Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I know there where people who came to Lena Dunham's defense but it did not nearly have the professional and organized clout the Duggar or their ilk have. poo poo, half the "liberals" I know hate Lena Dunham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ham_sanitizer posted:

if he had knocked up his sister i wonder if his family would have made her keep the baby

We all knew the answer is obviously yes.

Some southern nutters will get a gentleman's abortion and keep it quiet, I give the Duggars enough credit to walk the walk, even if the walk is batshit.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

Nah, more like the elephant squeezing under the hurdle

The hosed up thing about Conservatives'/Christian zealots' persecution complexes is they don't realize that in reality the hurdle (though they're drawing a high jump?) is the same height for everyone. Christians pretend they jump 10 feet higher than that hurdle and when some of their number only manage to get 2 inches off the ground of course we point it out. They're the ones who've spent the last few decades criticizing how high the rest of us jump.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

bitcoin bastard posted:

i was going to say 1996, but im guessing jim bob isnt up on the latest and greatest in web design so idk

Per Wikipedia, Jim Bob ran in the primaries for the Arkansas US Senate seat in 2002.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Scathach posted:

What,was that going to somehow retroactively make Jill gently caress before marriage?

I like how they're all "our men are all superior and smart and great" but the instant they see a woman in pants "quick say Nike so none of us animals thinks about raping her!"

Christ I feel like I'm writing about an alien race.

http://gawker.com/quiverfull-of-poo poo-a-guide-to-the-duggars-scary-brand-1706557073

Makes a good point that while certain brands of Christians act morally superior about sex it's almost all they think about. Like purity balls, the only people that think that much about sex are the people who take pride in supposedly being above it.

Highlight from the above article:

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Santorum actually wants to win, Huckabee is in it for the money. He loses nothing by saying what he said.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

KJV is not even CLOSE to word-for-word, where did this crappy chart come from?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Commie NedFlanders posted:

drat IT people!

So this whole scandal has made me aware of the Duggar family. While many people were thrilled to have a reason to slander the family, using them as a proxy for all of Christinity, I thought I would hold my judgement until looking into s bit more.

There are unfortunately people who've got a bone to pick with Christians and will take any chance they get to hurl as much vitriol as they can at anything they believe represents the faith. I think this has contributed to the ridiculous outcry that has resulted from this.

This thread is full if he most hyperbolic and outlandish slander aimed at the Duggars and sadly much of it is not in jest but rather representative of people's actual thoughts and beliefs.

I felt it was necessary to first and foremost consider the perspectives of the victims, who gave a full interview on the topic. I thought that was rather illuminating.

I'm the hope of learning even more about the Duggar family from their own point of view (I'm a fan of Primary Sources) I decided to watch some of the show, starting from the first episode. Now I see it's been purged from the Internet, taken down from Hulu or any other source

This is obviously an attention getting family but now all their shows are inaccessible because of this?

I'm pissed

You're adorable.

Jim Bob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Axolotl posted:

At this point she's gotta be pretty close to menopausal, evidenced by the fact that they're looking into fertility treatments so she can queef out yet another J-baby. If he wanted to quit, he could just say that she can't have children anymore and that their sex life is over since sex is only supposed to be for procreation.

Michelle Duggar probably keeps taking bullets for the team in order to keep Jorm Blib from finding some half-assed biblical justification for impregnating their daughters.

Didn't they famously say they wanted to keep having kids until they got a sign from God to stop?

Wouldn't the necessity of fertility treatments count as like the fifth sign they've gotten?

• Locked thread