going there pretty quickly in the game, but you'll be massively underleveled for it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Dandelion is your friend and he probably brought Zoltan who's just outside with Eskel and Lambert, stocking the wine cellar with a fuckton of booze.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lotish posted:

The game does not stop you from doing it whenever you want, but the storyline makes it explicitly clear these events are after the events of the main game. It's Geralt's extended epilogue and last big adventure.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

ROFLburger posted:

Man I thought I had it bad when both Anna Henrietta and her sister die at the end, and Ciri shows up after having abandoned Geralt when they were walking the path together. I can't imagine Ciri being dead and all you're left with is loving Dandelion

I watched all the possible endings on youtube and if the Duchess dies Dandelion os totally bummed out and says he's not going to bother staying very long after all

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Standalone Gwent: Pretty neat. Card games are not really my thing but I could see myself playing just to see all the card art.

Also I still don't know how to embed webm.

https://a.pomf.cat/gswtul.webm

Fake edit: maybe I do now

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Megazver posted:

Gwent is going to start soonish for another four hour period. They actually added two more Starter Decks.

That was fun couple of hours, but there is something missing from the playing experience compared to Witcher 3 and it's the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9fPWy1_o4

Rolling Scissors fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 27, 2016

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Nephthys posted:

The good ending is to originally side with your fellow robber and then cut him down when he tries to deny you the reason you're there.

The house goes to orphans.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Too bad there is no way to get that ending without having to kill Quinto or Casimir too. Those guys were OK. If I had to choose between the rear end in a top hat brothers, I'd probably go with Ewald. Slightly less smug and repulsive when compared to Horst, plus his theme song was really good.

Meta-Mollusk fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 28, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
All these new gwent cards make me salivate for new oneshot characters from the books getting art. I wonder what a Cohdringer and Fen card would look like.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
With NG+ can you choose a different TW2 import save? If so, I'll do a full trilogy playthrough with the intent if/when I get to TW3 do use my carryover TW2 but start in NG+.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Anti-Hero posted:

With NG+ can you choose a different TW2 import save? If so, I'll do a full trilogy playthrough with the intent if/when I get to TW3 do use my carryover TW2 but start in NG+.

Nah you can't. It really doesn't change much though. All that really gets taken into account is who's alive or not, and even then it only reduces the amount of content you get to experience. Also whether you have a neat tattoo or not.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Anti-Hero posted:

Yes you can and I've done it. You can start new game plus then import your canon blue stripes tattoo Geralt without issue.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Huh, apologies then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

chaosapiant posted:

Yes you can and I've done it. You can start new game plus then import your canon blue stripes tattoo Geralt without issue.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Huh, apologies then.

I used someones TW2 import from here on NG as I lost my TW2 saves, so Geralt already has the sweet tattoo. I know the import changes very little, but I used a Iorveth import and have yet to play through Roche's path in TW2, so great news that I can do that!