Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

UPDATE

Here's what we're watching this Saturday, for the finale.

Aim for the Ace!

720p: https://bakabt.me/torrent/168908/ace-wo-nerae-aim-for-the-ace-bd-720p-iznjie-biznjie

1080p: https://bakabt.me/torrent/168909/ace-wo-nerae-aim-for-the-ace-bd-1080p-iznjie-biznjie

and after that

Angel's Egg:

720p: https://bakabt.me/torrent/176804/tenshi-no-tamago-angels-egg-bd-720p-kazali-te-tragedije

1080p: https://bakabt.me/torrent/176869/tenshi-no-tamago-angels-egg-bd-1080p-pwm

Original Post:

Hello ADTRW.

It has been ages since the last simulwatch, and sometimes if you want something to happen you gotta do it yourself. So that's what I'm here for!

I'm gonna keep this nice and short for now, no need to make this more complicated than it needs to be.

What are we watching?

There has only been one simulwatch that focused on movies so I figure it's about time for another one. Right now I have a bunch of assorted movies in mind. The first few will pop up later in this post, with the rest to come.

When are we watching them?

Whenever you feel like, friend. But for the purposes of this simulwatch I'm going with 8 PM EST every Saturday. Obviously not everyone will be able to watch it at that time (I make no guarantees about being around every time) but you can still talk about it any time after that! Or before, if you're feeling frisky. Livepost if you want to but if you miss key details because you're too busy liveposting I'm gonna be cross!!

The Schedule

May 23:

Dirty Pair: Project Eden

quote:

Agerna is a planet rich in Vizorium, the one mineral necessary to space travel. So when a series of mysterious attacks on mining operations has the governments of the world pointing fingers and blaming each other, the World Welfare & Works Association naturally sends in their top agents to investigate. But are the lovely angels up to the task of stopping a mad scientist bent on taking a long dormant alien race to its final evolutionary form? Throw in a thief who's hunting a bottle of World War II-vintage wine and it's a safe bet that nobody on the planet is safe. It's more chaos, more mayhem and even more destruction than ever before as the Dirty Pair take on their wildest case yet!

It's a holiday weekend so I figure we can start off with something nice and simple. Don't worry about it being part of a bigger franchise; Dirty Pair is episodic so this movie stands alone perfectly, and it's a drat fine introduction to the series to boot. Large portions of it are like watching an 80s music video, and that rules.

Unfortunately this is scheduled so soon that it's not enough time to get a physical copy online, but luckily Manga Entertainment has the dub up on Youtube, in three parts:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhU3qlq4N8
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ-nAz7d3AM
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTSqi11f83Q

May 30:

Windaria:

quote:

Two pairs of young lovers become embroiled in a war between two rival kingdoms, the primitive but resplendent Isa and the militaristic but undisciplined Paro. Izu and his young wife, Marin , are simple farmers who live in the unassuming village of Saki, which lies directly between Isa and Paro. While Saki does not have the beauty of Isa nor the war machines of Paro, they do possess a magnificent tree known as "Windaria," to which the villagers give their prayers in return for "good memories."

When the war erupts, Izu decides to join Paro's army, enthralled by the fantastic motorbike "given" to him as a bribe. Before he departs, they each take a vow: He will definitely return to her, and until he does, she will wait for him.

Before dedicating the rest of his life to directing Pokemon, Kunihiko Yuyama directed a lot of fascinating stuff back in the day. You might think that something like this would be a run of the mill heroic fantasy story, but I never would have picked it if that was the case.

Torrent: http://bakabt.me/torrent/144176/windaria-h-264-5-1-ac3-a-fanrips

June 6:

Mind Game:

quote:

Nishi has always loved Myon since they were little. And now as adults, he wants to pursue his dream of becoming a manga artist and marrying his childhood sweetheart. There's one problem, though. She's already been proposed to and thinks Nishi is too much of a wimp. But upon meeting the fiancé while at her family's diner and accepting him as a good guy, they encounter a couple of yakuza, only to have Nishi grasp a certain revelation. And, with his newly acquired look on life, adventures abound as he, Myon, and her sister, Yan, escape the yakuza into a most unlikely location where they meet an old man...

Masaaki Yuasa of Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong fame is behind this one. It's one of those things that I wonder how on earth it was made, but I'm really glad it was. It'll be a weird trip and I hope we can all have fun dissecting the weirdness together, ADTRW.

Torrent: http://bakabt.me/torrent/130015/mind-game-h264-368p-kaa

June 13 and beyond

To be announced later!

Let's have fun at the movies, everyone.

Srice fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You're a good man, Srice. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to some Simulwatchaction.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yes, I will participate in this. I will ensure that it is the first simulwatchathon where I keep up with the schedule. Been meaning to watch more old Dirty Pair and Mind Game anyway.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
So does this replace Livetoons or Gwei or Goonami?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

I'm sure whatever those are they can still exist. People can livepost if they want to but ultimately I just picked a bunch of stuff that I think will be fun to talk about in the thread.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Yes, I will participate in this. I will ensure that it is the first simulwatchathon where I keep up with the schedule. Been meaning to watch more old Dirty Pair and Mind Game anyway.

