Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Toadvine posted:

hes derailing the gravy train and they need to keep him out of the public eye while they do damage control with their sponsors. Few sane people doubt there are more molestations (and not only by Josh's...hand) waiting in the wings, its just a matter of who leaks it.

The gravy train was derailed: Jim Bob and his creepy brood were trying to do another show where they 'help' the victims of molestation before the whole Ashley Madison thing broke. At this point, it's worth asking 'what next?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Do It Once Right posted:

In spite of them being a tax-free church, with as many kids as they have everything can go tits-up really fast without steady income.

And JIM BOB and michelle should be really thankful to Josh for taking the spotlight - their show about sexual abuse counseling would have been a disgusting trainwreck.

Yeah, they're struggling without the show income. I remember reading that they were begging TLC for the sexual counseling show just to get a steady paycheck back. But I doubt TLC would want anything to do with them, especially on a show that brings back the whole issue and puts it front and center and just magnifies why these people are insanely creepy.

Josh molesting killed the show. Everything else Josh does after that is just sinking the religion and showing everybody how hosed up it is.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Phobic Nest posted:

Or not, cuz having your sex life dictated by ancient goatherders is stupid.

If they were Duggars, that would be goatfuckers.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Buffer Overflow posted:

Well yeah, sure, they aren't going to college or you know, read but it sounds like they would have more hands on experience attending live births than most of the other people getting the fake midwife credential. I imagine the main issue would be them continually trying to cover the doctors eyes and yelling "Nike" if the ob/gyn happened to be a man.

I'm trying to look on the bright side here. The alternative is to assume that any Duggar that got separated from the swarm would just around and starve to death waiting for a TLC producer regurgitate into their mouth.

I'm just imagining Duggars wondering into the road and getting flattened by a semi, only to be surrounded by other Duggars walking in tiny circles, waving their hands, and squeaking 'JESUS JESUS' before a car hits another.

This would be the best show ever.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Hooded Reptile posted:

accidental double post but,

No More Duggars: Almost 180 Advertisers Bail On Jill And Jessa's Upcoming TLC Specials
Read more at http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/10/07/no-more-duggars-almost-180-advertisers#Z89EQ4X3cu0hlX8X.99

lol

So is Jim Bob throwing out his daughter-in-law and grandkids so they can sell the house to keep them in rice bags for another month, or because he's still a greasy bag of poo poo that thinks a Bible can change into a human being?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

How long has Josh Duggar been in "rehab"? Guess I'm hoping they beat him to death or disfigured him or something.

We should be so lucky.

In all honesty I imagine they're putting over their stupid little attempts at adult blanket training knowing all the while that he's just going to go back and do the same thing over and over again. Seriously, does anybody really think this guy is going to stop going to hookers for rough sex?

I think the only thing to take out of this is that the quiverful method of raising children only turns everybody into dead-eyed robots and future rapists.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Ryoshi posted:

man is it okay to think that the duggars are weird and gross and bad but also think that speculating about their beds and stuff is creeper obsession level weird ??

Considering the lack of space for so many children and the fact that their oldest son molested their daughters, it's a solid question to ask. Did the Duggars design this house themselves? Because separating the boys and girls rooms and having the parents bedroom so close to the girls' room seems to be an implicit admission that there was something very wrong with their oldest son from day one.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

cumshitter posted:

wow he's like 23 or something in this he totally committed himself to that haircut

It's well on its way to being the Lego hair. There it just looks like he went to the nearest barber and said 'I don't care if you're blind, make it look like I have the shittest toupee in existence.'

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

dog buttz posted:

I don't personally know a single fellow Arkansan who doesn't think they're creepy as gently caress. Even the old people. The goddamn old people think Jim Bob is creepy.

Is it because Jim Bob looks like a Lego guy someone has glued human eyes and teeth to?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Yeah, I figured you meant American Christians--half of them probably aren't even aware there's an Eastern Orthodox Church, let alone the Coptic Church. It always struck me as weird that so people so vocal about their religion know nothing about it--like, how can you have no curiosity about something you claim is a vital part of your identity? (I mean, I get it--people are lazy, and learning about stuff means learning and digesting complicated, sometimes contradictory histories, people, and concepts, and people don't like challenging their own faith/identity and so on--but still.)

Probably because it's a lazy default that people only get into when they get into serious poo poo and/or want to evade responsibility. Doesn't help that Christmas gives the illusion of Christianity when most Americans simply don't give a poo poo and practice a capitalist/Yule version of it anyway. American Christianity is just a way for ignorant people to feel superior and pressure everybody into giving that ignorance space.

Sorry, had to go off there.

quote:

The Eastern Orthodox Church's analogue to the Pope is the Patriarch of Constantinople, but he doesn't have the same authority as the Pope. He's mostly a ceremonial/honorary leader of the Eastern Orthodox Church and sets the tone, but the other EOC's aren't actually under his authority. Fun fact! Before the Schism that finally split the Eastern and Roman churches, the Pope and Patriarch were co-heads of the Church. Naturally, there were a lot of disagreements, and various popes and patriarchs feuded and sometimes excommunicated each other, so starting in 1054, the churches split along an east-west (Greek-Roman) line.

