Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Sharmat posted:

Oh God, this. I like starting over but it being Northern Realms every time is so boring. By the time the other decks are playable by Northern Realms deck is godlike and there's no reason to play the others. Yes, I know, I could do it anyway, but I dislike having to deliberately cripple myself.

Nilfgaard deck owns :colbert:

Shame their best ability is acquired after you beat the tournament and at that point there isn't anyone that can challenge your gwent dominance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pik_d posted:

I'm still not convinced by that line (that didn't make it into the game), how do you make sure that your plan to kill someone who has successfully not been killed for 300+ years is foolproof?

Phillipa has been captured before. It isn't like shes invincible. Just keep throwing bodies with some dimeritium scattered around until she dies. Or use other mages. etc

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cheesetriangles posted:

How the gently caress did no one post the trailer yet?\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffdxS9R6NTE

:flashfap: gently caress I am hype for this.

Snak posted:

So you're a domestic abuse apologist? :confused:

lmao

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pwnstar posted:

Triss is the immature choice for fairytale loving teenagers, Yen is the mature choice for pun loving dads.

Comedy option: should've run off with Kiera. gently caress everyone and Ciri, I'm going to get money.

Swedish Horror posted:

What sorceresses has Geralt not banged? You can probably count them on one hand.

Phillipa...

...yet :twisted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Want that cow card

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Sharmat posted:

Keira is cool. And yes, she can still come.

Lambert, Lambert, what a prick

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Swedish Horror posted:

The (minor HoS spoilers) wedding sequence is amazing. Everything about it is wonderful.

Yea the Vlodimir quest was amazing. Right up there with the drinking buddies at Kaer Morhen.

Overall the expansion was ok. Probably because I didn't give 2 fucks about von Emeric and would've rather more screentime been given to O'Dimm.

I think I was still a level short to use the new viper swords. Did anyone find the steel? sword recipe, or whatever one that wasn't in the vault?

I'm curious as to which of the final rewards is the best. The sword seems neat, but I haven't had a chance to play around with it in combat. I'm curious how long the recharge time / hp drain is. Beyond that, I'm guessing the infinite alchemy booze is the best reward.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SectumSempra posted:

Is the expansion a handful of hours or just a few quests?

It's probably 8-9 hours for most people.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Xarn posted:

So, which patch removed some of the talents being always active? Because right now I am running around with full slots and some maxed skills that I just cannot use, and levelling seems kinda pointless.

I wish that the dlc added another sink for talent points. I have like 10+ unused because there is nothing to spend them on since I have everything I want maxed.

ymgve posted:

Anyone know if I can use any of the auction items for quests? I sold the picture but I still got the glasses (which if nothing else makes Geralt look pretty dorky when equipping them) and the falcon statuette is marked as a quest item

I think the last one is for Triss. Shame she disappears in the postgame. I'm curious as to what the reward is.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Have the statuette disassembled.

Are there locations for the new gwent cards yet? I couldn't find the cow one. :saddowns:

What was the reward?

And the cow gwent card is found on the 2nd floor of the barn during the wedding quest. It's on the ground.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

iRend posted:

Finished the game. Best 70 hours i've spent in a while. Dove into new game+ only to find out that Gwent cards don't carry across, and quit immediately.

Gwent cards should have 100% carried over so you can use the monster and elf decks earlier on.

edit: I meant ng+ should have carried them over but cdprojeckt decided against that. currently it does not which is stupid.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 14, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Honest Thief posted:

So how the heck people go on about with their 30+ builds? There's only 12 slots as far as I know

Let the points sit there :eng99:

or take some other talents for fun.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sekenr posted:

Good old Witcher, of course there has to be the same loving thing. Had the misfortune of having a drink at the wedding and now the drunk effect won't go away. Way to ruin your own game with one simple solution, CDPR.

Was this on PC? Because it went away like instantly for me. AND I DRANK ALL THE BOOZE

ymgve posted:

Another thing I noted about 1.10/DLC performance - loading times seems much longer now, especially fast traveling within the same region (This is on a PC with a SSD)

Yea I thought it was just me, but they definitely seem longer than before.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I'm teasing. It's a fair criticism. I didn't work on that part, but I did have a hand in another quest I'm not super proud of. But I think we've still managed to pretty consistently hit a very high quality level, especially considering that our team is a tiny fraction of the size of other studios operating in this marketspace . I'm not trying to minimize your frustrations, merely the suggestion that we did this out of a desire to hurt you, personally.

