Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The world is made up of coincidences like that and this case is in no way the first season of True Detective taking place in Arkansas or anything like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Melmac posted:

Also does anyone remember the days when self-admitted child molesters would be shanked in prison by other prisoners who thought they were scum?

There's that one dude who supposedly did time ITT who said like 80% of child molesters in prison are white Christian guys and it's such a known phenomenon that some Christians avoid religious services because they don't want to hang out/be associated with the sex predators lol

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Amarcarts posted:

Who knows what Huckabee actually believes he's just another right-wing snake running way out into crazyland so he can grab the fundie base and survive the early primaries. Watch him zip right back to reasonable if he survives.

Either that or next week somebody's going to turn up a video of him and Jim Bob Duggar in ornate animal masks running a train on a ten year old. Six of one, half a dozen of the

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Welp add me to the list of people whose FREE SPEECH IS BEING STIFLED by the GESTAPO over on the MIKE HUCKABEE FACEBOOK PAGE :bahgawd:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

you irl posted:

as a libtard, i think a huckabee nomination would be amazing

He's as good a candidate as you can realistically hope for if you want the GOP to lose. He'd be a tough sell even if he hadn't gone to bat for a pedophile a couple weeks after formally announcing his candidacy.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
There's no right answer wrt "shaming the desire", because while it's true that shaming people like that probably just drives them further into weird circlejerk NAMBLA "us against the normies" poo poo it's also probably true that not shaming them could normalize it (it's just a sexual orientation, after all, like any other!)

I think the right solution is obviously to figure out what combination of genes and environmental factors typically lead to developing pedo lusts and ruthlessly eradicate them from the earth

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I like that all the examples of good female hair grow their hair longer than the bad examples and the two paragraphs about male haircuts would have exactly the same effect if you just replaced all of it with "cut your hair short"

Where did the connection between women having long hair and men having short hair in conservative Christian culture come from, anyway? Like every depiction of white Jesus has long hair even

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Windows 98 posted:

Honestly I don't even think your average Fox News viewer even approves of this poo poo. No matter how bat poo poo conservative. I think only other families who have to deal with having a child molester among the ranks, and priests, think this poo poo is acceptable.

idk about now but a few days ago Huckabee's social media team was aggressively deleting any negative comments or complaints about the Duggar molestation scandal, so it's kind of hard to even tell

fox news mom and conservative facebook friends haven't said a single word about it either way

Baku fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jun 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
even if lena dunham had been 18 when she molested her sister and every single person in the mainstream media and every liberal had come out to defend her i still don't know how gross you have to be to say "LIBERALS DID IT TOO" in defense of your team when somebody molests children

• Locked thread