I've always been terrible at keeping up with the schedules and I know I'm not the only one so I figured, with movies people can come and go as they please without having to worry about getting caught up :v:

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Looks good, I'm in!

Thank you for putting it together, Srice

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm in, this is a good and varied selection and I'm excited for my first simulwatch.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm in, this is a good and varied selection and I'm excited for my first simulwatch.

Ditto.
This is pretty neat.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I'm looking forward to being a day late for each movie.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I may or may not watch these, but I will try

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
So I going the stream that does

good or bad idea to drop and watch this?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

I may or may not watch these, but I will try

ty for the sticky.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

So I going the stream that does

good or bad idea to drop and watch this?

I'm gonna be biased as hell and say this is cooler, but really the livewatching part isn't particularly important, I'm just keeping the naming tradition going! You can always just watch the movies later.

Or hell, you could even watch it before the scheduled time and then talk about it afterwards. Nobody will ever have to know.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Srice posted:

I'm gonna be biased as hell and say this is cooler, but really the livewatching part isn't particularly important, I'm just keeping the naming tradition going! You can always just watch the movies later.

Or hell, you could even watch it before the scheduled time and then talk about it afterwards. Nobody will ever have to know.

Not trying to one up you man, just wondering what the competition was to the /co/mrade stream.

Then again chillin with some insane goons could be fun.

We got done with the Lupin and Giant robo and GiTS movies.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Please show ghost stories DUB

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey, neat, Windaria looks like a lot of fun. It reminds me of Wings of Honnęamise, which I watched for that thread on trying different stuff and I liked that a lot.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
I think this is the first Simulwatch I'll be participating in where I haven't seen a single entry ahead of time. Looking forward to it.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh cool again its poo poo anime and no k-on, bless this zorak legacy

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Everything looks interesting and fun. Good to see simulwatches back again.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i apologize, i didnt know these were movies

still no k-on movie what the gently caress man

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

PotU posted:

you can set up your yui & ui dakis and have a private simulwatchathon

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Sweet Dirty Pair. :3:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Not trying to one up you man, just wondering what the competition was to the /co/mrade stream.

Then again chillin with some insane goons could be fun.

We got done with the Lupin and Giant robo and GiTS movies.

That's p cool. Those are some fine choices.

PotU posted:

People gotta go and seek out K-on of their own volition for the best experience, imo.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
This looks interesting! I have trouble keeping up with so many series as is, so I think the movie format works well.

The premise for Windaria kinda reminds me of Princess and the Pilot (Another Good Anime Movie).

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

What on earth are you talking about?

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

The_Frag_Man posted:

What on earth are you talking about?

/co/mr/a/de stream, and some of SA streams.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i wish you wouldnt post

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

PotU posted:

i wish you wouldnt post

k

My earlier pic was from them

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

You might think that is explaining what you are talking about, but it's not. What are those things?

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

The_Frag_Man posted:

You might think that is explaining what you are talking about, but it's not. What are those things?
this

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Oh, now I get it. You're doing it on purpose. I guess I'll go looking 'round.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

The_Frag_Man posted:

What?

Nah I was just wondering why others were wondering

It's literally 5 posts up

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

The_Frag_Man posted:

Dilbert is talking about several streams. The one he posted looks like it's managed by the anons over at 4chan while there's a synchtube managed by goons in the Toonami thread.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I'm asking for links, man. Threads. Streams. Somethin' to go on here. I am interested in the things you are mentioning offhand in a way that is like you expect people to already be familiar with it. Is that hard to understand?

E: ^^^ This guy, he get's it. Thanks buddy.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Yeah sure why not.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

simulwatch isn't like a weekly stream or anything, if that wasn't obvious? people mostly watch independently and just come here to discuss a la the airing show threads. also this one is about movies and i dunno if suggestions are open...so no Ghost Stories dub.

this seems cool. big fan of Mind Game, always wanted to get into Dirty Pair, and hoping some of the movies in my backlog pop up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Definitely in for the first two, though I've seen Mind Game a bit too recently to really want to watch it again so soon.
Dirty Pair will be interesting because I only really know it via lovely Adam Warren comics from back in the day.
Won't be simulwatching though since that's 4am here. :v:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

It doesn't. Those streams and the ADTRW simulwatchathons are pretty complimentary.

I like the theme of this simulwatchathon by the way. Haven't watched any of these and they look interesting.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Definitely in for the first two, though I've seen Mind Game a bit too recently to really want to watch it again so soon.
Dirty Pair will be interesting because I only really know it via lovely Adam Warren comics from back in the day.
Won't be simulwatching though since that's 4am here. :v:

8pm EST is 1am in the UK, if that's any better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I read PST because I'd just woken up whoops.

• Locked thread