Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Do It Once Right posted:

I'm glad the Duggers immediately forced their teenage sexual predator son into counseling with an accredited professional, in the hope that he would not grow into an adult sexual predator. I'm glad the son didn't have a vast support network of people hiding his abuse and excusing his actions.

Jesus is my licensed therapist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

The Hman posted:

So wait if i was a duggar i could get into heaven no matter what i did if i picked up a piece of trash from the street once.

God drat i gotta get some of that action.

Not how that works at all. All you need to do is tell God (only God matters here, don't need to give a poo poo about the victims) that you're very, very sorry. poo poo like picking up trash or saving children from burning buildings means precisely dick to The Lord.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Confounding Factor posted:

I find sanctimony in general very irritating. This means lots of religious conservatives rub me the wrong way, too. It's just with the religious right, that's kind of the point, whereas you'd think leftists would show a little more worldly sophistication. Instead, they're often the most pompous and self-righteous of all, viz. UVA rape hoax, Trayvon, global warming mania, etc etc.

The Duggers swept the sexual abuse by one of their children under the rug for several years using the influence of their fame, money and religious connections, ensuring that the victims would not get help, justice or likely treatment and probably enforcing that living in an unsafe environment is just a normal thing for girls to deal with, and on top of all that are almost certainly going to get away with it Scott-free, but liberals are pompous and say mean things about Christians so they're the real problem we should be talking about here.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Angela Christine posted:

It's such a baffling 'shop. If you are going to fake a mission pic, why the beach? The beach just reinforces the "you're paying for our vacation" vibe. A slum, a quaint village or even a church would be better options. Why the beach?

:psyduck:

I don't know, doesn't seem like a safe place to take your kid.

• Locked thread