Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lazy_Liberal posted:

I saw one person mention how it seemed like the girls were coached about what to say in their interviews. Anybody else have input?

"Love broomball. Like spelling. Hate math." X4

Every day of their lives. They've been coached since birth about what to say and how to behave around outsiders who don't understand the special glory of the family and the work it does to secure the kingdom of god on earth. Worldly authority doesn't understand. They are well-meaning and corrupted by the fallen world. These are things we can only talk about inside the family and away from the cameras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Has anyone mentioned that one of the kids called her vagina a penis holder? That seems even sadder than not knowing what to call it, which none of the other kids seemed able to do:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They mean that it's "pee-pee" as in urine and not "pee-pee" as in penis, like the kid is saying that the vagina is where you pee from because she's just a little kid and that's all the significance it has to her, which is refreshingly not creepy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

You Are A Elf posted:

So is this pic from 1989, or what?

The same year the sister was reported missing and both brothers gained 56 pounds.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I Hate Huckabee's (fat poo poo garbage son)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wonder if he'll lose his poo poo to have to answer to a woman directly.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

love that guy's aviators. You just know he worked in a pool supply store before becoming a winner on gor.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Goobish posted:

Didn't it say somewhere that they're taught that dinosaurs were the "dragons" in the Bible? I don't know I didn't read the whole loving Bible.

There's an episode of their show where they go to a creationism museum. The crew laugh about it and rip on the museum over the credits.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jim Bob.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

J

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

i

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

m

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

B

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

o

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

b

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Windows 98 posted:

Jim Bob gonna be outed for something good any second. I can feel it.

The unbearable suffering of innocent children has become delightful entertainment to me so suddenly that I didn't even realize it until now. I'm fantasizing about a secret dungeon with an unknown Duggar locked away right now. I can see the news crews and the shot from the CNN chopper team right there in my mind.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dr. Josef Mengele posted:

How does this thread have almost 5 pages for each kid of some trash folks

Jim Bob

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I'm pretty sure they still get headaches cause there's no way they're actually having orgasms

If they do it's a week in the shame pit.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Trust in Jesus because only a loving god would allow a child to rape his sisters and get away with it because his father had dirt on a crooked cop who made it all go away. God bless.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jim Bob

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Also I feel like that has to be wrong because there's never been an original joke on Family Guy. And half of them aren't even jokes, just Lion-O and Family Ties.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Bible posted:

Biblically, I think Cherubim are actually four faced creatures with revolving heads.

The fat naked babies are an invention of Catholicism because of course they are.

And despite their radical protestantism, I can think of at least one thing the Duggars have taken from Catholicism.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

KJV also important because it was meant to delegitimate other translations that questioned or challenged the divine right of kings.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Chim Shob

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Gorm Job

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Grim Job

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jhormm Brrrb

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

One Duggar in a thousand is born a Bob. One in a thousand Bobs may happen to be born a Jim.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jim Bob

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jorm Burb

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

D'himm B'qoub

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

My NaMe Is JoSh. I tAkE cArE oF tHe PlAcE wHiLe ThE jIm BoB iS aWaY. tHeRe Is No WaY oUt Of HeRe. It WiLl Be DaRk SoOn. ThErE iS nO wAy OuT oF hErE.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did anyone make like a True Detective thing about the Duggars? Seems like a good parody opportunity.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Don't forget that they believe god tasked them with going on television to witness to the masses. They think the show made them look good and that it helped them win converts.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

AbbadonOfHell posted:

The Fist of the Jim Bob Star

Legend of the Duggarfiend

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I can't do the whole thing, but I can give you this:

(first verse)
I've got my wife, but my sisters are enticing me
I fooled around, now the media's degrading me
Gawker goes straight for the throat
(I wish I could sail away on daddy's boat)

(pre-chorus)
My fin-gers want to get inside of you!
My boner quivers at the sight of you!
My values are backwards now
The more I am repressed, the more I cry!

Ooooh... And I touched you

You are the perfect Dugg, the perfect Dugg, the perfect Dugg

You are the perfect Dugg, the perfect Dugg, the perfect Dugg

etc...

Now do "Power of Dug."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He was positively identified and interviewed before he died. The rare successful goon project.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He's no joke like a folk hero. There are a thousand tales of the goatman, and a hundred deaths all told. What is true and what is false only one man knows, if he still lives.

The goatman? Aye, I met him once on the wastes, traveling to New Caledonia. He saved me from the sand pirates there. What happened to him after that, I can't say. He had no food and too little fuel. Normally bad odds for the windy season there. But he was no normal man--I knew it then and have heard it in the tales since. Stay a while, and listen.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

if i was a betting man, i'd err on the side of "he inherited a psycho cult way of life and then got a luck-out beverly hillbillies fortune when TLC asked to make a TV show out of him." you wouldn't call the grand wizard of the mormon church a genius or a manipulator, he ultimately inherited his followers from joseph smith. whoever actually started it was a smart motherfucker though

It's like the cult in True Detective. Jim Bob is that fat dead preacher and the kid is the methhead lawnmower man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

We've talked about the Christian Discipline movement, right? It seems really creepy but a lot of the discussion seems to be undersexed housewives trying to find ways of convincing their bewildered cornfed husbands that it's biblical and holy to spank them for being slow in serving up dinner.

• Locked thread