You are hurting me personally by making me choose between cool horse armor or infinite food or infinite alchemy booze or the 2 best swords :argh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Another Person posted:

if you didn't finish the dlc then don't read this

do you actually get those items if you ask for it? I asked for nothing because it seemed like a massive trap. And then I reloaded and took a totally different path to do O'Dimm's riddle (the game should really make visiting Shani after going to the tavern a different quest, it confused me for a while) and ended up saving von Everech.

Also, gotta say, good work CDPR, I really enjoyed this DLC. So many high points.

You do get the items. Also I hope you found the venomous silver sword inside that dream world thing because that's the only place to get it haha

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Another Person posted:

Oh, sweet. I'm happy with the ending I went for in the end where I decided to see what Shani had to say which gives you a totally different ending, but it is cool to know you get those things.

This DLC had so many cool characters. Vlodimir, Olgierd, O'Dimm, Casimir, auction lady (I like anyone who was buds with Vesemir).

e; is the venemous silver sword a schematic inside the cave of Orens? if so, got it

No, that's the steel sword. The venomous silver sword is inside the final level. It's stuck in a stone at the end of one of the paths.

A bit lame that all the viper school gear is missable, but meh. Hopefully someone finds the console commands to add them in later.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaggitz posted:

Oh man that old lady at the auction who used to be lovers with Vesemir. :smith:

Also the wedding was loving A++ start to finish. Vlodomir and Shani da bes.

Should've had the option to give O'Dimm Olgeird's soul in exchange for Vlodimir's. Then he can possess the body and have hilarious adventures with Geralt. He was definitely the cooler brother.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bugblatter posted:

Was there a reason I missed as to why O'Dimm eating the apple tortured Vlodimir? Thought there might have been an aspect to his past or death that I missed. I was also unclear as to whether Vladimir went back to the crypt or if he suffered the "worse fate" (collecting his soul, I'd guess) that O'Dimm was threatening him with.

I'm assuming it's because O'Dimm is a dick. Probably just wanted to eat a tasty apple while slowly collecting Vlodimir's soul.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Krogort posted:

Damnit I knew something was wrong but why doubt the (so far) reliable quest tracker ?
Thought it was a pretty lovely sidequest.

Explore around the house with Witcher sense

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Krogort posted:

Found the trapdoor but can't open it after the quest has been turned in it seems.

quest spoiler - They were cannibals. They killed and ate that poor halfling. The trapdoor leads to their murder basement

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dongattack posted:

Thanks! Just finished the main storyline in the expansion and now i'm wondering about the ending: What kinda rewards do you get from Gaunter O'Dim if you side with him? I didn't.

You can pick between a 100 stamina racing saddle that also "addles" nearby enemies, an infinite source of food to eat for hp regen, infinite alchemy booze or 5000 crowns(lol). Or you can pick nothing like a chump.
If you went with Olgeird, well I hope you found the venomous silver sword in the dream world.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Savy Saracen salad posted:

Only a complete bore would choose Olgried over O'Dimm. My only complain was that there was too much Olgried, not enough Gaunter.

EDIT: Obvious ending spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Sdm3E5cpI Much more cooler. For those whom chose the other ending.

Liking the additional dialogue. See, he's not such a bad guy provided you don't try to get out of your pact.

O'Dimm > Olgierd.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Is there no way to get the viper steel sword diagram after I missed it in the vault in Hearts of Stone?

Think you are screwed.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CVagts posted:

Regarding the major decision at the end of the DLC:

Did anyone side with Gaunter over Olgeird for a reason besides "Gaunter gives you a cool thing"? Olgeird is hardly a saint, but I really can't see any reason to side with the loving Devil.

I sided with O'Dimm by default because I picked do nothing. gently caress them both. I just wanted the brand gone and to walk away. Not my problem you made a deal with the devil Olgierd. Olgierd is a huge piece of poo poo and O'Dimm is the loving devil.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spite posted:

My experience is that anywhere where vodka is the national drink tends to be pretty drat cynical.

And thinking about it some more - the mark of a well written Devil is that you have people saying "well, he seems pretty reasonable."

