Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

goc posted:

I do not want to see Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins. I don't see how the dude who has been booked to squash John Cena & end Undertaker's streak can have a singles match with Rollins that doesn't have him completely demolishing Seth.

It just wouldn't work unless the match ends up being like Brock Lesnar vs. J&J Security, Big Show, Z-Gangsta, The Ultimate Solution, Kane & Seth Rollins in a Doomsday Cage match.

that's a stupid reason to not want to see a probably really good match between two great wrestlers since that can be covered by simple "heel weasels away from big face and cheats to gain advantage" booking that has been used for an eternity.

just have Brock smash his face into a ring post again, this doesn't take a ton of imagination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Or if they want to turn Seth Rollins into a legitimate wrestler instead of a giant baby, just have him actually put up a great fight vs Lesnar (even if he ends up getting destroyed, having to cheat to win, getting himself dqed, or whatever bullshit finish they want to book) and have the announcers put it over as a showing of what he's actually capable of and what a shame it is he relies on the authority instead of standing on his own blah blah blah

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Neville got a new shirt. I like it

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

shameful pun.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Is that a Rorschach test? Bill Goldberg as Nova.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

I like the individual aspects of it but none of them go together.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Or if they want to turn Seth Rollins into a legitimate wrestler instead of a giant baby, just have him actually put up a great fight vs Lesnar (even if he ends up getting destroyed, having to cheat to win, getting himself dqed, or whatever bullshit finish they want to book) and have the announcers put it over as a showing of what he's actually capable of and what a shame it is he relies on the authority instead of standing on his own blah blah blah

That's always kind of been the deal with Seth. He relies on every shortcut in the book, but when push comes to shove, he can hold his own against the best of them. Hell, he even back flipped out of a German and kicked Brock's head off before Brock destroyed Raw.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
brb making a CM Junk shirt

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The Neville shirt is cool except for the poo poo on the back, but wweshirts.txt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhW-JvO0joo

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Cult of personality started playing at the grocery store and I got all wistful.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Retromancer posted:

it's a sign that CM Punk is coming back to Kroger

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Man I want to go to the grocery store that plays Cult of Personality

A grocery store that's just wrestling themes would be even better. Hundreds of people D-Lo headbobbing their way down the aisle.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

That DICK! posted:

A grocery store that's just wrestling themes would be even better. Hundreds of people D-Lo headbobbing their way down the aisle.

"*PA speaker static* *audible sigh* Cleanup on all the aisles, that's right, all the aisles, I thought we told you to take D-Lo's music out of the rotation because this happens every goddamned time."

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
my local news radio station used AJ and Paige's themes for background music today

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

That DICK! posted:

You say that until they start playing The One Billy Gunn's theme.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

That DICK! posted:

I was in the Forbidden Planet in Belfast recently and the Nation's theme came on the radio very briefly, and a bunch of guys standing next to me were on the ball and quickly chimed in "are the Nation, of Domination" and then the song was skipped to the next one and I knew I wasn't the only one who was sad.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Retromancer posted:

Did you get down on one knee and check your watch?

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Retromancer posted:

Cult of personality played in the pub I was in last night...........but then so did Real American and Metalingus

The DJ was obviously a fan.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Gaz2k21 posted:

Cult of personality played in the pub I was in last night...........but then so did Real American and Metalingus

The DJ was obviously a fan.

I'm assuming the phrase "Where are all the women?" was muttered at least once.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Muddy Burphy posted:

I'm assuming the phrase "Where are all the women?" was muttered at least once.

a couple of women we're in attendance.........of course they had to be they we're the staff.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I just watched a Raw where Austin beat Ken Shamrock in an I Quit match because Shamrock passed out. Rusev should be the US CHampion

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
i only just caught NXT unstoppable. I'm only a bit familiar with the talent on this show and NXT in general but the women seem way the gently caress better than the men on this program. I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to think of one single way that say, Trish Stratus is better than Sasha Banks and I can't come up with anything.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Ghost Head posted:

i only just caught NXT unstoppable. I'm only a bit familiar with the talent on this show and NXT in general but the women seem way the gently caress better than the men on this program. I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to think of one single way that say, Trish Stratus is better than Sasha Banks and I can't come up with anything.

Looks

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

i dont even agree with that

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Ghost Head posted:

Don't worry, they'll soon be on raw where they can bask in 3 minute rollup matches

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Ghost Head posted:

i dont even agree with that

Sasha definitely has the fresher look at least. I think it's just a matter of wardrobe mainly because those hilarious push-up bras and cowboy hats Trish was rocking for most of her run are just as dated today as Lita's thong.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

that's my old username, i'm suing

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Hah, and not a Photoshop http://shop.wwe.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-wwe-Site/default/Search-Show?q=cm%20punk

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
if you were, like me, the kind of weirdo who actually would keep watching Raw matches during the commercial breaks using the app, that's apparently going away: http://www.wwe.com/mobile/wwe-discontinues-second-screen-raw-smackdown-27429171

I only did it for like 2 or 3 matches where I really liked the wrestlers, but it seemed like a neat idea, at least

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/25/hulk-hogan-may-be-up-for-villain-role-in-the-expendables-4/

Hulk Hogan posted:

Was talking on the phone with Sly about doing The Expendables 4. We’re trying to figure out a way to maybe turn me into the most evil man in the world. Y’know, Stallone gave me my first break and he’s been a great friend. We had a great conversation, talking about the possibilities. Can I still run, can I still jump? Well, not as fast or not as high, but I think Hollywood could find a good stunt man to help me out.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dr. rear end posted:

that's my old username, i'm suing

The next WWE 9/11.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

abraham linksys posted:

if you were, like me, the kind of weirdo who actually would keep watching Raw matches during the commercial breaks using the app, that's apparently going away: http://www.wwe.com/mobile/wwe-discontinues-second-screen-raw-smackdown-27429171

I only did it for like 2 or 3 matches where I really liked the wrestlers, but it seemed like a neat idea, at least

That sounds like the network finally noticed that WWE was actively trying to discourage viewers from paying attention to ads. Or they just weren't getting enough people using it to justify producing the content. I asssume they'll still use the app for voting for poo poo though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

gently caress it, I'm on board with that. It's probably the most sensible sentence Hogan's said in years, he even gave somebody else credit for his success.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Blasmeister posted:

That sounds like the network finally noticed that WWE was actively trying to discourage viewers from paying attention to ads.
I'm gonna go with your first reason because of their completely full of poo poo explanation:

quote:

Now, more than ever, your second-screen experience will instead be readily available on the platform of your choice, whether it’s WWE.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Periscope and many others. WWE is steadfastly committed to delivering the same level of engagement and multimedia-rich companion content you’ve come to love, taking you behind the scenes of every single show as they unfold live on the screen of your choosing.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Tom Philips is going off on Corey Graves on Periscope.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Endless Mike posted:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Yessssssss. Make this happen, Thunderlips and Rocky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Speaking of shirts, there's a special one for tonight, the last WWE event at the Coliseum (for now)

Now why didn't they have one for the Meadowlands

• Locked thread