That's pretty awesome, actually. I had no idea the church had two heads before.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

is it just me or do all fundies(of any stripe or creed even the secular ones) have the same empty eyes.

Remember that story about the talking rear end in a top hat in Naked Lunch, about how the eyes were the last thing to die but you could tell they were still alive and pleading to be let out of their flesh prison? Yeah, that's what it looks like here: like the brain realizes how utterly retarded and full of poo poo this whole situation is, yet they can't bust through the brainwashing to let out a year-long primal scream.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

Don't hurt poor Mike's feelings

Yeah, he's only got a few more months/weeks pretending to be a candidate despite not being invited to tonight's debate. He's just waiting to suck out the last quarter out of his appearances to vanish back to Fox News to hide and pretend he's relevant.

Julet Esqu posted:

Woops.

:cripes:

Of course, the source is "a family insider" and the site is Radar Online, so who the hell even knows.

"I'm sure the baby will keep us together!"

In five years there won't even be sex in the household. This whole situation is going to be one held together out of repression and hatred and distrust. Well, even more so.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Isn't she a hooker? Absolutely no disrespect meant towards her or any prostitute, since I think it should be legal, but don't come crying when you get called names like 'slut' or 'whore' by a client. I mean, poo poo, many, MANY guys get off on that sort of thing, and their wives / girlfriends oblige. And those are HEALTHY relationships.

Geoj posted:

OTOH at the time Josh Bob was the spokesperson for a conservative think tank that railed against sex outside of marriage and for any reason but procreation so...

Let's break this down: rough sex is a normal thing for two people who both agree to it. That is part of a normal and healthy sexual relationship. It's playacting where people are indulging their fantasies. But that sort of discussion is impossible when you're in a cult where men aren't expected to control their sexual urges or see women as equal partners in the act. Not only does this rob people of the guilt-free joy that comes with sex, but it makes the men into rapists. In an agreed act there is respect, even for sex workers. But with Josh, it comes off as someone who doesn't give a single solitary gently caress about what anybody else wants, it's all about his needs even if they mean forcing himself onto someone because he believes that God wants him to screw and take any vagina he wants for that purpose.

In short, the Quiverful movement--designed to increase the white population to stop any sort of political power non-white people could have--is creating men who are drat close to being rapists who feel too guilty about normal sexual pleasure and women who are designed to submit. The issue here isn't just that Josh is a twisted fucker that molests any women he comes across even if they're related, but that the system he grew up in created that mentality and now seeks to minimize it without realizing exactly what their little cult actually does. Josh is the perfect Quiverful, and JIMBOB O'THELEGOHAIR sees that as acceptable just as long as it doesn't stop the money flow.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TLC simply can't be bringing this back. There has to be a twist here: did the Duggars beg for at least half of what they got from their older shows? Is there going to be even more oversight? There's no way that TLC just decided out of the kindness of their hearts to bring back Lego Hair and His hosed Up Family of Retards just because one of their shows happened to do well.

I'm guessing there was a major salary cut here, along with some kind of penalty if another kid rapes another one.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

SteveVizsla posted:

I think it was ABC Family that recently tried to do a reality show about a "medium" who also happens to be a high school girl and OMGZ she has such a hard time finding dates when guys find out about her powers, you guyz.

(Psychics predict the future, mediums talk to the dead, very different)

E: Here it is, Monica the Medium. She's a junior at Penn State, not in high school. Wikipedia says it got picked up for a second season.

Episode summaries at IMDb

How many reality shows exist with this sort of stupid premise that make it a few seasons yet fly under the radar? I don't really pay much attention to the genre, and I don't really see how it's really any sort of long-term programming solution. Is the cheapness of such shows really worth it when their popularity expires after five years if not sooner? Seems like a lovely investment.

Heath posted:

Is this the general lovely TV thread now?

No, it's still about the genre the Duggars inhabit, and how it seems that shaming idiots like this doesn't keep them off the air. I don't really see anybody watching Duggar reruns five years in the future, even if they manage to avoid any more scandals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Speaking of horrible midwives (midwifes?):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ns-spotted.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-ambulance.html

As a new(ish) father, I've learned a lot about midwifery, doulas, home-births, etc over the past little while. As with a lot of other things, I am just blown away by the lack of intelligence shown by some of these people. Obviously the two examples I show here are just that; two examples, and there are successful births that happen at home with a midwife present, but holy loving goddamn jesus making GBS threads christ, given the choice, WHY would you not want hundreds of years of medical expertise as well as any helpful piece of equipment manageable available to you within a moment's notice when you're doing probably the most dangerous thing of your entire life, something that women used to easily die from? Why would you ever trust your health and your newborn child's health to someone who has pretty much no medical training whatsoever? Especially in the Duggar's case, where they're probably forbidden to even SAY vagina?

:psyduck:

Because a person that is full of hormones will do stupid poo poo.

The White Dragon posted:

what genetic mutation makes these hicks have such high liplines/low gumlines?

I'm amazed June had someone do her makeup and they gave up trying to make her look better and settled for 'minimizing the effects of a stroke.'

• Locked thread