For me it's that while they are both poo poo, one of them is crazy powerful. I know who I don't want to piss off.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Arglebargle III posted:

Souls players always do this and it's agonizing to watch. You're crippling yourself. Gerald is so much more mobile than the monsters and parry is so bad. Stop holding down parry. Only ever riposte and dodge. Just leave the fight if you are getting overwhelmed. Gerald doesn't have a shield. Stop playing like you have a shield. Or use alt quen if you feel you must have a shield.

yea I don't think I used parry more than a handful of times. short dodge / roll is king for everything.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Someone mentioned earlier that the longer load times are caused if you hit continue at the title screen. If you manually load a save, it loads faster.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JoshTheStampede posted:

This is why Keira is my favorite and I wish the game let me pursue her as a main romance interest.

gently caress over witchers, get money :homebrew:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

So, I am honestly curious, how much sex is actually in this game? I've seen more than a few place act like Witcher 3 is pretty much non-stop Geralt sex adventures. I am glad they did away with the creepy sex card mini game from 1.

There is a lot less boning in 3 compared to 1. Witcher 1 was a giant bone zone for Geralt.

Would definitely take cheesy cards over awkward ingame sex scenes though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ravenfood posted:

Does anyone notice/care if you (DLC) romance Shani? That is, is she more like the people Geralt can sleep with that nobody cares about, or more Triss/Yen?

The former.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Palpek posted:

I really liked all the fisstech side-quests in the expansion. The drug theme was present in the main game but expanding on it with actual stories definitely enriched the worldbuilding.

I want to get hosed up on Fisstech and hunt monsters. I better be able to do this in the last expansion :argh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

Replenishing potions uses up strong alcohol. What's used up for bombs?

same thing

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Sharmat posted:

Is it just me or is Hearts of Stone a good bit longer than the advertised 10 hours? I guess it makes sense given that the base game was a lot bigger than the advertised 100 hours for a completionist playthrough.

It was like 7 hours for me so no. Maybe 8 hours after I explored all the unknown locations on the map.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Turin Turambar posted:

How that happens. edit: watching it right now in yt.

give her booze instead of the other gifts

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Well, you have to burn the bees away before you can collect them.

Geralt, the reason the Continent's bee population is dropping.

And WTF Game Jenny of the Woods contract, the final monster I can barely scratch even with the right oils and every potion I have available to increase damage. I can dodge its attacks well nough that I spend 20 minutes hacking away at it, and not even the first bar is gone. For a level 10 quest, that monster seems stupidly hard.

Are you using Yrden? Because you absolutely need to.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Well, i freed the spirit under the tree, which freed the kids from the Crones. Then I returned to the Baron and told him his wife was with them. Went with him to the swamp and found his wife transformed into a water hag. Killed the monsters, then went and freed her from the curse after finding Johnny. But she died in front of the Baron and their daughter. Baron told me to meet him back at his castle for my reward, and when I got there he was dead.

Something tells me this will screw things up a lot.

No it's self contained. It doesn't affect anything else.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Supreme Allah posted:

There is another ending for Skellige king quest if you don't help either option, and it's intensely metal, I was real pissed when I came across it because it's the one I would've chosen

(uh spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjo57X2WgSQ

You would miss out on a bunch of stuff though I guess if you don't help either of them.

fffffffffuck definitely would've gone that route.

The Sharmat posted:

Hearts of Stone ending Gaunter apparently is speaking the Elder Speech and a couple other languages in that ending. There's a translation on reddit if you trust it. Something about how Geralt is a stupid primitive and that Gaunter can't actually be killed or banished, he'll get you next time etc etc.

Now I kinda want the bad ending to zoom out and show O'Dimm before the monsters overrun the shack Geralt is in. Or show him getting his revenge on you in some other way.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Supreme Allah posted:

She never came close to dying when I controlled her.

I suspect you need more practice in your Ciri'ing.

Ciri > Gaunter

Gaunter can walk on invisible stairs in the sky. I haven't seen Ciri sky teleport slash people.

Gaunter > Ciri

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

The writing is much better and I hope the horse is named what it is for the reason I think it is. :v:

It's not named after Roche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's what I'm saying: everything you find in the witcher is a quest. you're finding something someone is gonna ask you to deal with, or you'll find the person asking you to deal with something. you finding quests is not really disproving my point, or even disagreeing with it. not every story you find in fallout is a quest tho; most aren't. like how you can go into a random mine and get ghost flashbacks to the past culminating in finding a secret ritual altar at the bottom, complete with computer entries and audio logs filling in the context. that's not a quest, it's just there. nothing points your way to it, there's no quest marker to follow; you find it or you don't. that's the difference when it comes to a feeling of exploration: a quest marker kind of ruins it. you don't feel like you're finding something

I found the majority of the markers on the overworld in the witcher 3 and there's nothing like that in it

edit: this isn't a knock against this game or anything, but I don't think it's going for the same thing as fallout

You can turn off the map markers in Witcher 3.

Boom problem solved

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 29, 2015